TakuyaKenzo
JulNo Writer

Mood: Demotivated and depressed
JulNoWriMo Title: Cross of Gray

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 6-18-2012 at 01:21 PM

Hello!

It's my third time sailing the JulNoWriMo seas, but I've only written (started) one novel :P I tried to continue my 2010 novel in 2011, but only managed to add around 10k to the previous 25k. This year, however, I'm going for 50k, if not more!

Also, being here in the adult section is funny, I turned 18 quite recently and all. :D

I think I'm going for YA again this year, but with a different plot. Third time's the charm, right?

Good luck to everyone!
Tatra
JulNo Writer

Mood: Shiny
JulNoWriMo Title: Prescott Dormitory

Word Count: 102201 / 50000
Word Count Start100% CompleteWord Count End

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 6-18-2012 at 01:25 PM

I suppose I should post in this thread, too, as I am an adult and will be hopefully getting a job in the fall...

Anyway, fourth time doing Julno (only '10 sucked) and I'm writing a zombie novel once more. It is gonna be awesome, XD

Zombie Writers United

Julno 14: Prescott Dormitory - when the dead show up for class the King will slowly topple.
marielaurent2221
JulNo Royalty

Mood: Excited
JulNoWriMo Title: a time for love

Word Count: 10013 / 50000
Word Count Start20% Complete80% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 6-18-2012 at 07:58 PM

Its 7:58p.m. here where i live. I hope to not be stressed throughout the rest of the day today or into the late evening, night, and early morning hours. I hope everything works out for me today.

"Why am i the only one out of this group who thinks she is nuts." - Unknown character in new novel.

"Alpha there is problems heading up north we need to check out and find out what it is." - Liam from Alpha Alliance

"Master do you need anything else i can get you or do you want me to leave you right now." Peter from Blood Bond

"Eric seems to be interested in me. I hope i can get to know him better. And not have my heart broken again." - Bella Swan from A Viking and his Shield
apollymi
JulNo Member

Mood: Roasting merrily away in the ATL
JulNoWriMo Title: The Big Damn Finishing Project, Part 2

Word Count: 50512 / 50000
Word Count Start100% CompleteWord Count End

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 6-27-2012 at 05:49 PM

This is my 6th JulNoWriMo adventure, and knock wood, it will hopefully be as successful as the other 5 have been. This year, I'm working on completing two stories... including my JulNo from 2010. (I was bad and abandoned it at 50+K, when there was still more story to tell.) I'm trying to play on the forums more this year; we'll see how that goes.

Best of luck to everyone!

06: NaNo - Untitled (5k)
07: JulNo - A New Age Dawns (51k) | NaNo - Amaranth (50k)
08: JulNo - Verdant (50k) | NaNo Ash (50k)
09: JulNo - Biscayne Beginnings (50k) | NaNo Fallen (50k)
10: JulNo - Betrueger (51k) | NaNo - Color of Life (51k)
11: JulNo - Last Waltz (51k) | NaNo - "Knickers fic" (23k)
12: JulNo - Belladonna, Utopia, etc (51k) | AugCampNaNo - Of Worlds to Fall (55k) | NaNo - Shadow World (51k)
13: AprCampNaNo - Tales of the Supers (51k) | JulNo - Untitled #026 (33k) | NaNo - Blood & Sacrifice (50k)
14: AprCampNaNo - BetrĂ¼ger, Crooked Way, etc (50k) | JulNo - Summer Dream, None So Blind, etc (?k)

Fanfiction site: DarkMagick.net
Author sites: Katherine Bell | Ellie Hicks
marielaurent2221
JulNo Royalty

[*] posted on 6-28-2012 at 06:17 PM

The time is 6:17p.m. there is nothing stressful for me today. I am in a good mood not in a bad mood today. Though i have been feeling sleepy most of the day. Hopefully i can stay awake to plan and plot my JulNo novels to write in July.

"Why am i the only one out of this group who thinks she is nuts." - Unknown character in new novel.

"Alpha there is problems heading up north we need to check out and find out what it is." - Liam from Alpha Alliance

"Master do you need anything else i can get you or do you want me to leave you right now." Peter from Blood Bond

"Eric seems to be interested in me. I hope i can get to know him better. And not have my heart broken again." - Bella Swan from A Viking and his Shield
RJA
JulNo Writer

Mood: Still in need of her summer holiday!

[*] posted on 6-29-2012 at 12:29 PM

Hi guys, I'm back for my second JulNo! Will have to finish up some last things before the summer holiday starts. But gonna write anyways (like I always do!)

Not confused wether I'm a teenager or an adult, though I like to pretend 18 every year over and over again... Oh and I'm still in college as well. Will be 'till I'm at least 27 hihi. Yup, I'm stuck in college too! -Well actually, I worked a couple of years before starting college, but still...-
bonniers
JulNo Member

Mood: can't believe I'm doing this
JulNoWriMo Title: Bones at the Beach

[*] posted on 6-30-2012 at 01:48 PM

Hi all. I've done November NaNo a bunch of times, but never July. Got an idea yesterday at the beach and will be winging it all the way.

I've technically been an adult for a long time. My kids will tell you I never managed to grow up, though.
syaffolee
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Title: Bone Mountain

[*] posted on 6-30-2012 at 04:45 PM

Hello! I've done a whole lot of write-a-novel-in-a-month things and it never gets old. I have a vague idea to use for July. We'll see how it goes.

And good luck to everyone!

RJA
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 6-30-2012 at 05:20 PM

No idea if there are any people 'from the future' on JulNo yet, but July has officially started over her, about 20 minutes ago!

Though I've had a really long day working on an event and when I got back at 7 pm I had to smash in about 5k to win CampNaNoWriMo - which I did by the way ^_^ -. But now I'm extremely tired so I'll be going to bed and I'll start writing on this darn JulNoWriMo tomorrow, when all of you have joined us in July!
alittlesas
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Dancing with Darkness

[*] posted on 6-30-2012 at 05:59 PM

Hi! This is my 2nd JulNo...I think? but I've never won. I guess to me, NaNo in any form has never really been about "winning" It's just always been a time for me to really focus on my writing. I count any amount of words as a win since it's more than I would have gotten if I didn't have NaNo to push me!

I'm doing a full summer of writing. Just finishing up CampNaNoWriMo. I didn't win but I'm being a NaNo rebel and using the full summer of writing to work on the same novel. I just want to finish it already!
thepianist2008
JulNo Writer

Mood: Ready to go!

[*] posted on 6-30-2012 at 09:17 PM

I feel weird calling myself an adult (or perhaps I don't want to...), but seeing as there are eighteen-year-olds here, I guess at twenty-two I am an adult. I'm trying to fit all this writing in between work and practice (piano), but I will prevail! At least, I will write every day. There are less than two hours left here, but I really should go to bed. I think I may do some yoga, grab a little food, then go to bed. Be up early to start writing!

...and he can do that, and she can do this, and he can react like that, and she can slap him, and he can yell at her, and then a dead body can come crashing through the ceiling... yippee! XD
EsraDede
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-1-2012 at 06:40 AM

it's my first JulNo, but I have been lurking for a long time :P I just couldn't find the right moments, but now I can. And I have a cute little story in my mind that I want to expand! Can't wait for this awesome month to develop :)
Alies
JulNo Writer

Mood: Awake

[*] posted on 7-2-2012 at 03:05 AM

Hi!
I will be graduating for my Bachelor as well. Although it will probably be around the end of August or September or something. Gladly I can still do a Master for a year. I study Dutch btw, which is my mother tongue.

Furthermore... I like to draw portraits, and obviously to write. I love British TVshows like Doctor Who and Sherlock. I'm getting into the canon of the later series (aka reading ACD's books about Sherlock Holmes) and I'm starting to get fascinated by Jeremy Brett's version of Holmes.
At the moment I'm quite bored. I had a job alongside studying at the supermarket, but I got too expensive. So I'm now looking for a new job which takes more time than I'd really want. So, after my last exam this year I'm bored out of my wits, unless I'm doing things with friends, like going to Amsterdam for shopping time and enjoying a lecture in Sherlock Holmes. But then again, I do not have plenty of money right now. So I can't keep going on spending it. So I need to find ways of entertaining myself.

JulNoWriMo is one of those ideas of entertaining myself. I was planning on doing AugNoWriMo (or CampNaNoWrimo), because I thought I had to take exams in July. But since I passed them all in June I have a whole month off (but hopefully this month will fill itself with work as well).
I've enjoyed 2010's version of it, and won. I participated with the 2011 version as well. But didn't won. I got stuck on 38k. But my biggest achievement back then was the fact that I finished two of my novels. So that's awesome enough not to see it as a failure.

I'm not sure whether I will go for the full 50k. But we'll see!

The Doctor: Rose... before I go, I just want to tell you: you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what? [Pause] So was I!
Dr. Nicholas Rush: For a moment there I thought we were in trouble
Sobriquet

Mood: Eager

[*] posted on 7-2-2012 at 08:48 AM

Hello!

This is the first time in six years I think I've felt grown up enough to come into the adults' forum, but I'm a 21 year old unemployed graduate now. Eep. I think this is my fourth attempt at JulNo (2007, 2008, 2009, 2012) but my fifth year hanging around the forums - last summer kind of got away from me. I'm looking forward to chatting to all the people I didn't get to last year.

And, of course, it's July 2nd and I still have no idea what I'm going to write, despite thinking about it on and off since March.

Good luck to everyone. :D

JulNo \'07: 59,557 words.
NaNo \'07: 52,452 words.
JulNo \'08: 53,556 words.
NaNo \'08: epic fail.
JulNo \'09: 19,949 words.
Ever since then? Eep, university.
Monkey_With_Fanta
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: In pain :(
JulNoWriMo Title: Arkanos - Memorycatcher (Book One)

[*] posted on 7-6-2012 at 07:52 AM

Greetings fellow novel-challenge takers! :)

This is my second year of taking part in JulNo. Last time was in 2010, which I used to re-write a novel I'd started before (that had died at 3,000 words. Don't ask :P)
That version died at 30,000 words.
3rd re-write was in NaNo 2010. Got to 50K then, but realised it would need another 50k before it would hit the end of plot. :P
So here I am. ^_^

Severely lagging at this point because college assignment had to get finished. But it's finished now...so have lots of fun catching up to do. :P

Nice to meet everyone! :D Best of luck to everyone! :)

PS. Just drank my coffee, going to get another one now. ;)

Please visit my blog Monkey's Fanta World!

JulNoWriMo 2012 ~ Arkanos - Memorycatcher (Book One)
RJA
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-8-2012 at 09:32 AM

Wow, I envy you for being able to rewrite, and rewrite again, Monkey_With_Fanta... I just suck and can't seem to finish simple first drafts ^_^ But good luck on adding another 50k!
RJA
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-8-2012 at 09:32 AM

Wow, I envy you for being able to rewrite, and rewrite again, Monkey_With_Fanta... I just suck and can't seem to finish simple first drafts ^_^ But good luck on adding another 50k!
Monkey_With_Fanta
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: In pain :(
JulNoWriMo Title: Arkanos - Memorycatcher (Book One)

[*] posted on 7-10-2012 at 05:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RJA  

Thanks very much for your good luck wishes. ^_^

I do understand though, because the re-writes were not easy :-/ The plot has gone through a lot of difficult (and sometimes unexpected) changes. Literally there were times when I banged my forehead on the table, with the plot stuck and no clue how to fix it, thinking *I hate this novel. Arkanos is such a pain in the (censored). I hate this novel. And it hates me!*
I think the only reason I didn't give up was because Arkanos is reeeeally close to my heart. ^_^

If it was anything else I probably would have said "ok, nothing's coming out of this. Will focus on something more meaningful". LOL! :D

Best of luck to you too this summer RJA!! And don't give up, you can make it! ;) I'll be cheering for you!

[Edited on 10-7-2012 by Monkey_With_Fanta]

Please visit my blog Monkey's Fanta World!

JulNoWriMo 2012 ~ Arkanos - Memorycatcher (Book One)
marielaurent2221
JulNo Royalty

[*] posted on 7-10-2012 at 04:20 PM

My day is going great so far, i am trying not to have no stress today which i hope to have none that is. I hope everything can work out for myself today to reach 38k soon.

moonmanmad
JulNo Writer

Mood: tired
JulNoWriMo Title: On The Yellow Brick Road

[*] posted on 7-10-2012 at 10:34 PM

Well, I've been an adult longer than most you have been alive. O.o This is my third JulNoWriMo, and most likely my third JulNoWriMo failure, but I don't care. I enjoy writing too much to let that bother me. :)
JSBulldog89
JulNoWriMo Webmaster

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 7-16-2012 at 06:27 AM

*crickets chirping*

Just thought I'd check in. It's been awfully quiet around here. How is everybody doing with their word counts?

It's just after 7am here, and I've started to send out the third pep talk! (I can only send out ~200 per hour due to web server restraints, so it usually takes me a few days to finish sending them all because I only get to send about ~800-1000 per day.) This week focuses on ways to cut out distractions - so hopefully it's useful!

Ahhhh... way too early on a Monday morning to be doing work! :)

mathie
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Balancing Act

[*] posted on 7-23-2012 at 12:59 PM

I suppose everyone's writing! Except me, as I decided to check forums, though I suppose I'm writing this post so... hm. (Also, zombies, hm, I've had a vampire and a werewolf but no zombie yet, hm.)

With respect to the Webmaster, pep is appreciated, thanks! My count (31000) feels like it's less than it needs to be if I want to conclude in a week, but we'll see what the next few days bring. This is my first time officially doing a WriMo, though I did write 50,000+ in August a couple years back and only really told half that story. Started a new one this time though.

Finally, shout out to amberzak, good luck with the training! I currently am a maths teacher. It has it's ups and downs, like any good function does.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]