Author: Subject: [GLBTQ] sci-fi lesbian novel
EmptyPage
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: The Bond

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 6-30-2013 at 01:35 PM
sci-fi lesbian novel

Well I guess I will be the first person in this sub-forum. I hope other people are writing LGBTQ novels, because to me they are the best kind of novels. I'm going to be writing another one in November as well. I think that will be plenty of time to edit, the one I'm going to be working on this month. This is my first time, doing NoWriMo, and I hope it will be a success.

I'm not sure however whether to put my novel into three parts, or to separate it into three novels. I am more inclined to do three parts, because I have trouble stretching things out.

Okay here is the general plot.:

Stelux(temporary name) is the Queen of Olar, but her husband the Queen is a terrible man, and she hasn't been able to bond to him. (a bond is a special thing their race does, when they have found their one.) However she is encased in the marriage bond with him, which is also a unbreakable bond. She can't wait until she bonds with someone else because she is hoping it will be a strong man, that can take her away from the King, rescue her so to speak. Only she ends up bonding with a young woman, who is mostly a mess, and all of her hopes are dashed. Can she save herself from the King? Does she really need anyone to help her?

[Edited on 6-30-2013 by EmptyPage]
misabuckley
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Title: The Hollow Men

[*] posted on 6-30-2013 at 01:57 PM

I'm writing an erotic lesbian sci fi romance. Is that enough sub genres for you? :D

website | twitter
JulNo Projects:
Genesis Dusk (SF Romance)
The Hollow Men (SF Horror)
EmptyPage
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: The Bond

[*] posted on 6-30-2013 at 02:09 PM

Yes.
Foodmoon
Experienced JulNo'er

[*] posted on 6-30-2013 at 10:48 PM

That sounds pretty interesting, Em.
And yes, plenty of people do LGBTQ stories.
I tend to do a mix of straight, gay and bi characters in fantasy worlds. And several of my writing pals do lesbian, trans, and gay stories: Everything from clean and cute, to dark and kinky.
Feel free to PM me if you need a spot reader. I probably won't be actively participating in julno beyond my normal dribbles of writing, because this is one of the busiest gardening months for me, among other things, and gardening is my other big love besides reading/writing.
rowena
JulNo Procrastinator

[*] posted on 7-1-2013 at 08:14 AM

My current WIP has several LGBT characters - two gay men and two (or three, haven't decided yet) lesbians (one of them may be bisexual? I dunno). Like Foodmoon I tend to do a mix of sexual orientations for my characters, although I've been working on this novel for so long I haven't really been working on any other characters! However, I wouldn't classify it as LGBTQ fiction, because the main plot has very little to do with the character's sexual orientations.

Also next novel I'm planning to write has a trans* character, which will be a little bit more challenging, I think. But that one's a lot more upbeat and humorous than my current WIP, so there's that at least :P

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]