JulNo Writer

Mood: Shiny
JulNoWriMo Title: Prescott Dormitory

Word Count: 102201 / 50000
Word Count Start100% CompleteWord Count End

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 6-29-2014 at 09:21 PM
An Empty Grave

Hi, I'm Tatra! And this is my prog thread for Julno! I'm working on several projects in July, but my focus is my zombie novel: Prescott Dormitory.

Prescott's about a teen who is accidentally killed and turned into a zombie and is now out for revenge.

The Cinderella Home is the other novel I'm going to be working on and that's about a foster kid who finally accepts his new home.

And then I will be working on two other projects (hopefully finishing them, but if not furthering them). One is a second draft of a novel, Bewilder, and then the other is a handwritten novel. XD

Zombie Writers United

Julno 14: Prescott Dormitory - when the dead show up for class the King will slowly topple.
Crescent Lizzy
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Title: Zombie Snow White / MoD / Desiring an Umbrella

Word Count: 30012 / 50000
Word Count Start60% Complete40% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 6-30-2014 at 02:39 PM

Go Tatra! :) I'm looking forward to hearing about Prescott, if not out and out seeing little snippets. :)

Projects for JulNo 2014
Zombie Snow White (for lack of better title)
Mystery of the Dark, draft eleventy million
Desiring an Umbrella
Tatra
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-2-2014 at 02:04 PM

Forgot to update this last night. I wrote 7036 words in Prescott. Not the 10k I was hoping for, but still pretty awesome.

The novel's off to a great start, though the beginning is a bit laggy in some parts. But Luis Herrero, not a good person at all, but my protagonist arrived at school, picked out a new target to toy with, and made the beginning moves. Somehow this is threatening to become some sort of twisted romance, but I'm letting it go where it wants.

Zombie Writers United

Julno 14: Prescott Dormitory - when the dead show up for class the King will slowly topple.
Tatra
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-4-2014 at 11:12 PM

Okay, so, I've been bad about updating. But, Luis made friends with Taylor only he shoved Taylor and accidentally killed him. Now he's panicking and trying to figure out what to do with the body.

I've stopped kind of following my outline, which is how I've suddenly jumped forward a chapter's content. But, I'll find something to bridge the gap somehow. :D

Zombie Writers United

Tatra
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-5-2014 at 11:13 PM

And now Taylor is buried and I have to figure out what on earth I'm writing for the rest of chapter nine and then what happens in chapter 10... At this rate, I'm gonna wind up questioning what to write in chapter 11.

Zombie Writers United

Tatra
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-6-2014 at 11:14 PM

10K day! :D I wrote the last 5K in an hour and 15 minutes give or take. Chapter 11 ended up being a very mental chapter, which meant that it's allowed to be a bit more rambley. I'll tighten it up later. But, because I just had 3K left and less than an hour, I skipped over the fun bit of Luis discovering Taylor in class to write a 3K interlude in Taylor's POV. That has no bearing on chapters, though, so I'm aiming for 93K in this story now. :D

Zombie Writers United

Tatra
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-7-2014 at 11:08 PM

Today was an ADD day. Hyperactivity was high and focus was hard to find. Still, managed 3.6K in Prescott. And here, have an excerpt!!

To set the scene, Luis was very shocked when he went to the one class that he shares with Taylor and found him attending class like normal. He wonders if he is crazy, but he's not the only one who sees Taylor, but he is the only one who knows that Taylor is supposed to be dead.

Taylor disappears after class, but Luis manages to track him down and here we go:

Quote:
He didn’t want to meet Taylor and see his accusing eyes, but he also wanted answers. The need for answers forced his feet to move once more. The classroom loomed overhead, just like in a nightmare. Finally, he reached the entrance and looked in.

Taylor waited for him in the same chair that he always sat in. His legs were crossed and his fingers were laced together. “So, you did have enough nerve to show up here at the scene of the crime.”

“It was an accident,” Luis said. The scene of the crime, that meant that the event yesterday really did happen. He really had killed Taylor and disposed of the body. But, why was he sitting there in front of them. “What happened to you? How are you here?”

“Accident or not, what you did was wrong,” Taylor said. He was back to being closed off, like he had been when Luis had first started focusing on him. Back then, he had only tolerated Luis’s presence and gave off the impression that he didn’t want to be there. But now he seemed to actively dislike Luis. Then again, if Luis had been killed, he doubted that he would feel very charitable to the person who killed him.

“That doesn’t answer my question,” he said. He stepped forward, curiosity giving him the strength to approach Taylor. “How on earth are you here? How can you talk when you’re supposed to be dead?”

“Were you upset that it happened?” Taylor asked. His eyes were so cold, but Luis focused on the life that was in them. Taylor’s blank eyes were painted on the back of his own eyelids every time he closed his eyes. It was utterly impossible, but he preferred the cold life to the blankness of death.

“It was an accident,” Luis repeated, stressing the words.

“That doesn’t answer my question,” Taylor repeated. “Did you regret it?”

“Would that change anything at all?” Luis asked. He could say the pretty words if Taylor wanted, but at the moment he wasn’t sure what was real anymore and he didn’t know how he felt about the whole thing.

Taylor snorted. “You’d probably just be upset at the consequences of your actions.”

Zombie Writers United

Tatra
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-10-2014 at 11:06 PM

Somehow this happened:

Quote:
“Something called me here. You’ve been acting strange ever since these emails came out. I thought that you needed a hug,” Jeffrey said.

Luis raised his eyebrow. Where on earth had that conclusion come from. “Hell no.”

“Hell yes,” Jeffrey said. He rolled over and pushed himself up, swaying from side to side and only keeping himself from falling over by clutching onto the ladder for the bunkbeds. Luis watched in horror as Jeffrey started hauling himself up the ladder.

“No, no, and hell no.” Luis tried to keep Jeffrey away by pushing him back down, but Jeffrey was also one of the more heavy built guys and he was surprisingly strong for being drunk and an alcoholic. “Stay away from me.”

Jeffrey slurred something and Luis jerked back from the overpowering scent of alcohol. What did Jeffrey do, drink the whole bar? In that instant, Jeffrey took advantage and flopped down onto Luis’s bed, covering him like an octopus.

Luis grunted, once again trying to push Jeffrey off. “You stink, you’re too heavy, I don’t do guys, and I don’t think the bunk can hold up to both of us. So get off of me already.”

Jeffrey muttered something and then let out a snore. Luis didn’t believe it for a moment, but there wasn’t anything that he could do to Jeffrey without hurting him.

I have no idea what's up with that. :confused:

Zombie Writers United

marielaurent2221
JulNo Royalty

Mood: Excited
JulNoWriMo Title: a time for love

Word Count: 10013 / 50000
Word Count Start20% Complete80% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-11-2014 at 07:15 AM

Keep going tatra you can do it.

"Why am i the only one out of this group who thinks she is nuts." - Unknown character in new novel.

"Alpha there is problems heading up north we need to check out and find out what it is." - Liam from Alpha Alliance

"Master do you need anything else i can get you or do you want me to leave you right now." Peter from Blood Bond

"Eric seems to be interested in me. I hope i can get to know him better. And not have my heart broken again." - Bella Swan from A Viking and his Shield
Tatra
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-12-2014 at 11:10 PM

Thanks Marie!!

In other news, I won Julno!! XD Now to finish the novel! :D

Zombie Writers United

HeraldMage
JulNo Writer

Mood: Chpper
JulNoWriMo Title: Rusted Heat

Word Count: 2208 / 50000
Word Count Start4% Complete96% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-12-2014 at 11:25 PM

Gratz =)
marielaurent2221
JulNo Royalty

Mood: Excited
JulNoWriMo Title: a time for love

Word Count: 10013 / 50000
Word Count Start20% Complete80% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-13-2014 at 11:13 AM

Congrats tatra. Great job. I wish you good luck on finishing your novel. :)

"Why am i the only one out of this group who thinks she is nuts." - Unknown character in new novel.

"Alpha there is problems heading up north we need to check out and find out what it is." - Liam from Alpha Alliance

"Master do you need anything else i can get you or do you want me to leave you right now." Peter from Blood Bond

"Eric seems to be interested in me. I hope i can get to know him better. And not have my heart broken again." - Bella Swan from A Viking and his Shield
Tatra
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-26-2014 at 10:42 PM

Been ignoring this thread, sorry about that. But I have finished my novel! Prescott ended at 91K :D

Now I'm starting a second novel, Cinderella Home, an MG about a boy finding the perfect home.

Zombie Writers United

Melange
JulNo Royalty

JulNoWriMo Title: Shukugawa Monogatari

Word Count: 50414 / 50000

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-27-2014 at 01:41 PM

Congrats! :D Your WC is impressive. The second novel sounds interesting too.

Always keep the faith.

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]