JulNoWriMo Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
  Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: [07/31/05] We Made It...
JulNoWriMo
JulNoWriMo Webmaster

Mood: busy

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-31-2005 at 02:46 PM
[07/31/05] We Made It...

Well, we all made it to the last day of Julnowrimo. I am so proud of all of you for making it to this point, whether you made the word count or not, we all found out so much more about ourselves. Whether we found out that we are better writers than we had orignally thought, worse writers, mediocre writers, we have been through a long month.

I hope that you enjoyed yourself and made a new friend or two. We now move onto the fun process of editing, rewriting, becoming writers and possibly publication. Writing is once again put aside, or at the center statge of our lives. We are writers, whether you succeeded in your task or not. Once you decided to put pen to paper or fingertips to keyboard, you joined a class of people who are revered. You became a writer simply because you have written. When someone asks, you can proudly puff out your chest and say "I am a writer." Welcome to the profession.

If you wish to join the published authors, there are many places to go to start. Nanoedmo takes place in March, which would give your novel a good long nap, or give us laggers (since I didn't finish) a good long time to finish up with our word or our plots. One of my good friends, an excellent writer named Phil Bordelon, suggests putting your novel next to your computer and retyping every page, rather than roaming through and correcting random errors, that way you're re-reading as you're writing and can look for plot holes that are big enough to drive a Mack truck through.

I hope that you all have found peace with your muse this July.

Join us in November, when the chatroom will be rockin' for the official Nanowrimo!

--
Victoria

[Edited on 11-27-2005 by JulNoWriMo]

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]