JulNoWriMo Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
  Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: What do you write about?
xxMoonlightxShadowxx
JulNo Member

Mood: Mission accomplished

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-14-2007 at 04:01 AM
What do you write about?

I have had about 15 different ideas, including a love story with a twist, and a girl who is afraid of her parentsO.o. I have been reading about 2 books a night on writing, and i have been on NaNoWriMo, and i just realised that there was a JulNoWriMo! EEK! it is like the 15th and i have written a 50k book at the beginning of the holidays, which is a fair good start. Can anybody help me find a good topic????? I want to start a new book. The first book i wrote, was similar to the gost one i mentioned earlier, but the ghost...hey why am i giving it away:X. I have handed up a manuscript to my editor, and he lked it. i want to start a short career with this for at least my first year off between school and uni, but there still is some time between thatText.

Please help!!

xxMoonlightxShadowXX:crying::crying:

It\'s fun doing the impossible!-Walt Disney

What is the capital of Antidisestablishmentarianism? A!
WaterRatsFan
Writing some semblance of a novel

Mood: Insane? Crazy? What's the difference?

[*] posted on 7-15-2007 at 06:02 PM

Well...I generally write crime, each story is a different manifestation. Crime is interesting, especially if you know what to write [I only know cause I watch stuff like Water Rats and Blue Heelers repeats, and other legal and crime dramas, and have a book on forensic psychology], fantasy is fun, I'm trying to dabble there at the moment but I'm struggling.

Another favourite of mine is Comedy. You can do anything, make a joke of most things [but be careful too - some people take jokes the wrong way]

Ummm I've found that comedy has been more friendly to me as an overall genre in script writing as opposed to short stories and novels. I stick to Crime in those and add in subtleties of humour.

Think of your favourite genre of TV Show, book and/or movie. Perhaps you can combine the three.

Frank Holloway: I was taught by experts
Rachel Goldstein: Oh I bet

Helen Blakemore: If he insists on coming in here, we\'ll have to shoot him
thepianist2008
JulNo Writer

Mood: Ready to go!

[*] posted on 7-15-2007 at 06:13 PM

xxMoonlightxShadowxx - The object of JulNoWriMo is to write 50,000 words for the month. While you're allowed to start ahead, the words that you write before July don't count. Sorry if it's rude of me to say this.

...and he can do that, and she can do this, and he can react like that, and she can slap him, and he can yell at her, and then a dead body can come crashing through the ceiling... yippee! XD
rob
JulNo Writer

Mood: Frustrated
JulNoWriMo Title: TBA

[*] posted on 7-15-2007 at 07:06 PM

I think she meant that she wrote a 50k novel before, so she knows that she can do it. Maybe I misunderstood, tho... :confused:

JulNo 07 Winner, Back for more.
dragonrhapsody
JulNo Writer

Mood: Workin\' hard & hardly working.

[*] posted on 7-15-2007 at 07:07 PM

I write fantasy and romance. Those are my two big ones. I really love writing romance, it's fun! XD And eaaaaaaaasy! I don't know why that is.

Fantasy is a little harder, esp. if you are using an original world have end up world building. But still just as rewarding - altho, Romance is pretty durn rewarding! XD

Rossiter
decked out in palm trees

Mood: cursing time zones
JulNoWriMo Title: The Mysterious Affair of the Global Consequences

[*] posted on 7-16-2007 at 12:07 PM

Look through the Adopt-a-Plot thread on NaNoWriMo. It has tons of interesting ideas.
thepianist2008
JulNo Writer

Mood: Ready to go!

[*] posted on 7-17-2007 at 05:30 AM

Just to post something on-topic, I'm a fantasy writer, though the novel I'm working on has a huge romance portion. I agree with dragonrhapsody, romance is a piece of cake, but fantasy is hard. I think it's because in romance, your characters are obviously going to do a lot of interacting, and when I write at least, the parts where the characters interact are the parts that flow without much thought or input from me. The hard part about fantasy is figuring out what needs to be set up next, as far as preparing for the climax goes.

...and he can do that, and she can do this, and he can react like that, and she can slap him, and he can yell at her, and then a dead body can come crashing through the ceiling... yippee! XD
xxMoonlightxShadowxx
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-21-2007 at 03:54 AM

i did mean that i wrote a 50k novel before, but i am struggling to find a good plot:crying:AAAAAAAARGH it is horrible!!

[Edited on 29-7-2007 by xxMoonlightxShadowxx]

gaye-belle
JulNo Member

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 7-21-2007 at 06:14 AM

I'm a beginner at this writing business, so I write about things I know. What I've learnt about life, and observe other peoples little quirks and sayings. My next short challenge at the end of the month, will be about someone working in a Costume Hire place (which I do in real life) the girl working there tries on different costumes, when she looks at her self in the mirror, she becomes that person. One will be Marylin Munroe singing happy birthday to President JFK, and when she disrobes for him later she turns back into herself. Princess Fiona married to Shrek, and realises she becomes an Ogre like him and disrobes quickly to become herself again. Finally she becomes a cat and wears the costume home to fix a tear in the costume, next things she is fighting off a Tom cat, her owner brings her inside, and the cat is frantically licking her fur coat to get it off. In the local paper an accident is headlined 'Woman in cat costume dies in car accident.' Another in situation vacant requiring a 'costume hire assistant, with vivid immagination.' Well she always said she wanted to be reincarnated into a cat. O.o

Remember, don\'t put off what you should do today, for it will be yesterday, tomorrow!
xxMoonlightxShadowxx
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-22-2007 at 06:04 AM

wow that sounds like a heaps good story, lol, i wish i had ideas swimming in my brain like that, guess what, i have tried to write something good for the past week and... i have it.. the errible incurable disease........

WRITER'S BLOCK!!!!!!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh not the dreaded writers block
i feel sad:(:embarrassed:

emmeline
Faffing away

Mood: awake

[*] posted on 7-22-2007 at 06:12 AM

You're nearly there, don't give up! :)
xxMoonlightxShadowxx
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-22-2007 at 08:44 AM

ok, i have tried to do some more writing, and i feel thet i have only been blocked like for 1 week, i wrote two pages of my character going to the beach, and all of the sand trickling between her toes as the ther couples race in front of her. mmm i think i am doing ok only 6000 more words until i can sleep!!!!!!O.o i havebeen up till like after 12 writing and making character profiles.

umm to get over writers block i drew a dot on a page and stared at it, thinking what it could lead to if i were to go into it,mmm sounds weird, but it helps!!!!!!

thanx 4 ur comments

xxMoonlightxShadowxx

by the way, the story about the costumes sounds so cool!

gaye-belle
JulNo Member

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 7-23-2007 at 05:53 AM
Writers Block

Quote:
Originally posted by xxMoonlightxShadowxx
wow that sounds like a heaps good story, lol, i wish i had ideas swimming in my brain like that, guess what, i have tried to write something good for the past week and... i have it.. the errible incurable disease........

WRITER'S BLOCK!!!!!!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh not the dreaded writers block
i feel sad:(:embarrassed:

Hey come on you are nearly there. This is the hard part, when you have the finish but need to do about 5000 words. Try and side track somewhere else. My last story for SocNoc I took a page (600 odd words) describing this woman making scrambled eggs. Reaching in the cupboard for a bowl, pulling out the cutlery drawer for a spoon, digging around under the sink cupboard trying to find a toasting fork to make the toast over the open fire, then digressed to describe the fireplace, back to the eggs, reached up for a sprig of parsley from her herb collection on the window sill, talked about herbs, back to the eggs. ;)

Edit: Fixed the post, the reply was in the middle of the quote and hard to distinguish! :)

[Edited on 7-23-2007 by JSBulldog89]

Remember, don\'t put off what you should do today, for it will be yesterday, tomorrow!
xxMoonlightxShadowxx
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 8-9-2007 at 07:41 AM

:) i won!!!!!!!!

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]