brianacluster
JulNo Writer

Mood: lackadaisical
JulNoWriMo Title: ;l

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

smiley14.gif posted on 6-30-2012 at 09:36 PM
[YA/Realistic] Indefinite

props to me for my crappy photo editing skills.

Hey there. ;] I’m Briana. This is my third Julno and second novel (for this particular wrimo).

SYNOPSIS:

College freshman, Vera Bernal, disappeared two weeks before summer vacation. Rumor has it she ran away but to Morris, that doesn’t make any sense. He sets out to find her by taking a road trip—all across the USA. His sidekick, Jax, is in charge of direction and keeping the group sane, Terrance, the loner, knows Vera better than anyone else, and Ana keeps the group on their toes with ridiculous rambles of philosophical ideas. With this team, it’s only a matter of time before they find Vera either happily excited for her saviors' arrival or seriously pissed that she was discovered.
^As you can see, I suck at summaries.

CHARACTERS:

*MORRIS FROST College student, 19. Somewhat of an egotistic but obviously very concerned when his friends are in trouble. He’s the mastermind behind the trip and acts before he thinks—all the time. He will go to extreme measures when necessary and isn’t too good with emotional relationships.

*JAX WILLIS College student, 19. Is a bit shy and a total counterpart to Morris’s outrageous character as he’s more calm and reasonable. Also has a long-time crush on Vera but is too much of a coward to do something about it.

ANA ELLISON College student, 19. Knows Vera but isn’t exactly friends with her. She’s had the deepest yearning to go on a road trip forever and overhears Morris’s plans. She somehow worms her way into the road trip and learns more about everyone along the way (including herself).

TERRENCE CRANE High school graduate, only 16 years old. He’s been a next-door neighbor and dearest childhood friend to Vera. He’s pretty reserved and cold to everyone (especially Morris). In fact, the only person he’s ever shown affection for (besides his grandmother) is Vera.

*VERA BERNAL College student, 19. The friendliest, sweetest person that anyone has ever known, which makes it hard for Morris to believe she ran away like everyone else says. She’s on top with school, has an all around good amount of friends, and definitely doesn’t have a problem with anybody. So why would she run away?

There are more characters on the way which include an erratic couple, a depressed young adult worrying about her depressing ex, a lonely soul, and more unidentified people.
*These three have been best friends since high school. Friendship goes deep.

EXTRA NOTES:

• Novel will be in Morris’s POV.
• Numerous flashbacks incorporated to justify Vera’s character (since she’s obviously not going to be in the novel during present-time).
• There is a playlist in progress (music is important, guys) with currently 9 songs.
• Characters inspired by characters from the manga Bleach.

:D

brianacluster
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-2-2012 at 10:40 PM

July 1-2;

For some awful reason, this July I'm extra slow with getting these words out. :-/

It could be because I haven't written much in a while. These past couple of months have been pretty...hectic to say the least. Writing was kinda the last thing on my mind. But I do have an outline that is up to chapter six and I know where the story will end. It's just the in-between stuff that's getting to me. That and description. Dialogue is my forté, description forever haunts me.

NovelNotes:
Morris says 'shit' more times than necessary. I already knew in advance he was going to have a foul mouth.
Vera and Jax are good, no complaints so far.
Ana...well, I'm not sure yet. But she is by far the best dresser of the cast!
And I adore Morris's parents. They're so lame it's cool.

My wordcount at the moment is 3,239. I figured I'll stick to the daily goals of Julno. That'll get me to 50K, no problem.

brianacluster
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-8-2012 at 08:46 AM

July 3-7;

So it's the beginning of day 8 and I am officially behind word count. I blame my friends. We were up all night into the morning doing God knows what! I came back home at noon and crashed into my bed and even then I only got a few hours in. I know it may not seem like I'm behind much, but trust me, from now it only gets worse. I'm telling you, I am the slowest writer. 3k today seems an impossible goal to reach right now. Blehhh.

In other news, I finished off chapter 6 which means I'm on my own, without an outline to guide me (and only the jumbled up ideas in my head of what I want to happen are here to help). I could continue the outline, but I don't want to fall even more behind. Ya know what I'm saying?

NovelNotes:
I like how Jax's character is coming out exactly how I want him too. He's sees how Morris is like, "uhhh" about where to begin, grabs the map*, and starts plotting points like a boss (I'm sure Morris doesn't mind, though).
The flashbacks are doing great. I find that I only insert them when needed so some chapters don't get a single one!
I love Terrence's character already. Although I think he glares too much and needs to do other things to show how impassive he is.

By the way, here's the map that's been plotted on. The blue is the main plan, pink is plan B, random yellow spots are hotels to be hit:

*I don't take this map to heart though, as I feel things are already going to get crazy way in the beginning.

Wordcount at the moment is 10,007.

[Edited on 7-8-2012 by brianacluster]

brianacluster
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-20-2012 at 09:30 PM

July 8-20;

So halfway through my novel I realized that my characters have made absolutely no progress in finding Vera. In fact, for a while it didn't seem like they bothered at all. This was around the point where I lost ideas for my novel (also the point where I got my new laptop and spent endless hours fixing it up). So I was in a rut for a while until I brought Neka and Ettore.

NEKA APACHE Gardener (Psychic), 26. She can sense what's up when she comes across people in dire need. She's a bit berserk, pretty straight forward with advice but still leaves you hanging.

ETTORE LANGDON Gardener, 26. Relaxed. Laid back. You name it. He keeps Neka cool and content or else she'll go off in a tangent. They grow weed (and tomatoes and peppers!)

*KELLI CONNELL Drifter, 21. Life got turned upside down when she was raped (got pregnant, had a miscarriage). Her ex repeatedly comes across her from time to time, getting her hopes up only to leave again. She stole Jax's wallet.
*Her ex has a pretty major role towards the end.

NovelNotes:
Kelli was actually supposed to be a waitress at one of the restaurants they would hit.
Vera's been sighted with an older guy. Suspicious, yes.
Neka and Ettore were too much fun. I wish I could bring them back! :/
Something's up with Terrence. Jax has to confront him, oh boy.

Wordcount at the moment is 31,272.

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]