JulNoWriMo Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
  Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: I just stopped by for coffee...
JezzyHatesJazz
JulNo Writer

Mood: Creative
JulNoWriMo Title: Faust in Chains

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 6-28-2011 at 02:30 PM

I actually can't drink much coffee since too much caffeine gives me heart palpitations. I'll drink soda and tea until I explode, though. And chocolate. Chocolate is a weakness. A health food store near my house has vegan chocolate which is really amazing.

Proud Ink-Slinger

I'm Pro-WriMo :) Are you?
Join the Pro-WriMo Movement at Arrow of Eloquence

mandy30
JulNo Writer

Mood: Tired, but can't...stop....writing!
JulNoWriMo Title: The Shepherdess Princess

[*] posted on 6-28-2011 at 09:54 PM

I'm actually one of those stereotypical poets that hangs out at Starbucks with her coffee, notebook, and pen. Even though I'm taking a break from poetry to work on a different genre, I have a date set to hang out with a fellow writer girlfriend to get my fix. We always carry notebooks, and pens with us wherever we go because we don't know when inspiration is going to hit.

When I can't afford Starbucks, I do make coffee at home and add sugar and creamer. International Delights Coffee House creamers has the flavor of latte I usually buy at Starbucks, so I don't really feel like I'm missing out on anything.

[Edited on 6-29-2011 by mandy30]
SianaBlackwood
JulNo Writer

Mood: Insane :)
JulNoWriMo Title: The Silver Cliffs

[*] posted on 6-28-2011 at 11:53 PM

I just love a nice big cup of coffee with sugar and milk. The coffee is usually just cheap instant stuff - it's the milk that makes it special. My family keeps goats, so we always have fresh milk available. Fresh goat's milk is the greatest :).

Random question (or maybe not so random if this is a coffee thread): Why do many instant coffee drinkers add the milk before the hot water?

"When the path seems well-lit, kill the lights and wander into darkness."
- Chuck Wendig
NaNoPlotMo | Arrow of Eloquence
marielaurent222334
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: Tired
JulNoWriMo Title: A Seduction By The Book

[*] posted on 6-28-2011 at 11:54 PM

When i am not drinking Fraps from either Starbucks or McDonalds i will be drinking one or two sodas a day and night. Then the rest just drink peach tea or water for a few hours. Because it keeps me wrting and not be dehydrated from lack of thirst and becoming really thirsty to drink a huge gulps of an ice cold drink.

Although sometimes in the morning i drink Hot Coca before doing anything in the morning with caramel creamer inside it. Along with whip cream and marshmellows. Because it helps wake me up and somewhat be warm when it is cold outside and inside the house.

I think it is the taste of the flavor of the milk in coffee before pouring hot water so when the water is poured after the milk to stir it up and start drinking it.

[Edited on 6-29-2011 by marielaurent222334]

Proud Ink-Slinger

http://augnowriye.proboards.com/index.cgi
http://lilysfiction.blogspot.com/
"I wonder who the woman is i bumped into with my friends will i ever feel or tell my feelings to myself for my sort of love i am developing for her!" - AnnaLisa Altree from A Meeting Between Lovers.
Writing More and More, edit more and more, edit, plan more and more, rewrite, write, plan, edit some more, all within 31 days and 24 hours of July.
I'm Pro-Wrimo :) Are you?
mandy30
JulNo Writer

Mood: Tired, but can't...stop....writing!
JulNoWriMo Title: The Shepherdess Princess

[*] posted on 6-29-2011 at 05:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SianaBlackwood  
Why do many instant coffee drinkers add the milk before the hot water?

I tend do to it that way, so I don't have to use a stir stick or spoon because pouring the hot water in afterward mixes the coffee, creamer, and sugar (if you don't take it black) altogether. Although, there have been rare occasions I needed to stir it with a stick or spoon anyway because the creamer didn't completely dissolve.

My writing blog: Gethsemane's Garden Paradise

http://mandysgethsemane.blogspot.com

My Lulu Storefront: http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=1002159

My friend's Storefront, which has the collaborated book "A Candlelit World": http://stores.lulu.com/sarakaybooks

"And by the way, everything is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy of creativity is self-doubt."

-Sylvia Plath

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/counter/wQtYf8G/]

[/url]
Mel
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 6-29-2011 at 03:39 PM

I really wish we had a nice, local coffee shop because I would totally be one of those lame writers who hangs out there! :P Starbucks is around.. but one is in a Target and the other one is too far for me to bother. XD

Oh well, I'll just make it at home! I got a french press recently, pain in the ass, but so much better than instant. :D
marielaurent222334
Experienced JulNo'er

[*] posted on 6-29-2011 at 07:37 PM

My dad has just recently bought coffee beans to crush them in his coffee bean maker to pour in his cup which is English Toffee, CinaBun, and Irish Cream.

which is supposed to be really good to drink mixing with water that is in a glass cup of course i will never try using them in plastic cups though.

However, those coffee flavors sound good to try as for me i drink hot coco instead of coffee. Which has liquid caramel or non liquid caramel creamer in powder. With whip cream and marshmallows with extra chocolate which is pretty good in of itself mixed with water which tastes really good.

[Edited on 6-30-2011 by marielaurent222334]

Proud Ink-Slinger

"I wonder who the woman is i bumped into with my friends will i ever feel or tell my feelings to myself for my sort of love i am developing for her!" - AnnaLisa Altree from A Meeting Between Lovers.
Writing More and More, edit more and more, edit, plan more and more, rewrite, write, plan, edit some more, all within 31 days and 24 hours of July.
Evanah
JulNo Member

Mood: Anxious

[*] posted on 6-29-2011 at 08:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JezzyHatesJazz  
I actually can't drink much coffee since too much caffeine gives me heart palpitations. I'll drink soda and tea until I explode, though. And chocolate. Chocolate is a weakness. A health food store near my house has vegan chocolate which is really amazing.

I have carob powder awaiting its transformation to brownies for JulNo :-)

Happy writing!

Seeking a crit partner for vampire erotic romance (and hoping you write the same).
Skylo_Snowfire
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-3-2011 at 04:13 PM

I love coffee and tea. I use a kettle to make my tea. But I really like iced coffees and frappes like you get at a coffee shop. But I don't like to pay 3-5 dollars for a coffee. I make specialty coffee drinks at home. Also, I don't lose time writing while driving to the coffee shop. I actually just started Julnowrimo today. Wasn't going to, but I suddenly got inspiration--may have been the coffee.
SianaBlackwood
JulNo Writer

Mood: Insane :)
JulNoWriMo Title: The Silver Cliffs

[*] posted on 7-3-2011 at 10:47 PM

I finally have real coffee in the house again! It's amazing how much more optimistic I am about July when I have a cup of coffee on the desk beside me.

"When the path seems well-lit, kill the lights and wander into darkness."
- Chuck Wendig
NaNoPlotMo | Arrow of Eloquence
TheSmith
JulNo Member

Mood: Excited!
JulNoWriMo Title: Blueberry Valley

[*] posted on 7-4-2011 at 01:04 AM

I think I should go to Starbucks and write there. Everyone seems to do it. J.K. Rowling did it, too.
But our Starbucks only has three tables. Think they'll come disturb me while I'm writing and ask me to leave when they have a cue of customers?

...man!
I'm just kidding anyway. I can't stomach coffee (although I absolutely LOVE it, it's my life-fuel) and I have to stay away from caffeine/energy drinks. Which is what I live off when I start writing a new novel. But yeah. I'm preggers. And baby isn't due until the end of July so...I'm gonna have to scrape the energy together from somewhere else.

....O.o
Oooh! Milkshake and biscuits ought to put me on a sugar rush.
Imnottelling
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Timekeeper/Balrok

[*] posted on 7-4-2011 at 01:15 AM

I'm a bit picky myself, when it comes to coffee. The only type I ever drink is the stuff I make myself on the espresso machine, with steamed whole milk and sugar. Everything else is rarely worth touching, for me at least. Better to just grab a hot chocolate.

I like a lot of teas, though. Making a huge pot of it in the winter and sipping it all morning is awesome -- it's one of the few ways I can feel warm all the way through. Not quite so fun during the summer, though.
marielaurent222334
Experienced JulNo'er

[*] posted on 7-15-2011 at 11:34 PM

For myself i think coffee tastes weird compared to putting the creamer and stuff for coffee inside hot chocolate mix inside a glass cup it tastes good. I like caramel creamer or peppermint mocha inside my hot coco because it tastes good that way including having marshmallows and whip cream for the hot chocolate as well.

Proud Ink-Slinger

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]