Author: Subject: What are you writing?
writerhorse
JulNo Writer

Mood: excited
JulNoWriMo Title: Battered Brown Envelope [maybe]

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 6-27-2011 at 06:29 PM

Mine sound so boring in comparison to everyone else's because I don't write fantasy or science fiction. My influences are more people like Salinger and Hunter S Thompson. There'll be hallucinations in mine but not really fantasy.

It's a piece of literary fiction about a very lonely and boring girl called Ariane who goes to stay with her aunt she's never met and meets someone who changes her perspective on everything. It's probably going to be boring as hell but if Salinger could do it, so can I haha... or not.

JulNoWriMo 2011: Battered Brown Envelope - 0/50,000

Journal

Iheartwriting
JulNo Member

Mood: wish I had more words......AGH!
JulNoWriMo Title: Letters to Naomi

[*] posted on 6-28-2011 at 04:49 PM

Every idea here sounds interesting, hope I can read them all someday :D

Mine is going to be a book about a boy named Ryan who gets an e-pal named Naomi. They become friends and after a while, her father dies in a car crash. She writes to Ryan saying she is so depressed that she wants to kill herself. Then, one day when Ryan checks MSN there is breaking news about a girl named Naomi who committed suicide a month after her father's death. He doesn't know what to do, and he still has one more e-mail from her......
lol I suck at descriptions :P
elf101
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: Good!
JulNoWriMo Title: King, Hunter and Outlaw

[*] posted on 6-28-2011 at 05:28 PM

Mine doesn't have a very good summary right now, I have to work on it. :) Its the sequel to a book called Monster that I finished in May. Its called In the Valley of Shadow. Its about a girl named Aryana, she was once a trained murderer who ran away from her trainers. Now she's in charge of a rebellion against her former trainers.
Annymosa
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 6-30-2011 at 08:12 PM

My story is about two boys in Corner Brook, Newfoundland. Combine the naive with the bored newcoming troublemaker and you've got a mess. The tiny town's only school is on fire and two boys are missing - fleeing on a raft across the coast. Sadly, their poor geographical knowledge ends up setting them all alone on a journey across the ice cold North-Atlantic Ocean, and soon the story takes a much more psychological and grotesque turn...
Shadowcat_11
JulNo Member

Mood: Fascinated...and amped!
JulNoWriMo Title: The Tales of Linnea

[*] posted on 6-30-2011 at 09:52 PM

I just came up with my story today--but then again, I just found this site today. xD

A girl from a small town suddenly develops extraordinary powers; unfortunately, small towns are notorious for their prosecution of anything deemed "extraordinary"or "unusual". The only choice that seems clear to her at the time is escape, so escape she does. But as her ability carries her into a new life, it also begins to open her eyes, and soon she's faced with a question-- what is this power turning her into? What is she becoming?
HollyShort9
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Locket in a Pocket

[*] posted on 7-2-2011 at 04:58 PM

Reading all of you guys' plots makes me wonder if I should even post mine. xD It's really kind of stupid when I think about it, and I'm not good at describing plots anyways...

[Edited on 7-2-2011 by HollyShort9]

I don't want a fairytale like Cinderella - I'd rather write and dance my own stories.
IsCarson
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Pursuit

[*] posted on 7-3-2011 at 05:37 PM

Hmm mine is sorta complicated. It's about a girl named Emily. She's bitten by a demon after an immortal officer is sent to investigate a string of murders near her boarding school. She's taken to the immortal capitol to recover. While she's there, the immortal king falls in love with her and finds that she isn't who she thinks she is.

Everyone else's sounds interesting!
TheChainAlchemist
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: When All Else Fails...

[*] posted on 7-3-2011 at 07:06 PM

All these plots sound interesting!!!

Mine's a Hetalia fanfiction. Basically, what happens is that one day Prussia, Japan, and Italy find out that Germany's fallen into a coma, but this is an unusual coma that may have something to do with 'ancient' history. So Italy's got to find answers to the questions that have come with Germany's coma, but they lead to an unexpected meeting.

I'm not expecting it to be 50k, though, but I've got another idea lined up in case that happens.

NaNo 2010: Birth of Summers ~ Completed
JulNo 2011: When All Else Fails... ~ N/A
NaNo 2011: The Memories of the Universe ~ N/A
lily.catherine
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Little Red

[*] posted on 7-3-2011 at 10:59 PM

These all look interesting! and writerhorse, don't worry, mine isn't fantasy either.

Although there are elements of magical realism in it, it's not the latin-influenced, neatly-archetyped stuff like Marquez or Allende. Actually, it isn't like that at all, just part of the idea is the same--things that aren't 'possible' happen in a small town and most accept it as normal.

Anyways, it's about a girl who flies to another country because she's unsatisfied with the life of a student that she leads in a big city. She gets on a train (in a place that's probably England--I never say it, but it's based on it largely) and doesn't have any idea where she'll be getting out. She meets a man with a dog on the train who also doesn't have any luggage and who has a head of bright red hair despite seeming very elderly. She becomes friends with him and decides to get off at his stop after he tells her that the drawings in her sketchbook look remarkably like a small girl who lives there. Main Character finds space to live with the young mother of the girl from her sketches--whom they call 'Little Red' because of the outfit she always wears. Man that MC met on the train becomes 'The Shopkeeper' who is apparently well-known throughout certain circles and brings his own kind of 'magic' to the place. Things happen, etc. etc.

I actually have it all planned out this time! I'm very excited :)
TenthWeasleyWriter
JulNo Member

Mood: Anxious

[*] posted on 7-4-2011 at 12:15 AM

I'm taking the easy route (for me) and beginning my second Harry Potter fan fiction novel. The first was written in a span of about eight months, though, so let's hope I can write something readable in a fraction of that time!

Basically, it includes MFC who is friends with the Marauders and has had a long-standing crush on Severus Snape. She helps James stop Snape from going into the Shrieking Shack when Sirius tries to trick him and they end up talking, etc. I can't say a lot here, especially because if everything goes as planned, it's only going to be part one in a trilogy of novels, so the first one might sound boring without the rest to back it up.

Regardless, I am very excited to see if I can do this, and I'll have fun in the attempt!
Tina
Super Moderator

Mood: Ain't Lonely

Word Count: 50021 / 50000
Word Count Start100% CompleteWord Count End

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-4-2011 at 05:40 AM

I'm writing a novel titled Malignant Culture: it's about an anti-social college student -- who not even his peers and lecturers can remember the name of after eight months in their class -- who becomes involved with making adult videos when he wants to make money fast to spend over summer break. However, one accidentally gets aired on the national six o'clock news and, naturally, chaos ensues.

I just want to write something silly and light-hearted this summer. :)

[Edited on 4-7-2011 by Kristina]

~ ♥ ~
Tsorin
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: The Origins of the Beast

[*] posted on 7-4-2011 at 08:24 PM

My plot started as a variation of Beauty and the Beast. Except Beauty is very male (and also named Lucien). And the Beast has never been human. And there's some ridiculously powerful, bored preteen running things in the background. So yeah.

Friends are like toasters; if you push them down the stairs, they won't make you toast anymore.
Aci L Fox
JulNo Member

Mood: Cryptically hyper
JulNoWriMo Title: Rampant, Wildfire (working title)

[*] posted on 7-5-2011 at 06:48 PM

Everyones' plot sounds really interesting...

I spent the first two days deciding which story I should write - I chose the one where my MC spent six months in a juvie centre and was busted out by his best friend and old teacher. About a third into the story it turns out that the six months was really six years but he only has six months of memories. So... it's kind of rough and dodgy, but I didn't want to spoil anything ;)
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]