JulNoWriMo Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
  Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: [Fantasy] What are you writing?
MaraMoser
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: The Kinlan Roulette

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 6-26-2011 at 04:42 PM

Yay, I love reading everyone's ideas :)

I intended this novel to be the most fantasy-esque thing I'd ever written, but alas, I cannot keep the freaking aliens out of my writing. At least this time they are only mentioned as part of the past, because they got in an apocalyptic war with humans and all that jazz. I have the feeling they are going to come back, somehow, with their mysterious alien ways, and make themselves important to the plot.

Basically it's about a girl who invented a killing machine that made her famous because it helped the government control their severely overpopulated society. She's been given a nice life because of her invention, but then she is blamed for a crime against the government (that her best friend/bodyguard actually committed). She disguises herself and flees to the outskirts of society where she falls in with people who are actively working against her invention and has to make some tough decisions about betraying the government that has provided for her, etc etc., conflict and character development will hopefully ensue.
Nightsong
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: Meh (Should be writing)
JulNoWriMo Title: Synth Spells

[*] posted on 6-28-2011 at 07:23 PM

Realize I started this thread, and now I've changed my novel idea. New one is described in my progress report, at http://forum.julnowrimo.com/viewthread.php?tid=1709. It's same world as my other idea, but vastly different story.

JulNo '12 - Synth Spells

I'm great at managing my time, I just don't have enough of it.
-Anwyn
glockenspielmonkeys
JulNo Member

Mood: The carpal tunnel will be so great that it will alleviate traffic congestion, opening up an entire extra lane in the interstate.
JulNoWriMo Title: Tygre

[*] posted on 6-29-2011 at 07:59 PM

I'm not exactly sure where my plot is going but so far it's going to be set in a land where if a person is born with magic, they have to tell the king and the king basically owns them. My main character is going to be a teenage girl who lives on a farm with her mother and her brother. The main character is going to have magic, but before that shows up her brother is going to join the king's guard (army) to earn money for the family (their father died in the guard a long time ago, no income there.) If I post any more it's going to spoil the entire thing, so that's all you get for now, hehe.

[Edited on 6-30-2011 by glockenspielmonkeys]

LadyWater
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Birdcage

[*] posted on 6-29-2011 at 11:22 PM

I know how my story starts, and I know how my story ends! But it involves a teenage writer whose creation comes to life. I've been reading too much manga and K-drama so yes, it'll take place in high school and her creation is going to be a super-badass art thief.

It'll be horrible, but I think I need to get it off my chest. :)
glockenspielmonkeys
JulNo Member

Mood: The carpal tunnel will be so great that it will alleviate traffic congestion, opening up an entire extra lane in the interstate.
JulNoWriMo Title: Tygre

[*] posted on 6-29-2011 at 11:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by LadyWater  
I know how my story starts, and I know how my story ends! But it involves a teenage writer whose creation comes to life. I've been reading too much manga and K-drama so yes, it'll take place in high school and her creation is going to be a super-badass art thief.

That actually sounds really interesting. I like the super badass art thief idea. Sounds very exciting (that is a lame word compared to what I was actually looking for, but it's late and my brain isn't functioning.)

SianaBlackwood
JulNo Writer

Mood: Insane :)
JulNoWriMo Title: The Silver Cliffs

[*] posted on 6-30-2011 at 08:35 AM

Quote: Originally posted by glockenspielmonkeys  

That actually sounds really interesting. I like the super badass art thief idea. Sounds very exciting (that is a lame word compared to what I was actually looking for, but it's late and my brain isn't functioning.)

Was the poor girl playing 'corrupt-a-wish' in WriYe when her character came to life?

"When the path seems well-lit, kill the lights and wander into darkness."
- Chuck Wendig
NaNoPlotMo | Arrow of Eloquence
CritterPoor
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 6-30-2011 at 09:42 AM

My story will definitely end up being a fantasy. Why? Because it's cool and I love it. I'm writing the story I can never find when searching for a new book. It's going to have A Chosen One (or maybe 2), it will have a little magic, it will have mystical creatures. it will not have elves, but it might have a unicorn. I love unicorns.

As you can tell, I have no idea what my story is really going to be about, just that it is going to use elements that I hold dear to my heart. maybe

Yes, I did wait until 6/30 to decide to do JulNo. Allons-y!
syaffolee
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Title: Bone Mountain

[*] posted on 6-30-2011 at 11:13 AM

Well, I decided to do another idea instead of the first one I proposed at the beginning of the month. It's still a fantasy though--I'm following some characters who are personifications of the Major Arcana. They have to save the world or at least just Vegas.

p1r4t3g1rl
JulNo Member

Mood: creative
JulNoWriMo Title: Violet Blues

[*] posted on 6-30-2011 at 11:26 PM

My story in 15 words or less:

"A vampire, a witch, and, a chef, battle the underworld to keep their club open."
PhiChisym
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Royal Revenge / The Memories of The Argilus

[*] posted on 6-30-2011 at 11:54 PM

Well, I'm not quite sure what I really want to dive into this year. JulNaNo is a first for me, but I'm very comfortable in NaNo. Yet, with work and school starting to hit me up side the head, I'm not quite sure which story I want to work out.

I have several successful RPs that I've fostered, some that has lasted for about three years, and a few that are still running. Two of them, in paticular, have been given to me to reconstruct into novels/graphic novels.

Battle for the New World is a steampunk fantasy involving mutations and the fight for independence. It's plot has caused me, and my RP group, problems, but we hashed out something wonderful between the charries - so we don't want to give up on this piece.

Royal Revenge is my fantasy romance. A princess hides in a nearby village, portraying a successful restaurant, inn and pub, in order to hide from the son of a tyrant king who stold her kingdom and killed her parents. When the prince and entorage is stranded in town, the princess takes this opportunity to seek the revenge her heart longs for - she just never expected to fall in love with him.

And Shadows in the Light of Darkness is a series of three volume, each volume holding three books. The first volume is in the editing stage and the second volume is being ran as an RP. I'm taking the first volume and rewriting/editing/illustrating. It is a -vampire - story. NO! No Twilight remake here. These vampires are not like the typical stereotypical vamps. The story is about the world's recognition of this new - evolved - vampire, and how two of vampires learn of how their lives are twisted in an confusing battle between the vampires of the new wolrd, and the Alphas of their kind. It pulls from the the historic, the biblical, and the third world beliefs of vampirism. Not the New World concept of such. I might work on this one for this month, for the first three books need a lot of work.

Harvesting War, The Crowning, and Protecting Curses are the first three books in the first volumn. They are mostly about the revealing of the new breed of vampires, and the discovery of our group of charries and what they will be getting into just to avoid a mountain of problems - from the world, form their kind, and from each other. In the end, a portion of a secret is revealed when the key to the whole is stolen.

Again, might just continue to work on that one this month.
goblingirl
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-1-2011 at 09:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Agent Double Oh Zero  
I am sort of cheating the system, and writing a story about what goes on behind the scenes of stories. :-D My story is set in Storyland (I have yet to think of another name, but it's been so long this one's starting to stick). This is the construction zone where farmers breed plot bunnies, characters are born and long to be real people...where stories are created. It is ruled by the Narrator, who ensures that all loose ends are tied, and that all stories end in a timely manner, and who controls plot holes, etc. But then the evil Ineffable Wizard decides that he wants all the stories for himself; he imprisons the Narrator, and takes over. He enslaves the characters, forcing everyone to be a character in his own personal epic. Chaos reigns. Plot holes abound. Unsupervised, plot bunnies breed out of control, and turn into vicious savage beasts that eat people. Droves of undeveloped, flat characters form armies of Mary Sues and...whatever the male versions of Mary Sues are called. Authors tear their hair out and panic, and the Muses, once the fount of inspiration, despair and flee, abandoning the Authors.

Oh yes, and there's a real Writers Block.

It is up to a gang of misfit characters, along with a very unique Mary Sue, to rescue the Narrator, and find the Magical Maguffin, a magical object which will ostensibly fix everything.

If it's not already too late...

Title: But That Wasn't In the Book!

I so want to read that. Like I would buy that book and love it forever. Also, I love you forever for using the word "Ineffable". (Oh! And guy Mary Sues are called a variety of things. I usually use Gary Stu in the interest of rhyming, but I've heard Gary Lou and Marty Sam used as well.)

Anyway, Skinless goes like so: University with awesome butlers. An apprentice Butler, Oleander, gets her skin stolen and is pushed out between the worlds. She gets advice from Udide, the spider god-artist, and goes on to steal a skin from the Skin Caravan. Unfortunately, she steals from Mila, who has some pride/self-esteem issues and goes after her. They travel around separately for a bit, getting into all kinds of between-the-worlds supernatural trouble. Eventually, Mila catches up and discovers she can't pull the skin off of Oleander because it's the only skin Oleander has. So instead she brings Oleander back to the Caravan with her. Or tries. It's a long journey because the Caravan moves around, so they end up being friends eventually, and after a series of incidents Mila realizes she can't force Oleander into anything. Oleander chooses to go with Mila anyway, and when they finally catch up to the Caravan there are some fun misunderstandings (for example, about 90% of the Caravan's folk assume they're a couple. They're not. Yet, anyways xD) And then epic things happen which I can't tell you with spoiling the ending xD

But there's no sense crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
And the Science gets done.
And you make a neat gun.
For the people who are still alive.
twindelphine
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Eternity Cycle Prophecies: Dawn

[*] posted on 7-2-2011 at 09:05 PM

I have been planning to write my story for a long time, but have not been doing so. So I guess this is the time to start, or else I'll regret later.

My story project is F.I.R. - Fantasy In Reality. It's a mix of action, mystery and fantasy with a tint of realistic theme.

Elizabeth Anne Ensley
JulNo Member

Mood: Tired

[*] posted on 7-4-2011 at 10:17 AM

I'm writing fantasy. I suppose, magical realism would be the best description. Not entirely sure, though; magical creatures, magic-as-local-tech, and so forth. Although granted, there will be some interior, as well as exterior, plumbing, depending on caste and class, and local economies.

Regards,
Elizabeth Anne Ensley
Cherriey
JulNo Member

Mood: Day-dreamy
JulNoWriMo Title: The Chakil

[*] posted on 7-4-2011 at 01:15 PM

I really don't do much planning when it comes to wrimos. I just took a vague idea of mental communication and have been expanding it. I have a couple of ideas that have grown out of that since I have started writing on the first. Who knows where it will end up by the thirty-first!
Nightblood
JulNo Member

Mood: Tired
JulNoWriMo Title: Poisoned

[*] posted on 7-4-2011 at 09:14 PM

My story is about a red wolf named Nightshade, who lives in a great pack and has a fairly nice life, until her sister Frost becomes convinced that she's from the pack's prophecy, destined to kill evil. After Frost's horrible accident in attempt to 'fulfill the prophecy', everything takes a turn for the worst. Her father turns up murdered in the night, after her dream about his murder. Fellow pack members injured, and her own mate ruthlessly killed by an unknown murderer. If that's not enough, something strange is happening to Nightshade-- a powerful, dark rage, controlled by something that might not be so normal. It drives her to the point to killing one of her own packmates. Exiled and hunted by her pack, she is forced to find a way to fight the darkness that is slowly taking control of her, avoid being killed, and find a way to save her former pack from being taken over.
Sky Arturi
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Selena

[*] posted on 7-10-2011 at 09:15 AM

Mine is about a small-town girl who finds out she's a witch, and the daughter of a dead witch, on her 16th birthday. Her aunt comes and tells her the story, and then they have to save the town using witchcraft.

The last girl without tattoos

Emma Sky Arturi
ErickEskimo
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-12-2011 at 07:00 PM

My story is a contemporary fantasy. It's about three (three main characters seems to be the average number) kids who somehow make it to Atlantis and get sucked into a civil war.

I originally tried this in a different time - that time being NaNo two years ago, like with wooden ships and all, but the language was too formal and I know nothing about ships then. xD

I'm kinda suffering from making my plot too simple and move too fast. So I'm slowly turning it, at the end, into more of a dealing with life type story.
LadyWater
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Birdcage

[*] posted on 7-18-2011 at 01:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SianaBlackwood  
Quote: Originally posted by glockenspielmonkeys  

Was the poor girl playing 'corrupt-a-wish' in WriYe when her character came to life?

I looked up WriYe and I was like, "Oh, God, what hell is this?"

But now that you've mentioned it, I might have to make her an account on WriYe.

And my plot has developed! It turns out her MC isn't the only thing that's alive. the MC makes a living stealing a specific artist's works because they're evil and blah blah blah, and now they're appearing in my MC's world. And it's a bit of a love triangle because my MC loves her MC, but her MC loves this other girl that she created in her book. Who will come alive. And make things messy.

This is getting kind of Inception-esque.

@ErickEskimo

Atlantis! I've always wanted to write a story about Atlantis.
Fantasia
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-19-2011 at 12:12 AM

I wonder if I can make it...With the snail's pace writing I mean...Anyway the kinda story is that this fantasy hero is going for a big corporation that provides job for wizards...He fails the interview though but more an more he ponders on the questionnaire... more and more he suspects of the corporation and doubt that something fiendish going on... Ofcourse there are dragons, friends and antagonist and all the usual ingredients... Let's see if I am honest enough to make this one real...Wish me luck :rolleyes:
Negasi
JulNo Member

Mood: Satisfied
JulNoWriMo Title: JulNoWriMo Novel 2011 (No Official Title As Of Yet)

[*] posted on 7-19-2011 at 12:19 AM

Right now it's just an Orc Sergeant uncovering the human's plans to infiltrate and clear the caves of orcs, which is their homes. They don't want to go back underground, so this orc is going to lead one heck of a rebellion against humans!
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]