JulNoWriMo Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
  Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: [Romance] Who are your lovers?
Evanah
JulNo Member

Mood: Anxious

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 6-27-2011 at 02:27 PM
Who are your lovers?

Hi fellow romance writers
Who are your lovers in your JulNo?
I'm taking a crack at vampire hunter and vampire because I can't get enough...

Lorelei is the current-in-line vampire hunter for the Preceptors, an organization that trains the hunters to fight vampires physically and mentally with a magical language that releases the souls of victims. She steps in line to kick beasty butt with fervor and brings her snarky attitude along with her.

Meeting Ben shakes her faith a bit - Ben is a vampire from way back when that's been in an underground stasis since his creation, hidden away by the Preceptors, his former employers, to hide something. Ben's a gamma man - all the sexy alpha and beta qualities melded together in some poor guy with an unfortunate thirst for blood and souls.

... All very tentative, but that's where I'm at now.

Happy writing!

Seeking a crit partner for vampire erotic romance (and hoping you write the same).
marielaurent222334
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: Tired
JulNoWriMo Title: A Seduction By The Book

[*] posted on 6-27-2011 at 04:46 PM

The lovers for some of my novels are for a few of the GLBTQ ones are AnnaLisa Altree/Catherine Arrington. Althea Arrow/Andromeda Amberson, Anastasia Allian/Ashley Allwood, Madison Jenson/Jessica Carlson.

Some of my other novels are Edmund/Giselle, Robin/Commander Grant, Lila/Ryan, Shelly/Ares, Moira/Tristan, Karen/Lord Thomas (Quinn),Rebecca/Anthony, Nolan Dawson/Bella Thompson. And other more lovers in my other novels that i cannot remember however these are the ones who i know are lovers or soon to be lovers as the chapters of my novels progress each day.

Proud Ink-Slinger

http://augnowriye.proboards.com/index.cgi
http://lilysfiction.blogspot.com/
"I wonder who the woman is i bumped into with my friends will i ever feel or tell my feelings to myself for my sort of love i am developing for her!" - AnnaLisa Altree from A Meeting Between Lovers.
Writing More and More, edit more and more, edit, plan more and more, rewrite, write, plan, edit some more, all within 31 days and 24 hours of July.
I'm Pro-Wrimo :) Are you?
Ender Delphiki
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: No one believes in the future.

[*] posted on 6-27-2011 at 05:26 PM

I am considering 2 possible sets. It may have a romance aspect, but I've never done one before. My story will be two-pronged: the past and the present.

Past:
"Penny" + "Master", which was originally supposed to be awful, but since she's supposed to come back confused and not want him jailed for life/killed by her dad, it may make sense to have this romance despite the 30-year age gap. She's 9-14 during this relationship and he's 42-47, which is by all means completely illegal but she doesn't know that. Part of being isolated for years at a young age is a confusing of morals. Believe me, this one can definitely be romantic even if it's not acceptable by the standards.

Present:
Katherine "Penny" Clark + Jason Miller. He was there when she was taken and he played the crucial role to keep her dad looking for her. Naturally, there are still mysteries to solve, and how better for her recovery to normal morally than a teen romance/mystery? Whether they should be romantic is... not quite decided. I'll get there eventually.

I may be a pawn, but I'm on the seventh row.
misaditas
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Title: Here Be Sky Krakens

[*] posted on 6-28-2011 at 04:12 AM

TQ&TU: Amelia Francis, mayor's daughter, and Elias Quinn, zombie slayer.
HBAK: Rowan, and Aric Bastian, airship captain (and pirate).

Website | Twitter
Ironhaven coming soon from Decadent Publishing
Evanah
JulNo Member

Mood: Anxious

[*] posted on 6-28-2011 at 04:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ender Delphiki  
I am considering 2 possible sets. It may have a romance aspect, but I've never done one before. My story will be two-pronged: the past and the present.

Past:
"Penny" + "Master", which was originally supposed to be awful, but since she's supposed to come back confused and not want him jailed for life/killed by her dad, it may make sense to have this romance despite the 30-year age gap. She's 9-14 during this relationship and he's 42-47, which is by all means completely illegal but she doesn't know that. Part of being isolated for years at a young age is a confusing of morals. Believe me, this one can definitely be romantic even if it's not acceptable by the standards.

Thanks for sharing. Whether that 'un can be romantic or not...I'll take your word for it. The mom part of me is squeaking at the thought (a shrill squeak of terror) but the part of me that had her first sex, relationship and love with someone that was about 30 years apart from her says, well maybe...

Nine just seems so young!

Happy writing!

Seeking a crit partner for vampire erotic romance (and hoping you write the same).
Cherri
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: Searching for words...
JulNoWriMo Title: Unsigned Letters

[*] posted on 6-28-2011 at 09:06 AM

-Slightly excited waving- I'm writing romance for the first time this year. I'm going for teen romance.

The romantic couple in my novel is made up of Eric Wilson and Cole Young. Both are sixteen at the beginning of the relationship, and just finishing their GCSE's at secondary school.

Eric's a football player who's still struggling to deal with the popularity which he's found at the school [which is his third] and trying to work out the pros and cons of coming out in his friendship group. Cole's the shy, nerdy boy with a couple of close friends, who's at the point where he just ignores the general bullying/picking which comes from other students. [When I say it like that, they sound like such teenage stereotypes. I swear there’s more depth to them than I make it sound.]

They start talking through a system of anonymous letters which the school sets up, form a friendship and some romantic feelings through said letters. When they eventually meet, they’re both dealing with the fact that the other person isn’t who they expected them to be.

"You people and your quaint little categories."
trilli
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Title: The Dirt

[*] posted on 6-30-2011 at 10:38 PM
July Lovers...

My MC is a history professor who moved to Canada to take a post...it was the only one open. He's a local whose family has battled evil for centuries...and she just walked straight into the biggest war of all time.

Trilli

Write here. Write now. Write on.
Niki_G
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Untitled

Word Count: 20312 / 50000
Word Count Start41% Complete59% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-3-2011 at 09:54 PM

I'm working on two stories. In the one I'm trying to finish up, I have an A&R exec and an auto mechanic with a dark past. In the one I'll start later this month (because I can't see myself needing to write another 50K on the one I'm trying to finish), I have a corporate attorney and a veterinarian.

Love Out of Order, Genesis Press, February 2010
The Davis Years, Genesis Press, February 2011
Holding Her Breath, Genesis Press, July 2011

Blog: http://lisezvous.blogspot.com
Tweet Me: www.twitter.com/nicoledgreen
youngshay112
JulNo Writer

Mood: i\'m fine, how are you?
JulNoWriMo Title: Untitled Romance

[*] posted on 7-5-2011 at 11:56 PM

In my first series, Nick and Reyonna are childhood friends. Nick works for his father-in-law in commercial real estate and Reyonna is, well, nothing specific. She's a drifter and she floats into Nick's life.

In another book, Steve is a Hollywood director who quits the West Coast for life in his Ohio hometown. His wife Anna is a stylist who goes with him, but is thinking about going right back when she finds out about the creepy tradition that bonds Steve's old neighbors and friends. Sunny is the local activist who will entice them both.
ChoKiba
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Title: The Light of Tomorrow

[*] posted on 7-6-2011 at 12:40 AM

I've got a love triangle going on right now though it might develop into something more complicated depending on the characters.

I have Crystal who is a human who should be dead but isn't. Then her two interests are Coal who is a blind guy who has all kinds of spiffy abilities and a really hard past. Then there is Leif who has no memory of who he is but has managed to get the people bothering Crystal out of her life. That's complicated enough though there is the chance of Styx or Hectate or both of them jumping in and making this even more complicated. Or Kesef for that matter :rolleyes::-/O.o

Wingman
JulNo Royalty

Mood: "Don't say its a fine morning or i'll shoot ya"-John Wayne
JulNoWriMo Title: The Conspiracy

[*] posted on 7-6-2011 at 01:52 AM

I have two romances one from a past julno another that's going to be the prequel to my nano my current julno doesn't have anything to do with the genre currently

First my julno wingman my couple Sam and Anna Pressul were basically true love at first sight that had to deal with the stress of WWI Sam was a mutant that was a draftee in to the us marines and when his secret was blown and he lost his best friend he became a deserter and at a prison camp he met Anna and so on

Now my nano the Wolf Man the prequel is about a gypsy boy that was bitten by a werewolf and exiled from everyone he knew and loved later on in the book Béla met Aurora a girl that loved him truly for who he was tho it ends in tragedy he was never happier when he was with her...

"Talk low Talk slow and don't say too much"-John Wayne

What ever you do don't forget to save Save
SAVE! AND I MEAN IT

Writers Creatures of the night
elf101
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: Good!
JulNoWriMo Title: King, Hunter and Outlaw

[*] posted on 7-6-2011 at 06:58 AM

Aryana is slightly confused as to who she is in love with. From the very first, and she still is mind you, she was in love with her friend Rayde. He's been friends with her forever. But then they got into a fight and he left and hasn't come back yet. So then she gets married to Brian. He dies. And that is really hard on her. So right now she is sleeping with this guy she barley knows Phil, and with her best friend Lithanna. (I was not planning that.) But somehow in the end she will end up with Rayde. :)
PrincessxShawn
JulNo Writer

Mood: Sleeeeeepy...
JulNoWriMo Title: Babbett, Mel Mary

[*] posted on 7-8-2011 at 11:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Cherri  
-Slightly excited waving- I'm writing romance for the first time this year.

Me too! My romance is between adults though. I've written several fanfictions but this is my first real romance that I'm building brick by brick.

Mel Mary is 26 and Mike is 28. They have a rough history because he works for the government and she accidentally messed up an undercover operation (it is actually no where near as cool as it sounds haha. He works for US Immigration and Customs). Plus she has all sorts of commitment and relationship issues thanks to abuse from her uncle when she was little. My novel is also going to be a murder mystery so Mel Mary and Mike reconnect during the investigation.

Goals for JulNoWriMo 2011:

Babbett - fantasy novel
The Murderous Misadventures of Mel Mary - murder mystery

BelltdieKatze
JulNo Member

Mood: Kind of happy... but not quite.
JulNoWriMo Title: Just One Year(working title)

[*] posted on 7-8-2011 at 12:53 PM

Ria has been with Jay for years; he's stood by her though they were going to college on different continents. He started out as a dreamer and rebel who rejected society but, for her, he's settled down. Unfortunately, now he seems to think their relationship and future can be taken for granted, and she's just too sweet on him to tell him to stop. Intervention time: someone has to tell her she can follow her dreams, regardless of what he thinks those dreams should be.
One of the toughest decisions she has to make in the course of my novel is to break up with him, if she's going to see more of the world and not settle down.

"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. "
-Oscar Wilde
Write or Die! :)

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]