JulNoWriMo Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
  Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: [JulNoWriMo Progress Reports] Monkey_With_Fanta
Monkey_With_Fanta
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: In pain :(
JulNoWriMo Title: Arkanos - Memorycatcher (Book One)

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

smiley10.gif posted on 7-13-2012 at 06:08 AM
[Fantasy] Arkanos - Memorycatcher (Book One)

Helloooooz.

So I'm a little late on the scene, but better late than never right? :D

So Arkanos is a bit of a mammoth project, but also my baby so I cannot give up! ;)

Arkanos is the tale of four individuals with very unique paths, who yet are united by one danger facing the entire planet: Arkanos the Dragon of Apocalypse is awakening. If he breaks out of his prison, the planet of Zooly will face its end.
A criminal organisation known only as the Seekers seems to be attempting to release Arkanos.

Yuih the protagonist is a young boy who was found three years prior by his foster family. He has no memory of who he was or where he came from before that. There is nothing left form his past, except a strange black scar on his left hand which reacts to dark energy. Yet the Seekers seem to have some kind of connection to him. Was he possibly once on their side?
Guided by mysterious energy sphere he received from a Gypsy Witch, Yuih sets out to find the truth in his connection to Arkanos.

Mitsu is a young mage travelling the land. His home world has been gripped by a terrible war that killed his parents. Following the advice of a prophet, Mitsu is searching for a legendary hero to bring peace back to his home world. Only problem is, he doesn't have many leads to go on...

Adelen is a feisty and headstrong girl who is determined to complete her mission. Her sister Ji and her were separated from each other some years ago, and Adelen blames herself for letting Ji down. However, when Adelen runs into Yuih and finds out he is her fiancé, it seems like the perfect lead to follow.
Yuih says Ji has been kidnapped by the Seekers, but somehow it feels like he's not letting on the whole truth...

Seyyaiyji (Seiji for short) is a mysterious elven swordsman who has travelled from the land of Ribennauld, a mountainous region on a continent across the sea known for being the home of the Yddrai (elven-like species). Quiet and formal, Seiji doesn't let much on about himself, other than that he has an interest in Yuih's energy sphere. Claiming the sphere won't obey him, he settles for helping Yuih and the others in exchange to having Yuih use the sphere.
But Seiji seems to be having an internal battle with something dark within him. What secrets about himself is he hiding?

So that's the long synopsis.

Right now I'm struggling with catching up with my word count as I'm getting a bit stuck. But I'm not giving up until midnight strikes on the 31st! :)

Please visit my blog Monkey's Fanta World!

JulNoWriMo 2012 ~ Arkanos - Memorycatcher (Book One)
Foodmoon
Experienced JulNo'er

[*] posted on 7-14-2012 at 12:04 AM

Massive projects are fun. Sounds like you have some neatly complex threads of it already. :D Good luck with it!

(If it helps, I summarized what I'd written so far on one of my stories for someone on chat the other day. Apparently my "summary" took more than three hours...<laughs at self>:rolleyes: )
Monkey_With_Fanta
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: In pain :(
JulNoWriMo Title: Arkanos - Memorycatcher (Book One)

[*] posted on 7-14-2012 at 02:38 AM

Thanks very much! :)

Wow, that's a pretty impressive summary!! XD Complexity is sometimes really fun. I like balancing it, like one story will be really complex and another one much simpler. ^^

Good luck with yours too!!

Please visit my blog Monkey's Fanta World!

JulNoWriMo 2012 ~ Arkanos - Memorycatcher (Book One)

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]