Author: Subject: Taking Down the Stars
NumberNegative
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Taking Down the Stars

Word Count: 3011 / 50000
Word Count Start6% Complete94% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-9-2014 at 01:11 PM
Taking Down the Stars

It's my first time ever trying something like this. cheyenne.r.trumbo dragged me kicking and screaming into this so I'm interested to see what happens. Taking Down the Stars is the title we both chose.

I haven't exactly decided what genre I'm writing. It's not necessarily post-apocalyptic but I suppose it fits best.

Here's a real-time Google docs link to what I have written. I'm not really all that fast at writing but bear with me. (I suggest selecting the 'viewing' option in the top right corner since I have people making syntax suggestions. Feel free to make your own if you want. I admit my writing is crude.)

I don't have a for-sure plot yet but I've got several ideas I'm pondering. If you have any questions, critiques, or comments I welcome them.

[Edited on 7-10-2014 by NumberNegative]

Redditor? Check out /r/IAmAFiction
HeraldMage
JulNo Writer

Mood: Chpper
JulNoWriMo Title: Rusted Heat

Word Count: 2208 / 50000
Word Count Start4% Complete96% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-10-2014 at 12:00 AM

First of all, welcome to JulNo and I hope you meet your goals :)

I have to say, you're brave to do real time :p I change my mind so often on the flow of a story, I'd probably just annoy people! From what I read, it sounds really good; I like where it's heading (I'm a sucker for secret meetings, really raises the suspense).

Good luck/best wishes on the rest!
NumberNegative
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-10-2014 at 03:56 PM

Thanks, To be completely honest I don't really have any goals. I'm too slow of a writer to hope to reach 50,000 words by the end of the month. Plus I tend to only write when I have ideas.

marielaurent2221
JulNo Royalty

Mood: Excited
JulNoWriMo Title: a time for love

Word Count: 10013 / 50000
Word Count Start20% Complete80% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-12-2014 at 05:15 AM

I wish you good luck on meeting your goals. :)

"Why am i the only one out of this group who thinks she is nuts." - Unknown character in new novel.

"Alpha there is problems heading up north we need to check out and find out what it is." - Liam from Alpha Alliance

"Master do you need anything else i can get you or do you want me to leave you right now." Peter from Blood Bond

"Eric seems to be interested in me. I hope i can get to know him better. And not have my heart broken again." - Bella Swan from A Viking and his Shield
NumberNegative
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-20-2014 at 12:35 PM

Today's the 45 anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing. That has nothing to do with my story, I just figured I'd mention it. Anyway, I figure I'll post a progress report since I haven't since... well, I haven't.

As I've mentioned before: I'm a slow writer, so I know I'm not going to make 50,000 words. But I'm actually starting to form a plot that the few people who have read what I have are taking interest in. I like it enough that I may finish it at some point.

Of course, as-is there are a few scenes I'm not a huge fan of right now (particularly the last two at time of writing this) and I'll smooth them out at one point or another but I'd like to have a rough draft before worrying too much about it.

I'm actually writing a little out of my normal writing style but so far I think it's working well. I've always had a bad habit of over-explaining concepts during narrative but this time I'm letting the characters tell the story, if for no other reason than to leave a level of mystery as to what is truly going on.

Finally, I always like to have a song in mind that I feel fits the theme of whatever I'm writing. For this piece I like Lorde's cover of Everybody Wants to Rule the World and I Don't Wanna be Here Anymore by Rise Against.

Anywho, that's an update. Cheers.

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]