Super Moderator

Mood: Ain't Lonely

Word Count: 50021 / 50000
Word Count Start100% CompleteWord Count End

JulNoWriMo Winner!

smiley01.gif posted on 4-18-2014 at 06:47 AM
Procrastination Black Hole 2014

Hey, what's up!?

Welcome to the Teen Lounge's chat thread, better known as Procrastination Black Hole. Here you can talk about your novels, complain about schoolwork and family, fanboy/girl to your hearts content, and get to know your fellow JulNo'ers.

Have fun and happy writing! :)

~ ♥ ~
Babbling Brooke
JulNo Royalty

Mood: Optimistic
JulNoWriMo Title: In Your Blood

Word Count: 1923 / 50000
Word Count Start4% Complete96% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 4-20-2014 at 02:19 AM

Hello! How is everyone?

For those who don't know, I'm Brooke. This will be my fourth year participating in JulNo. I generally write fantasy, because life is always better when you can turn someone into a newt. I've yet to actually finish a novel, but there's a first for everything.

I have no clue what I'm writing yet. I feel like college has killed my will to write. I still have ideas, but I haven't written a single thing since last August. Let's hope this writer's block goes away as summer comes.

~ Tumblr ~
Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy. - F. Scott Fitzgerald
Aurora517
Experienced JulNo'er

Word Count: 50762 / 50000

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 4-30-2014 at 12:53 AM

Hey, nice to meet you Brooke. I'm Aurora and this will be my second year participating Julno (although my first was a few years ago). I'm 18 and live in New Zealand, and currently am having a gap year. I mainly write fantasy. I don't know what I'm writing for Julno yet, however I do around have my main character planned out.
Imperatrix Xoco
JulNo Royalty

Mood: ecstatic and insatiate

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 5-17-2014 at 03:12 AM

Hi again, Brooke! I feel you about college. :/ It hasn't totally killed my writing, but the past couple of months have brought me to a total halt on both my WIPs.

Nice to meet you, Aurora! :D I have no clue what I'm doing for JulNo either...

EDIT: Er, I should introduce myself, shouldn't I? I'm Taylor. I'm 19 and this is my sixth (maybe seventh?) year of JulNo. Last year I fell just a bit short of my 100k goal because I resolved the novel around at around 85k a couple days early and didn't feel like forcing another 15k out of myself. :P

There's not much else to tell about me, I'm afraid. Outside of writing, I'm hugely enthused about reading, philosophy, dead languages, and vintage dresses.

[Edited on 5-17-2014 by Imperatrix Xoco]

Melange
JulNo Royalty

JulNoWriMo Title: Shukugawa Monogatari

Word Count: 50414 / 50000

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 5-17-2014 at 05:11 PM

Hey, it's nice to see you're back, Taylor! And so early!

I just wanted to ask how you're doing in college. Is it fun? In case you don't know, that should be the time where you procrastinate from studying by getting drunk, embarrassing yourself and doing silly things. Then you return to writing to incorporate those experiences into your novels.
XD

[Edited on 5-17-2014 by Melange]
Babbling Brooke
JulNo Royalty

[*] posted on 5-18-2014 at 05:02 PM

Hey, Impy! It's nice to see you again.

I got drunk once. I hated it. I mean, it was fun for a moment, until everything decided to come back. I feel like I have more fun sober. Yes, I'm a stick in the mud.

College is fun! I've made new friends and all that good stuff. I love the freedom that comes with being in college. Having to be a self-motivator was a struggle, and it showed in my grades. Oh well, better luck next year.

I have a bit better of an idea as to what I'm writing about. I want to set a portal fantasy (think Narnia, or possibly Alice in Wonderland) in a college setting. I'm also going to make a girl MC who's really girly but still an accomplished fighter.

[Edited on 5-18-2014 by Babbling Brooke]

~ Tumblr ~
Imperatrix Xoco
JulNo Royalty

Mood: ecstatic and insatiate

[*] posted on 5-21-2014 at 02:26 AM

I haven't been drunk yet! I've been buzzed, but not properly drunk. The drinking age here is twenty-one, so it's a little harder to engage in those sort of thing recreationally. :P I am going to rectify that this summer, though, under the guise of being a writer collecting experiences and not a kid who just likes wine a lot.

Mel: I know! I'm usually wandering in late as heck. x) I guess I decided to attempt to get my act together early this year.

College for me is going excellently. I just finished up my first year last week, and I'm off for the whole summer. It's a bit bizarre, but I'm good with it.

Brooke: I love the college freedom too. It's so odd being at home again, just because I can't wander out somewhere at one AM without disturbing my parents/having to drive/needing real pants because I don't live on campus anymore what.

Your idea sounds cool. I really like how you're planning to have a character who's both feminine AND a badass. People always act like those are independent functions, and they're totally not.
Melange
JulNo Royalty

JulNoWriMo Title: Shukugawa Monogatari

Word Count: 50414 / 50000

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 5-21-2014 at 04:14 AM

Collecting experiences is an excellent excuse. The advantage of hanging out with people who get wasted regularly is you hear a lot of silly and hilarious stories. I totally recommend it! Although I'm not sure where the line lies between tipsy and properly drunk. I tend to stop when I can't walk straight anymore...

Well, let's see if your early return amounts to anything! :P

*sneaks out of the teens thread*
Babbling Brooke
JulNo Royalty

[*] posted on 5-25-2014 at 10:00 PM

I was scrolling through this and I saw that someone was online. I got excited, then realized it was me. *faceplam*

What's everyone writing this year? Have you started planning?

I'm probably gonna work on a college portal fantasy. I know the general direction it's going in. June will be spent planning out as much as I can.

~ Tumblr ~
Arianwen_Skyfeather
JulNo Royalty

Mood: Mostly dead
JulNoWriMo Title: Senachae Awakens

Word Count: 51031 / 50000

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 5-28-2014 at 05:28 PM

Hello everyone! It's so good to see everyone back (because I'm that weird kid who hangs around all winter to see if anyone will stop by, but then school killed me just when Tina started the thread again).

So, uh, introductions, yeah? I'm Sky. This will be my fourth (?) JulNo, and I'm toning it down a bit from last year. While 100k was fun and challenging, I have too much summer work for school to do something like that to myself. I'm going to be 17 by the time July rolls around, which is scary, and other than that I have nothing of interest to say about myself.

I'm excited for July, but I also want June to take its time in passing.
sadies-way-home
JulNo Writer

Mood: Eternally Singing
JulNoWriMo Title: Carry You Home

Word Count: 6425 / 50000
Word Count Start13% Complete87% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 5-28-2014 at 06:30 PM

Hey everyone! School has sapped my ability to write anything other than essays about Hamlet, so I totally feel y'all. I have zero ideas.

(Although I get out of school for the summer tomorrow, and last year I had a dream the night before my last day that I ended up using as the plot for my JulNo novel, so let's see what happens tonight.)

(remembers I should introduce self) Um. Hey guys! I'm Sadie. This is my fourth JulNo and I'm aiming to actually win for the first time this year (though I've gotten to 40+K the past two years.) I'm 16 and I'm from middle-of-nowhere suburban/rural New Jersey, so with nothing to do in my town, I started writing. Outside of that and school, I am far too interested in theatre (particularly musical), movies, and TV.

2011 - Stage Lights | 2012 - New Ways to Fall Apart | 2013 - Collateral Damage

Personal Tumblr | Writing Tumblr

rowena
JulNo Procrastinator

[*] posted on 6-1-2014 at 06:28 PM

Hi everyone! :D

for the introduction part - I'm Rowena (or Ro), 19, this is my fourth year doing JulNo (hard to believe it but true!)

I feel everyone about the college/school sapping the will to write thing...I haven't completely stopped writing, bc I ended up in a creative writing class both fall and spring semester (the second one was application-based and I was surprised I got in so yay) but they were short stories/poetry based so I'm verrrry out of practice on writing long anything. Also, both classes (esp. the one in the spring) ended up being kind of (or very) frustrating, bc of the kind of ppl who were in the class, so I'm very on the fence about if I want to pursue studying creative writing in college :/ (I could now, bc I've completed the main req for the major, but don't know if I want to continue to the other reqs.)

Anyway...I don't know what I'm doing for JulNo, and tbh I wasn't planning on doing JulNo at all this year, but I think I need some fun no-pressure writing and to do something fun for myself this summer, bc somehow I ended up having like no free time all year :P I feel like I should continue the WIP I've done the last two summers, bc it still needs revision, but I'm not feeling that so I don't know if I'll try to do my other project from last year or something new...I've got nothing planned but maybe I'll pants it...probably not going to do fantasy either...

Anyway that was a long introduction but it's great to see everyone again! (well, you know what I mean :P)

(Also Taylor I feel you re: not being able to go anywhere now that I'm home again...I'm used to getting in at like 12 or 1 and there's nothing to do that late now that I'm home and I'm just like O.o)
Acciobrooms
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: A Story

[*] posted on 6-8-2014 at 02:10 PM

Heyo everyone, I'm Grace, this is my second year of doing JulNoWriMo and I hope that it goes as well as it went last year. But you never really know so we'll wait and see how everything goes.

I know exactly what I'm doing for JulNoWriMo, I've had the idea now for a while and I only needed the push to get to it and to start writing the story so JulNoWriMo is going to be great for that. I might do another story as well if I can get to 50K for the first one but again, we'll see how everything goes.

July is going to be one very long month for me full of stuff to keep me busy.

set by lonely stars @ tda
leahw1195
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: The Nanny Chronicles

[*] posted on 6-13-2014 at 01:05 PM

Hi Everyone! I'm Leah. I've done Julno before under the name of AngelofAerlois. I'm 19, going into my sophomore year of college. I've never won JulNo and normally become bored of my subject matter, but this time I'm writing based off of my summer job, so I shouldn't run out of inspiration. I'm really excited because this is the first time I'll have time to actually write during the summer.
Midnightindigo
JulNo Royalty

Mood: Frustrated
JulNoWriMo Title: The Diviner's Revenge

Word Count: 52794 / 50000

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 6-21-2014 at 12:25 PM

Well hello there! I've been meaning to see if you all were here for a while.

I'm Megan, aka Indy. I'm 19, and this is my fifth JulNo. I'm gonna be a sophomore in college in Boston in the fall, and I loved my first year but I agree that it did in fact sap my writing motivation--mostly because writing is my cure for boredom and I was rarely bored. However, I'm a screenwriting major, and I'm taking my first writing for tv class next semester, which basically means I get to write fanfiction for class. (WHOO SPEC SCRIPTS.)

I write almost exclusively fantasy, and I love superhero movies, quality television, and comfy sweaters.

I'm writing the second (and possibly third) novel in my fantasy series, and we'll see how far I get past 50k. I hope to actually maintain a progress thread this year but we'll see how well that goes.

I have also only been buzzed at most, but I do love just drinking wine. (And champagne but as you might imagine it's far and in between with college students.)

I'm just gonna post this and see how much I need to update my signature.

EDIT: Well what do ya know, I don't technically have to update my signature at all. I should though. We'll see.

[Edited on 6-21-2014 by Midnightindigo]

Arianwen_Skyfeather
JulNo Royalty

Mood: Mostly dead
JulNoWriMo Title: Senachae Awakens

Word Count: 51031 / 50000

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 6-23-2014 at 01:31 PM

Considering that we're about 7 days from the end of June, this place is pretty dead. I hope it doesn't remain that way all through July. That would be sad.

In other news, I think I finally know what I'm writing this year. I had an idea before, but wasn't really excited about it. Then came volunteering as a tutor at summer school this morning, which basically means sitting there for four hours without anything to do. I wrote about 9 pages of random things and got some ideas down, and now I'm excited.
Midnightindigo
JulNo Royalty

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 6-23-2014 at 03:03 PM

That's what I was thinking all weekend. Come back, guys!

Yay, that's great, Sky! I spent Saturday plotting out the first novel I'm writing for July and have concluded that it needs more. I think I have a way to do it, but I'm not sure about it. Also, I was talking to my mom and she suggested that I just skip the second book and write the third first, and I think I might do that, since currently book 3 has a lot more substance.

But also if I can get the beginning down, I might be able to do both! That's my goal, anyway. I'm hoping to write two novels this month, and maybe a third in August. But I go back to school the second week of August because I'm working on orientation stuff, so once I get there everything's gonna get way busier.

This has made me think maybe I should start writing now...I may do that.

rowena
JulNo Procrastinator

[*] posted on 6-23-2014 at 07:42 PM

I've been checking back waiting for ppl to be on this thread for like, over a week and there was no one and it was making me sad D:

Also still not sure if I'm doing JulNo this year or not...I'm vacillating back and forth between "the best way to get excited about writing again is to just write!!" and "I should probably just work on revising the short stories I didn't work on much during the school year so I can apply to workshops for the spring" :P because I told myself I was going to do that this summer...not to mention that I'm working during July (only July) from 9-4 Mon-Fri and would like to have some free time during the month, have no idea what to write (except for another rewrite of the same novel ye gods), and am going to be out of town visiting my girlfriend for the first 5 days of July and would rather not start off behind OR spend a lot of time writing during the only week I'm seeing her this summer...*sigh*

If anyone has any suggestions that would be helpful :/ (I'm sure y'all are gonna say I should do it but still...suggestions appreciated :P )

I'm about to go back and read everything I wrote last summer, which is the first part of rewrite 1 of my novel, and see if I could feasibly pick up from there/start rewrite 2 from the beginning...we'll see...

Midnightindigo
JulNo Royalty

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 6-24-2014 at 02:20 AM

DO BOTH. I'm doing a rewrite of a novel and (hopefully) revising an old novel! Plus I think hours are picking up so I'll be working more and my roommate's coming for a week during SDCC. (Also like SDCC in itself haha.) But anyway. We can cry together!

I'm hoping to also do a drawing everyday during July (and starting now) of either scenes from my novels or scenes from books. I did one just now and I made myself sad.

(I often make myself sad.)

I think I might sleep now and just draw some more in the morning; I also have to finish an application for a school thing I want to do next year and start my progress thread because I've decided I'm gonna start writing 1.7k a day tomorrow.

I'm insane and I fully accept that title.

rowena
JulNo Procrastinator

[*] posted on 6-24-2014 at 09:35 AM

Indy, I just...good luck. Good luck with all of that.

I don't know yet if I can commit myself to the insanity, but I wish you the best of luck!
Midnightindigo
JulNo Royalty

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 6-24-2014 at 11:20 AM

Thanks haha. I don't know how well everything will go, but I'm very determined.

(Also if you think that's insane then you should see everything I'm trying to do next semester.)

sadies-way-home
JulNo Writer

Mood: Eternally Singing
JulNoWriMo Title: Carry You Home

Word Count: 6425 / 50000
Word Count Start13% Complete87% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 6-24-2014 at 02:32 PM

I have been awkwardly waiting for this place to revive itself. I'm glad it seems to be starting. We were pretty crazy all throughout June last year IIRC.

I'm filling out a character map for my MC today. Compared to the 9 pages of planning I had before JulNo last year, I'm doing really horribly with my planning this year. Thankfully my plot is a little more tightly-focused than last year's and it's a rewrite of an old story, so I already have a pretty good idea of where I'm going.

Indy: how was your first year of college? I'm coming to Boston to do some college visits in the fall!

2011 - Stage Lights | 2012 - New Ways to Fall Apart | 2013 - Collateral Damage

Personal Tumblr | Writing Tumblr

Midnightindigo
JulNo Royalty

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 6-24-2014 at 04:10 PM

It was amazing, Sadie! And that's awesome! Boston is prettiest in the fall. <3 Which schools are you looking at? What are you looking at studying/majoring in? COME TOUR EMERSON!

(I love my school, in case no one knew this. It is actually my favorite place.)

Okay, progress thread. Most important.

thebluedinosaur
Experienced JulNo'er

JulNoWriMo Title: Spark

[*] posted on 6-24-2014 at 05:09 PM

Hi, all! I think people here call me Dino? Regardless, I've done JulNo casually the past two or three years (actually, all but one of them were the same novel, rewritten)

I can't actually decide if I'm going to do JulNo properly this year, because I recently figured out a way to rework a novel I've been rewriting for three years (I mean, it's changed dramatically every year, but still), but I... have no outline or anything. And July is in six days. D: I can probably work something out? But it's so soon. Ugh. I can't decide.

Midnightindigo
JulNo Royalty

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 6-24-2014 at 05:30 PM

It is never too late to start (or win) a WriMo, until 11:59 on the last day of the month. (I have learned this from Tina repeatedly.) <3

Pages:  1    3  ..  10

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]