JulNoWriMo Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
  Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: [Romance] Favorite Romance Novels!
PrincessxShawn
JulNo Writer

Mood: Sleeeeeepy...
JulNoWriMo Title: Babbett, Mel Mary

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 6-17-2011 at 12:07 PM
Favorite Romance Novels!

So who is your favorite romance writer? Any favorite specific type (western, modern day, etc)?

I haven't read a whole lot of actual romance novels but I am definitely interested in reading more! I need some recommendations! :)

I'm currently reading Beloved Embrace by Cassie Edwards that I bought at a garage sale. I'm about halfway through and it's pretty good so far.

Goals for JulNoWriMo 2011:

Babbett - fantasy novel
The Murderous Misadventures of Mel Mary - murder mystery

okira
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 6-17-2011 at 03:45 PM

Over the past few years I have become addicted to romance novels, of all varieties. I don't know if I could give you a favorite but here are some of the authors that I've come to really enjoy. Nora Roberts, Johanna Lindsey, Janet Dailey, Linda Lael Miller, Stephanie Laurens, Jennifer Blake, and Jane Feather. Together they cover everything from western to historical to paranormal to fantasy, and more. There are also the young adult authors L J Smith, P C and Kristin Cast, and Cassandra Clare that I really enjoyed and they are all supernatural vampire type works, but still romance.

I've found that thrift stores offer a great variety of romance novels for very low prices. I'll have to see if that Cassie Edwards book is carried at my library, I like the title. Oh, just a little FYI, don't pay attention to the covers on the books. Usually they are just cheesy and sometimes have no relevance to the story being told.
marielaurent222334
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: Tired
JulNoWriMo Title: A Seduction By The Book

[*] posted on 6-17-2011 at 05:48 PM

my favorite series is by both author's which i also will like to recommend one is the Magic Series by Cheyenne McCray , and the Other World series by Christine warren.

Both series has paranormal but the magic series has faerie and demon magic but has romance in it and the other world series has creatures from the other world mating with humans or finding their human mates. However, it also has romance in the series too, which both are pretty good authors for both of their own series!

the first book of the Magic Series is called Forbidden Magic

The other one which is one of the ones for the Other World series is called Wolf At The Door, which both books are pretty good, but there is also the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris.

Which has romance, but also has the paranormal fantasy type like vampires werewolves and fairies. along with shape shifters that are in love with humans including the main character Sookie Stackhouse herself.

This is my third favorite author with her series and the first book to the Sookie Stackhouse Series is called Dead until Dark i think but the books were really good that they made it into a TV show called True Blood on HBO just in case anyone is interested!

Proud Ink-Slinger

http://augnowriye.proboards.com/index.cgi
http://lilysfiction.blogspot.com/
"I wonder who the woman is i bumped into with my friends will i ever feel or tell my feelings to myself for my sort of love i am developing for her!" - AnnaLisa Altree from A Meeting Between Lovers.
Writing More and More, edit more and more, edit, plan more and more, rewrite, write, plan, edit some more, all within 31 days and 24 hours of July.
I'm Pro-Wrimo :) Are you?
youngshay112
JulNo Writer

Mood: i\'m fine, how are you?
JulNoWriMo Title: Untitled Romance

[*] posted on 6-18-2011 at 09:15 PM

The Measure of a Lady by Deanne Gist. I'm a heathen, and she's described as Christian romance (no freaky stuff, and heroines who pray on their problems), but I still enjoyed it. The man was hot, the romance was sweet, the historical details were good but not "look at me, I did research!"

And "Enchanted Desire" by Marylyle Rogers. I had to search to find the name of the book but I definitely remember the characters, the scenes, even the minor characters.

It's funny I seem to love historical romances but have no desire to write them.
elizabeth;
JulNo Member

Mood: Worried
JulNoWriMo Title: Be With Me

[*] posted on 6-18-2011 at 09:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by youngshay112  
The Measure of a Lady by Deanne Gist. I'm a heathen, and she's described as Christian romance (no freaky stuff, and heroines who pray on their problems), but I still enjoyed it. The man was hot, the romance was sweet, the historical details were good but not "look at me, I did research!"

And "Enchanted Desire" by Marylyle Rogers. I had to search to find the name of the book but I definitely remember the characters, the scenes, even the minor characters.

It's funny I seem to love historical romances but have no desire to write them.

Deanne Gist is a really good romance writer. I read Maid To Match by her and it was wonderful. Hm, anything by Karen Witemeyer is wonderful. It is historical romance. Oh, and my favorite adventure/ romance book is East by Edith Pattou.
PrincessxShawn
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 6-20-2011 at 10:59 PM

Oooh these all sound good!

As I am getting farther in Beloved Embrace by Cassie Edwards it's getting more ridiculous. I don't know if I would still recommend it to someone. Maybe it's just me but her main character is an absolute idiot and seems really cliche. It bothers me a lot when she's like "Oh no, why is this happening?" and I wanna scream at her "Um because you were stupid enough to walk off at night into the forest that you know is surrounded by angry and killer Native Americans, Mexicans, and most likely pirates. What were you expecting to happen? You got lost? GEE, WHAT A SHOCKER."

Plus the romance is really repeated. Guy comes, they do the deed, he leaves for some reason. Literally the next page would read, 2 months have gone by. He returns, they do the deed in almost the exact same written language, he leaves again. I'm honestly getting bored! There are some really cute parts though, don't get me wrong. But for being 500 pages (I have 150 left) I want to know what happens, but at the same time I wanna stop reading!!

Babbett - fantasy novel

Evanah
JulNo Member

Mood: Anxious

[*] posted on 6-27-2011 at 04:22 AM

Hi fellow romance readers
My favorite romance author is MaryJanice Davidson. A close second, Morgan Hawke. I love to read paranormal works. I tend to write paranormal erotic romance myself, so these authors are no surprise as my favorites.
I'm interested in reading more of these authors y'all mention. Will add them to my list of authors to check out if/when I ever drag myself over to GoodReads! (The GoodReads app is just setting on my iPhone, unused...)

Happy writing!

Seeking a crit partner for vampire erotic romance (and hoping you write the same).
PrincessxShawn
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-8-2011 at 11:22 AM

I completely forgot about another author whose romance books I love. I really enjoy the early Janet Evanovich novels before she started the Stephanie Plum series (although I love those books too). I've read all of them and there really isn't one that I dislike :)

Babbett - fantasy novel

ChoKiba
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Title: The Light of Tomorrow

[*] posted on 7-8-2011 at 12:05 PM

I love anything by Lynn Kurland. And honestly Johanna Lindsey is a close second along with Miss Christine Feehan and Sherrilyn Kenyon.

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]