Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: The Encyclopedia in Your Head
James Lovecraft
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Irony

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 6-29-2012 at 04:42 AM

* LGBTQ* - especially in relation to trans* topics, with a focus on DFAB trans* people (considering I am a trans man, I can actually give character advice here)-- I'm hesitant to talk about DMAB trans* people because I do not have the experience and I cannot speak for DMAB trans* people. I can also talk about some hormone and surgery options and results for both DFAB and DMAB trans* people.
* Depression & anxiety - this is subjective, but I do have personal experience with depression & anxiety, suicidal ideation, and self harm (as a person who has friends who have self-harmed).
* Some bands - AFI, The Dresden Dolls, Green Day, Nine Inch Nails, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Histories and lyrics.
* Comic books - specifically, the process behind comic books. From the perspective of an indie comic writer.
* Norse Mythology - I've read the Prose Edda and most of the Poetic Edda. I can talk a lot about Loki's exploits, good and bad, as well as his relations to the other Aesir.
RJA
JulNo Writer

Mood: Still in need of her summer holiday!

[*] posted on 6-29-2012 at 10:29 AM

Oh let's see:

* Dutch culture/language - Well I'm Dutch, so anything about the language, culture or whatever you might want to know about our silly little country.
* German - Not my favorite ;-) But I live near the German border and I've actually lived in Germany for a year. So I'm quite fluent in German and know quite some basics about the country/scenery. Though I'm no expert on it's politics and stuff.
* ADD/ADHD - Has been mentioned before, but another busy bee over here. Have been doing a lot of readin on it over the years, well - and my own experiences of course.
* Photography - I work as an equestrian photographer. So anything on photography or being an event photographer.
* Horses - Have got two of my own and have competed quite a lot when I was younger - damn, I'm not old yet, just busy! -. Also have I worked on a lot of (international) dressage and showjumping shows in Holland/Belgium/Germany. Another specialty; breeding and genetics.
* Music/singing - Also am I singer in several cover/party bands (weddings and stuff). Don't know much about the classical terms though.
* Soccer - Or football as we call it in Europe ^_^ Big fan/supporter and watching almost everything.
* Skiing - More sports! Used to be a fantic skier untill a couple of years ago!
* Chickflicks/movies/TV-shows - Won't name them all, but I'm addicted to moving pictures. I watch a lot of movies and TV-shows. Mostly real girly material. Romantic comedies, drama and stuff. Oh and I used to be a HUGE Buffy fan and to top that: Dragon Ball Z haha

Well, that's all I can think of at the moment. Though I tend to Google almost EVERYTHING, so yeah, random facts; I'm your go-to girl :P

Oh - and as you might have guessed; English is only my second/third language. If you see me make any mistakes repeatedly; feel free to fill me in. I'm always looking to improve my skills!
TheRadioTalkBox
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: overworked
JulNoWriMo Title: Bad Magic (II)

[*] posted on 6-29-2012 at 10:39 AM

alrighty then, let's see what sorta stuff I can supply...

> some things about metalsmithing, soldering, jewelry-making, woodworking, basic architectural info (how to draft and such), assorted kinds of sculpture (paper mache, plaster, masking tape, wire, etc), music theory (some stuff about note spacings and chords and inversions and how to write simple compositions)
> lots of things about sculpting with ceramics
> life as a pressured honors student, the college application process, etc. what it's like being in the "top" group of students and feeling the constant need to impress everyone. if you've got a nerdy honors student character or somethin. 8)
> fleamarkets, antique stores, estate sales like the back of my hand. you need random objects to find at something of the sort, I can list the ones I see endlessly. little facts and bits of info about some of the cooler, weirder stuff I've found.
> watches and clocks. I'm not very good at trying to fix them yet but real good at dismantling and I've got myself a repair book for the actual names of parts and such! I can also supply pictures of workings/parts for those who just wanna know how stuff looks. :3c
> some stuff here n there about Chicago, seeing as it's like an hour away from me. I don't know about city life specifically, as I live in the suburbs. but if you're lookin for stuff about Chicago, I've got some modern day, some historical facts I know. specifically about the 1920s because who doesn't like prohibition Chicago shenanigans.
> math stuff. I dunno why you'd want to know that. I know up to a portion of calculus though.
> poisons! I am very interested in them as means of character killings. I've got a book on poison in case a specific one needs to be searched for (and trust me, it'll say some things not mentioned in wikipedia articles). specifically my favourite is foxglove. yaaay.
> I've got some silly factoids about anything from the victorian era to like the 1920s. I can't guarantee if I'll know the specific thing you're looking for, but I may. probably not if it's political. more likely if it's related to everyday life.
> what it's like to wear a back brace for 3 1/2 years of my life. psychological affects and physical affects and results. happy things.
> uuuuhhhh...

I may add more later but at the moment I'm feeling slightly like I don't know much else that would be of interest hah.

Laugh, Foster, I'm funny!
freeform
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 6-30-2012 at 02:27 PM

History
The Romanovs. I know that sounds weird, but I was really obsessed with it a few years ago. I know birthdates, some of the family issues, where they were held, when they were (supposedly) killed, etc.

Religion-Christianity
Mainly about SDA (Seventh-Day Adventists) and the Christian head covering belief.

Diseases/Illnesses
Asthma, constipation and its side effects, etc.

[Edited on 6-30-2012 by freeform]

Foodmoon
Experienced JulNo'er

[*] posted on 6-30-2012 at 07:52 PM

Mmn.
Mostly I'm a generalist.
I have lots of stuff floating around in my head about history, geography, religion, psychology, social systems, health and medicine, war and weapons, mythology, magic, language and writing and I'm not an expert in any of it.
So, overall:
World-building basics. I'm good at catching inconsistencies, asking questions that you think you don't know the answer to but do, and offering ideas.
And names. I know lots of names and can make up more easily.
Melange
JulNo Royalty

JulNoWriMo Title: Shukugawa Monogatari

Word Count: 50414 / 50000
Word Count Start100% CompleteWord Count End

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-1-2012 at 04:35 AM

Japan & Japanese: Studying it at university. Language, customs, history, pop culture... Ask me anything and I can probably tell you something about it.

Austria & German: Lived there my entire life. Ask me anything from geography to education to language. Also, Austrian dialects vs. German spoken in Germany.

Violin: Been playing for eight years and know about different parts, techniques, music, difficulties etc.

Ancient Rome & Greece: Latin (6 years in school) and a bit of Ancient Greek (4 years) along with culture, mythology and philosophy.

Astrology: Zodiac signs, ascendant and how to interpret a horoscope.

Always keep the faith.
Alies
JulNo Writer

Mood: Awake

[*] posted on 7-2-2012 at 06:49 AM

I seem to know a lot about :

First of all I know things about the Netherlands, because I'm born and still life in it. I know about the Dutch way of studying in primary, secondary and University (BA). I know about public transport and the arrangements for those who study (for we have a free pass on certain days).

(Dutch) Language:
- I've done a literature research on how Music and Language are organised in the Brain.
- Basics from Syntax, Phonetics, Semantics
- Basics on Dialectology and Minority Languages
- Some features of Scottish (English)
- Some basics on how Welsh and Scottish Gaelic's vitality as a language (How much are those languages supported in Wales or Scotland?)
- Being Bilingual and some scientific things around it
- Some points surrounding the Frisian language
- The Dutch language itself for it's my mother tongue
- The change that seems to be going on considering the de-standardising of languages and also how standardising came to be.
- Brain disorders concerning language: TOS, Dyslexia, Aphasia. About Dyslexia I know things from experience, for I'm dyslectic myself.

Literature:
- Dutch literature. Specific books like Van Den Vosch Reynaerde, Karel ende Elegast, Gedighten voor kleine kinderen, De Engelenmaker ect. Ideas in literature from MiddleDutch till now.
- Several kinds of literature periods like Dada, Modernism, Postmodernism, The enlightenment, The Renaissance
- Some ideas in the English and American literature (e.g. Modernistic texts)

Some other stuff:
- Doctor Who
- Sherlock (BBC 2010) and some of the canon
- Working as a cashier.

[Edited on 7-2-2012 by Alies]

The Doctor: Rose... before I go, I just want to tell you: you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what? [Pause] So was I!
Dr. Nicholas Rush: For a moment there I thought we were in trouble
SweetMissEmi
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: The Rissa Book

[*] posted on 7-2-2012 at 11:32 PM

Education in general, Elementary and the Texas Education system in specific (studying to be a teacher, subbed for 2 1/2 years, instructional aide 1/2 year)
The Bible
Type 1 diabetes (PWD for 5 1/2 years), insulin pumps, Continuous Glucose Monitors, etc...
Nancy Drew
History (mostly American, some British and other European, and, of course, Texas)
Old radio programs
Language Arts

storyweaver21
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Snake Eyes

[*] posted on 7-8-2012 at 02:12 PM

Happy to answer questions about :

-Medieval weaponry and fortifications (mostly names of things, siege weapons, armor--haven't worn anything yet, but I read a lot on the subject for another project)
-Tutoring reading and writing (I worked as a tutor for three years at my community college)
-Anime (post-1990-present)
-Odd dogs (both my dogs a bit strange. One of them's blind)
-Dyslexia (subjective, my own experience growing up with it)
KathrineROID
JulNo Procrastinator

Mood: Halp
JulNoWriMo Title: undecided

[*] posted on 7-9-2012 at 01:06 PM

Homeschooling - I've always been homeschooled, and am in highschool now.
Living with those who have chronic pain - Both my mom (prayers very much appreciated) and my younger sister (who is better now, praise God) have had to deal with chronic pain.
Central Texas - Born and bred here. I'll either know or be able to easily learn the answer to most of your questions.
Judaism - That's broad. XD Depending on how denomination-specific your question is, I may not be able to answer.
Chess
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-10-2012 at 08:14 PM

I can be helpful with:

-Spanish (I am a Spaniard after all).
-Galician (I'm exactly from that beautiful land).
-Byologie in general.
-Music in general.
-Literature (Not exactly my thing, but I've got quite a lot of material in my house).
-Fandom (specially the spanish-latin american one, though I do find thing from other ones easily).
-Actually I'm quite good when it comes to find information of any kind.

[Edited on 7-11-2012 by Chess]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]