Not logged in [Login ]
  Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  14    16
Author: Subject: [GAME] ^>v
jadedragon
JulNo Royalty

Mood: Almost always unorganized!
JulNoWriMo Title: no title yet- Year of hell!

Word Count: 51901 / 50000
Word Count Start100% CompleteWord Count End

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-19-2013 at 01:33 PM

^ I stopped sweet treats for words a few years back, but I used to use left over frozen Easter Bunny chocolate profusely!!!! In fact, in April, I'd buy chocolate bunnies for November nanos!

> I'm reading Ghost in the Shell and I am loving it. (Only on #1) I read it slow to adore the art.

v What's your favorite anime manga series and WHY???
marielaurent2221
JulNo Royalty

Mood: Excited
JulNoWriMo Title: a time for love

Word Count: 10013 / 50000
Word Count Start20% Complete80% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-19-2013 at 01:42 PM

^Bleach its a really good series and i love it since i first bought the first manga to it. Although i like Black Cat, Full Metal Alchemist, Black Bird, and definitely Zach Bell. Besides Inuyasha.

> I think the newest one i collected and read is Hellsing and that is an awesome series to read besides my very first one i collected was Xxhollic which i love the series. I also have Wolfs Rain as well that is a really good series. And Vampire Hunter D. I plan on collecting Digimon and Naruto though i have Vampire Kisses anime series.

v What is your favorite Anime series show that you have seen?

"Why am i the only one out of this group who thinks she is nuts." - Unknown character in new novel.

"Alpha there is problems heading up north we need to check out and find out what it is." - Liam from Alpha Alliance

"Master do you need anything else i can get you or do you want me to leave you right now." Peter from Blood Bond

"Eric seems to be interested in me. I hope i can get to know him better. And not have my heart broken again." - Bella Swan from A Viking and his Shield
jadedragon
JulNo Royalty

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-19-2013 at 01:54 PM

^ I haven't seen many... can't find them on TV. I have seen Archer and another that I can't remember the name of. I don't like the ones where they are in high school worried about who is kissing who. I like the more serious themed ones.

> I see I have hit a good nerve with anime with you! lol

v What's the most serious anime you collect... the most adult themed?
marielaurent2221
JulNo Royalty

[*] posted on 7-19-2013 at 02:00 PM

^ lol the most adult theme one i will have to say will be Hellsing which has graphic violence in it. Though there is Wolfs Rain that used to appear on Adult Swim a long time ago the same as Witch Hunter Robin and Cowboy Bebop.

> Though right now between Devil May Cry and Full-Metal Alchemist.

v Do you like Death Note the anime manga series?

"Why am i the only one out of this group who thinks she is nuts." - Unknown character in new novel.

"Alpha there is problems heading up north we need to check out and find out what it is." - Liam from Alpha Alliance

"Master do you need anything else i can get you or do you want me to leave you right now." Peter from Blood Bond

"Eric seems to be interested in me. I hope i can get to know him better. And not have my heart broken again." - Bella Swan from A Viking and his Shield
jadedragon
JulNo Royalty

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-19-2013 at 02:09 PM

^ I am not familiar with it. I am not so great at trying anime. Ghost in the Shell is my first purchase.

> I think I fear I will spend bucks buying 3 at a time and they won't be to my liking is why I haven't bought anime before now.

v What makes you love your favorite series?
marielaurent2221
JulNo Royalty

[*] posted on 7-19-2013 at 02:25 PM

Well, i love the old anime shows like Witch Hunter Robin, Wolf's Rain, Trigun, and Cowboy Bebop because they have the best animation compared to the animation shows of today. And the plots to the stories are really good.

> Even though Inuyasha, Black Cat, Digimon, Naruto, and Full-Metal Alchemist are good to read and watch too.

v What type of British show is your favorite?

jadedragon
JulNo Royalty

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-19-2013 at 03:27 PM

^ Although the dry humor is fun (Monty Python of old, Black Books of new), I like the ones that depict regular life... Waiting for God, Last of the Summer Wine, Are you Being Served, Are you Being Served II, Keeping up Appearances. Red Dwarf is my favorite sci fi. Doctor Who rocks and so does the old Blake's 7.

> I saw some Blake's 7 novels but I haven't ordered any.

v What foreign shows do you watch?
Melange
JulNo Royalty

JulNoWriMo Title: Shukugawa Monogatari

Word Count: 50414 / 50000

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-19-2013 at 05:06 PM

^ Lots! Since I'm neither British nor American, I count those as foreign. Recently I've been watching some Japanese dramas too.

> You only realize how much you like random chatter when it stops all of a sudden.

v How far are you into your novel's plot?

Always keep the faith.
jadedragon
JulNo Royalty

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-19-2013 at 05:30 PM

^2/3 into the simple plots. =)
>Silence is good.
v How well are your characters developed?
marielaurent2221
JulNo Royalty

[*] posted on 7-19-2013 at 11:28 PM

^ My characters are developed well in the scenes i have them with in conversations with best describing what they look like to each other.

> Though i have to work more on the dialogue to make things work more in the scenes besides them staring at each other and thinking through their thoughts about them.

v Do you come up with conversations for your characters to talk about?

jadedragon
JulNo Royalty

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-20-2013 at 10:26 AM

^ I do a great deal with dialogue because to me, it shows who the character really is. I tell a lot of my story through dialogue and I try to make it as real as possible.

> I wish cartoons today didn't have these screaming high pitched voices. I hate that!

v What gives you trouble with dialogue?
marielaurent2221
JulNo Royalty

[*] posted on 7-21-2013 at 12:50 AM

^ Basically how to introduce the characters to each other and finding out the names after they meet each other for the first time.

> That is sometimes is when i am trying to decide when is the right time to introduce them to each other as they are staring at each other before the main male character introduces her to his pack. Though i am hoping to introduce the whole pack one or two at a time to her with the Alpha male bringing them to her.

v Do you do great with character descriptions?

jadedragon
JulNo Royalty

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-21-2013 at 11:34 AM

^ No. I am terrible. In fact, when I describe someone to a real-life person, I don't use descriptions that way. I say more like... she's got a short fuse and laughs at everything wrong; she isn't very hospitable, she reads 1950's romances, and she is planning a trip to meet a VooDoo Queen.

> Something about color of hair or height or what she wears might be good practice for my writing.

v Have you ever used people watching to hone your writing skills?
marielaurent2221
JulNo Royalty

[*] posted on 7-21-2013 at 03:15 PM

^ Sometimes i listen to what their saying or read their lips if i am far across from them in restaurants. or i watch their movements at their tables or booths to see how they interact with each other.

> Though i get stared at back when i people watch to see what other people do at restaurants.

v Do you people watch to help with your stories?

jadedragon
JulNo Royalty

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-23-2013 at 10:10 AM

^ Oh yes. Last time I went in a popular breakfast place, there were 17 guys meeting. I walked up to two outside as they left and asked what their group was and they told me. I'm adding it in my novel.
> Mom and I usually make bets like... "That is not her baby." "Yes, that's her child." We have to find out then the loser has to make dinner. Things like that. =)
v What descriptions for characters do you heavily rely on?
marielaurent2221
JulNo Royalty

[*] posted on 7-23-2013 at 11:49 AM

^ Describing what their look like without giving info dump in my novel.

> Though i do describe what they characters are doing when they meet each other.

v What is your best description of your characters?

jadedragon
JulNo Royalty

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-23-2013 at 01:07 PM

^ I think my best descriptions are when I give them actions to take, whether they are confident or nervous or shady... using words carefully to show these things.

> I don't care to read character descriptions either. =)

v What writing programs do you use?
marielaurent2221
JulNo Royalty

[*] posted on 7-23-2013 at 01:13 PM

^ Microsoft office word 2010. I love this word program its better than open office.

> I used to use open office a lot which caused me to recover my stories more now i get to use Microsoft office word 2010 which i do not have to deal with recovering stories to save them over and over again.

v What do you want your characters to accomplish?

[Edited on 7-27-2013 by marielaurent2221]

Pages:  1  ..  14    16

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]