Brownthumb
JulNo Writer

Mood: Not winning JulNo

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ZigZag
In bed during NaNoWriMo I almost called my boyfriend by my MC's love interest's name before catching myself. I had spent the day working on their love scene and I guess it was on the mind. Yeah, that one would have taken a lot of explaining.

I did something similar. Yesterday I was thinking about a story, and then I called out to my boyfriend about the laundry. I almost called him by the name of one of the characters in the story. One of the female characters.
Kassiopeia Aindri
JulNo Member

Mood: Totally awesome.

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 04:51 PM

I have a problem that usually only happens when I read something in a book that I feel just has to be played out. I start going around my room and having conversations out loud between a few people. The horrible thing is that I don't quite know how to stop when I have to do this and it sometimes happens when I'm in a room with other people, so I could be having a conversation under my breath with people that aren't even there. It's a thing I've noticed a few other people here have, but no one here in this house who might notice one day seems to do it.

lissiegirl1995
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: ready to write

[*] posted on 7-17-2009 at 02:01 PM

I started talking to myself, having four people in my head debating (Me, Myself, I, and Compromise), almost calling siblings characters' names, making like Gollum and pretending I'm two people, acting out scenes, fazing out mid-conversation, wondering what it weels like to be stabbed, playing swords again, acting like an elf, pretending I'm certain characters, feeling my characters' pain... and lots more. *headdesk*

\"Outside of a dog, a book is a man\'s best friend. Inside of a dog, it\'s too dark to read.\" -Groucho Marx
Sewpah Steph
JulNo Royalty

Mood: Happy to be back

[*] posted on 7-18-2009 at 04:28 AM

I havent done anything funny yet, but I go back to school in a few days, and I get the feeling that wont go too well. I have a habit of talking to characters in my head, so I am hoping i dont have to explain to my firends that the reason I wasnt talk was because my character was arguing with me, or even worse if I start actually saying it out loud. That would be horrible.

I havent really been out much since July began, and have been writing or thinking about writing near constantly, so I think going back into reality. Should be interesting. Anyway, better get to writing.

Alies
JulNo Writer

Mood: Awake

[*] posted on 7-18-2009 at 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by misslasagna
I cried buckets last year when I had to kill off my favorite character (MC's auntie) :( :(

During NaNo this year I was complaining to my mom about my stubborn main character, who refused to be named anything but Chantey. (Chantey Caroline Carlisle. Seriously?) Mom's like, "Um, she's a character. You can call her anything you want." "But you don't understand, her name is Chantey. CHANTEY! And she won't let me change it!" Mom: "Megan. She's a character." Me: *pouts*

Nothing too horrible has happened so far this go around, but I'm sure I'll be back in here soon!

Having the same problem. I named a character Dylan and my MC Caley. But i don't like it. But I can't name them differently. Just... Cant

The Doctor: Rose... before I go, I just want to tell you: you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what? [Pause] So was I!
Dr. Nicholas Rush: For a moment there I thought we were in trouble
Haley.Alexander
JulNo Member

Mood: Perfect.
JulNoWriMo Title: Forgotten Princess

[*] posted on 7-19-2009 at 11:30 PM

Not reallyembarrassing, just stupid, but one of my main characters has just told me that he is gay and has a twin brother that he wants to kill. How did this happen? I thought he loved his fiancee.

NaNo'07 - Broken - Won: 53,429
Script Frenzy'08 - Pink - Won: 108 pages
NaNo'08 - Fanged - Won: 51,870
JulNo'09 - Layla - Won: 52,398
NaNo'09 - Fierce - Won: 57,298
JulNo'10 - Forgotten Princess - I hope!
NaNo'10 - Vamps - I hope!
Imperatrix Xoco
JulNo Royalty

Mood: ecstatic and insatiate

[*] posted on 7-20-2009 at 02:18 AM

So, I'm sitting in a cafe in a bookstore writing, waiting for my sister to finish up some meeting there. In the scene I'm writing, this character has someone's hand over his mouth and he's trying to say, "Then stop being so mean," around the hand. Of course, I want to see if I can get the mumbles written out right, so what do I do in the middle of this crowded cafe? I clamp my hand over my mouth, then say "Then stop being so mean" v e r y s l o w l y so that I could write it down.

It took me a few seconds to remember where I was. A couple more and I realized that people were staring, understandably concerned. :embarrassed:

Bookish13
JulNo Writer

Mood: :]
JulNoWriMo Title: Digimon Guardians

[*] posted on 7-27-2009 at 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by WrittenWord
That means my little guy's name...is Robin Williams.

This is one of the funniest things I have read in this thread. xD

I don't really have a funny story, other than the fact that I'm hiding out at my Grandma's house writing this. My parents make me get off the computer at a certain time, and because most of my work gets done after the nine o'clock hour (and usually well into the next day) stuff just doesn't get written there. But at my grandma's the computer is in the room I sleep in, so I actually work all night while she thinks I'm asleep. *feels guilty*

Aestua Nox
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: pretty optimistic
JulNoWriMo Title: Day of Silence / other projects

[*] posted on 8-2-2009 at 11:22 PM

I wouldn't call it embarassing exactly, but writing about trying to track down a teenage boy's pregnant ex-girlfriend while I was at Jesus camp last week (btw it was AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING lol) was...interesting. :P <3
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]