Printable Version  
Author: Subject: [Comedy] A Bit of Drivel
Foodmoon
Experienced JulNo'er

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-18-2011 at 05:16 AM
A Bit of Drivel

I thought we could use this thread to post short comedic/funny scenes, or drivel that we used to drive away the dreaded Writer's Block.
Feel free to post more than one, but keep them short, okay?:D

Some Drivel…
Blue Moon, known as “The Food-Moon”

The Food-Moon seems like a harmless, entertaining being, but scholars know. They know differently. FoodMoon is the goddess of the hunt. In particular, the food hunt. Once she begins hunting, food has nary a chance.
Think that sounds funny? Think again. FoodMoon rarely eats, but when she does… When she eats, however, she eats massively, horribly, unendingly. And silently. One rarely hears her arrive or leave, but… Her depredations have caused famines. Small famines, and large famines, and famnes of epic proportions. Most people think of FoodMoon’s symbolic animal as the lowly grasshopper. But that is not true. FoodMoon’s creature is the locust. (As her symbol is the spear.) The massive and mean hordes of grasshoppers turned to locusts, and thus a plague. Grasshoppers with badass armor and a voracious appetite.
If that is not bad enough, consider what the Food-Moon considers to be food. She has been known to eat intelligent beings. Alive. It might be you. Next. So, next time you regard the Food-Moon in the sky, be aware that what you behold isn’t some child’s happy tale, but a fierce and dangerous goddess who holds your fate in her lunar hands.

Full Moon, known as “Moon of Food”

The Moon of Food, often confused with FoodMoon, is her twin brother and the light side of her darkness. The Moon of Food’s symbol is the cornucopia, and his animal is the wild turkey. Moon of Food is a kind soul, and when you see him sailing in the sky, someone, somewhere has been blessed with bounty and a poor place has enough to eat. Moon of Food is seen every month, sometimes twice a month.
But when you see a full moon twice in a row, two consecutive days, it is FoodMoon who rides there the second day, his identical twin sister. She only comes when she has missed dinner at Moon of Food’s house. He feeds her meals at the full of ever moon, just before blessing the denizens of our world. That is why he cannot bless everyone everywhere simultaneously. It is also why FoodMoon does not devastate the earth every month in her quest of devouring.
So, when you see Moon of Food in the sky, remember his generosity. And do not be selfish. Do not ask for bounty over and over and over, again and again when you have plenty. Instead, remind him not to forget to feed FoodMoon, lest some other poor souls suffer greatly for your importunance. Because someday, one of those poor souls might just be you. Thank Moon of Food often for his brotherly love to FoodMoon, for his love for her protects us all.

—by FoodMoon, -(writer, not goddess)

[Edited on 7-19-2011 by Foodmoon]
Foodmoon
Experienced JulNo'er

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-31-2011 at 02:26 AM

More Drivel

And there I sat, my word count hovering between 'thechain' above me, and 'Lave' and 'DancingDead' below me. It brought some weird and somewhat funny images to mind. So, of course, I had to change that.

Apologies to my fellow writers on this, actually. It was the middle of the night when this happened and it got me laughing, so I wrote it down so it wouldn't stick in my head and mess with my stories. It really did happen, though.
I think anyone stuck for ideas on stories could just scroll through the member-name list and come away with a dozen or more amazing ideas!:D

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]