Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: TV Time
obi1sgirl
The Phantom of the Forum

Mood: planning? lol what\'s that?

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 6-29-2006 at 09:52 AM

I really loved it. I'm a semi-comics nerd, though I focus mostly on the Bat Family... Superman is okay sometimes, but he's not one of my consistent favorites. But yeah. I thought it was great. Not an action movie, really, not like Batman Begins or Fantastic Four or anything. There was a lot more emotion and development in it, and (hee) angst. But I like angst. ;)

It's getting mixed reviews, like pretty much everything lately. Currently it has 76% "fresh" reviews at rottentomatoes, same as Cars (which I also loved, though I know not everyone has been). To each their own. ^_^

I have just met you and I love you.
pefergerry
JulNo Writer

Mood: Excited!

[*] posted on 6-30-2006 at 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by obi1sgirl
Speaking of characters - pefergerry, what's your opinion on the Grissom/Sara reveal? It seems like people either love it or hate it. ;)

Ahh, I missed replying to this before!

I'm neither here nor there with it, actually. :P Although I do think it was about time that the writers did something with it...

How about you?

Kalmay
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 6-30-2006 at 09:19 AM

Yeah, it seemed for the longest time it was all one sided. A couple of episodes showed where you thought he might have feelings for her but because they didn't develop it enough I didn't think it was believable. Grissom is so straight up why would he suddenly jeopardize his working relationship with a personal one? I liked that bone girl who he had an interest in (near the beginning I think) too bad they didn't develop that more, there you could tell he was in love :)

Anyway what did you think about the results from So You Think You Can Dance? Poor Dimitry! He such a wonderful dancer that everytime he's partnered with they don't seem to measure up. Funny how he always seems to pick dances more suited to his style rather than his partners, don't you think? Unless I missed the episodes where he hadn't.
clairebunny
JulNo Member

Mood: cheerful

[*] posted on 7-1-2006 at 11:10 AM

I <3 Doctor Who far more than is perhaps healthy. Cannot wait for Torchwood to start.

Top Gear is compulsary viewing in my house, as is New Tricks. And then, of course, are the series that have been cancelled but never should have been (Dark Angel, Farscape, Firefly...)

legally, it\'s questionable; morally, disgusting; personally, I like it.
clairebunny
JulNo Member

Mood: cheerful

[*] posted on 7-1-2006 at 11:14 AM

How could I forget Supernatural!? Supernatural is my new crack. And by the time we get series two over here, Torchwood'll be on!

Jensen Ackles and John Barrowman own my soul. *nods*

legally, it\'s questionable; morally, disgusting; personally, I like it.
darkmuse17
JulNo Member

Mood: quirky

[*] posted on 7-5-2006 at 12:20 AM

I always claim to not watch that much tv, but I am thoroughly addicted to the following:

Grey's Anatomy--I accidently stumbled upon this show while doing, guess what--my anatomy homework! With a situation like that, I just had to watch and I am absolutely addicted. I even converted my friend Sarah into an addict. In return, she got me addicted to my next addiction.

Lost--Yup. I am a lost fan. I did not really get into it until the second season when I went to college, but it is still awesome.

Rescue Me--What is not to love about a bunch of firefighters doing crazy antics?

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia--I got addicted to this last summer while I was staying with my brother in his apartment for a bit. We saw commercials and figured, hey, why not see what this is all about? The pilot was amusing and we just kept watching it whenever it was on after that. Plus, in this season, Danny DeVito plays the father of two characters. What's not to love?

Kyle XY--I thought it would be kind of cheesy, and it is a bit campy but the main character is absolutely gorgeous and his acting is awesome. (His eyes...piercing blue eyes. :D)

I guess if this is all the tv I watch it means I watch two hours during the season when I'm in college, and three hours a week during the summer. That works out pretty well.

Other shows I like but am not addicted to: The Colbert Report, South Park, Mind of Mencia, almost any cartoon that does not rot my brain (not that many out there...)
Morigale
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-7-2006 at 08:10 PM

I tend to have the TV on in the background if there's anything passably good on... the ones I actually LIKE are as follows.

Forensic Files.
Cold Case Files.
The New Detectives.
Dr. G: Medical Examiner. (My favorite. I just wish it was on more often)
CSI: Las Vegas (When I can catch it. Which isn't often. :/)

Sometimes I watch CSI: Miami, but it usually gets ignored for some other show. I haven't been able to catch CSI: New York yet.

I watch the X-Files reruns on Scifi and TNT a lot, but only if they're the ones with Mulder and Scully and, if possible, the monster of the week type. (I used to have a whole library of the things recorded until the Tivo-thing had to be replaced. :/)

I also watch Scooby Doo, but only the versions without Scrappy Doo.

obi1sgirl
The Phantom of the Forum

Mood: planning? lol what\'s that?

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 09:23 PM

Grissom/Sara was my OTP for CSI, even though I'd drifted away from it the past few seasons, so I was pleased they finally resolved it... especially in such a happy way. ;)

Terri (the bone lady) was okay... but then she got married. We saw her last in Season 3 when she recreated the skull of a man who had down syndrome. If Grissom was going to be with someone other than Sara, I would definitely think Lady Heather.

I have just met you and I love you.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]