Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Adopt-a-Plots!
sunshinemusic
JulNo Member

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

smiley01.gif posted on 6-22-2008 at 11:44 PM
Adopt-a-Plots!

I found my post on the NaNo forums from 2007 and 2006 and I don't think anyone used them and I never did, so maybe it will help someone here? :D

1. This is the outline for one I started a prologue for:

"Syndrome of Lies"
- girl that has Tourette's Syndrome kicked out house by stepfather
- crazy prostitute with Tourette's Syndrome
- becomes obessed with a customer
- tries to leave prostitution, pimp beats her
- found in street by customer
- customer takes prostitute to hospital
- prostitute thinks about professing love to customer, decides against it
- prostitute recovers, more obsessed
- sees customer courting another woman
- prostitute has psychotic break, kills customer, herself, and burns down customer's house

2. A story that I got well into but can not for the life of me start it. Was to be last year's Nano, but as I always do, I don't like it anymore:

premeditated design: the mental purpose or formed intent to commit a crime, particularly the crime of murder.

*A stalker/killer makes an alphabetical guide on how things work in his world.
* Has an underlying story of how he stalks, freaks out, obsesses over and abducts a girl for two months
* Is in the 1st person
* 26 chapters; 2600 words per chapter

I think this second one would make something interesting, but I didn't know how to expand on it.

Anyone else has any failed plots up for adoption? Post them here! I'm trying to figure what my plot is gonna be now.

[Edited on 6-24-2008 by sunshinemusic]

Chelle-Lynn
JulNo Member

Mood: accomplished

[*] posted on 7-2-2008 at 11:04 PM

I once had an idea about an Italian girl living in America who gets taken to this magical world in Italy one day when she's trying to get away from her parents. The guy who takes her there was trying to take her powers from her. She didn't know she had powers.

I got about 2 chapters into the story before giving up on it. So, if anyone wants to expand on it, be my guest. Just remember to put me in the dedication :P
veda
JulNo Writer

Mood: Hopeful that AugNo will bring many more words. :D

[*] posted on 7-3-2008 at 01:34 AM

I love the stalker idea. Not taking, but I may do something with an idea like it next Nano. We'll see how it goes. lol Great idea for a topic, btw.

Weiland = <3

JulNo08: Doppelganger
Body Count: 9
Inhuman Creatures: 5
Sex Scenes: 2.3
Waking Nightmares: 2.2
Mind Link Injuries: 1
Weird Subplots: 4
Loose Ends: 3
Author Epiphanies: 2
Muse Revolts: 4

---
NaNo07: Techy love story, unfinished and despised.
Mad Red Queen
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: Banned (?) from the chat room. Need assitance and maybe an explanation!

[*] posted on 7-11-2008 at 08:23 PM

I used to love contributing to these things, so I'll go pull something out that I've written down that I (may) not ever use.

- In the "Cinderella" fairy tale, a servant girl has her wishes come true when she ends up marrying the prince.

What was never told was that she was not the only woman who deserved to become married to a member of royalty.

One young woman was never forced to work as her evil step-mother's slave, but she was at the bottom of the pecking order of a great many brothers and sisters in her peasant family, and she had to work herself to the bone in a local shop as an apprientince. The only thing she had been looking forward to was the great ball- when she hoped that a miracle could finally come her way.

She had worked and worked to be able to afford a dress she liked to wear to the ball (where Cinderella would actually meet the prince). A week before she goes to the ball, however, she meets her own Fairy Godmother- who is brand new recruit for a Godmother. She doesn't know how to make her wand work correctly, and she ends up messing up the beautiful dress the girl had worked so hard to get (turning it from a beautiful shade of green or the like and into a very ugly brown dress), causing her to miss her carriage, and, when she arrives to the ball, finally, Cinderella is already dancing with Prince Charming.

She's crushed (of course). But, her Godmother, deeply apologetic, and willing to help her with anything, is willing to let her have two "special" wishes, and two of these wishes only. And, unlike her earlier ones, they will not be botched by her Godmother's amateur use of magic, and they can break any normal rules that Godmother's are normally unpermitted to allow happen.

So... what will this underdog of all underdogs choose for her wishes? Shall she go and off "poor, miserable me" Cinderella, make the Prince fall in love with her- or shall she find a way to make her life- and/or her family's- better?

Take care of it, if you do take it.

Ah, don\'t worry about that- I assure you, my A.D.D peppiness and Miss Know-it-all Attitude will grow on you like mold!

http://lab.drwicked.com/writeordie.html -- Putting the \"prod\" in productivity is satan\'s cruel way to punish you for not writing to his standards...

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]