devika_fay
JulNo Member

Mood: celebrating summer!
JulNoWriMo Title: A Girl Named Clara

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-23-2007 at 11:32 AM
Letters to Your Muse

Okay, I've done this with a few other WriMo groups, and I find that it really does help me sometimes. Basically, you can name your muse if you want to, but you don't have to, and the 'letters' can be as long or short as you want them. Here's my first one.

Dear Cecily-

I know, I know, I started off really excited for July - I was finally getting a chance to work on that wondrous plot you sent me in a dream about 2 months before. And then I stopped writing. I'm sorry, really really sorry, but (as you may have noticed) I was struggling to even just get enough sleep this last week, and getting some quality writing in would have been even harder. So this week- you're got me. I don't have anything to do except household chores, practicing piano and dance steps, working on my Sanskrit, and, most importantly, WRITING. So I'm writing you to apologize for shunting you aside ever so rudely, and also to let you know that I will once again need you as much as ever this week, so that when I fail JulNo, it won't be as miserably as it could have been.

Hoping you come back to me as soon as possible-
Mimi

You guys get the idea?

"If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I will write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always. I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you." -Henry Rollins

"nel mondo dei ciechi, l'orbo re."
sono l'orba.
Beccaa
JulNo Member

Mood: Excited

[*] posted on 7-23-2007 at 01:46 PM

Dear Muse,

We've made it to 50K together, with great characters and even a semi-coherant plot!

But please don't pack your bags yet. We have another few thousand words to go yet, and I feel we're on the brink of tying everything together.

I beg of you, please don't leave me yet. At least wait I know what the heck this novel is really about! There are so many scenes that seem to have an overarching purpose, and the same themes keep popping up again and again. If I do say so myself, the plot seems really interesting. The problem is, Muse, you haven't yet revealed the solution.

Hoping you'll re-consider abandoning me,
Becky

P.S: Do bribes help?

[Edited on 7-23-2007 by Beccaa]
watercolour
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-23-2007 at 02:43 PM
URGENT TELEGRAM - STOP

URGENT - APB

MISSING MUSE - FLOWING RED HAIR - GIFT OF THE GAB - FLIGHTY - CARRYING SUITCASE OF COUNTERFEIT PLOTBUNNIES - STOP

APPROACH WITH CAUTION - MISSING MURDER WEAPON - STOP

POSSIBLE 1ST DEGREE STORY ABANDONMENT - STOP

STOP - STOP
O.o
emmeline
Faffing away

Mood: awake

[*] posted on 7-23-2007 at 03:20 PM

:D

Dear Muse

You're just me in disguise, aren't you? I'd know those made-up words anywhere.

Love
Me
bouncy_girl
JulNo Writer

Mood: accomplished

[*] posted on 7-24-2007 at 08:40 AM

To: Muse
CC: Plotbunnies
Subject: Last Week in July! WHERE'D THE PLOT GO?

Hey, guys!
We're almost there, but NOT QUITE YET. Yes, we made it 50K. Party's over. You all know I suck at finishing stories I start, so you know that we're not out of the woods yet - not by a long shot. So this isn't the time to relax, grab a martini, and sit on the beach. NO. This is the time to figure where exactly the plot went. Under the bed? In the freezer? All the way to Timbucktwo? I'm not sure, but we'd better start looking. Yes, we had a big mid-story conflict so now we can give the MC some downtime (lull her into a false sense of security, ya know?), but sooner or later, and hopefully sooner if I have any say about it, things will get crazy again and that's when I need to know exactly where things are headed. So if you can, take some time out of your busy schedules and FIND ME MY PLOT! I would be most grateful.

Cheers,
Rachel
CelticxConnections
JulNo Member

Mood: MEH

[*] posted on 7-24-2007 at 09:56 AM

Dear Muse,

Get your lazy arse in gear! I know I've been busy reading for the past two days so this is like your little vacation and that you had to really think fast for script frenzy but honestly we have not even hit 10k yet. You started out so very well so lets get back to that state and finish out strong-ish.

I'll give you another day or two at most to think up ideas while I keep on readin'.

Your almost good friend
Sarah

PS. If you get a really awsome idea and it doesnt fit into the plot just make me use it. I'll make it fit.

GeorgeEliot
JulNo Writer

Mood: emplotted

[*] posted on 7-24-2007 at 03:44 PM

Dear Muse,

What HAPPENED to you? You vanished on me. Look, I am in the middle of a very important Wrimo and this is not the best time for you to go on vacation. Come back and kick me to finish the book. You apparently put too much faith in me, because I need you not only during the brainstorming part of writing, but also the actual writing.
You're smarter than I am, so please, please bring back your genius self and a few plot twists too. Help me to get my anemic characters somewhere, because right now my typing is moving Keira, Finn, Andor, and Kyvven through the book, not the other way around.

Come back, and bring some wild plotbunnies. I beg you!

-Quinn

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]