jul_sea24
JulNo Member

Mood: I'm writing, be right back.
JulNoWriMo Title: Untitled Yet

Word Count: 28304 / 50000
Word Count Start57% Complete43% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-1-2014 at 01:18 PM
Jul's Progress

Hey guys! I'll be (hopefully) working on 2 different projects.
In January I unfortunately lost my long-time project that I started last JulNo...so I'm going to do that project and make it better (I feel that even though I lost this work on my laptop when it broke, I might as well make the plots much more interesting and much better). My other project, well, I'm still brainstorming. We shall see how that goes.

With this, I hope to put in short pieces that come from my projects, but we shall see. I may post not every day, but hopefully I'll be on top of my game (I was last year, wrote 71k I think).

Wish me luck!
jul_sea24
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-1-2014 at 09:15 PM

I'm currently 2229 words in. My daily goal is to write between 2-3k each night, though we shall see how that goes. I worked on my 2013 JulNo Project and a newer project that I just started.

Short piece from my newer project. This is the first chapter with the character somewhat talking about her life as a child.
Anyhow, here's a paragraph of it:
"Things at home were happening fast, and sometimes when I was close to going to bed, I only wished that they would slow down just for a little bit. I prayed that the following day would go by slower, so that I can appreciate the time that passed. The dream never was fulfilled, as any person would have known: time will always speed up and people will always take it for granted. That is not to mention that I do not take time for granted, I do, but I am learning otherwise."

Enjoy your night and happy writing!
;) XD :D :)
jul_sea24
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-4-2014 at 09:34 PM

Today I wrote nearly 2.5k. I wasn't able to write on the 2nd and 3rd due to work and traveling home for the weekend (happy 4th guys!) but I caught up to yesterday's word limit. I hope to catch up to at least half way of today, so that tomorrow I can get very much ahead.

Fantasy story: this is the older story which I'm rewriting due to me being an idiot and not backing it up. I wrote a chapter about how one of my characters is looking for his prophecy. Elves in this region believe that everyone is supposed to fulfill a prophecy, but before they have to find what prophecy is written down for them to fulfill. The prince of the elven culture is looking for a prophecy, and this chapter explains some of those traditions behind looking for prophecies. It also explains the prophecy that the prince has to fulfill. Here is an excerpt of the chapter:

Quote:

In the elven world, Layevaria, the capital city holds a palace and several expensive buildings that were made out of trees and vines, among other natural objects...The greatest secret of the elves is that every individual had a small prophecy to fulfill, with the prince of the elven culture having to fulfill the greatest and most important prophecy.

Realistic story: I finished the 2nd chapter of this novel, which I think may be a novella (not sure yet). This chapter describes the tragedy that strikes the main character. I hope to also start the 3rd chapter - but we shall see. I am definitely not done for the night, feel very pumped up with this story right now. Here is a quote:

Quote:

I soon realized that I can move my hands and not my legs. I moved my hands so that I can see them. I saw that they were red from blood. I wondered, could I move my fingers? So I tried, and I could move my fingers. I felt such a relief, I could at least move my upper body. I couldn’t move my upper arms, it hurt a lot to do so, but I only focused on moving my fingers, imagining that I was playing my piano, which I loved to do back at home. While I was moving my fingers, I imagined the sounds that came with the movement, as if I was playing Beethoven’s Fur Elise.

Well, have a fun time writing tonight!
Tatra
JulNo Writer

Mood: Shiny
JulNoWriMo Title: Prescott Dormitory

Word Count: 102201 / 50000
Word Count Start100% CompleteWord Count End

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-7-2014 at 10:41 PM

Awesome job!! :D Both of your stories sound cool!

Zombie Writers United

Julno 14: Prescott Dormitory - when the dead show up for class the King will slowly topple.
jul_sea24
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-10-2014 at 02:03 PM

Thanks Tatra! I'll post more tonight! I was very focused on writing and seeing what I can do to make the plot stronger....plus 10 hour work shifts take up a lot of time...so...I will post more tonight! :(
jul_sea24
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-11-2014 at 12:20 AM

Hey guys! I got ahead finally and will definitely continue on working on both my stories. I fell back on working on my fantasy story as I finally figured out the plot of my realistic story, but will hopefully catch up on it tomorrow!

Realistic Story: I got up to the point where the main character, Ashley, is in the hospital due to the tragedy that she faces. She realizes that she is all alone and despite people trying to help her, she faces reality on her own. Below is a quote on her talking with someone about her feelings about what she feels.

Quote:

“It means that I have no one but everyone. It means that I am on my own but I am not the only one that faces a tragedy like this. It means that I have nowhere to go to because everywhere I do ends up pointless,” I respond.
“Where do you go?” Melody asked.
“I go to my dreams, and only face nightmares. I go to my thoughts, but I only hear sounds of those that died in the bombing. I want to go outside, but I only will face humility and shame when I do,” I respond after thinking for a minute.

Fantasy Story: Today I introduced another character named Oliver. His character is the detective in the realistic component of the novel. Basically the chapter describes his family dynamics. This quote below describes his love for his younger daughter, Yasmine.

Quote:

The child was Yasmine. She was the youngest daughter, and their only daughter. Her elder brothers, twins, were more aggressive and she was a bit shyer than the other children. The four year old still sucked on her thumb, and when she opened the door she had a thumb in her mouth.
“Hey Yasmine! Come here!” Oliver called excitedly.
Yasmine walked to them and climbed the bed using the covers as a way to push her up. She walked up to her father as she was a typical daddy’s girl, and hugged him happily.

Hope you enjoyed the excerpts! Enjoy writing, and I will update more either tomorrow (Friday, even though it is already Friday) or Saturday. :) :D
marielaurent2221
JulNo Royalty

Mood: Excited
JulNoWriMo Title: a time for love

Word Count: 10013 / 50000
Word Count Start20% Complete80% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-11-2014 at 07:14 AM

Keep going you can do it.

"Why am i the only one out of this group who thinks she is nuts." - Unknown character in new novel.

"Alpha there is problems heading up north we need to check out and find out what it is." - Liam from Alpha Alliance

"Master do you need anything else i can get you or do you want me to leave you right now." Peter from Blood Bond

"Eric seems to be interested in me. I hope i can get to know him better. And not have my heart broken again." - Bella Swan from A Viking and his Shield
jul_sea24
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-13-2014 at 12:25 AM

I got to the place in terms of word count that I wanted! Hopefully will do 2-4k tomorrow, time permitting (going whale watching tomorrow and then grocery shopping, and then have to clean, so we shall see).

I really hoped that I could write more in terms of my plot, but I have to wake up tomorrow at 6am so I really should go to bed. Thus, I will leave off in my story at a good place, where I am now, and will add on tomorrow. I left off at a good point in my fantasy story, so am really happy with that. I'm slowly filling out some potholes in my fantasy story that I had, though everything is in my head and not really written down on paper - but that's better than nothing, and anyhow things may change! I reckon that my fantasy story will actually become series and not a single book, but we shall see. Now, for some quotes!

Realistic Story: today I did not write that much in this story - I was more focused on the other one, hehe, as I needed to catch up on that one. Tomorrow hopefully I will get back to doing things fairly and evenly, time permitting. Thus the quote will be VERY short.

Quote:

“Yeah, I guess. Let me go with it, okay? I bet that these moments will be few in my life, and I want to enjoy them,” I answered.
“Good. Maybe you can eat then. I wonder what’s on the menu,” Monica said excitedly.
“I’m not hungry yet,” I responded.
“Yeah? What’s that stomach grumbling sound I hear?” Amber asked.
“I’M NOT HUNGRY,” I yelled at them, but little did I realize that it was louder than I thought. “Oops,” I said, looking out of my window.
“Okay, okay, we get it. Moody, aren’t we?” Monica said.
“I did not mean to yell guys, sorry,” I said, staring at a doctor that was looking at me, though was intending it for Monica.
“We know,” Monica and Amber answered in unison.
“I know you know,” I answered quietly, turning around.

Keep in mind that Monica and Amber are her voices in her head - I'm trying to see if I can write a story on psychiatric disorders or something like that, and my MC hears voices...yet also trying to do magic realism so we shall see...

Fantasy Story: I got a lot done on this story, a bit over 4k on this one :) YIPPEE. This fantasy story has two worlds which parallel each other, and I really like the fantasy bit more than the realistic portion of it but that depends on my a) mood, and b) day. Today I worked on both realistic and fantasy, so yay! I still need to do some research on the realistic bit, but that will come when I'm done with this novel and go to the editing, whenever I'm done with it (I do not know where it ends yet, my head is fighting in terms of what scene). Anyhow, here is a quote! This one is from the realistic portion, and is from one of my MC's named Ms. Nancy. She is one of my more mysterious MC's, but I shall learn more about her as I develop the novel.

Quote:

Because of Ms. Nancy’s popularity among the library patrons and several librarians and volunteers, she was promoted to being head of the library a few months before, when the previous director has retired. The queen has come to acknowledge this great promotion, as it was thought to be a decision that would help improve the system of the library for a long time afterwards Ms. Nancy was going to retire. The queen gave a speech about the roles of the library and the roles that Ms. Nancy committed to before receiving this grand position. All in all, many believed that the position was very deserving of this great librarian, and thus for that, Ms. Nancy felt grateful for the amazing opportunity that was begotten to her.
Daily tasks for Ms. Nancy was to make sure that the library was organized properly and clean. She believed that the interior beauty promoted people going into the library and thus reading, as she always loved the building. The interior also was shaped like a twentieth-century church and for that, the bookshelves had to be organized according to what the building suggested. None of the church was destroyed in the process of the making of the library, the initial architect, Mrs. Joan Mary Bosser, has commanded. For that, Ms. Nancy believed that she was a hero because despite the building’s old age, it could still create a fascination among anyone that came into the building. Fascination, according to Ms. Nancy, was the spur of the learning and thus, to read.
In any case, Ms. Nancy had other roles as the director of the library. For one, she still partook in educating the younger generation, mostly in reading and finding books in such a large library. It was a difficult job, as in modern days, many kids were more fascinated with the technology that was made and playing with the games on a screen rather than actually reading books. But, Ms. Nancy made it her job and duty to educate the kids, especially first graders, how to read and write and enjoy doing that. Even though it was only the beginning of the school year, she made sure that going to the library was a fun experience, not a very boring, “let’s get a book” experience. One way for her doing that was setting up a buddy system with an older child to a younger one, and having a scavenger hunt to find all the main points within the library. That way, the children could run and get exercise, get a certain motivation because when they finished the scavenger hunt they could get something, and finally hone their skills in reading and finding books in such an immense collection of books.
Ms. Nancy developed this idea, though she believed that it was not a new one but rather an old one that was long forgotten. This was not the only secret, but she never showed out her other secrets – as they would never be a secret if she did. Ms. Nancy walked into her library expecting a totally normal day where she would do some paperwork in the morning, to finish with the bad ugly stuff and go on to the fun exciting things that is involved with taking care of the library. Ms. Nancy could not wait to introduce herself to the new batch of first graders that were coming to the library from the Wayland Elementary School. She loved it when she got to meet new kids that were going to be introduced to the world of reading and writing. She also loved treating these kids with exciting activities that she had in store.

Anyhow, hopefully you enjoyed my quotes! I'll write soon!
Melange
JulNo Royalty

JulNoWriMo Title: Shukugawa Monogatari

Word Count: 50414 / 50000
Word Count Start100% CompleteWord Count End

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-13-2014 at 04:10 AM

Your excerpts are so interesting! I've been reading them for a while, although I have to say I'm more interested in the realistic story. Magical realism is a great genre~ and I love reading about mental problems. x)

You're doing great! Keep going!

[Edited on 7-13-2014 by Melange]

Always keep the faith.
marielaurent2221
JulNo Royalty

Mood: Excited
JulNoWriMo Title: a time for love

Word Count: 10013 / 50000
Word Count Start20% Complete80% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-13-2014 at 11:11 AM

Keep going you can do it. :)

"Why am i the only one out of this group who thinks she is nuts." - Unknown character in new novel.

"Alpha there is problems heading up north we need to check out and find out what it is." - Liam from Alpha Alliance

"Master do you need anything else i can get you or do you want me to leave you right now." Peter from Blood Bond

"Eric seems to be interested in me. I hope i can get to know him better. And not have my heart broken again." - Bella Swan from A Viking and his Shield

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]