Author: Subject: JulNoWriMo Chat Room
JSBulldog89
JulNoWriMo Webmaster

Mood: Optimistic

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 1-13-2013 at 08:48 PM
JulNoWriMo Chat Room

I'd just thought I'd remind you all that we have a chat room! It is quite active throughout the year, with an average of ~10 or so people regularly.

If you're ever up for some live chatting, head on over to http://julnowrimo.com/index.php?page=chat

General Notes
1. BattleJesus is our Word War bot - he does a great job at keeping you motivated in July by allowing you to create word wars!

I am often in the chat room, but usually away as I keep my computer signed in frequently. Please don't think I'm ignoring you if I don't respond.

When you go to run the chat room, it may warn you of security risks... just be sure to click "Run..." and continue on with the loading or it won't work correctly. Trust me, it's safe.

Hope to see you all around, at least in June and July!

Foodmoon
Experienced JulNo'er

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-7-2013 at 02:30 AM

As one of the regulars, I'll just add that our year round group is friendly but tends to be quiet for the most part.
The one rule we have is: Be Nice.
Basically that means if someone is finding what you are saying offensive, please take it to PM or private mode. This can be done by clicking on the name of the person you are talking to. It's common courtesy to ask if it's okay to pm that person first, but most of the regulars don't mind. If the offended person is the one you are talking to, changing the subject or moderating your language is a better option. [Sorry to sound lectury here, but I've been asked this a lot.]

Battle Jesus Notes:
He can do several nifty things:
1. word wars
2. !ping which gives you a reaction time and lets you know how fast your connection is, I believe
3. !twist which brings up a random twist
4. !prompt which brings up a random prompt
5. !quote which brings up a random quote, this is for quotes from your own book or published works
6. !cq which brings up a random chatroom quote, this is for things people said on chat that strike you as worth saving for others to see, whether they're deep or just hilarious
7. adding a space and then a number of your choice after !twist, !quote, !prompt, or !cq will bring up a specific quote
8. !energy lets you know how much energy bj thinks you have. Doing this in PM with BJ costs you less energy
9. adding a space and then add to !twist/quote/cq/prompt [ex. !twist add ADDTEXTHERE, not in all capitals, thanks] lets you add a twist, prompt, quote or chat quote
10. PM or private mode.
11. /nick nameofchoicehere lets you change your use name from Julnoguest426 to whatever name you prefer to go by, such as JulyGhost
12. /me add text of choice here is the action command and reads to others as JulyGhost sings loudly offkey. or whatever text is chosen.
13. a few other things that I can't quite remember

If you show up, I'll probably tell you all this again, but don't worry. You only get the lecture the first time. ;)
Please do stop by. We like seeing new people.

[Edited on 7-7-2013 by Foodmoon]

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]