WrittenWord
JulNo Member

Mood: Better than I was yesterday.
JulNoWriMo Title: The Questions of My Life

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-11-2009 at 11:20 PM
Scary JulNo Stories

I'm not talking about your plots--I'm talking about scary coincidences this month. Here's mine:

I was going to an amusement park with my family this afternoon, and I decided to put my cell phone in my wallet. To do that, I needed to sort of clean it out. While I was doing that, I was grumbling to myself because I am about ten thousand words behind where I should be and it's very frustrating. Then I pulled a small piece of paper out. It turned out to be a fortune cookie fortune. More out of curiosity than anything, I read it. The message?

"Not having a goal is more to be feared than not reaching one."

"Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia." ~E. L. Doctorow
"Talent is like a faucet. When it is open, we can write. Inspiration is a farce, invented by poets to give themselves importance." ~Jean Anouilh
Tainted.Sunshine
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-12-2009 at 12:58 AM

This doesn't have a whole lot to do with JulNo, other than the fact it happened while I was taking a break from writing. Someone on Twitter had posted a link to a video that claimed to show Michael Jackson's ghost. I watched a bit of it, before dismissing it as fake. As soon as I click out of the window, the phone rings, goes to voice mail, and the only sound is static, vaguely like breathing. It happened again right after that. It's been happening about once a day now. I am a little freaked out.

I still think the video was fake, though. xD
WIBEKE
JulNo Member

Mood: overwhelmed

[*] posted on 7-12-2009 at 06:24 PM

I was with my friend and we were walking around talking. All of a sudden this guy with two dogs walked by and I swear they looked almost exactly like the two main characters in my story. (yeah, my characters are dogs) I stopped and stared for a few seconds, and my friend had to push me to keep us moving.
I was freaked out... O.o
Knowlege_Master
JulNo Writer

Mood: Holy crud there's no way I can do this.
JulNoWriMo Title: The Dragon-Slayer's Apprentice (working title)

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 12:09 AM

I was just writing a really, really tough scene for me to write, about two of my characters' relationship, and I was taking a brief breather, to not die from the pain of empathy with my characters, when Me, by Faith Hill, started playing, and I realized that it perfectly described Jack's POV right then. O.o Strange, much. O.o

\"The only hat worth wearing was the one you made for yourself, not the one you bought, not the one you were given. Your own hat, for your own head. Your own future, not someone else\'s.\" - Terry Pratchett, in A Hat Full of Sky

-----------------------------------------------------
Screnzy 09: WIN!
JulNo 09: WIN!
NaNo 09: WIN!
Screnzy 10: lost.
JulNo 10: ???
Alies
JulNo Writer

Mood: Awake

[*] posted on 7-18-2009 at 09:28 AM

Well, this happened before the start of JulNo.
But I dreamt the dream that's now the inspiration for my JulNo story. It was about me going to a concert of MUSE. Throwing a drawing on their stage.
Well, guess what: A few days after I dreamt this MUSE suddenly announched that they will play in the Netherlands. And I've tickets! Pretty excited to find out if my dream will become some kind of reality (I guess it won't but it's funny)

The Doctor: Rose... before I go, I just want to tell you: you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what? [Pause] So was I!
Dr. Nicholas Rush: For a moment there I thought we were in trouble
lissiegirl1995
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: ready to write

[*] posted on 7-18-2009 at 01:04 PM

I've been wanting to write something a little creepy, but I never got the right inspiration... then I talk to two of my friends, we get on the subject of ghosts and nightmares and freaky coincidences, now old dreams and experiances won't leave me alone... and right after i decide to stick to my series.

\"Outside of a dog, a book is a man\'s best friend. Inside of a dog, it\'s too dark to read.\" -Groucho Marx
lissiegirl1995
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: ready to write

[*] posted on 7-18-2009 at 01:09 PM

Ah, but that actually didn't sound very scary *shrug* oh well, i got nothin' else

\"Outside of a dog, a book is a man\'s best friend. Inside of a dog, it\'s too dark to read.\" -Groucho Marx
Knowlege_Master
JulNo Writer

Mood: Holy crud there's no way I can do this.
JulNoWriMo Title: The Dragon-Slayer's Apprentice (working title)

[*] posted on 7-18-2009 at 07:06 PM

I had something really freaky happen today. I was at cross country practice, and I saw this guy who was late for practice come whizzing up on his skateboard, and jump off the stairs. It was freaky, because that's so something my MC would do. Even freakier, the guy looked exactly like my MC. Weird.

\"The only hat worth wearing was the one you made for yourself, not the one you bought, not the one you were given. Your own hat, for your own head. Your own future, not someone else\'s.\" - Terry Pratchett, in A Hat Full of Sky

-----------------------------------------------------
Screnzy 09: WIN!
JulNo 09: WIN!
NaNo 09: WIN!
Screnzy 10: lost.
JulNo 10: ???
merry_abandon
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: Going to keel over
JulNoWriMo Title: BNGoF:2&3

[*] posted on 7-21-2009 at 01:48 PM

A couple days ago I was writing a scene in my story that rather took me by surprise. My MMC explodes in anger against my FMC, which is very unlike him. It worked for the story; the FMC unintentionally ticked him off and his stress finally got to him. The next day, my dad, who NEVER yells, exploded in anger at me because I unintentionally said something that put him over the edge. I swear, our reactions, our tones, everything was EXACTLY like that scene in my story. I didn't realize it until I reviewed it in my head while I was writing. Just goes to show that there is more of us in our stories than first meets the eye.

NaNo07- The Journey- 27,035
NaNo08- Relinquishing Command- 100,819
ScriptFrenzy09- Spamlet- 47 pages
JulNoWriMo09- The Merry War- 78,675; The Unchosen- 22,912
NaNoWriMo09- BNGoF1&4- 153,647

Imperatrix Xoco
JulNo Royalty

Mood: ecstatic and insatiate

[*] posted on 7-21-2009 at 05:05 PM

Freaky and JulNoish.

When I woke up this morning, my laptop was closed and shut down, neatly tucked under my bed. I blinked, then there was this vivid flash of an image of my laptop sitting in my lap, the Word document for my novel open, and my automatic reaction was to reach out to start typing again.

Then I touched my quilt where my keyboard should have been and realized that I was hallucinating. ._. It was a little concerning, to say the least.

wolf
JulNo Writer

Mood: Not as worried as yesterday

[*] posted on 7-21-2009 at 05:59 PM

Nothing to do with my story, I've been thinking about taking up my painting and art as a full time career move but I'm rather nervous to do so. I heard an interview on the radio about someone who did that, gave up their job to follow their dream and get into show biz. They're doing pretty well for themselves. So I'm inspired, and I think it would be cool to let the person know that they inspired me, but I don't have any way to contact them so I figure there's nothing to be done about it. Then I go on facebook, I look at a friend's page, I look at their only friend's page, I see someone's profile pic that looks cool so I click on it (so, this is a friend of a friend of a friend of mine so far... if you're having trouble keeping track) then I see a person with the same 1st name of someone I haven't talked to since high school (10 years ago almost) and see the pic, and it looks JUST like her! So I click on it, I go through HER friend list to see if there's anyone I might know to actually place this girl and as I scroll down, there's that famous person's name! So I was able to send the person a message about how they inspired me after all! lol! Weirded out.

The avatar says:

Coffee! You can sleep when you\'re dead!

I noticed you can\'t really read it that well when it\'s so small...
Aestua Nox
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: pretty optimistic
JulNoWriMo Title: Day of Silence / other projects

[*] posted on 7-24-2009 at 02:13 PM

I found the tree, aka The Oak, which my FMC and MMC spend a lot of their time in, at University of Iowa when I visited.

O.o

(Luckily, Dad was nice enough to drop me off near it once the tour was over so I could take about 1,000 pictures and then pick me back up by going the wrong way down a one-way road. :P)

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]