JulNoWriMo Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
  Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: How do people fall in love?
xRememberingJuliex
JulNo Member

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-11-2009 at 09:32 PM
How do people fall in love?

I'm writing a story that does involve a romance. The main characters are both very passionate and fiery, sarcastic and intelligent. One is an young vampire in his early 20's physically, but he's actually almost 300 years old. My other MC is this tiny seventeen year old. And they have to fall in love.

I have a prologue, most of a first chapter, the last chapter, and an epilogue. Plus a scene in the middle, that's kind of like the turning point for them. I need to cover six months before this event and six months after. The six months before, they still kind of hate each other, and then the six months after they begin falling in love and do have to share this with each other.

But I have NO inspiration for all of these scenes. And I'm not even at 20K yet, so they're crucial. Any ideas?
Anastasia
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-12-2009 at 11:07 AM

How people fall in love varies by the couple. I've only been in love once and we both just knew within a week after we started dating (about 6 weeks after we really met). Other times it takes months for the couple to first say the "L" word.

To make it seem believable, you have to show some kind of chemistry between them. It also helps if they become friends first, spend time together, etc. The entire "hate" thing is usually too extreme for people to fall in love after though. Dislike, sure. But I can't imagine falling in love with somebody I've hated.

Corrupted_Apple
JulNo Writer

Mood: Wishing that there were more hours in the day to slack off in.

[*] posted on 7-12-2009 at 08:26 PM

Usually, two people who fall in love after "hating" each other never really hated each other to begin with. Either they were denying an underlying attraction or (more likely) they do have fiery personalities and tend to argue. But I have to agree with Anastasia. It's usually annoyance or competitiveness, not outright hate.

xRememberingJuliex
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-12-2009 at 09:13 PM

Well, he also kidnapped her. And she didn't come easily. He loves her in a brotherly kind of way, so he simply dislikes her. She loathes him because...he kidnapped her. But it was kind of what she needed. She needed to get out of where she was.

It's just easier to say they hate each other.
Woodenman
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-17-2009 at 11:44 PM

Show the change using small changes, a gift, bringing her favorite food, harming himself to prevent harm to her. This would all be decided by why she is kidnapped the reason and motive.

Simple things of her calling him names could cause him to take pride that he's really not a mean guy she rebukes him on it and he tries harder

With out knowing to much more its hard to give much more advise

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]