TheWriter
JulNo Member

Mood: NOVEL TITLE PANIC!!!!
JulNoWriMo Title: ???

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 6-23-2009 at 01:06 AM
Interview A Character!

This is a fun way to flesh out characters, and even help advance your plot!
(And a fun way to procrastinate as well... shh...;))
All you do is pretend you are sitting across from one or more of your main (or minor) characters, and ask away! See what the voices in your head have to say.

(I'll post mine when I actually know what I am going to write about, *coughcough*)
Shino
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 6-27-2009 at 01:28 AM

I've done this before with a previous novel-it's does really help, and can come out being quite amusing, especially if you have characters with really eccentric personalities haha.
I'll go and try to start one with my MC :)
[May or may not post depending on how well it goes eeek.]

This above all ó to thine own self be true;
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.
thepillsburydoughgirl
JulNo Royalty

Mood: Motivated
JulNoWriMo Title: Three Stars

[*] posted on 6-27-2009 at 01:38 PM
I found one!

Ah! I found one online! I love it!

1. What do you do for a living? Guard for the Palace of Veltara
2. Are any other people living with you? Who are they? A lot... I live in the palace... I share a room with Rashka
3. Tell me about your parents. How well do/did you get along with them? My dad is the captain of the guard, I get along with him pretty well. My mom died when I was three, I don't remember her much.
4. What was your birth order? How many siblings did you have? Older? Younger? 2nd child, had one sibling, Torren, older, died (in prologue :()
5. Who else was in your family while you were growing up? How did you get along with them? Well, Rashka has been sort of adopted into our family. We're best friends.
6. Did you have any childhood friends? Are you still friends? Well, Rashka of course, and Prince Tobynn, I guess Esma too. A few of the servants' kids were fun to play with. I'm still friends with Rashka, Tobynn, and Esma
7. What were three things you liked to do when you were a child? I played swords a lot. I really liked exploring too. I also always liked to hear the story of Anjela.
8. What were you afraid of when you were a child? Esma... she can be scary at times.
9. How did you respond to the physiological and psychological changes in your life as a teenager? Not well... I survived through it though... the psychological thing is still, well, psyching me out.
10. What makes you happy now? (My character isn't really happy right now, very depressed, so... no reply)
11. What is your greatest fear? Being locked in a cage, trapped
12. What would you change about yourself if you could? My life, being the captain of the guard's son is tough
13. What is it that you have never told anyone? Well, then I would have to tell you. I guess that I was always jealous of my brother and Esma.
14. What do you want? (This is the key to your story!) To avenge my brother's death

Alies
JulNo Writer

Mood: Awake

smiley13.gif posted on 6-27-2009 at 03:30 PM

Welcome Watchers, Readers and Listeners. We are hereby gathered to get to know some more about the secret lives that my guests, Jared and Dylan of the somewhat famous band Eclipse and Dylan's girlfriend Caley, live behind their lives in the spotlights.

Interviewer:
Welcome Jared, Dylan and Caley.
Jared: Thanks, we're glad we were allowed to take place in those comfertable chairs.
Dylan: *nodds and grins at Jared's reaction*
Caley: *smiles shyly*

So, there's rumoured that there will be a new album out in stores very soon. There is said that this record will contain something very personal. Or at least; something way more personal than before. Is this true? And if so, why?
Jared: Every single song of ours is very personal. I don't think you can just write lyrics and melodies without putting something familiair in it. It can be the feeling you had when you were doing the dishes. It can also be the feeling of friendship or problems with parents. There is always something personal in it. So doesn't really have to with the lyrics this time...
Dylan: Stop teasing the interviewer, Jared! *smiles proudly* Yes, there will be something special about this record. But it doesn't really show in the music, because this is always special to us. It is the way it will be presented. To be more specific; This girl next to me will be drawing the cover.
Caley: *smiles shyly and looks from Dylan to the Interviewer* True.

This is really personal indeed. How did a band like yours get in touch with an artistic girl like Caley?
Dylan: This brave creature threw one of her portraitdrawings on stage when we played in the Netherlands.
Caley: That wasn't braveness at all. It was thanks to the adrenaline rush...
Dylan: *rolls eyes* Anyway, she joined our crew later as illustrator. That was when my friend Jared here asked her to join us on tour as reward.
Jared: Couldn't let a promissing artist like her just walk of the stage like that. *laughs*
Caley: Oh no, please! Don't make me look like some kind of Mary Sue!
Jared: Okay, Okay. Lets just say that I liked her style of drawing. I liked what I saw.
Dylan: Kay (bassist of Eclipse) didn't like it at all, to be honest.

So Caley, you were at their concert in the Netherlands. This means you were already a fan of the band, am I right? Were you already crushing on Dylan before meeting him in person?
Caley: *turns red* No, no. I was a fan, yes. But Eclipse was not my all time favourite. And to be honest I had a light crush on Jared at the time.
Jared: *looks suprised* Really?
Dylan: Yeah, she told me. She was soooo in shame in the time she told me that. She had supressed her feeling towards you because she knew you were engaged. But when she got in touch with you she had trouble with locking them.
Caley: True. I still feel kind of ashamed for this.

So, Dylan wasn't your first choice. But how did you manage the fact that the media thought that Dylan was gay?
Dylan: She just ignored!
Caley: Well, I didn't really. I did mention that socalled fact in my head, but decided to ignore it, since you made our first move.

The first move? What was it like?
Dylan: This is sooo....
Caley: PRIVATE!
Jared: *laughs his ass off*

And you Jared. You are engaged with Maya and are planning to marry her very soon. How do you feel about leaving your status as an unmarried man?
Jared: I feel completely certain and happy about it. Maya is everything I always wanted in life.

Do you think it will cause problems in the bands way of life?
Jared: Oh no. About the band it feels like I'm married already. Everything will just go the way they go already. I'll tour and she will meet up some of the weeks of it. The rest of them I'll be missing her.
Dylan: Oh Jared. Don't get to sentimental here! Kay is doing exactly the same with his wife and his babyboy.

This was my interview with Eclipse!

Personal Interview Caley

1. What do you do for a living?
To be honest I do nothing for a living, since I'm living with my parents. I'm still a student about to attend University. I do have a job. I'm the illustrator of Eclipse Merchandise
2. Are any other people living with you? Who are they?
At home I live with my mom. She's very supportive in getting a carreer by attending Uni. She preferes that kind of carreer above making my hobby my carreer.
My father: He tends to draw in his spare time too. But he loves to draw animals instead of portraits. He's a little more supportive.
And my two borthers DaniŽl and Nathan. My older brother Daniel is very close to me. He's studying Chemics. My younger brother Nathan is in the final year of secondairy school.
3. Tell me about your parents. How well do/did you get along with them?
I kind of get along with them well. My mom tends to ignore my carreer wishes sometimes because she preferes a carreer caused by education on University rather than based on hobby. It sometimes gets on my nerves, but we both agree that my education is more important at this moment. My dad tends to think that women are less superiour than male. It irritates me sometimes.
4. What was your birth order? How many siblings did you have? Older? Younger?
I'm second in line. I have one younger brother Nathan and one older brother Daniel.
5. Who else was in your family while you were growing up? How did you get along with them?
Do dogs count? Love my dogs
6. Did you have any childhood friends? Are you still friends?
I'm still in touch with my highschool friends a lot, since we just gratuated. My primairyschool friends I lost along the way except from a few. Now I get along with an university mate a lot.
7. What were three things you liked to do when you were a child?
I loved drawing, but that started at age 12. I also loved to make objects out of clay and play hid and seek with my classmates at primairy school.
8. What were you afraid of when you were a child?
Loosing persons I care about. Spiders after hearing this terrifiying story about humankilling spiders. Shadows in my room. Being in a locked room
9. How did you respond to the physiological and psychological changes in your life as a teenager?
I'm still going through them. At least I hope so. I'm not quite satisfied with wath the hormones have done for me. But I'm okay with it. The changes did freak me out at first with my mom laughing really loud because she knew there was nothing to worry about.
10. What makes you happy now?
Dylan ofcourse *laughs* My friends. My ability to practise my hobbies. The fact that I'm gratuated and allowed to attend my new course on Uni. ROMANTIC TELEVISIONSHOWS AND BOOKS
11. What is your greatest fear?
Friends, family and me being portraited badly by rumours in gossipmagazines.
12. What would you change about yourself if you could?
Getting rid of my shyness in the first place. Which is caused by some insecurity.
13. What is it that you have never told anyone?
When meeting Eclipse in concert she was having a crush on it's leadsinger Jared.
14. What do you want? (This is the key to your story!) My love for Jared. Herefore I need to change my behaviour towards gossipmagazines, I guess.

[Edited on 6-27-2009 by Alies]

The Doctor: Rose... before I go, I just want to tell you: you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what? [Pause] So was I!
Dr. Nicholas Rush: For a moment there I thought we were in trouble
TheWriter
JulNo Member

Mood: NOVEL TITLE PANIC!!!!
JulNoWriMo Title: ???

[*] posted on 6-27-2009 at 11:03 PM

OK, I finally got off my butt and decided to reply to my own topic.It helps that I changed my story last minute, and am much happier with my new story.
My interview is with my MMC, Loki/Adder.

Loki/Adder: Wait... my name is Loki-slash-Adder?
Me: Well, no, but...
Loki/Adder: What do you mean, but? Is it or not?
Me: No, it isn't, but I haven't decided on your name yet! It's going to be one or the other.
Loki/Adder: Oh come on you wishy washy chick. You know you like the name Loki better, even if it makes no sense in context. You won't be able to write well if you hate my name.
Me: Fine, pushy! Loki it is!
Loki: That's better. Now on with the questioning.
Me: OK. So Loki, you're a pirate? And the captain of your crew and ship.
Loki: You got that right. And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't the best damned pirate in these waters. And you know I'm no liar.
Me: So you also always keep your word? That character trait is a little... over used in pirates, isn't it?
Loki: OK, let me rephrase. I only keep my word to people who deserve it. For example, people who I don't like or are generally bad people often find themselves framed for various crimes or cheated out of their jewels in a game of cards or something. However, when my honor is on the line, I'd rather die than go back on my word.
Me: So you only tell the truth if it makes you seem like a better person? Isn't that a lie in itself?
Loki: I've no idea what you're talking about.
Me: Don't play dumb!- Oh well. Whatever. Next question. Aren't you a little young to be a pirate captain? You can't be more than 20.
Loki: I'm damn close to twenty, and may the Gods strike me dead if there is a better damned pirate whose crew has more damned respect for him than me anywhere!!!
Me: OK, OK, I get it. You're sensitive about your age. And you don't need to curse so much. Anyways, that brings me to my next question. You said "the gods". I hear that one of them isn't too happy with you at the moment. What exactly happened?
Loki: Oh, that. Um, that's a bit of a sticky subject... I can't give the details, but it may have something to do with the fact that I possibly may have cheated death... a few times... and the Goddess of the Underworld is sorta pissed at me for it. Possibly.
Me: Oh dear. and how do you plan on solving this situation?
Loki: Solving? What? I was just planning on running away.
Me: ...Running away?
Loki: She can't kill me if she can't catch me.
Me: ...OK... Well then. I think that concludes this little interview. Have a nice ay Loki, and um, don't die.
Loki: Trust me, I won't.
Sewpah Steph
JulNo Royalty

Mood: Happy to be back

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 09:42 AM

Alies, I really like your interview. I like the character Jared. The whole band thing reminds me of the second novel I'm doing this month. lol

lissiegirl1995
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: ready to write

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 10:52 AM

I'm Marna! Nice to meet you! Ask whatever you want!

1. What do you do for a living? I'm ten!!! I don't DO anything!
2. Are any other people living with you? Who are they? Well... right now I'm at a friend's home in the city of Zybora. Igloer. He's a mapmaker slash historian. His three sons, his eldest son's wife and kid, my cousin, and three friends are here besides me. And Kennan.
3. Tell me about your parents. How well do/did you get along with them? I don't know about my Father. My mother was the greates! But she... died. (prologue of book one :))
4. What was your birth order? How many siblings did you have? Older? Younger? I have one [known] sibling, an older brother, Leon.
5. Who else was in your family while you were growing up? How did you get along with them? Uncle Velrom and Aunt Meyrima :angry: I hated them! And guess what? They hated me back!
7. What were three things you liked to do when you were a child? Talk to myself, make fantasies, and wonder what my brother/father looked like (Leon left when i was a little baby and I have no idea what he looks like)
8. What were you afraid of when you were a child? Nothing. I was a fearless, angry kid. I once was afraid of losing my mom, but that happened so I can't fear that anymore.
9. How did you respond to the physiological and psychological changes in your life as a teenager? I'm still ten :P
10. What makes you happy now? Seeing my family! (consisting of Zac and Leon so far)
11. What is your greatest fear? losing the rest of my family
12. What would you change about yourself if you could? My talking to myself habit XD
13. What is it that you have never told anyone? Ummmm... Everyone knows something about me. Some even know about my two familiars! So nothing... yet.
14. What do you want? (This is the key to your story!) To see my dad and free Leon (who got himself arrested for being a ranger)

\"Outside of a dog, a book is a man\'s best friend. Inside of a dog, it\'s too dark to read.\" -Groucho Marx
Tina
Super Moderator

Mood: Ain't Lonely

Word Count: 50021 / 50000
Word Count Start100% CompleteWord Count End

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 11:44 AM

Characters: Christian[/color] - [color=darkred]Darell[/color] - Gale[/color] - [color=cornflowerblue]Kim[/color].

K: [color=cornflowerblue]Why if this thread has been around since June have you not let me talk to you? [/color]
#: [color=hotpink]Because I was too busy planning. [/color]
C: You're a thick dona if you think planning without your characters will get you anywhere. [/color]
G: Especially stupid if you think that you can start a sentence with "because".[/color]
#: [color=hotpink]Oh hush. If you want to talk, we can talk, fine. But we're not going to argue in front of everyone.[/color]
G: But it is all that we do, Kristina.[/color]
#: [color=hotpink]Hush Gale or I'm sending you back to your father.[/color]
G: ...[/color]
#: [color=hotpink]Better, now, may I ask you some questions?[/color]
C: Certainly.[/color]
#: [color=hotpink]Not you. You share too much already.[/color]
C: Oh?[/color]
#: [color=hotpink]Yes. I really didn't have to know that watching Kim getting beaten up turns you on.[/color]
K: [color=cornflowerblue]What!?[/color]
C: Quiet babe, just pretend you didn't hear that.[/color]
K: [color=cornflowerblue]But I want to know.[/color]
D: [color=darkred]I think I want to know too, Christian.[/color]
G: So might his girlfriend.[/color]
C: This is irrelevant.[/color]
G: That's a big word for you.[/color]
#: [color=hotpink]Gale, behave.[/color]
G: Fine, mother.[/color]
C: Says the man nicknamed "mama".[/color]
G: Christian![/color]
#: [color=hotpink]Gale...[/color]
G: Fine, I'll leave. I feel like I'm losing brain cells among this lot.[/color]
C: Me too.[/color]
G: You're included in "this lot".[/color]
D: [color=darkred]Go and discover a solution to world hunger, or something. I want gossip.[/color]
K: [color=cornflowerblue]Also.[/color]
G: I'm leaving.[/color]
C: Then go already, I'm being interviewed.[/color]
#: [color=hotpink]No you're not.[/color]
C: Then why did I just spend twenty minutes on my hair!?[/color]
#: [color=hotpink]I'm here to talk to Kimberley.[/color]
K: [color=cornflowerblue]Ooh![/color]
D: [color=darkred]So, this isn't about our diva?[/color]
C: No, but it should be about me.[/color]
D: [color=darkred]If this isn't about Christian then I guess I'm going to go.[/color]
C: Me too.[/color]
#: [color=hotpink]You two weren't invited anyway, so scat. [/color]
K: [color=cornflowerblue]Are we alone now?[/color]
#: [color=hotpink]Just you, me, and a pencil.[/color]
K: [color=cornflowerblue]Does the pencil have ears?[/color]
#: [color=hotpink]I don't think so, no.[/color]
K: [color=cornflowerblue]Okay. So what do you want to talk about?[/color]
#: [color=hotpink]Why don't you tell me about your relationship with your parents?[/color]
K: [color=cornflowerblue]My father is a businessman who never had time for me, and my mother is the reason I'm blue.[/color]
#: [color=hotpink]Was she really that bad at representing her sex?[/color]
K: [color=cornflowerblue]No, she just enrolled me in ballet class, only played classical music and put me in pink dresses when I was little.[/color]
#: [color=hotpink]Oh, I see. Is that why you dress in drag now?[/color]
K: [color=cornflowerblue]No. I started when going through a rebellious stage at eighteen. I would hit the bars at eleven, get completely hammered and then shack up with whoever had a place to stay and booze to last 'til daybreak.[/color]
#: [color=hotpink]How was the response when people realised you were a man?[/color]
K: [color=cornflowerblue]The women were pleased. The men either decided to experiment, had already worked it out or would punch me in the face.[/color]
#: [color=hotpink]Then why do you continue to dress in women's clothing?

K: [color=cornflowerblue]It's now my job. I'm a female performer. But due to complications, to and from work I continue to dress like a lady so that the gents I perform for don't become suspicious. A man and a woman making out on a bar table is no where near as hot as the illusion of two women.

#: [color=hotpink]I'll trust you on that one.

K: [color=cornflowerblue]Plus, it's also a good disguise from them.

#: [color=hotpink]Who?

K: [color=cornflowerblue]Christian, Gale and Mike.

#: [color=hotpink]Why do you need to hide from them?

K: [color=cornflowerblue]They think I'm a spy, and don't want me to have any contact with the leader of their gang.

C: We can't have someone who used to work in investigatory journalism on our turf - if the government finds out we're finished.
#: [color=hotpink]Christian, it's not your turn to speak.

D: [color=darkred]Don't talk to Christian like that or else I'll smash you up.

G: Now isn't this interesting? I think Kristina touched on Darell's weak spot.
D: [color=darkred]Shut your face, Gale. Next to Kim you're the most likely one to rat us out, seeing as your daddy is our f~ing MP and all.

G: Touch up on your intelligence and then come back and b~h.
#: [color=hotpink]Gale. Darell.

D: [color=darkred]Back off, this doesn't concern you!

G: It's hard to say, but I think I agree with the bear.
D: [color=darkred]I'm not animal!

#: [color=hotpink]Do you want to be killed off?

G: All you do is eat, sleep and read comic books - you might as well be an animal.
D: [color=darkred]Animals can't read!

#: [color=hotpink]Are you two even listening to me?

G: Neither can you - you just look at the crudely drawn pictures.
D: [color=darkred]It's art, you ass.

G: Just the sort of response I'd expect from a Neanderthal.
D: [color=darkred]What did you just-

G: I rest my case.
#: [color=hotpink]I think I'm being ignored.

D: [color=darkred]Do you want to live to your next birthday, Gale?

G: Is that supposed to be a threat?
K: [color=cornflowerblue]I'm going to go for dinner now.

#: [color=hotpink]Take me with you!
C: Now wasn't this a success?
:rolleyes:

~ ‚ô• ~
Teeny
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Title: Unknown

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 02:15 PM

Ganking from Pillsburydoughgirl and Alies :)

Interview for Mag
Because he's my MC and still isn't very developed... weird.

I'm Lady Jayne's protector and paladin and a head lieutenant in the Casian Army.

I used to take up up residence in the temple with Lady Jayne... sharing her room... but--*glares* it wasn't like that. At the moment I'm boarding up with Hy'dun in whatever inn will take us as we travel around and about.

Well, my father was paladin to the head priest, Urban--Jayne's father--along time ago, and has now retired from the military to become a professional tactician. My mother was born into slavery across the continent in Piav... she and my father met and he brought her here to Casimir... *pauses* I get along with the both of them rather well. Da's excitable and Mother is gentle and kind, though I believe she tries to protect me when she knows that it's a bit pointless now.

They... do not get along very well with one another, however, mainly because of the military. The only reason my mother doesn't disown me is because I'm her only son.

I have no brothers or sisters to speak of. Though the Shifter I travel around with, Hy'dun, often is like a younger brother.

5. Who else was in your family while you were growing up? How did you get along with them?
The General (who I later found out bore the name Barnabas--Barn for short) was often over our house, and would be my sort of father away from my father during war. He was always around when he wasn't on duty and would visit quite often.

There aren't many children where I come from, we have a small population among us. I am still friends with Lady Jayne and also an enemy Piavian by the name of Warrick...

Dirk and sword fights are our ways of... saying "hello"... *glances nervously to the side* Uh-huh.

I liked to chase the little flightless hawks around our home when I was younger *laughs* and I also practiced fighting with my blood-steel dirk. Oddly enough, I'd taken up the harp as well, and would play it for temple services.

Having to go to war. My father introduced me to the fact that I would be thrown into it when I was only eight...

9. How did you respond to the physiological and psychological changes in your life as a teenager?
I... never truly experienced this change from a teenager to an adult... Being thrown into war at the age of fifteen forced me to grow up a bit faster than I would have liked.

Hmmm... honey and Jayne *smiles* And Hy' when he isn't being a complete and utter brat. *pauses* And praying.

... Cannibalism. Having to eat the flesh of my own men... which I've had to do before.

Trusting that good for nothing son of a--*sighs and calms himself* The alchemist... he got me.

Why would I tell you? *raises a brow but then rolls his eyes* I'm a virgin... now get out of my face.

14. What do you want? (This is the key to your story!)
To save my Lady *smiles* and hopefully the world.

[Edited on 7-16-2009 by Teeny]

Unknown (Stats)
Goal:
Caffeine Had: 0
WoD Sprees: 0
FantasyFreak
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Title: Chaos is Thicker than Blood

[*] posted on 7-17-2009 at 04:21 PM

Oh boy. I decided to take a break [from doing nothing] and wrote an interview with my main character for my series of books... >.< beware

Me: So how does it feel to be the heroine of a fantasy novel?

Bridgette: Heroine? Fantasy novel? You told me this was an interview for the school newspaper!

Me: Well, it isÖ sort ofÖ kind ofÖ not really. Itís more important than that

Bridgette: The last thing I wasnít to be is the protagonist of some freak show

Me: Itís a novel, honey. Actually, a series. And you do fine

Bridgette: Thatís all well and good, but youíre the author! Of course it seems fine to you. But we all know that authors love to screw around with characters

Me: Yes we do. Itís really a lot of fun to torment characters. But I have other characters to do that too. I donít do it as often to you

Bridgette: I got pushed down a flight of stairs that broke under me, broke my wrist, and gained an almost incurable phobia of stairs before the novel even started!

Me: Nobody in your family has died

Bridgette: The guy Iím supposed to fall in love with has not one dead girlfriend, but two!

Me: Hey, thatís me screwing with him, not you

Bridgette: I have to deal with the baggage

Me: Yes, but could you imagine being the person that has watched every single one of the women youíve ever loved die and then actually fall in love again only to find out that their newest love is destined to die?

Bridgette: Iím what!?!?

Me: Donít worry. Youíre supposed to have cute little Avery. So youíll only be dead for a little while

Bridgette: Iím going to haveÖ who? Is Avery my other boyfriend?

Me: No, Avery is your son

Bridgette: With falls in love with dead girls dude? I donít think so! I think Iíll stick with Teos

Me: ButÖ heís already taken for

Bridgette: Oh, so he is gay

Me: No. He and Tani get together

Bridgette: Theyíre siblings!

Me: Theyíre not related

Bridgette: Well you better get on telling them that or theyíll be devastated!

Me: Theyíll find out. Actually, youíll find out and tell them

Bridgette: What? Now Iím a spy?

Me: You know Iím supposed to be asking the questions here

Bridgette: Brilliant. Sixteen years old and I get to solve a mystery, die, shack up with tragedy dude, and have a kid

Me: You wonít be having the kid when youíre sixteen

Bridgette: Well, thereís a relief.

Me: Though your mom will almost die while youíre sixteen or seventeen

Bridgette: Next youíre going to tell me she also managed to get pregnant by another real estate agent guy that she doesnít even love and Lydia is going to let her keep the baby

Me: I wasnít planning that but it might be a good ideaÖ

Bridgette: *facepalm*

Me: Hey, first rule of Dungeons and Dragons is never give the DM ideas. It works here too. Never give the author ideas

Bridgette: My mistake. Truly. Because sarcasm doesnít translate onto the page all that easily

Me: There could be worse things

Bridgette: Yes. And youíll make them happen Iím sure

Me: Iíll scatter the love. Cantara is the really tragic character. I really like to screw around with her

Bridgette: I know. And supposedly sheís going to be my best friend! Seriously, why am I attracted to depressed people?

Me: BecauseÖ youíre not?

Bridgette: Excellent deduction. Is that how you live your life?

Me: Itís more of depressed people are attracted to me and I find the good parts of them

Bridgette: So youíre making me like you?

Me: More and more each day

Bridgette: Fine. Then you get in here and save the world and shack up with tragic people and die for just a little while and Iíll live your life!

Me: You know, youíre not this grouchy in the bookÖ

Bridgette: Yes I am! I just hold it back most of the time because I vowed never to get into a fight with my mom

Me: This is true. So why donít you try and track down your dad?

Bridgette: Because I donít care. Because he seems boring. Because heís not relevant to your plot so you wonít let me. If this were a different type of book the entire plot would revolve around me finding my biological dad. But everything has to include some part of fantasy

Me: Hey, if there wasnít any fantasy I really could do my Cantara plotline

Bridgette: That parasitical thing that almost ate my plotline?

Me: Now you care about your plotline?

Bridgette: If I have to do it I want it done right! Okay, next three days I will solve that mystery, die, mysteriously get resurrected, un-depress everybody, and live happily ever after. Now get writing!

Me: ErÖ Iím afraid none of that happens in book one, dear. And the timeline will probably take you at least a year to finish everything.

Bridgette: Then get writing, woman! Weíve barely even gotten started and Iím ready for the happily ever after part.

Me: You know that doesnít happen in real life

Bridgette: Iím the protagonist in a fantasy novel. Of course it really happens

Me: Iím planning sequels

Bridgette: How many mysteries do I get to solve in that one?

Me: None. Your son and niece will be doing the solving

Bridgette: Iíll have dinner waiting for them, I suppose

Me: Thanks for you time. I really appreciate it

Bridgette: You own my time. Thereís not much I can do about it

Me: I do love you

Bridgette: I bet you say that to all your characters

Me: Yeah. I always mean it though
merry_abandon
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: Going to keel over
JulNoWriMo Title: BNGoF:2&3

[*] posted on 7-17-2009 at 11:50 PM

This is pretty pointless and not even really funny, but I was bored, so here goes.

M = Me, A = Ander, N = Anand, C = Colstin

M- So, hi, you decided to talk to me.
N- What do you mean, decided? Ander made me come to this.
A- Youíre not going to start bickering with me, are you?
M- Come on, now. Letís not fight. Remember, Iím your author and can do what I want with you.
N- Oh, is that a threat? Do you remember what happened to the last person who threatened us? Do you?
M- Course I do. I wrote that whole scene. You werenít even there, if I recall correctly.
C- Donít sneer at Anand, Author, or you'll make her even more sarcastic than she already is. Hey, don't stick your tongue out at me, Anand! Now, weíre supposed to be interviewed, right? So interview us.
M- Alright, Anand, weíll start with some simple questions first to warm up. What is your biggest fear?
N- Well, I guess itís fear of being left behind.
M- Who would leave you behind, or is it just a general fear?
N- Stop looking at me like that, Ander! Itís specific to people I love. I lost my mother, my grandmother, and my father. And then I thought Iíd lost Ander. In retrospect I see that last wouldn't have been that bad...
A- :rolleyes: Whatever.
M- And you, Ander?
A- Um, wellÖ *rubs neck* I guess it would be fear of failure. But mostly the fear of failing my family and my country. Theyíre too important. I think Colstin agrees with me.
C- Most definitely that, but also I fear for Anand as well, though she is like family. Donít pout at me, Anand.
N- Youíre the one making me blush!
A- What? When did this happen?
*pause*
C- We rather thought you knew.
A- I knew you liked her, but Anand? You return his sentiments?
N- You ask that as if you think I suffer a constitutional inability to love.
A- Thatís not what I saidÖ
M- Can we get back to the interview now?
C- You didnít tell him?
N- Why is everyone pointing fingers at me?!
A- Well, if youíre happy, AnandÖ
N- Why do you have to do that? Smile like that, all full of yourself, snobby! Ugh! You embarrass me all the time, Ander!
A- Did she really just leave?
C- Well, I think I'm leaving, too. I want to make sure sheís okay.
A- Yeah, scrap this. I want to go riding anyway.
C- Anand! Anand, you want to go riding?
*several moments pass*
M- O.o *facepalm*

NaNo07- The Journey- 27,035
NaNo08- Relinquishing Command- 100,819
ScriptFrenzy09- Spamlet- 47 pages
JulNoWriMo09- The Merry War- 78,675; The Unchosen- 22,912
NaNoWriMo09- BNGoF1&4- 153,647

FantasyFreak
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Title: Chaos is Thicker than Blood

[*] posted on 7-18-2009 at 12:30 AM

@merry_abandon: Oh, that was funny! Now I want to read your actual novel *laugh* Or at least get a detailed description of what it's about so that the interview is easier to understand XD
Fallen_Angel5535
JulNo Member

Mood: Excited
JulNoWriMo Title: Such a Beautiful Girl

[*] posted on 7-18-2009 at 06:54 PM

Well, I decided to try this out for my MC, Riley James.

I'm only sixteen, so I'm still in high school. I don't have a job; my constant illnesses are so unpredictable, my parents feel it isn't safe.

Just my parents- I'm an only child.

My mother is very caring, and sensitive. She's always there for me, no matter what, and she takes care of me. She always encourages me to follow my dreams, no matter what holds me back. I love her with all my heart.

My father is also kind, and caring. He likes to tease, and joke around with me a lot. I think it might be his defense against something; maybe my illnesses? He always seems to joke when he's nervous or afraid. He's a bit strange. He's a great dad, and I love him a lot.

Youngest, and oldest. Only child. Lucky me. *smiles*

My grandmother was in my life a lot, before she died, because she was sick, like me, and needed to be taken care of. My dad couldn't bear to put her in an old folk's home; he could hardly stand putting her in the hospital when she really needed it. I got along with her okay, I guess. She was a little strange, crazy, even, but I think it was the costant medications talking, not her.

One- Wynter Jones. We met in Kindergarten, when she wanted to borrow my purple crayon. We've been best friends since then. She watches my back, and I watch her's. She's extremely sensitive about death since she was in the car crash that killed her older brother, Aiden, and younger sister, Thursday, two years back, so she sticks with me, and watches over me. We don't argue much, except over my illnesses- she thinks I don't worry enough, I think she worry's too much- but she's a great friend, and the sister I never had.

Drawing was definetly a favorite. I was especially sick as a child, and therefore confined to my bed, so I spent a lot of time drawing- especially all of the things I would do when I got better. I used to love to draw my special 'fairy godmother' who would come, and make my sickness disappear with the wave of her wand. I was a Cinderella fan when I was younger. *laughs*

Reading was also another favorite. I must've read a thousand books in those days when I couldn't leave my bed.

I also loved to just go outside, and sit in the sun on the lawn, watching everything around me, on the days I could get out of bed. For some reason, the tiny life going around me fascinated me.

I was terrified of hospitals and needles, but I got over it after spending so much time in hospitals getting needles.

I'm still technically through them, so I get back to you on that one.

Wynter. My family. Those rare days when I just feel absouletly weightless, and I'm so sure I'm going to get better, and nothing can ruin the moment. A good book. Any form of art.

Losing my family, or Wynter. My illness become too much for me to handle.

I wouldn't ever be sick. I would be the healthiest person alive. If only I had such power!

I know I act like I don't care, but I am afraid. I don't know anything about my illnesses- if it's fatal, or not, if I'll survive. I don't want to die. Not yet, not now, and not like that.

14. What do you want? (This is the key to your story!)

I just want to be well again. I want to be securely healthy so I can spend my days like a normal teenager, surronded by close friends and family.

merry_abandon
Experienced JulNo'er

[*] posted on 7-18-2009 at 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by FantasyFreak
@merry_abandon: Oh, that was funny! Now I want to read your actual novel *laugh* Or at least get a detailed description of what it's about so that the interview is easier to understand XD

Wow, what a compliment! Thanks! :D A quick summary of it: Ander and Anand--who are siblings--organize a revolution against a despot in favor of the rightful heir. Once they succeed in putting the actual heir on the throne, they discover that he may be an even worse enemy than the old king. When they're forcibly exiled, they discover that the new king wasn't the rightful heir at all, and it becomes a race to find this "true" heir. Through this Ander's best friend, Colstin, who's helping them, is falling in love with Anand. It's called The Merry War because my characters have all of these verbal wit wars through the whole novel and pretend that the revolution is a game, mostly because they don't realize how serious the situation is until they're on the execution block.

Hope that wasn't confusing! :)

EDIT: I just realized how dry that plot sounds. There are a lot of other subplots going on, and repeats of history, but I don't feel right going into that on this thread. :-/

[Edited on 7-19-2009 by merry_abandon]

Nightsong
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: Meh (Should be writing)
JulNoWriMo Title: Synth Spells

[*] posted on 7-24-2009 at 08:54 AM

Well, I enjoyed reading those. My own story is just about wrapping up, the first part at least, so I'll probably come and discover more about my characters before moving on. I hope to get a couple interviews up. At least one will be as if I hadn't written the current stuff, similar to FantasyFreak's piece, and another will be a mass interview. Now I'm really looking forward to writing those!

See ya guys soon!

JulNo '12 - Synth Spells

I'm great at managing my time, I just don't have enough of it.
-Anwyn
raebird
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-28-2009 at 10:58 PM

Okay this is for my Augnowrimo simply because I've only just started this current work in progress but I wanted to flesh a character out. Fourteen questions with Tosh

1. What do you do for a living? Well at present point I guess you'd say I'm unemployed. Like most of the world.
2. Are any other people living with you? Who are they? I've got one roommate, called Gemini Z in the first tower
3. Tell me about your parents. How well do/did you get along with them? My mum I got along with fine until she died last year my father I don't actually know that much about him to be honest.
4. What was your birth order? How many siblings did you have? Older? Younger? I'm an only child.
5. Who else was in your family while you were growing up? How did you get along with them? It was basically just my mum and I
6. Did you have any childhood friends? Are you still friends? Hard to trust people these days and a lot of parents didn't like me hanging around their kids.
7. What were three things you liked to do when you were a child? Explore, shoot guns, and....
8. What were you afraid of when you were a child? Hadrian. I knew I didn't like him growing up.
9. How did you respond to the physiological and psychological changes in your life as a teenager? Fine.
10. What makes you happy now? Being alive.
11. What is your greatest fear? I've seen some pretty terrifying things.
12. What would you change about yourself if you could? My life.
13. What is it that you have never told anyone? I know who was responsible for the apocolypse and it wasn't my grandfather.
14. What do you want? (This is the key to your story!) For people to stop seeing my Grandfather in a bad light.
merry_abandon
Experienced JulNo'er

[*] posted on 7-30-2009 at 01:15 AM

A new interview for a new novel...

M = Me, J =John, P= Patrick

M= Hey there, whatís up?
J= IímÖ Iím not really sure. Patrick, what club meeting did you bring me to NOW?
P= Donít shoot the messenger...
M= John, I just want to ask you a few questions so that I can better understand you.
J= Join the club! God, thereís a club for everything! I feel like Iíve got fangirls hanging all over me, just because of this stupid scarÖ
M= And hair. Donít forget the white-streaked hair. I actually think thatís kind of cool.
J= Oh, yeah. When somebody else has it, sure.
P= Heís just mad because the last meeting didnít go so well.
M= Stage-fright?
J= Donít encourage Patrick to talk! Before this conversationís over, heíll have shot you dead with sarcasm.
P= Well, sheís not the messengerÖ
J= Shut up, would you? You got me into this mess in the first place. Now everyone thinks that Iím the ďChosen OneĒ when very obviously Iím not.
M= John, how do you know youíre not?
J= Wouldnít you know if you were the Chosen One? I mean, come on, I canít even brush my teeth in the dark, let alone shoot fire from my fingertips. Donít laugh at me, Patrick.
M= But youíve got the scarÖ John, you were struck by lightning and survived!
J= That doesnít mean anything. Itís happened to people before. Patrick, if you donít stop snickeringÖ
P= What are you gonna do? Poke me with your toothbrush in the dark?
J= Iíll punch you.
P= Ooh. Would that be a fire punch? Or are you more inclined to use a different element?
J= Shut up! I canít use any of the elements, and if the President and all his people from the Headquarters get even a whiff of any public suspicionÖ
P= Youíll poke them in the dark with your toothbrush too?
*P and J begin to wrangle*
M= GuysÖ guysÖ Why do I stress myself with these interviews? Guys?

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]