JulNoWriMo Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
  Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Creativity: -.5%
edgy
JulNo Writer

Mood: You'd never guess how much I wrote on the meaning of Lady Justice...

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-8-2007 at 06:22 PM
Creativity: -.5%

Althrough the people who read my writing insist that I'm "creative", I never throught so and now I'm completely stuck and need your help guys. One of my numerous MCs is asked by the FBI (don't ask why, and this is a little into the future so suggestions can be reasonably 'interesting') to spy on a certain drug dealing organization because its too resourceful and strong for them to just plunge at it with a full FBI task force. Besides, they want it to be done quietly. Any ideas on how would the 15 year old manages to 'join' them so that she can spy out their weaknesses to turn the organization down? I'm completely blank.
JSBulldog89
JulNoWriMo Webmaster

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 7-8-2007 at 06:58 PM

First off, why again doesn't the FBI do it themselves? I still don't understand that part a whole lot. Maybe the 15 y/o's parents work for the FBI, and they want her to help them? Or perhaps she wants to become a spy someday, work for the government, etc. But really, it sounds quite dangerous for a 15 y/o!

Anyway, for an idea: she could pretend to be a drug dealer, and deal with them? Or somehow become acquainted with the drug dealers, for example if she were to act a bit older and get involved in a relationship with one of them...

*shrug* I don't know, I'm not too creative, either!

edgy
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-8-2007 at 07:13 PM

Okay, fine. I was too lazy to explain my plot. The girl's living with her father, a respected FBI agent, and had (without permission) followed his cases before. The girl's very ambitious and wants to become part of the FBI herself, when she grows up. She knows how to shoot a gun etc. The organization is (yes it sounds stupid) made up of 98% 15-16 year olds. Shows where our society is going... blah. It would be much more suspicious if an adult tried to join it somehow than a kid. As I've pointed out before, the organization is HUGE. Its extensive resources and links to powerful personas (some powerful figures in the government) keep the FBI from launching an attack themselves. They figured that if someone goes in and spies out what's going on, it would make everything a lot easier.

As for your ideas: I forgot to mention that she already IS pretending to be part of the organization, I'm looking for ideas on how in the world she would get involved. Knock on their door and say 'Hullo!'? The FBI knows their location, but not the people. I like the relationship idea through...*smiles in a sinister passion*...her boyfriend wouldn't through XD
thepianist2008
JulNo Writer

Mood: Ready to go!

[*] posted on 7-8-2007 at 08:49 PM

Well, think about why all the other members of the organization are in it. Most people don't turn to crime just because they want to be criminals, something drives them to it. Poverty, abandonment, things like that. So, make your MC emulate these traits. If the members of this organization can recognize a bit of themselves in her, they can react in two ways: sympathy, for they remember what it was like to be in that position, and may even feel kind enough to offer her an errand that will get her a small wad of cash for her to get by on. Or, they could react with disdain and hatred because they remember the old life and they don't want to go back to it. She's going to have to lose weight though, even if she is okay, because poor little orphans aren't plump healthy kids.

...and he can do that, and she can do this, and he can react like that, and she can slap him, and he can yell at her, and then a dead body can come crashing through the ceiling... yippee! XD
JSBulldog89
JulNoWriMo Webmaster

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 7-8-2007 at 09:18 PM

Have her sit out on a street corner, near where the location of the place is. Her "home" can be in the alley, back near the trash bins. She smokes, does drugs, etc. Has a bit of cash, would like to buy some drugs...

edgy
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-8-2007 at 09:36 PM

*goes into deep thought*

- one hour later -

Well she's a pretty proud personality type and I don't know she'd shed it to smoke and live near the trash cans even to satisfy her ambitions... but you two have a good point... she can't come dressed in a thousand-dollar dress to joing a bunch of drug dealers. Hmm I'll have her pick-me-up outfit be roughed up at the bar like my friend suggested, have her sleep in a trash can, THEN she can definitely fit in with the drug dealing people. Oh, this is fun. *rubs hands together* I can't wait! :D Thanks guys.

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]