Author: Subject: [07/22/05] Week 3--NO Distractions
JulNoWriMo
JulNoWriMo Webmaster

Mood: busy

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-22-2005 at 02:42 PM
[07/22/05] Week 3--NO Distractions

Is it really getting towards Week 3? ::Checks calendar:: Oh my Gosh! It is! Actually, I'm about a week late. Harry Potter really eats up those writing hours, doesn't he?

Well, put it down. I am sure that Jo would rather have colleagues that enjoy her books than just readers who enjoy her books. While reading the works of other writers is excellent for the study of other people's writing, and is also great for inspritation of writing for yourself.

Writing is the hardest thing to do during these summer months, but we are all doing it. There are so many of you who I have heard are struggling along, making your word count. With the forums squeaking along, and the chatroom open at all times, we still have a great support group for anybody who needs it and wants it. However, this is
all about you.

You are the only person you are writing for. I know you may have gotten into this as something you figured would only be competition, that the only reason your doing this is because other people are pushing you to, but really, the only reason you are doing this is for yourself. You are so very worth it though. You sit down in front of that keyboard; you crack your knuckles; you know where your characters are headed. If you are keeping up with your word count-- and many of you are-- your characters have practically taken over your life. They are leading you down paths you never thought they would go and, amazingly enough, they are taking you places that you didn't even want them to go. You are finding that it works for you though.

If you are behind, as some of us are, don't lose hope. You still have time. You could be banging out 5000 words on your keyboard a day and still have time to finish by the deadline, even if you haven't started yet. (well, almost. That last 10k push would be hard, but still doable.) Or you could set your own personal goals and try and reach that. This is your writing. We are not here to tell you what to do. Be yourself. Write!

I hope that you all have had a great couple of writing weeks. Sorry for the absence, as JK Rowling seems to have stolen my life.

Have a great week!
--
Victoria

[Edited on 11-27-2005 by JulNoWriMo]

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]