JulNoWriMo Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
  Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: What's your story about?
Spreadlight
JulNo Member

Mood: tired. Very tired. But hopeful

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-8-2007 at 10:16 PM
What's your story about?

Just curious, but what are your stories about?
And how did you come up with it?

You can\'t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

--Jack London
sunshinemusic
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-8-2007 at 11:20 PM

Haha! 8D

A dark elf queen falling in love with an Earth prince who's Italian after her new magician makes an error in the wrong dimension and ends up going to Earth instead of another evil magical dimension.

How I came up with it? At first, the characters were from a generator, but I came up with the plot on my own.
thepianist2008
JulNo Writer

Mood: Ready to go!

[*] posted on 7-9-2007 at 09:23 PM

Okay. A goddess is trapped in human form. She's concealed her identity though, and she's helping the people to find the items that her power was sealed in. In addition, she's fallen in love with a human and let him get her pregnant. There is also a war going on in the backdrop between the two sections of humans, the Soleons and the Lunarians. The goddess belongs to the Lunarians, who are currently oppressed by the Soleons.

Inspiration? Pirates of the Carribean 3! Yay, Calypso! Of course, I picture my goddess as looking more like Elizabeth.:D

...and he can do that, and she can do this, and he can react like that, and she can slap him, and he can yell at her, and then a dead body can come crashing through the ceiling... yippee! XD
CelticxConnections
JulNo Member

Mood: MEH

[*] posted on 7-10-2007 at 03:41 PM

Well mine is about a group of mottely explorers who set out to find aliens that live 20.5 ly away from earth. They face hardships like cabin fever and unknown attackers, and meet a few new friends along the way. They find things that could help the human race greatly on their trip and have to get it home.

How I came up with this well it started out as one story when I decided I wanted to combine Farscape, Star Trek, and Babylon 5. When I started thinking about it I really wanted to write about the frist contact between the two main races that would be in the story. That sort of spiraled into introducing two more races and several extra characters and becoming to big for a prequel so I outlined it and listened to a little to much opera. Thats how "Aliens like Bizet" was born incase your wondering where the opera came in.
Beccaa
JulNo Member

Mood: Excited

[*] posted on 7-10-2007 at 04:27 PM

Novels are supposed to have plots?

Urm... roughly - Mine is about a group of children who are being used by a higher power to control the First (otherwise known as Earth) from the Second (otherwise as void-zones, dreamtime, Laetnium). The viewpoint character is Aislin, who is at first thought to have a mental disorder, but is really a citizen of the Second, who has been stranded on the First, and therefore can't function normally. Eventually she's taken by Frey (MMC, who is also subtly using mind-control upon Aislin and various other kids) to the Second, where a group of children are unwittingly trying to take control from the current leaders. Unwittingly, because Frey is also using them to take control himself, with the others slightly clueless about the whole thing.
And then there's lots of ANGST, of course ^_^

How I came up it? Started writing, hehe. The very first scene, and theme of 'dreams' comes from a recurring dream I used to have when I was small. Then I just went from there.

It's also a lot more rambly than it sounds here.
Sobriquet

Mood: Eager

[*] posted on 7-11-2007 at 04:02 AM

Well, the general plot's probably working since your word count is rocketing upwards.

JulNo \'07: 59,557 words.
NaNo \'07: 52,452 words.
JulNo \'08: 53,556 words.
NaNo \'08: epic fail.
JulNo \'09: 19,949 words.
Ever since then? Eep, university.
rob
JulNo Writer

Mood: Frustrated
JulNoWriMo Title: TBA

[*] posted on 7-17-2007 at 10:37 AM

Briefly: A man wakes up from a coma, only to discover that he has lost the past five years of his life to amnesia. In trying to learn about those lost years of his life, he meets with old friends from his high school days because he thinks those are the only people he can trust. It turns out that he also sees visions of the past and future as a strange side effect of the coma/amnesia, and foresees his best friend's death at the hands of an unknown murderer. As he tries to learn about his past and save his best friend, he stumbles upon an epic struggle between two underground movements: Project Orion and Black Rain. That is when things get interesting (unfortunately I haven't yet gotten to the interesting part).

Influences: The movie Memento has obvious influence on my story. I wanted to go in making a story where the MC didn't know who to trust because he didn't know about those five years. It turns out he trusts all the wrong people. Anti-trust has been a thing I love to write about. I like to think that most of the other elements of the story are original, though, or at least not taken from any one specific thing.

[Edited on 7-17-2007 by rob]

JulNo 07 Winner, Back for more.
gaye-belle
JulNo Member

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 7-18-2007 at 06:22 AM

Let's see. A married woman travels on her own, because her husband won't travel, although his dream is to visit The Isle of man, during the Motor Cycle Tourist Trophy week, first week in June.
She travels with a group around Britain, Ireland, and Scotland, and books a passage on the Ferry to The Isle of Man. (Just to 'nark' the old man.) On her arrival she meets someone there, and has the time of her life. ;)

[Edited on 7-18-2007 by gaye-belle]

[Edited on 7-18-2007 by gaye-belle]

Remember, don\'t put off what you should do today, for it will be yesterday, tomorrow!
rob
JulNo Writer

Mood: Frustrated
JulNoWriMo Title: TBA

[*] posted on 7-18-2007 at 01:50 PM

^^
| |
I can smell the scandal from here!

JulNo 07 Winner, Back for more.
Sobriquet

Mood: Eager

[*] posted on 8-8-2007 at 03:34 AM

Ha ha, I've got my next plot, just as a break from this one:

I'm starting with a character called Elsie, an eleven year old girl, and its going from there. Or maybe I'll go back and do Jenna and Jaffa... That was an idea from when I was something like eight. Or there's Chocolottie. Nah... I'm doing Elsie.

JulNo \'07: 59,557 words.
NaNo \'07: 52,452 words.
JulNo \'08: 53,556 words.
NaNo \'08: epic fail.
JulNo \'09: 19,949 words.
Ever since then? Eep, university.
writter_chick_94
JulNo Member

Mood: tired and excited
JulNoWriMo Title: lost of random novels...

[*] posted on 6-28-2008 at 09:43 AM

Mine is a sequal to Novembers novel...

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]