Author: Subject: Fragmented Thoughts
Kwills
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Fragments

Word Count: 5000 / 50000
Word Count Start10% Complete90% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-1-2014 at 04:37 AM
Fragmented Thoughts

Hi. I'm Kwills, and this JulNoWriMo I'll be making a start on "Fragments", a novel that I hope to serialise on my blog starting next year.

The idea came from a forum RPG, and some of the characters were created by other people (used with permission). The story is mine, although it uses some of the ideas that I contributed to the game. The basic premise is a band of disparate outlaws must overcome ancient conflicts in order to overthrow the invading ruling class, and reclaim their homelands. I've decided to tell it as a series of overlapping stories, each focused on one or two characters. Their interactions will be shown from different points of view, and each story will (in theory) form part of the overarching plot.

Daily goals for the first half of July:
1,500 words, and
2 hours editing (of previous novel - an overdue task!)

Once the edit is complete, my goal will be simply 2,500 words a day. So far I'm doing OK with 1,500 words written before noon, and the afternoon free for editing. It will be nice to get ahead for the start of the month.
Kwills
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-2-2014 at 04:14 PM

Started by telling the villain's story. She's fun to write, although it's disturbingly easy to get into her head. I've got the next scene ready to write, and that will get me past my 3k target for the first two days of July. So, good news there, but I have fallen behind on the editing. Tomorrow is pretty busy, but I hope to be caught up by the weekend.
Kwills
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-4-2014 at 03:31 PM

Nearly caught up on my editing schedule. Spent today polishing up the first three chapters, and checking over the synopsis. I should be able to fix the remaining eights chapters over the next two days, then it's pure camp nano writing. If I can clear 2k every day I'll still make it to 50k, despite the slow start.

I'mWell, I say pure camp Nano... in between drafting "Fragments" I'm also fixing up my blog, and preparing my entries for the anthology that my local writers' group produces every year. I ought to write something for my "feature" page on their website, too. You know, when I get a minute. So far, I have resisted the temptation to check out 50/90. Let's see how long that lasts...
Tatra
JulNo Writer

Mood: Shiny
JulNoWriMo Title: Prescott Dormitory

Word Count: 102201 / 50000
Word Count Start100% CompleteWord Count End

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-7-2014 at 10:33 PM

Sounds like you have awesome plans this month! :D And your novel plot sounds like fun!

Zombie Writers United

Julno 14: Prescott Dormitory - when the dead show up for class the King will slowly topple.

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]