Author: Subject: [JulNoWriMo Progress Reports] ChoKiba
ChoKiba
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Title: The Light of Tomorrow

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-2-2012 at 02:45 PM
[Urban Fantasy] The Zombie Reaper

So I don't have a cover for this particular story yet, but that will hopefully be changing soon enough! This book is the first in a trilogy. The other two books are Zombie Master and Zombie King. Those I'll worry about later. This book is about a young man named Lynuel Engelking who was raised by his mother and who than joined the human priesthood. What he doesn't know is that he is actually half Nzombiy. The Nzombiy, also known as Zombies, are a race or species from Africa. They were created by the god Nzombie. They are much like humans except that they have a unique...well fetish. This fetish, however, is not always sexual. It is merely something that brings them great pleasure which they have to indulge in. Overindulge and they turn wild and a little feral. If they deprive themselves, they start to waste away going through a point of utter mindless violent need of having what will make them happy to the end of being so weak that they merely die from not having it. They are basically a lesson in moderation.

But that fact is mostly kept hidden because most Nzombiy don't like to mention that weakness especially when they're fighting for equal rights amongst the humans. Well, as it turns out, some don't like this idea, both human and Nzombiy alike. And someone has been kidnapping Nzombiy and depriving them until they are at the point of mindless violence. Then this person lets them go. The humans created an uproar and the human priesthood put together a team that would "take care" of this new menace. Lynuel Engelking is put on one of those teams. But on his first mission, he accidentally kills the Nzombiy they are sent to stop. Despite his guilt, he is named the Zombie Reaper by those who are very proud of his work.

His mother, upon finding out what he did, decides it is time to tell him the truth about his heritage. And when he learns everything changes for him. He begins to question his place in the world and his purpose in life.

And of course I have to dedicate this story to my airmen from the base since the title, and the names of the main character come from three of them.

ChoKiba
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-3-2012 at 12:54 PM

Ooo look! I have a cover! *great flourish*

Alright, it's not really all that impressive, but still it's a cover! I'm almost done with the first scene. That sounds so pathetic especially since it's kind of hard to do the first one. Not sure why, but it is. So once I have that done, I'm hoping that the writing will go a lot easier.

[Edited on 7-3-2012 by ChoKiba]

ChoKiba
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-8-2012 at 12:57 AM

Yeah so the writing goes...slowly at best. I don't know why. I am finally to the third chapter or scene or whatever I want to call it. I'm still less than like three thousand words. And I feel terrible about that. I feel like I should be a lot farther on. I need to be. And honestly I'm trying. But for some reason writing has been rather difficult for me lately. I'm working on that. I think the key soon is going to be introducing new characters to narrate since right now, even though it's in third person. I've only been doing it with Lynuel. I have no clue who will be introduced to co-tell with him, but I'll figure it out eventually.

ChoKiba
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-9-2012 at 02:56 PM

I love Lynuel. I really do. He's just a very odd one. For one thing you have his physical appearance. The boy has darker skin, hazel eyes....and bright red hair. I don't know why, but for some reason he got mommy's hair and eyes. He's an odd child. What can I say? And then he's also a twenty-six year old acolyte. The oldest in their order. Most of the acolytes are like nineteen, twenty, or even twenty-two at most. Poor, poor Lynuel.

I finally introduced a new narrator though. I have no clue what her name is! I know that it is either Faith or means faith. Not sure which. I know that she is a Nzombiy. I know that her father is a high priest named Joquay. (Another stolen airman name if I recall correctly). And I know that she has been kidnapped and is slowly losing her mind due to deprivation. I know that she will be captured by the Forces led by Father Marcio which includes Lynuel.

Beyond that, NO CLUE.

Wow, I really need to learn more about this novel and its characters.

ChoKiba
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-11-2012 at 02:14 PM

Alright, so I have introduced Brooks, Joquay, and his daughter Imani. I am rather pleased with that fact. And now I'm working with Honored Father Silence who I really like. I'm hoping people will as well. We'll see how it works. Oh, and if you would like to read the story I currently have it slowly being posted on mibba. You can find it through my signature though I might put it on fictionpress as well just so other people can read it as well. Actually I would love to have some opinions on that!

Should I post the story on fictionpress for y'all to read?

ChoKiba
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-16-2012 at 02:15 PM

So I finally managed to write the scene where Lynuel makes his first kill! And poor Lynuel now hates himself for it. But it had to be done. After all, if it wasn't done, than he wouldn't get the nickname and the nickname is very necessary for how things will develop later on. I'm hoping the story will get more fluidity now though. It still feels a little disjointed between some of the scenes and I hate that feeling. But I can't really find a way to fix it either. Which is a problem, but what can I say? Not really much I can do when it's the information that the characters want told.

DO NOT DENY THE CHARACTERS.

That is the one thing that I have learned from writing. Denying the characters makes bad things happen. Or rather it generally makes it so that I lose any and all muse and the story never gets finished.

ChoKiba
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-18-2012 at 01:17 AM

Dear Press Conference Scene,

I hate writing you.

That is all.

Sincerely, Your Writer

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]