Author: Subject: [JulNoWriMo Progress Reports] thearcadianplane
thearcadianplane
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Tales of Ismenara: The Ascent of Avedis

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-8-2012 at 08:31 PM
[Fantasy] The Ascent of Avedis

Ok took me a little while to catch on to this thread... It's always good to journal things though so I thought I would jump in.

So it's July 8th, and I've survived the first week. My word count is at deadline, despite the fact that my dearly beloved laptop is suffering from some fairly severe track pad problems. I took it to the shop on Thursday, and I hope to god I get it back tomorrow. I miss it so much and it has quite a bit of writing on it that I haven't had access to, along with my entire story outline...

I did pretty well today, clocking in at 2391 words. I have to work tomorrow, which will probably be a bit draining, but I'd like to go for another 2k tomorrow!

Anyway, I haven't written a synopsis for my novel since I've actually began writing it. So here goes an off the top of my head explanation!

Prince Avedis Ilarion is the only living heir to the throne of Carram, and one of the most powerful sorcerers in the history of the Ismenarian continent. Obsessed with power and determined to bring back the Vitesta, a life force that is present in the very earth itself, Avedis will go to great lengths to preserve his right to the throne. But when whisperings arise of the King and Queen's lost second son, the Prince's ascent is threatened, and he is forced to fight for the throne that he claimed at the age of eleven. Determined to prevent the darkness that is prophesized to ensnare the nation, the Lost Prince, Kelson of Charisia, travels to the Capitol to claim his throne and face his brother.

thearcadianplane
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-10-2012 at 10:55 PM

Fiiiinally got my laptop back! Mouse is working fine, and I didn't lose any of the stuff I'd written :3 Yay! So I'm back on track. Didn't write that much today because I was a little ahead, and VERY busy. A little bit over the deadline today.

thearcadianplane
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-14-2012 at 05:56 PM

FINALLY caught up with my word count. It has been damn hard these past few days. The heat here has been unbearable, its so difficult to write when you're so hot you can barely breathe.

But I'm at 22,899 now, so at least I'm on track. I'm starting to get worried that my book is becoming a bit too loaded... I'm just wondering how much information I can pack in there without it becoming so much that readers just can't deal with it all. I might go back and rewrite some of the passages I had written before July started, just so solidify the story a little bit and start organizing.

Guess we'll see!
thearcadianplane
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-15-2012 at 09:07 PM

What a difficult day...
Well, my wordcount is a little over, which is nice, except today I wrote something I'm pretty sure won't be included in the novel. Its the dreaded romance between Annthrea and Avedis that I've been trying to get rid of (to no avail, you know how characters do what they want).

It was good to write, though, even though it took long it helped me blow off some steam. Tomorrow I will get back to business.
thearcadianplane
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-26-2012 at 09:59 PM
oops

I sort of forgot to bother with this thread. By the time I finished writing most days the last thing I wanted to do was talk about it haha.

This really hasn't been as much of an up and down process as I'd expected. There have been several struggles, mostly to do with people being at my house that I don't want there, and social obligations.

Those have settled down quite a bit, though, and I've had plenty of time to work on my book. I've been writing about 1500-2000 words a day, it seems once I hit around 2000 I sort of drain out hehe.

But, so far, my novel is actually over 50,000 words. I wrote a bit on it in June, so that's why, but I'm happy the book in total is going to be a bit over 50k.

Also, I've finally figured out how it will end, and have plans forming in my mind for next month's WriMo. I've signed up for 60k in August, however, I really, REALLY want to try and write at least 70k. I think I can do it, but I'm not going to make myself feel bad if I can't.

I think I'll be able to do it for two main reasons.
1. I signed up TWO projects, one being a separate novel from Tales From Ismenara. That will provide much more fodder.
2. The new novel I'll be working on is going to be an extremely descriptive book about dire wolves taking place in the pleistocene. Its going to be a challenge to help me with my scene building and atmosphere development. Describing will take up lots of words.

Anyway, I'm really excited about all this. Writing has definitely taken priority over my visual art this summer, but I'm mostly okay with that. At least I am being creative and productive. Also, since I've gotten in the habit of writing ever day, I'm pretty much ADDICTED. Like, if I don't write in a day I feel like I forgot to do something, like I missed out on this wonderful time with myself. JulNoWriMo has really changed me, as I've proven to myself I CAN follow through with an idea. I'm just really, really happy about that.

Well, I just rambled on a lot. It was good to write out all the things I've been feeling about the past two days!

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]