JulNo Member

Mood: awesome
JulNoWriMo Title: The Second Genesis

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 6-19-2011 at 10:49 PM
Hello everyone! -my intro thread-

Hi everyone! Thought I'd post an intro thread to, well... intro myself. :D

So I'm a 16 year old boy from Canada, probably insane since apparently I'm off to try and write another 50k in a month. Again. It hit me when I saw that bar: 0/50000. -shudder-

Anyway, I love God, fencing (even though I hardly fence anymore recently), writing, reading, ancient history, international relations, technology, linguistics and Korean music. You say eclectic, I say well-rounded. :P

My novel idea so far is rather vague, but it involves a colony of human children born and raised by robots on a distant planet. The children are there in case a calamity causes life on Earth to go extinct, but also to mine a rare new metal with the highest melting point known to man. The colony's affairs are controlled by two or three corporate giants back on Earth; these corporations are the few Earth entities that the colonists communicate with.

So yeah... kind of a long introduction but I guess it's an attempt to restart those November instincts to tap out whatever inane thought crosses through your mind. Anyway, seems like a great and supportive teen community you've got here; by far the most active forum on the board, to stay the least :P
Ender Delphiki
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: No one believes in the future.

[*] posted on 6-19-2011 at 11:23 PM

Great. Although there is an introductory thread for people to introduce themselves.

Your story vaguely reminds me of Avatar.

I may be a pawn, but I'm on the seventh row.
aeradyren
JulNo Writer

Mood: Pensive
JulNoWriMo Title: The Dreaming Trees

[*] posted on 6-22-2011 at 11:34 PM

I feel like being spontaneous and friendly, so I'm going to borrow your intro thread. I am an 18 year old girl from New York, and this is my first attempt at writing 50,000 connecting words. I have, however, been trying to write a novel for years (and I actually plan to use the same plot and characters that I developed when I was six, albeit adjusted for trivial things like logic, originality, and diction - I can't get away with calling a world Friendship Land anymore, can I?). I am already so excited to see a huge community of writers on this website. I feel even more at home than I did when I discovered the world of fanfiction.

Good luck everybody! I look forward to talking to other authors about their stories...and I also look forward to breaking out of my nervous shell when it comes to discussing my own story :D
Tina
Super Moderator

Mood: Ain't Lonely

Word Count: 50021 / 50000
Word Count Start100% CompleteWord Count End

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 6-23-2011 at 03:07 AM

Welcome to JulNo, picnick!

Please use the thread (here) Ender linked to for your introduction. Thank you~ :)

~ ♥ ~

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]