Pages:  1  ..  3    5
Author: Subject: Who Are You???
hoarmurath
JulNo Member

Mood: blah

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-2-2008 at 10:49 AM

Silly 18-year old Estonian woman, who just finished 11th grade.

I have been doing Nano since 2003 and won every time except for 2005. First time of doing Julnowrimo. This time I am writing a fairly graphic cyberpunk with a dysfunctional romance (if one can call it a romance).

Outside writing, I love music (Kamelot is my favorite band), LARPing, hitchhiking, parties and other fun stuff. I like talking to people, so you can add me, though my time zone is very different from all the Americans, since I am GMT +2.

telephonique
JulNo Member

Mood: Empty

[*] posted on 7-2-2008 at 12:41 PM

Hello I am George,

I am a 16 year old from Reading, UK (tis a sordid place)

I like cycling, swimming, reading, writing, listening to music and going out with friends.

I am hopelessly inconsistent as I try to cope with my personality flaws

I'd like to go into medicine or writing, thats why I'm here

I've done NaNo twice and this is my first time doing JulNo

I like Cats, David Bowie, space, the smell of the rain and microwaved bread.

November 06: A Pirate Named Fred (Won)
July 07: Simon
November 07: Under Sea, Open Sky (Won)
July 08: House of Glass and Sound

Characters Killed: 12TCs and 1SC
MQubed
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-3-2008 at 12:59 AM
my bones are a-creakin'!

Well, so far, I "win" the oldie prize... 46 (where did the time go?), I contemplated NaNo last year, but burned off early. This year I'm determined to write something every day, so even if I don't win, I can at least be proud of that!

Oh, right. I'm a mom from Southern California. Today's favorite author is (drum roll, please): Patricia Wrede for her Enchanted Forest and Sleeping Ugly.
apollymi
JulNo Member

Mood: Roasting merrily away in the ATL
JulNoWriMo Title: The Big Damn Finishing Project, Part 2

Word Count: 50512 / 50000
Word Count Start100% CompleteWord Count End

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-3-2008 at 06:08 AM

Hello, everyone. I'm Katherine. I'm a 28 year old kitty mommy in Florida.

This is my second JulNo, and I've done two NaNos. So far the only one I haven't pulled 50k out of (usually at the last minute) has been the 2006 NaNo. My 2007 NaNo will be published at the end of this year.

I write best when there is music going, with my best artists for inspiration being Epica and Kamelot. Other than that, I'm pretty much the most boring person on the planet: my only other real hobby is costuming for science fiction conventions.

Best of luck to everyone!

06: NaNo - Untitled (5k)
07: JulNo - A New Age Dawns (51k) | NaNo - Amaranth (50k)
08: JulNo - Verdant (50k) | NaNo Ash (50k)
09: JulNo - Biscayne Beginnings (50k) | NaNo Fallen (50k)
10: JulNo - Betrueger (51k) | NaNo - Color of Life (51k)
11: JulNo - Last Waltz (51k) | NaNo - "Knickers fic" (23k)
12: JulNo - Belladonna, Utopia, etc (51k) | AugCampNaNo - Of Worlds to Fall (55k) | NaNo - Shadow World (51k)
13: AprCampNaNo - Tales of the Supers (51k) | JulNo - Untitled #026 (33k) | NaNo - Blood & Sacrifice (50k)
14: AprCampNaNo - BetrĂ¼ger, Crooked Way, etc (50k) | JulNo - Summer Dream, None So Blind, etc (?k)

Fanfiction site: DarkMagick.net
Author sites: Katherine Bell | Ellie Hicks
HumanoidCarbonUnit
JulNo Member

Mood: Contento

[*] posted on 7-3-2008 at 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rebeldork
Quote:
Originally posted by HumanoidCarbonUnit
I'm Sarah, I'm 17 years old, and I live in Hick-vile Michigan. This will be my first JulNo and this year will be my 3rd Nano.

Where in Michigan? I'm going to Ontanogan (sp?) later this summer, on the U.P., and my friend leaves for there in two days.

I'm down in the L.P. about an hour north of Lansing. Not very close to Ontanogan.
Pliny
Experienced JulNo'er

[*] posted on 7-4-2008 at 11:11 PM

Vincenza Antonetta Berardo is my name, remember it! Well, try. It's long, I understand if it slips your mind.
Let's see, I'll be 20 this month (Jul 21st, wooo...) and I'm a female (hence the 'a' on the end of my first name), in my 3rd year at Rollins College, majoring in Philosophy and Psychology with a Classical Studies minor. I'm planning on getting a PhD in Criminal Psychology and then working for the FBI. Yayz!
So, first JulNoWriMo, first WriMo at all, I just learned about it a day before this one started from my friend. I've written before, nothing published (besides research journals and the like). This story has been stewing for about 9 months now, so now is as good a time as any. I'd like to be published before I apply to grad school, just because that'd be cool to have on a resume, and I think grad schools will appreciate the subject matter of the book I'm working on.
Favorite authors: Ayn Rand, Ray Bradbury, Isaac Asmiov, C.S. Lewis...
Alright! Woo! Yay! Introduction!

[Edited on 7-5-2008 by Pliny]

JulNoWriMo 08: Listen, 76k

It\'s done, I wrote it, now I just have to type it up. -RDJ
Life is hard. After all, it kills you. -Hepburn
ekatlyte
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Tranus

[*] posted on 7-5-2008 at 03:33 AM

Hello, I am Ekat and 31 yo mom to six munchkins in Oklahoma. I only found out about NaNo in February and was quite disappointed to learn I had to wait another year to participate, so I was glad to find JulNo.

I started writing when I was around 15 and have written off and on over the years. I really kicked it into gear this year and am up to 480k words (since Jan) on seven different projects (one of which is a six book series) that I just started this year. For JulNo, I am working on the second book of above mentioned series. Originally it was about 35k, but I have tossed all but a couple thousand words out and am reworking the rest.

I am hoping to have my 50k completed in the first half of July because we are moving overseas and I will be unable to update my word count or do much writing while we are in transit. (6 kids on a 15 hour flight = not much work getting done)

Some of my favorite authors are R.A. Salvatore, Nicholas Sparks, Anne McAffrey, Stephen King, and I have just added Dean Koontz to my list. I enjoy a wide variety of genres and read up to three or four books a day sometimes, depending on how in depth or how much fluff they contain. (With 6 kids, one learns to do things fast or they won't get accomplished.)
SonjaFoust
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-6-2008 at 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by apollymi
My 2007 NaNo will be published at the end of this year.

CONGRATS! Details, please? :)

I'm Sonja Foust. I'm a romance author. This July I'm working on the second book in a series I'm writing for Silhouette Desire. Hopefully they'll buy it. *crossing my fingers* The first book was my NaNo 2007 novel. It's sitting on a desk somewhere in the mysterious offices of Silhouette Desire right now, probably with ketchup and coffee stains on it, and I'm sending the editors vibes to CALLLLLLL MEEEEEE and throw wads of money in my direction. ;)

snowflakie06
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-7-2008 at 02:10 AM

My name is Christine (though I go by snowflakie06 just about everywhere on the 'net) and I'm 20 years old. I 'suffer' from addictions to tv shows (ie Doctor Who) as well as movies (ie Harry Potter) and of course to the computer. This is due mostly to the fact that I don't get out of the house much because I have really bad anxiety. Writing is my way to escape that but sometimes I need something to give me a little push to write. Which is why I'm participating in JulNoWriMo. I participated in NaNoWriMo twice and 'won' both times but the second time I didn't actually complete the novel and now I think I might scrap it entirely because it was a sequel to my first NaNo novel and I kind of like it as a stand alone novel instead of a series.

What I'm working on now is part of a series that I'm planning with five or six novels, I can never remember because I keep changing the number of stories. The one I'm writing now is the second novel. The first one I worked on for two years but I think the quality of it is really bad because my writing style keeps changing and it just feels like it's all over the place. Not to mention with this novel all ready at over 11k I'm worried that the first one isn't long enough.

My favorite authors are JK Rowling and Meg Cabot. I've recently discovered the Women's Murder Club series and am trying to read the complete Chronicles of Narnia - something I've never done before.

And I think that's about it :)
FightAgainstSymmetry
JulNo Procrastinator

[*] posted on 7-7-2008 at 01:28 PM

Quote:

(ie Doctor Who)

Woo! Join the club.

\"Take a chance! Take your shoes off, dance in the rain!\"

twiggy_trippit
JulNo Writer

Mood: Yay! JulNo! :)

[*] posted on 7-8-2008 at 10:11 AM

I'm Hugo, 30, from Quebec (currently staying at my bf's place in Labrador - great place to be writing). It's my first WriMo and I'm lagging behind a bit... :-/ I speak French, and this is the language in which I'm writing.

I've worked in STI and HIV prevention with male sex workers, and I've been a video game tester and a volunteer sex educator. I'm also a wannabe game designer. I'm going to university in September in Human Relations.

I like gaming, reading, writing, biking, hanging out with my friends having a beer. I'm also queer and vegan (radical vegetarian).

Good luck all for the WriMo!
Daltanimal
JulNo Member

Mood: Need to start writing...

[*] posted on 7-9-2008 at 02:14 PM

James. I'm a Seattle native, and I live there. (For those of you who don't know where Seattle is, it's the largest city in Washington state, up in the northwestern corner of the U.S. Y'know, the one with all the really bad professional sports teams.) I'm a climber and a soccer player, the latter being my perferred sport. I like to write (obviously) and, uh...yea. I've done NaNoWriMo once and missed the mark by something like 600 words. (I know, how lame is that?) I've been to 16 countries and four continents (North America, South America, Europe and Asia) and I like Italian food. I'm also a vegitarian, or a veggie, as most of my friends call me. I have a lot of nicknames, (namely the one I used for my username) including 'Daltanimus, Daltanimese, Daltanimus Chestimarium, Del Foxio...in case you're wondering, my first name is Dalton, hence the 'Dalt' in most of the names. I tend to use my middle name though, since I like it better...so long as no one calls me Jim!!!;)

If I were a dog, I\'d be a Schnauzer
Rather Be Sledding
JulNo Writer

Mood: Slightly crispy with a gooey center
JulNoWriMo Title: Cubicle Commandos

smiley13.gif posted on 7-11-2008 at 09:55 AM
My name is

Hi, I'm a 32 year old college student/wage monkey in the Worcester area of Massachusetts. This is my first WriMo and I figured if one person close to me can do it (they happened to do it in January), that I can too.

I have been banging out the words since July 3rd, only because I have a trip to Ireland at the end of July :embarrassed: and I think I need the extra cushion just in case I cannot get on a computer to update my word count over there (and if I happen to be short, I plan on writing on some pads and transcribing them to electronic format the moment I get back).

Good luck to everyone, and see ya after 50K words.
deira
JulNo Member

Mood: Football-y

[*] posted on 7-17-2008 at 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by hoarmurath
Silly 18-year old Estonian woman, who just finished 11th grade.

Her desk mate at school, and best friend for some eight years now. It was Hoar who convinced me to try NaNo in 2005. I failed, because I wrote by hand, didn't have a plot, and simply got tired of it.

This is my first JulNo and my second attempt at reaching 50 000, which, considering I started on July 14th, is going pretty well so far.

My name is Triinu and I will be 18 in about a month.

I spend most of my time reading and worrying over the well-being of the environment, and aspire to become and environmental journalist in the future. I'm also addicted to biology, and am probably one of the only three people in my school to enjoy biology classes.

My singing isn't half bad, I can play four and a half songs on the piano, and I can make pizzas like no one else.

If anyone feels like talking, message me or something; I'm always up for a conversation. : )

[Edited on 17-7-2008 by deira]

Sometimes glass glitters more than diamonds because it has more to prove. - Terry Pratchett
misslasagna
JulNo Writer

Mood: Stoked!

[*] posted on 7-23-2008 at 03:01 PM

Howdy y'all (no I don't really talk like that), I'm Megan, 18 years old from WA, USA. I just discovered NaNo a couple of months ago, and was SOOO excited that I didn't have to wait 'til November to try this thing out. I didn't discover JulNo until July 8th so I started a bit late, but I'm super stoked to be doing it and think I might actually win this thing. w00t

I'm starting college in the fall and can't wait...I have an awesome roommate and fun classes and I'll be out of the house and it will be a blast.

megs
--------
"You DO NOT growl at the love muffin!"

http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_5776.gif
ironlord
JulNo Member

Mood: you cannot comprehend my moods!!! bwuhahahaha!!!

[*] posted on 7-26-2008 at 12:16 PM

greatings to you one and all
Im colin aged 17
i live in scotland (aka that cold place cellotaped to england)
this is my first NaNo style competition but i find it fun even though my lazy habits will leave me scribbling notes at the last minute about my story

i love sci fi, fantasy (especially heroic fantasy), all kinds of metal music and keeping in shape (despite my image)
i know i complete this task with or without the end goal of getting it published in sight (or even there) and i hope we all have alot of fun on the way because that is what this whole thing is about unless im horribly mistaken
PrincessWhizbee
JulNo Member

Mood: Stressed!

[*] posted on 7-28-2008 at 05:04 PM

I know this is late in the month to say hello, but I just found this thread today.

This is my first time doing a novel writing month, and I like it. I usually take forever to write something because I want to make sure each sentence is as good as I can make it, and then I don't finish anything. I have many unfinished stories laying around. But I want to become a published writer as at least part of my career, and this JulNoWriMo is really helpful.

I'm 29, I got my degree in English--Creative Writing a few years back, and I do website design and work as a substitute teacher to pay the bills. I have a cat and a betta fish.

I like to read young adult novels (and write them) and also a lot of non-fiction and classics. My musical tastes are eclectic, but I don't really like to listen while I write--it's too hard to find a song that fits the scene I'm working on at any given time.

JulNoWriMo \'08 - \"Thank You, Tobey Myers, for Screwing Up My Life\"

I am also a website designer - www.effective-websites.com
benzagreb
JulNo Member

Mood: Fabulous

smiley09.gif posted on 7-30-2008 at 09:37 PM

Hi. Ben Zagreb here. I am proud to say I hit the 51.131 word mark on July 23rd on my first effort at JulNoWriMo. This has been an amazing experience to say the least.

If you don't have a copy of "No Plot No Problem" by Chris Baty, get a copy. It has been my life buoy and guidepost during this whole crazy, crazy month.

My novel is a witty, funny commentary on gay life in central New Jersey. Partly from the view of two college students, one middle-age businessman, and a hustler who navigates both worlds.

My favorite book right now is Richard Ford's "Lay of the Land" - set in two of my favorite places in NJ - Princeton, and the shore (Sea Girt).
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]