Author: Subject: Who Are You???
JSBulldog89
JulNoWriMo Webmaster

Mood: Optimistic

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 5-18-2008 at 11:19 AM
Who Are You???

Introduction thread. Introduce yourself here!

(My introduction will be posted soon...)

JSBulldog89
JulNoWriMo Webmaster

[*] posted on 5-19-2008 at 06:39 PM

My name is Robert, and I am a 18yo student from central Pennsylvania. This is the 4th year that I have helped with JulNoWriMo.

In my free time, I enjoy writing, reading, traveling, and doing random things with friends. I'll be attending the Rochester Institute of Technology in the fall to major in Information Technology. I love creating web sites, so that will probably be one of my main concentrations. (I am excited!!!)

Not sure if I am going to be participating for real or not yet. I'll be quite busy in June, and will be in Atlanta, Georgia until June 30 I believe. Not too much planned for July yet... so we'll see!

Some of my favorite authors include J.K. Rowling, John Green, and Chris Crutcher.

adainunig
JulNo Member

Mood: Excited for the beginning

[*] posted on 5-19-2008 at 08:41 PM

I'm Stephanie, 22, a college student majoring in Elementary Education, and this is my third attempt at JulNoWriMo. (I failed completely last year and the year before, but I have every intention of ending my bad streak of doom.)

Some of my favorite authors include Patricia C. Wrede, C.S. Lewis, Naomi Novik, L.A. Meyer, Brian Jacques, Sherwood Smith... and many, many more.

In preparation for JulNoWriMo, I will be reading and reading and reading and reading. My reading list is quite lengthy, so it should keep me busy and build up my creative energy.

And, aye, I'm a pirate. Got a problem with that, mates?

I must down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life,
To the gull\'s way and the whale\'s way where the wind\'s like a whetted knife;
And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover
And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick\'s over.
~John Masefield, \"Sea Fever\"
Nymph
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 5-19-2008 at 09:41 PM

Nymph is as good as name as any, especially online. I'm 17 years old, I'll be 18 in August. I live in the Eastern Standard Timezone (EST). I am graduating from highshool this June and off to college afterwards.

I enjoy writing, reading, drawing and photoshop. I don't really have a favorite author, or more than one for that matter. I have a huge reading list (over 30 books) and I'll get through them eventually.

This will be my first JulNoWriMo, and so right now I'm trying to pick a project.
wendydarling_21
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 5-22-2008 at 08:51 PM

Hello!
My name is Allison. I'm 21 years old and this is my first Julno, but I'm an old hand at NaNo. I'm living in Pittsburgh at the moment but in October or January I'm hoping to move to Dallas.

My current reading list consists mostly of veterinary books and the occasional fine work of "airplane lit" in order to turn my brain off. I'm attempting to reboot in order to start writing and the process is proving difficult.
crasi
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: awake

[*] posted on 5-22-2008 at 11:14 PM

Allison, good luck on the possible move to Dallas. I grew up in the area. The traffic is a real pain; however, the weather in October is great. Heck, the mild winters of January may seem good to someone used to snow. Just remember, Texans don't know how to drive if there's ice on the ground. An overnight freezing rain(which lasts on the roads until the sun comes out) can and has closed down the city.

Christa, 29 years old, native Texan. Signed up every year, never succeeded. Currently planning and plotting like crazy in the hope of actually making the goal.

May all your plot bunnies be good ones.
Grizzly_Hamster
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 5-28-2008 at 10:48 PM

Hi everyone, I'm Anna... I am 21 and live in Houston, Texas :P Great comment about icy roads - it is true. Although in Houston we only get that for a few hours, and only on overpasses that are pretty high up, so it doesn't close down the city but everyone acts like it anyway ^^;;
Let's see... I am a grad student in cognitive psychology/neuroscience. I have too many hobbies, so I have a hard time finishing things. Hopefully this will motivate me and I can finally finish something longer than 10 chapters >.<
Right now I am getting organized so I am ready to tackle this project come July. Oh, and this is my first time entering something like this, so it's somewhat of an experiment.
Nice to meet all of you!

Just smile and move on... then you can look back at even the saddest things and smile.
MaeraLynnKoz
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: Excited!
JulNoWriMo Title: Title..unknown.

[*] posted on 5-29-2008 at 09:03 AM

My name is Maera Koz. I'm 28 and live in Johnson Creek, Wi. Moved here in Oct from Michigan thanks to bad jobs there. Still a Michigander at heart (GO RED WINGS!) and getting used to things here.

Let's see.. I have a web page that I try to keep an up to date bio on, since I never remeber everything at once XD

I love to read and have been told I read like a reader and not a writer, like that's a bad thing?

I love crafts and do way to much chrochet.

I look foreward to July when this begins and have a stockpile of coffee and nature valley oat and honey bars already.

I work part time in retail management, and unlike most do not have a car so I walk everywhere. Talk about loosing weight! 8-)

I look foreward to sharing this with all of you and feel free ti IM or e-mail or U2U me. If I'm not at work I'm online :D
pefergerry
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 5-31-2008 at 03:53 PM

*waves* My name's Sarah. I'm seventeen years old, and finishing up my senior year in high school (*faints*). This will hopefully be my third JulNoWriMo... 'Hopefully' because I'm taking Calculus in summer school (voluntarily. I must be insane) and math has a habit of eating my life. So, I have a hunch that I'm going to fail epically, but there's always hope. ...right?

Um... let's see... I'm Canadian, a highland dancer, and completely obsessed with the X-Files, Doctor Who and the Lord of the Rings. My favourite authors include Tolkien, Eric Walters, Janet McNaughton, Libba Bray and Margaret Atwood. I'm not convinced that I actually exist, which is probably a side effect from too much philosophy. In preparation for JulNo, I'm attempting to stockpile chocolate (which isn't going so well because I have no willpower).

Nice to meet you all!
obi1sgirl
The Phantom of the Forum

Mood: planning? lol what\'s that?

[*] posted on 6-2-2008 at 09:02 AM

Well hey everyone, I'm Kendall (Obi works around here). I'm 20, this is my 3rd JulNo attempt (maybe I'll win this time ;)), and I'm one of the handy moderators. I tend to hang out on the forums a lot, as you can see by my post count. >_> I just finished my third year at the University of Michigan - Dearborn, and switched my major from Environmental Studies to Communications. We'll see how that works. :D

Hey Maera, nice to see another (former) Michigander around here. Excited for tonight's game? ;)

In preparation for this year's JulNo, I plan to... plot. This will be new to me.

My favorite authors include Tamora Pierce, Eoin Colfer, and JK Rowling, and the books include Power of One (Bryce Courtenay), Life of Pi (Yann Martel), The Gunslinger (Hugh Laurie) and Between the Bridge and the River (Craig Ferugson). I also read comics, currently Robin, Blue Beetle, Detective Comics, and Ultimate Spider-Man. I listen to a lot of score and instrumental music for writing background, and I'm happy to give recommendations at request (if I'm bored enough, I'll post recommendations anyway :D).

[Edited on 6-2-2008 by obi1sgirl]

I have just met you and I love you.
MaeraLynnKoz
Experienced JulNo'er

JulNoWriMo Title: Title..unknown.

[*] posted on 6-2-2008 at 10:24 AM
Can't wait

Hey Obi.

Yeah I can't wait! They could win the cup tonight! To bad I have to work until about 9:30 and may not see most of it.

I'm also eager to start writing. it's gong to be a long month of ploting and planning, I just hope I can keep up the energy during July.

Good luck to you and everyone else too! :D
NellGwyn
JulNo Member

Mood: Filled with insomnia

[*] posted on 6-3-2008 at 05:12 AM

The name's Mandie, but you can call me Nell. I'm 20, majoring in History at the University of California Merced, and have never tried JulNoWriMo before.

I've pretty much got my story planned, now it's time for research!

My favorite authors are Jean Plaidy (Eleanor Hibbert), S.E. Hinton, Elizabeth Kostova, John Steinbeck, Tolkien, Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu, and the Marquis de Sade. I like to listen to the Murderdolls, Slayer, Mindless Self Indulgence, Horrorpops and Nekromantix while I write. I like to think it shows :)

Good luck, everyone!

[Edited on 6-3-2008 by NellGwyn]
Grizzly_Hamster
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 6-3-2008 at 06:33 PM

Nice to meet you Mandie :) It's refreshing to meet another open Marquis fan.

Just smile and move on... then you can look back at even the saddest things and smile.
D_Master_Rune
JulNo Member

Mood: Sleepy

[*] posted on 6-3-2008 at 10:08 PM

Hello, all. My name is Britt and I entered NaNo '07 for the first time last year and won. This is my first year in JulNoWriMo and I'm hoping to win it too. I'll be working on my currect project, Luna Caelum Solum, which is a fantasy novel.
I live in Ohio and love to read fantasy stories. I really don't have a reading list, I just find books that sound interesting and read them. My favorite authors are far too many to count but some of them are Tamora Pierce, Holly Black, Naomi Novik, Melissa Marr, and the list goes on and on.
It's nice to meet all of you. :D

\"In a Writer\'s Dream... Forever Fantasy.\"
Beccaa
JulNo Member

Mood: Excited

[*] posted on 6-4-2008 at 03:14 AM

Hi everyone!

I'm Beccaa, 16, and this is going to be my second year doing JulNo.
(And fingers crossed, maybe second year winning too!)

I live near Manchester in the UK, and I'm a huge drama geek (and proud!). I'm also pretty much obsessed with fantasy novels, so despite telling myself I was going to branch out this year and do something different, I'm writing about crazy magic systems and alternate realities yet again :P

Good luck to everyone! :D
FightAgainstSymmetry
JulNo Procrastinator

[*] posted on 6-4-2008 at 04:02 AM

Hello folks!!

I'm Kat, 17, live near Manchester, and only started doing JulNo because Beccaa dared me to, and now I'm doing it again. Bigger drama geek, and swap genres every other week.

Good Luck Folks!! XD

\"Take a chance! Take your shoes off, dance in the rain!\"

NellGwyn
JulNo Member

Mood: Filled with insomnia

[*] posted on 6-4-2008 at 04:28 AM

Haha, yeah... the Marquis wrote amazing stories, I don't have to like him as a person to appreciate that :D

I hide in plain sight, because I\'m afraid to be recognized in secret.
JodiLee
JulNo Writer

Mood: Freaked out just a lot ... O.o
JulNoWriMo Title: Windygates

[*] posted on 6-6-2008 at 01:12 AM

Hey everyone,

I'm Jodi - and I'm older than all of you :P Although, I admit to not being very mature most of the time.... I'll be 36 half way through JulNo.

I'm a writer and editor professionally. I'm hoping my schedule is relatively clear for July, so I can actually finish this year. ;) Between edits and baseball, I'll be crunching time.

~ JodiLee ~
- - - - - - - - - -
There truly is nothing like a woman scorned... unless she's a Goddess.
Windygates - JulNo '13
Finite Incantatem
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 6-6-2008 at 11:53 AM

Hi everyone! I'm Jules, but you could call me Fin if you want. I'm 16 and this is my first year doing JulNo. I always wanted to do NaNo, but never had the time, so I figured the summer might work better.

I love fantasy novels, underrated British sitcoms, teen TV dramas, stand up comedy, old movies and anything Broadway. My favorite book is The Phantom Tollbooth, but I also enjoy Harry Potter, The Chronicles of Narnia, Twilight, and The Golden Compass. I have a million favorite authors, and I plan to write a fanfiction for this years JulNo. Figured I start small, and work my way up to something original.

Good luck to everyone!
Uberman5000
JulNo Member

Mood: Fired up
JulNoWriMo Title: The Great Mistakes

[*] posted on 6-7-2008 at 02:52 PM

Good afternoon. My name is John, I'm a 20 year old animator from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. I participated and won in NaNoWriMo 2007 and Script Frenzy 2008, and now I'm itching for another writing event.

If it's not obvious, I'm crazy about writing. Several of my other hobbies include video games, movies, art, and of course, reading. My favourite authors include fine gents like Neil Gaiman, Douglas Adams, Joseph Heller, authors of such wit and humour. I also occasionally dabble in classical fantasy like Lord of the Rings, the Sword of Truth books, and the Myst books (an overlap of my hobby of reading and games).

Much of my writing style tends to lean towards contemporary fantasy like Adams and Gaiman, but for JulNoWriMo, I'm taking a different direction: I'm going to write a first-person biography of a fictional punk rock star, Tyler Mrauz. He's rather small and looks young for his age, so at face value, he's not taken that seriously. But he's hyperactive and full of ambition, and he wants to really blow the roof off! He's really a wolf in sheep's clothing.

THE GREAT MISTAKES
A story about wonderful accidents.
Greasy McStinky
JulNo Member

Mood: meh

[*] posted on 6-7-2008 at 06:32 PM

I'm Greasy. This is my first JulNoWriMo but I have done NaNoWriMo before. I'm pretty stoked for this. Good luck everyone!

PS- Jodi Lee rocks my socks!
purple_ink_pen
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
JulNoWriMo Title: Z-Day

[*] posted on 6-7-2008 at 07:52 PM

Howdy, gentlefolk. I've got many names, but I answer to Pip. I'm 20 years old, and this is my last civilian summer before I ship to boot this December. I like sci-fi, horror, and crime novels and shows. I like loud music, luke-warm coffee, comic books, and Asian food.

This is my first JulNo, although I've won SolNoWriMo and Screnzy before. I'm really looking forward to getting to know some of you better, and let it be known that I spend most of my time at the computer, so feel free to pop on by and chat, or have a write off, or what have you.
Evnissyn
JulNo Writer

Mood: excited cuz i know what i\'m writing about!!!

[*] posted on 6-8-2008 at 01:35 AM

Hiya peoples! Karin, age 18, first JulNo. I have done NaNoWriMo before, but only really wrote something worth braggin about in NaNo '07. Which is why I'm gonna do JulNo - gotta finish that story, or else it's gonna keep hanging over my head during NaNo '08 (which I WILL be participating in even though I'll be in college!)

Anyway, the novel I'll be writing is fantasy and convoluted and absolutely crazy. It includes far too much magic and rules-for-how-magic-is-supposed-to-work for my brain to wrap around while in school, which is why I've put it off until July. Now that school's just about over, I can start trying to understand my story again before I buckle down to start writing it ...
JSBulldog89
JulNoWriMo Webmaster

[*] posted on 6-8-2008 at 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Evnissyn
Which is why I'm gonna do JulNo - gotta finish that story, or else it's gonna keep hanging over my head during NaNo '08 (which I WILL be participating in even though I'll be in college!)

Yeah, I'll be in college this year too. I really think I can win NaNo this year, though. I have a two week vacation in November. :) (As well as a week of finals... ugh.)

JodiLee
JulNo Writer

Mood: Freaked out just a lot ... O.o
JulNoWriMo Title: Windygates

[*] posted on 6-11-2008 at 12:47 AM

Sword of Truth FTW! :D

Hiya, John... They're doing Wizard's First Rule as a tv series, supposedly to be aired in the fall. So far, there's no casting mentioned on IMDB, but..early days yet, I suppose.

Quote:
Originally posted by Uberman5000
Good afternoon. My name is John, I'm a 20 year old animator from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. I participated and won in NaNoWriMo 2007 and Script Frenzy 2008, and now I'm itching for another writing event.

If it's not obvious, I'm crazy about writing. Several of my other hobbies include video games, movies, art, and of course, reading. My favourite authors include fine gents like Neil Gaiman, Douglas Adams, Joseph Heller, authors of such wit and humour. I also occasionally dabble in classical fantasy like Lord of the Rings, the Sword of Truth books, and the Myst books (an overlap of my hobby of reading and games).

Much of my writing style tends to lean towards contemporary fantasy like Adams and Gaiman, but for JulNoWriMo, I'm taking a different direction: I'm going to write a first-person biography of a fictional punk rock star, Tyler Mrauz. He's rather small and looks young for his age, so at face value, he's not taken that seriously. But he's hyperactive and full of ambition, and he wants to really blow the roof off! He's really a wolf in sheep's clothing.

~ JodiLee ~
- - - - - - - - - -
There truly is nothing like a woman scorned... unless she's a Goddess.
Windygates - JulNo '13
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]