Haley.Alexander
JulNo Member

Mood: Perfect.
JulNoWriMo Title: Forgotten Princess

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

smiley01.gif posted on 7-1-2009 at 07:44 PM
Most Embarrassing Thing You've Done Because of JulNo

Post funny thingsthat have happened to you during JulNo here. Things you've done by being too pre-occupied by JulNo or pre-occupied or just funny, embarrassing things. Sort of like the thread on NaNoWriMo's site about Embarrassing moments.
I haven't had any yet, but it's only the first day and I'm about to go on vacation so I'm sure I'm going to embarrass myself in some way or another.

NaNo'07 - Broken - Won: 53,429
Script Frenzy'08 - Pink - Won: 108 pages
NaNo'08 - Fanged - Won: 51,870
JulNo'09 - Layla - Won: 52,398
NaNo'09 - Fierce - Won: 57,298
JulNo'10 - Forgotten Princess - I hope!
NaNo'10 - Vamps - I hope!
LunaKlipps
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: Ready to write!!!
JulNoWriMo Title: Down

[*] posted on 7-1-2009 at 10:52 PM

Okay, i'll start.

I was sitting at my gmas computer writing a scene where my FMC is in an abandoned house, and she just heard a cough behind her. She was freaked out, and I guess I was a little too in the moment because my gma opened the door and I almost screamed in her face xD

NaNoWriMo '08: Menda - EPIC FAIL - 3.344
JulNoWriMo '09: The Twin Gates - WIN! - 50k
NaNoWriMo '09: blink - WIN! - 50.077 - WIP
JulNoWriMo '10: Framed - Abandoned - 8.899
NaNoWriMo '10: Down - WIN! - 50.200 - WIP
JulNoEdMo '11: Down (Cont.) - WIP - Edit in Progress
Haley.Alexander
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-1-2009 at 11:40 PM

I have one. Not really embarrassing I guess. More like "WTH do I have to be insane?"

I was sitting at my desk typing away at my laptop and after about five minutes of typing, I realize that I'm talking to myself. Conversation?

Me: I can't believe I killed him.
Jani: I can't believe you killed him.
Me: I just killed your boyfriend.
Jani: You just killed my boyfriend.
Me: I can't believe I killed her boyfriend.
Jani: You killed him. I can't believe you would do that.
Me: HEY! I'm the author, I do the plotting. You get a new boyfriend soon anyway.

Yeah, so Jani's my character in the novel. And I just killed her boyfriend. I can't believe I just killed him. Poor guy has only seen three pages. I'm so mean. He's a new character too. He wasn't even in the last one. I'm great :)

VintageLegends
JulNo Member

Mood: Panicked

[*] posted on 7-2-2009 at 12:23 PM

Last year, I cried when I killed a character. Not like, sobbing, but I actually shed tears. I was embarrassed O.O (it was at the very end, at about 2 am, on day 29, very end of the book)

This year, just yesterday, I told me mom "So I just found out that this character is pregnant, what should she name the baby?"

She looked at me like.... "You just found out? Like... you didnt know?"

I didnt say anything.

She said "You're losing track of reality pretty quick this time, huh?"

D: It only gets worse from here.

Like my icon/sig? I take custom orders, free for julnowrimo writers only! http://forum.julnowrimo.com/viewthread.php?tid=833
WrittenWord
JulNo Member

Mood: Better than I was yesterday.
JulNoWriMo Title: The Questions of My Life

[*] posted on 7-2-2009 at 01:54 PM

I just spent two hours writing out the "rules", such as they are, for a card game called Iggerjigg. I read the first eighteen of them to my brother and he spent the entire time squirming and laughing. The worst part? NONE of those rules will ever turn up in my novel (merely the name of the game), one of the rules is that the Iggerjigg (the person who wins the round) gets to make up a rule that will be followed for the remainder of the game, and my characters in the book made the game up because they were bored.

"Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia." ~E. L. Doctorow
"Talent is like a faucet. When it is open, we can write. Inspiration is a farce, invented by poets to give themselves importance." ~Jean Anouilh
ZigZag
JulNo Writer

Mood: Cautiously Optimistic

[*] posted on 7-2-2009 at 09:58 PM

In bed during NaNoWriMo I almost called my boyfriend by my MC's love interest's name before catching myself. I had spent the day working on their love scene and I guess it was on the mind. Yeah, that one would have taken a lot of explaining.

misslasagna
JulNo Writer

Mood: Stoked!

[*] posted on 7-2-2009 at 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by VintageLegends
Last year, I cried when I killed a character. Not like, sobbing, but I actually shed tears.

I cried buckets last year when I had to kill off my favorite character (MC's auntie) :( :(

During NaNo this year I was complaining to my mom about my stubborn main character, who refused to be named anything but Chantey. (Chantey Caroline Carlisle. Seriously?) Mom's like, "Um, she's a character. You can call her anything you want." "But you don't understand, her name is Chantey. CHANTEY! And she won't let me change it!" Mom: "Megan. She's a character." Me: *pouts*

Nothing too horrible has happened so far this go around, but I'm sure I'll be back in here soon!

megs
--------
"You DO NOT growl at the love muffin!"

http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_5776.gif
suppii
JulNo Writer

Mood: setting gears
JulNoWriMo Title: Beloved

[*] posted on 7-2-2009 at 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by misslasagna
During NaNo this year I was complaining to my mom about my stubborn main character, who refused to be named anything but Chantey. (Chantey Caroline Carlisle. Seriously?) Mom's like, "Um, she's a character. You can call her anything you want." "But you don't understand, her name is Chantey. CHANTEY! And she won't let me change it!" Mom: "Megan. She's a character." Me: *pouts*

Totally understand you there. Fortunately I've never said anything about it to my Mom, or she'll seriously consider to send me for conselling XD
I want to change my MC's name, seriously want, since it'd be too troublesome to use current name. But he stubbornly sticks to his name like super-glue and I don't know how to separate them without hurting anyone...

Don't have any embarassing moment yet, but I'll post it in case anything pops up.

-----------------------------------------------------

......I know I'm supposed to be writing, not procastinating......
misslasagna
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-3-2009 at 05:59 PM

Feels good to be back in this here thread that I'm sure will become my best friend.

Today my dad and I were road-tripping it across the state to make it to a family reunion. Of course, I am writing madly on my laptop, and my head is deep in my story when we stop at a gas station. I wander in, still trying to figure out a troublesome plot hole, when my dad turns around to me, starts to say something, and bursts into laughter.

"What?" I ask, because now, of course, everyone in the whole place is looking at me.

"Um...are you aware that your flip-flops are on the wrong feet?"

Yeah. Embarrassing. So everyone in the gas station got to watch me take them off and return them to their appropriate locations. Ugh.

[Edited on 7-3-2009 by misslasagna]

megs
--------

WrittenWord
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-4-2009 at 02:18 PM

I have a character whose last name hasn't come up yet. He's been left by his parents, and it turns out that his father is one of the two detectives investigating the murder, but you don't find that out until later. The boy's name is Robin. I didn't know the detective was his dad, but I said okay, that's a nice little plot twist.

Then I realized. The detective in question was originally Detective Watterson, but I was tired of MS Word telling me that was misspelled, so I changed it to Williams.

That means my little guy's name...is Robin Williams.

"Talent is like a faucet. When it is open, we can write. Inspiration is a farce, invented by poets to give themselves importance." ~Jean Anouilh
Aestua Nox
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: pretty optimistic
JulNoWriMo Title: Day of Silence / other projects

[*] posted on 7-5-2009 at 12:30 AM

Nothing too too bad. I did run into my own doorframe this morning (and I bounced off imperviously O.o) because I had stayed up so late for JulNo yesterday and my eyes weren't really open yet.

Also, my MMC still doesn't have a last name, so I've been typing in Green'sLastName every time it comes up. It'll be like "Dad stepped forward to shake Mr. Green'sLastName's hand," or something. The problem is that, rather than, you know, making Green a last name, I've just ignored the issue. So the placeholder has progressed from Green'sLastName to stuff like WouldYouMakeGreenAFreakingLastNameAlreadyAggggh, etc. :P It makes rereading...interesting. ("I could hear Dad and Mr. WouldYouMakeGreenAFreakingLastNameAlreadyAggggh talking" = giggles.)
Brownthumb
JulNo Writer

Mood: Not winning JulNo

[*] posted on 7-5-2009 at 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aestua Nox
Also, my MMC still doesn't have a last name, so I've been typing in Green'sLastName every time it comes up. It'll be like "Dad stepped forward to shake Mr. Green'sLastName's hand," or something. The problem is that, rather than, you know, making Green a last name, I've just ignored the issue. So the placeholder has progressed from Green'sLastName to stuff like WouldYouMakeGreenAFreakingLastNameAlreadyAggggh, etc. :P It makes rereading...interesting. ("I could hear Dad and Mr. WouldYouMakeGreenAFreakingLastNameAlreadyAggggh talking" = giggles.)

In a similar situation I think I'd end up making a short, temporary surname. The problem with Green is that you can't just do a search and replace without checking to make sure you're not obliterating a color. I'd probably call him Xyz or something like that. Very easy to replace later. Less amusing than the name you've chosen, but remember: it's word count, not character count! ;)
LunaKlipps
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: Ready to write!!!
JulNoWriMo Title: Down

[*] posted on 7-5-2009 at 06:14 PM

Quote:
Writtenword said:

That means my little guy's name...is Robin Williams.

-bursts out into laughter- That's absolutely hilarious! Good luck figuring that one out, though if you decide to keep it, I want to read the story when you finish. :D

NaNoWriMo '08: Menda - EPIC FAIL - 3.344
JulNoWriMo '09: The Twin Gates - WIN! - 50k
NaNoWriMo '09: blink - WIN! - 50.077 - WIP
JulNoWriMo '10: Framed - Abandoned - 8.899
NaNoWriMo '10: Down - WIN! - 50.200 - WIP
JulNoEdMo '11: Down (Cont.) - WIP - Edit in Progress
Cherri
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: Searching for words...
JulNoWriMo Title: Unsigned Letters

[*] posted on 7-5-2009 at 06:27 PM

I was on the bus the other day on my way in to town to meet up with my friend.

About ten minutes in to the 45 minute journey I got my note book out, thinking I might as well spend half an hour writing and get a few more words down.

I realised after fifteen minutes that I was arguing with my muse, out loud, on this rather quiet bus. :-/ The other people on there seemed... concerned, to say the least.

[Edited on 7-6-2009 by Cherri]

"You people and your quaint little categories."
Anastasia
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-5-2009 at 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ZigZag
In bed during NaNoWriMo I almost called my boyfriend by my MC's love interest's name before catching myself. I had spent the day working on their love scene and I guess it was on the mind. Yeah, that one would have taken a lot of explaining.

I'm sure he would have appreciated that one. XD I don't think my boyfriend would be impressed if I did that, seeing as the male love interest has the same first name as the guy I had a crush on before we started dating.

To the person with the "Chantey" issue, that is why Alex has the name he does. Even though I haven't liked the guy who inspired that name in over a year, he refuses to let go of it. It's also how Elena ended up as Elena. It did make things rather annoying at first for me though, since in addition to claiming their names Alex refused to choose a bleeping last name until the middle of last November. (I'm continuing my NaNo novel.)

So far, nothing major has happened to me. On June 30th I was explaining to my boyfriend that I can hear my character's voices in my head, which he seemed to find a bit odd. He knew I was crazy to begin with though. :D

WaterVyper
JulNo Writer

Mood: Great! ^.^

[*] posted on 7-8-2009 at 05:14 AM

*cough* I was headed to church one day, and I was thinking about making a religion for my encyclopedia. *cough* And I was thinking aloud what the name of the god should be, what rituals the believers were going to go through. And, um, my friends were very religious, and they didn't realize that I was making up a religion for my fantasy world. I think they thought I was making up names for God and saying what people should do instead of praying, and there was someone who thought that I made Jesus evil, but I have no idea how she got to that conclusion. I stopped there.

However, I couldn't get the issue out of my mind, and in the middle of the prayers, I finally got an idea and very nearly announced it to everyone in the church. Fortunately or not, my friend stopped me by clamping her hand tightly around mine. I yelled out in pain instead. It was really loud and everyone, including the priest, turned to stare.

For the rest of that day, my face wouldn't turn any color other than red.

pianissimotion
JulNo Member

Mood: has tentatively quit JulNo but is still writing and posting.

[*] posted on 7-8-2009 at 06:32 AM

I am laughing so hard at every single one of those posts!

I haven't done anything embarrassing yet. Fortunately or unfortunately...

JulNo 09: 13 018 words

JulNo Blog: 30daysofterror.wordpress.com
adivineeternity
JulNo Member

Mood: Writerly...?
JulNoWriMo Title: unFocused

[*] posted on 7-8-2009 at 12:07 PM

I haven't done anything embarrassing. Yet. Although, I'm sure if anyone goes through my purse and finds my thesaurus questions will be raised.

EDIT

OH! And I get funny looks for bringing my writing buddy with me to work. She takes the form of a stuffed cat.

[Edited on 7-8-2009 by adivineeternity]
Chase
JulNo Member

Mood: Hopeful!

[*] posted on 7-8-2009 at 10:15 PM

I've nearly wet myself with laughter at everyone's expense.

...That sounded harsher than intended XD

I recently found that my MC's "perfect sister" gets pushed to the point of committing suicide. I just spent forty five minutes dealing with the whiny, crying voice of my MC, begging me to let her sister live. Sad part is that everyone in the house is sleeping, and I'm conversing with her out loud. Door's open O.o

http://AsylumSpeak.webs.com

Ashley Vintage :: Stolen Moments
5 0 , 0 2 4 / 5 0 , 0 0 0
misslasagna
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-9-2009 at 02:25 PM

Have my noise-canceling headphones on and the rock-and-roll cranked, in the middle of a busy coffee shop, and have caught myself humming along rather loudly twice, drawing awkward sidelong glances. :embarrassed:

megs
--------

Telephone
Experienced JulNo'er

[*] posted on 7-9-2009 at 05:02 PM

Oh, what LULZ I'm having at everyone's expenses here. I haven't done anything that bad/embarrassing yet -touch wood- I wish I could connect with my characters more like everyone else seems to, I am in complete control of mine and they never come to entertain me. :B
WrittenWord
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-9-2009 at 06:18 PM

I went out of town for the last three days (meaning I'm behind on my writing), and on the way up to North Jersey, I was explaining to my mom about my previous MEM. This ensued:

Me: ...so I was informed he was Robin's father, but they don't know that yet...
Mom: Wait. They told you this?
Me: Well, yeah, you know how this works--
Mom: But they don't know it yet?

Mom just doesn't understand.

On the way back down we passed a cemetery that had an interesting-looking name visible from the highway ("Van Burkalow") and I convinced my mom to let me stop and go prowling around to collect names. She called my Nana to say we were going to stop by and visit while I was prowling and told her what I was doing. I got some weird looks for that one, but as I said, they're not using the names anymore, why shouldn't I? (Mostly I was after surnames. I find good first names, but surnames are bloody impossible to come up with.)

C of Many Names
JulNo Writer

Mood: My mood swings like a swingy swinging thing!

[*] posted on 7-9-2009 at 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cherri
I realised after fifteen minutes that I was arguing with my muse, out loud, on this rather quiet bus. :-/ The other people on there seemed... concerned, to say the least.

I do walks around my school campus talking to characters and my muse. People look at me funny constantly; I think they think I'm a witch or a schizophrenic.

So yeah, I know what you mean.

When a housecat kills a human he is regarded as a god by his feline peers.

NaNo 08 // LEC //
fail, rewrite in progress
JulNo 09 // For the Love of Words //
to be announced
Knowlege_Master
JulNo Writer

Mood: Holy crud there's no way I can do this.
JulNoWriMo Title: The Dragon-Slayer's Apprentice (working title)

[*] posted on 7-12-2009 at 10:22 PM

I am . . . chuckling quietly, to say the least. I've been interrupting my family members quite often to ask them random questions, such as, "What do I name my gigantic flying beetle who used to be a garden shed?" I got some pretty strange looks at that one. What's even stranger is that my dad actually gave me a name that works.

Also, for GothNoWriMo, I got inspired while I was on vacation, all because of a rock formation. So, I went down there one sweaty afternoon, and low and behold, there was a campsite right next to it. So I called out, but no one was there. I considered biking home, but then asked myself what my MC would do, and decided to stay. The campers got back when I was acting out a fight scene on top of one of the rocks. *headdesk* I'm not sure if they saw me. I got the heck out of there.

Okay, that's my most embaressing moment thus far. I need to stop procrastinating, and try to catch up on word count. Anyone got a club for me to hit my muse with? :P :D

\"The only hat worth wearing was the one you made for yourself, not the one you bought, not the one you were given. Your own hat, for your own head. Your own future, not someone else\'s.\" - Terry Pratchett, in A Hat Full of Sky

-----------------------------------------------------
Screnzy 09: WIN!
JulNo 09: WIN!
NaNo 09: WIN!
Screnzy 10: lost.
JulNo 10: ???
Haley.Alexander
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 02:39 AM

Mine: I was listening to WriMoRadio on my iPod and reading No Plot? No Problem! and thinking about my plot of insane people, when the door to my room opened and I yelled "Hark! Who goes there?" I'm still not quite sure what that was about.

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]