JulNoWriMo Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
  Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: What are the main things that dissrupt you when trying to write?
Pliny
Experienced JulNo'er

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-19-2008 at 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lilium Corsica

-Ok but the worst thing is my sister. She does that Kramer thing, if you know what I mean. About 90 times a day, too. All of the sudden, BAM! The door is swung wide open and she staggers in suddenly, all like "hey guess what I took a picture of..." or "hey look at this..." hey hey hey hey hey!!!" or "hiya, biya!!" etc... by the 10th or 50th time I'm like wow, I need a lock on my door... and one that I don't end up giving to her!!!

Ohhhhhh my gosh my little brother does that to me all the time! And I have a damn lock on the door, it's just kind of ineffective because my room is also connected to the bathroom, so if I lock my door he just goes through the bathroom. Grrr...
He loves to come in and beg me to look at some video game he's playing, and his wing of the house is totally far away so it's a real pain.
And sometimes he'll just come in and stare at me. It's like "Oh my gosh, Richard, leave me the frig alone!" and then my parents yell at me. *hangs head* I really need to get an apartment, I have completely over-stayed my welcome.

JulNoWriMo 08: Listen, 76k

It\'s done, I wrote it, now I just have to type it up. -RDJ
Life is hard. After all, it kills you. -Hepburn
Rather Be Sledding
JulNo Writer

Mood: Slightly crispy with a gooey center
JulNoWriMo Title: Cubicle Commandos

[*] posted on 7-19-2008 at 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pliny
Gasp, a Yankees fan!! *heart attack* It's alright, one of my really close fans is from Jersey and therefore a Yankees fan.
And yeah, I was rooting for them before '04. Actually, in '03 my whole family was on a cruise ship during the last game, and we were all sitting around (me and my brother standing just outside) of a bar. When aaron boone hit that homer, o my gosh, I almost jumped overboard. And my dad had called it like 3 seconds before. He had said "oh, yankees'll win with a walk-off homer." I was like "no they---WRY?!?!?!"
see? look that that distraction!!!

Constant ribbing from my friends (Boston natives) and my boss (Boston native) about how well the Sox are doing or the weekends I spend up at the in-laws during what seems to be every Sox-Yankees match up. The in-laws all hate it when I run outside and cheer by myself when the Sox win, but they always like to harass me when the Yankees are ahead and act like it's the end of my world when the Sox lose. Let's take a look at the standings again... Oh yeah: still 5 games ahead of your team.

:) I remember the heart-wrenching World Series in '86, was in elementary school and after the pitiful strumming the Patriots took from Da Bears earlier in the Super Bowl ('85 or '86), it was generally just the Celtics that were prolly the best thing in Boston for quite a bit (and even the Celtics became a joke before this year)

I'll admit I'm not the biggest basketball fan, but baseball and football are really my thing. I did cheer on the local boys for both hockey (they got eliminated in the first round this year) and basketball (I only tuned in for all the play-off games)

Ah well... at least if it's the only thing my wife and I (jokingly) fight about, I think our marriage will survive ;)

JulNo08: The Dreaming Dragon (working title)
JulNo10: Really going to finish The Dreaming Dragon (still working title)
JulNo11: Cubicle Commandos
JulNo12: Unknown
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/803796/the_typewriter_song/
Pliny
Experienced JulNo'er

[*] posted on 7-19-2008 at 12:51 PM

Hahaha right now I've got a guy friend who's a TB Ray's fan, which makes sense since he's from Tampa. But oh man, we fight sooo much. We were watching the all-star game "together", via online interaction, and I was like "oh wow yay JD Drew, blah blah blah, oh, the Sox are on top again, home about that?"
and so this morning he e-mailed me specifically to be like "what was that you were saying about the Sox, second place fan?" b/c now the Rays are on top. *shakes fist at heavens*But I figure if the post-season ends up being a match up between Sox and Rays for playoffs, we could grab tickets if the game's @ TB. I live in Orlando, so it's about an 1 1/2 hr drive, so totally reasonable.
And ugkk I totally hate that you live in Mass. I wanted to go to college there (BC), but I didn't get in. I got into Holy Cross, in Worcester, but I was like "neh...Worcester?" plus I was getting a scholarship from a nice private college down here, so I ended up staying local. I prob. wouldn't have survived the winters anyway; I'm such a Floridian, when it gets below 60 I start crying and refusing to go outside. Still, Boston remains my favorite city in the whole world. ^.^

Suddenleigh
JulNo Member

Mood: sleepy
JulNoWriMo Title: An Office Plant Ate My Manager

[*] posted on 7-19-2008 at 11:00 PM

what stops my writing dead lately is my younger siblings. im living with my folks still and when i sti down to write i shut my door and let everyone know not to bother me. But it never quite works out the way i'd hope. My brother will bust in with his gameboy and ask me a million questions like im some sort of gameboy guru and my sister will come in and stand in my doorway and ask me about how my writing is going. haha. i lvoe them--but sometimes they make it impossible to focus. :rolleyes::D
Pliny
Experienced JulNo'er

[*] posted on 7-19-2008 at 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Suddenleigh
what stops my writing dead lately is my younger siblings. im living with my folks still and when i sti down to write i shut my door and let everyone know not to bother me. But it never quite works out the way i'd hope. My brother will bust in with his gameboy and ask me a million questions like im some sort of gameboy guru and my sister will come in and stand in my doorway and ask me about how my writing is going. haha. i lvoe them--but sometimes they make it impossible to focus. :rolleyes::D

cheers. *drinks to that*

amandalynn125
Experienced JulNo'er

[*] posted on 7-20-2008 at 12:15 AM

What stops my writing is when I go out to the kitchen to get another drink and my roommate decides it's time to talk about high school English classes (don't ask). I had to get two more drinks to get back to the level of buzzedness I had when I went out in the first place.

It worked, though--2,984 words tonight. :)

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]