JulNoWriMo Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
  Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: If you're a reddit users here's some subs you may want to check out.
NumberNegative
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Taking Down the Stars

Word Count: 3011 / 50000
Word Count Start6% Complete94% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 6-6-2014 at 07:48 PM
If you're a reddit users here's some subs you may want to check out.

A while ago we created a neat little subreddit called /r/IAMAFiction, where writers (or anyone really) could post imaginary characters and other users would ask questions, AMA style. It was more focused on developing cool and deep characters than role playing, and it is by no means a tutorial character creator.

The subreddit has now grown to over a flourishing 5,000 users, and more importantly it has spawned a handful of sister subs to network the diverse needs and capabilities of its community.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Fictiverse! *slightly generic fanfare*

* /r/IAMAFiction - The one that started it all. In addition to the creative and intriguing character concepts and challenging, thought-provoking questions, /r/IAMAFiction also has weekly discussions, ICDs (inter-character dialogue, essentially a themed open house) and contests to help get the creative juices flowing.

* /r/FictionBrawl - Characters posted here are challenged by other characters who then engage by the edge of a blade, the sight of a blaster or the lip of a spell -- or all three. No stats, no hit-points or dice, just pure, freeform collaborative fighting, clever tactics and cleverer one-liners. This sub also hosts tournaments.

* /r/ExploreFiction - Set the scene! Nay, the stage! No, not even that, the city, the planet! This subreddit is dedicated to worldbuilding through exploration. Writers here post locations from their stories, and the other users interject characters they use to wander the world, investigating all the nooks, crannies, beautiful secrets and fascinating locals.

* /r/HardcoreFiction - Welcome to the workshop. After getting your feet wet in the sister subs, here you will be drowned. This sub is for the brutal and effective critique of the submitted scenes -- no mercy, no weakness. There is no pretense of a fictional character here, only the truth that is the quality of your wiring. Post, and be judged, and improve.

* /r/AskFictizens - If you're familiar with /r/askreddit this sub has the same concept. Users post a question and other users can answer as their characters.

These subs are fun places to hang, but I can personally testify that, having been there from the beginning, and having watched them evolve, these subreddits are excellent resources for writers of any kind. My own works have been greatly improved by these folks, and I despair to think of anyone who could gain from them but does not, simply because they didn't know we existed.

I would recommend that you read around each sub a bit (especially the rules and sidebar) before posting.

Enjoy!
PoppyWest
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: World Eater

Word Count: 4876 / 50000
Word Count Start10% Complete90% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-3-2014 at 01:53 PM

I actually only stalked reddit until right now. Holy cats, these sound awesome! I'm totally going to check every one of these out. Thanks for sharing!

World Eater's in a competition, so please read and rate. I will love you forever <3 : World Eater

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]