Author: Subject: What are you writing?
cheyenne.r.trumbo
JulNo Royalty

Mood: La Dee Dah

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 5-25-2011 at 10:29 PM
What are you writing?

Saw a thread like this in a Adults procrastination area, so I figured I'd put it out here as well. Because, well, I am curious, and not a cat, therefore it should not harm me any.

I'm doing a piece of fiction that is yet to be titled, because I just have no clue what to call it. If you would like to help me in this titling endeavor, please, U2U me.

So. What are YOU writing?

cheyenne.r.trumbo
JulNo Royalty

Mood: La Dee Dah

[*] posted on 5-25-2011 at 11:52 PM

I'll go into more detail on my JulNovel....

It's set on the planet Earth. But an Earth where magic is a common thing. The world progressed much like our own, but magic replaced the need of wires when it comes to electricity. Weapons were still created, by those without magic, of course. The wars still happened much like in reality. However, seven generations before the novel begins. World War 3 broke out after 60 years of world peace.

During the war, an unspeakable horror was unleashed. (See my prophecy/creation story here |Will Link to it later|).

Mankind's savior, a man by the name of Daniel, immediately set to recreating a place where they could live. He created a military, to keep people in line. He created strict laws, with even stricter punishments.

We come into the tale after seven generations. All have forgotten that the Lord King is their savior, and now view him merely as a tyrant. In the novel we will see the Rebels plot to take the Lord King out be unfurled and finally implemented. We will see the Lord King's preemptive measures.

(I shall stop, or risk spoiling the end).

Arianwen_Skyfeather
JulNo Royalty

Mood: Mostly dead
JulNoWriMo Title: Senachae Awakens

Word Count: 51031 / 50000
Word Count Start100% CompleteWord Count End

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 5-26-2011 at 09:33 PM

So I'm trying to finish this idea I started two years ago.

There is a group of assassins that kill things with magic. This generally means dragons, wizards, unicorns, and pegasi (plural of pegasus, I'm going with that until I find out what other people call it). They also go after witnesses and do not like anyone being left alive to brag about how they survived. Deaths are usually gruesome, and I've discovered that the current leader enjoys using fire.

They track down a witness at the beginning of the story, and her two children barely make it out of the house alive. Of course, this means that if the assassins find out they're alive, things will be bad.

So their mother's friend, a healer by the name of Rowan, is attempting to take them to somewhere where the assassins will never find them. They also meet up with one of Rowan's friends, Griffith, who they know absolutely nothing about, and he doesn't give away any info either.

That's about all I've got so far. It's not planned out, so I have no idea where it's going. I tend to let my characters drive. This usually involves a lot of traffic jams and wrong turns. But hey, it's fun!

Bleu
JulNo Member

Mood: confused XD
JulNoWriMo Title: The Difference Between Living and Existing

[*] posted on 5-30-2011 at 05:30 PM

Y'alls ideas sound awesome!

Mine is about a girl who has an imaginary friend who is slowly killing her. Driving her to the point of wanting her to kill herself, I mean. Always behind her making negative comments on the things she does and bringing her down constantly. Just being abusive. That's about all I have so far.
It's really strange but its based on something that happened to me a while ago. @_@
*is somewhat insane*
rowena
JulNo Procrastinator

[*] posted on 5-31-2011 at 02:38 PM

That sounds like a really cool idea, Bleu! All of y'all's ideas sound really cool :)

I think I'm going to go with writing about a girl who is deposited from a world where she is very pampered (I haven't quite worked that part out yet) into a world where everyone lives in almost mini-cities, large buildings and fortified outdoor areas where everything they need is contained. Everyone has to learn to fight and have another useful skill, because the rest of the land is filled with hostile non-human creatures who invaded from they-don't-know-where.

At first she's just getting used to living there, but then it turns out that the creatures are planning a major attack because someone is gathering them all together. There's also going to be a betrayal and at some point the MC is going to be transported back to her own world and a) realize she doesn't belong there anymore and b) figure out how to get back to help her friends fight. I haven't exactly worked all of that out yet because I don't really plan out ahead of time...but I should probably do that :P
dani.pink.cloud
JulNo Royalty

Mood: SO STOKED.
JulNoWriMo Title: Untitled

[*] posted on 6-7-2011 at 07:17 PM

Everyone's ideas sound pretty awesome! Good luck with planning (or pants'ing :P) your JulNovels! Bleu, yours sounds especially awesome/trippy/generally cool. Not that everyone else's don't. Just....anyway.

Mine's a genre I haven't tried before, but it involves two young FBI agents who are partnered up involuntarily. They end up discovering that they actually have a lot in common (I can't tell you what, that would spoil it :) ), to say the least. It's one of these really frustrating relationships for the reader, where everyone except them wants them to get together.
Anyway, the point is that they're stuck together as they work on a huge case involving international terrorism. The pressure's on. And just when they think they've caught their terrorist (because they know it's just one person, not an organization), HUGE PLOT TWIST. XD

I'm stoked. XD

You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.
the girl in the mirror
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 6-7-2011 at 07:33 PM

Mine is about a girl who meets a boy and must travel back in to time to unset a curse put on her family, it is beautifully cliched, and as of right now is titled the Nature of Love.
fayola
Experienced JulNo'er

[*] posted on 6-8-2011 at 10:53 AM

Mine's a sequel to last year's JulNo. And I have pretty much no idea what happens in it. Well, I have a couple of ideas but I have no idea how I'm going to fit them together and how it's gonna end.

So basically, there's a kinda alternate-universe Earth where people all have magic powers. There's one guy who can create portals between this world and the non-magic world (AKA our world.) In the book I wrote last year, 2 kids find a portal and go to the magic world, blah blah blah. At the end, they managed to get back home but left behind all the friends and love-interests they made during their 3-day-long adventure in the magic world. (What do you mean it's not possible to fall in love with someone you've only known for 3 days? ¬_¬)
So in the sequel, everyone's all sad and stuff that they're never gonna see anyone from the other world again. So somehow (I have no idea how) they make it back to the other world again. And then I have no idea what happens. There's this guy, Alistair, who's magic power involves time travel. At some point in the story, he gets injured (again, I have no idea what actually happens to him) and his power malfunctions. My MC, Ricky, has healing powers and tries to heal him, but Alistair's malfunctioning power transports them back in time. This effectively makes the novel into a crossover with my '08 NaNo. That scene's gonna be so fun to write but I have no idea what happens to lead up to it.

Aaand that's all I know. I have absolutely no idea what else is going to happen or how it's going to end. xD But it'll be fun.

milestofu
JulNo Writer

Mood: Doin' Work

[*] posted on 6-11-2011 at 12:57 PM

I honestly haven't the slightest clue what I'll be writing this JulNo. I've thought about it a few times... But so far I haven't really thought too deeply about it or decided on any one thing. I've been wanting to write something about ghosts for a long time, so perhaps this'll be the year I finally get around to it!

I'll get back to you on this. XD

burnttoast
JulNoWriMo Graphic Designer

JulNoWriMo Title: Reboot

[*] posted on 6-14-2011 at 09:59 AM

Dani, Fayola, this is me saluting your avatars on solidarity... Well, I can't find a smiley for it, but yeah...

I've been trying to decide on which idea I want to do for a couple of weeks, and since I only finish my exams four days before julno starts I'm just going to go with an improvment of last years idea. Last year I basically stuck my MC in a matrix plot... it's been done before, so this time I'm putting a twist on it- not saying what- that questions rights and kinda shows that people aren't computers, you can't just try to 'reboot' them if they don't work the way you want them to.

Okay, just realised that basically says nothing about the plot, probably cos I've not got it totally worked out yet...

I can't decide what genre it is though. I wanna swing towards last years version and say sci-fi, but it's focus isn't the space adventure anymore. I also wanna say political fiction/philosophy, but that just sounds boring... ah well.

ponyboy curtis;
JulNo Member

Mood: Tired.
JulNoWriMo Title: Solitary

[*] posted on 6-14-2011 at 11:26 AM

Wow.... reading everyone else's plots on here kind of makes me want to re-think mine... I don't think it's as solid/interesting as your guys'....

Anyway, I'm planning on writing my novel from the point of view from a public restroom toilet. And each chapter/section will have a new person and a little backround on them... and then hopefully it will all connect somehow at the end :)
thepillsburydoughgirl
JulNo Royalty

Mood: Motivated
JulNoWriMo Title: Three Stars

[*] posted on 6-15-2011 at 07:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ponyboy curtis;  
Wow.... reading everyone else's plots on here kind of makes me want to re-think mine... I don't think it's as solid/interesting as your guys'....

Anyway, I'm planning on writing my novel from the point of view from a public restroom toilet. And each chapter/section will have a new person and a little backround on them... and then hopefully it will all connect somehow at the end :)

That is one of the most interesting story ideas I've heard about. O.o I definitely think finding a way to connect it all would be a good idea, but that's super interesting.

Reizna
JulNo Writer

Mood: Disappointed
JulNoWriMo Title: Fallen Sun

[*] posted on 6-17-2011 at 02:59 AM

I'm writing an origin story of the world I usually set all my short stories in. The origin story covers the creation of the world up to the creation of "free will". The characters the story follows are two demigods: the messenger of the sun who is corrupted by his lust for power and his former lover-turned-adversary, the half-human daughter of the Destiny god. The Sun messenger basically wants to rule the five earthly kingdoms, but his father (the Creator) had decreed that the Sun's five half-brothers would rule them instead; so the Sun attempts to alter the decision by tampering with destiny itself. That's where the former love interest comes in and saves the day.

The plot's a bit more complicated, but that's the general gist of it.

JulNo 2010 ~ The Wonderland Paradox � 50,234/50,000
JulNo 2011 ~ Broken Reign: Fallen Sun � 8,977/50,000

JulNo 2014 ~ [Untitled] > 0/50,000

Xenexian
JulNo Member

Mood: Offended :O
JulNoWriMo Title: Staying Ella Cartwright

[*] posted on 6-17-2011 at 03:23 PM

Wow, your ideas all sound great. My plot, currently, is based on a few things that have happened to me in real life, and a few things that I'm still working through. Basically, my MC Ella Cartwright, has three best friends: Tasha, Callie and Lyz. One of them has a secret and it gets out at their high school. Needless to say, rumours abound, other people sneer at them, threats are made and lots of rows happen. Because it's based on the few last years of my life, I haven't really got a great plot, only a vague idea of what's going on in it, but I'll probably plan it out as I go.

It's going to be a big challenge because I've only ever written Supernatural thrillers/humour before :/ But I'll give it a go!
Tainted.Sunshine
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 6-18-2011 at 02:03 PM

Everyone's ideas are so varied, and fantastic!

My novel's based on the old cliche that when a throne is usurped and the old king and queen are killed their child survives and later takes the throne back. The difference? There was no child. My MC, however, has decided to convince the country that there was, and that she's the rightful heir to the throne. She blackmails a palace librarian into helping her achieve her goals, and she's going to be very successful. >:]

Seren
JulNo Member

Mood: Eager
JulNoWriMo Title: Saudade

[*] posted on 6-21-2011 at 04:50 PM

I'm planning for a variant of Alice in Wonderland. John turns out to be the Queen of Heart's heir, and is taken to Wonderland where insanity ensues. It's fun to make illogical politics!
nathan_p
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: The difference between you and me is that I'm not wearing hockey pads.

[*] posted on 6-22-2011 at 06:55 PM

Surgeon slowly loses his mind during the war against Germany; his assistant has to keep things together (and not get killed himself).

It's historical :>

If I clear through that one in the month (doubtful), then I'll be moving on to the, uh, sequel to that storyline, which involves a teenage girl who gets orphaned and adopted by the assistant surgeon (now a chemist).

And then -- I swear this was really the plot at one point -- the Russian Revolution ensues, with some names swapped around.
blah
JulNo Writer

Mood: Slumping already? :(

[*] posted on 6-22-2011 at 07:05 PM

I think mine's about a girl who thinks she's a psychopath, but really isn't. Lot's of stuff about hallucinations! :S If you know anything at all, PLEASE U2U me! :)
Very sci-fi-ish... it takes place in different [so far, nonexistent] planets. Hopefully this won't be too much of a challenge! I'm still plotting stuff out though. :\
aeradyren
JulNo Writer

Mood: Pensive
JulNoWriMo Title: The Dreaming Trees

[*] posted on 6-23-2011 at 12:27 AM

Wow, it's so exciting to read everyone's ideas! I have been working on my story idea since I was six years old. No joke. A lot has changed since then, obviously.

The most basic, reduced plot is this: two best friends, a guy and a girl, are accidentally (or is it?) dragged into another reality on the brink of collapse due to internal corruption and hostile outside forces. Trapped in an unfamiliar place, the two friends are recruited by an organization concerned with the protection of two ancient trees that (quite literally) hold together the foundations of their world.

I am doing a lot of research, which I love. My primary resources are the Old Testament, Norse, Babylonian, and Greek mythology, and Buddhism and Shintoism. I have also been influenced slightly by the Divine Comedy and Paradise Lost, as well as countless fairy tales and myths.

"Take what you can from your dreams, make them as real as anything."
Suki Self-Destruct
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Title: Clandestine (Remix 9)

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 04:06 AM

My story is about this group of rebels fighting against an organization called Nightmare, Inc. with mysterious motives surrounding the numbers 9 and 27, and tension rises as the clock ticks down to December 21st (2012, of course). In between, dreams come true and nightmares are brought to life. An artist's mind is the most valuable thing in this world.

Featuring characters named Junebug Punk, WZ, Concrete Benzedrine, andMonsieur Pluie. There's a genderqueer person named Alex, a man-on-ice named Daniel (who has strange connections to WZ), and a telepathic horse named Ellie.

And there's going to be illustrations for it drawn by my good friend Lawson. :D

NaNoWriMo 2009: 21st Century Breakdown (WIN! 50,458 words)
Screnzy '10: Alice's Adventures Underground (lose. 53 pages)
JulNoWriMo '10: Where We Used To Play/All My Love to Long Ago (lose, 22k)
NaNoWriMo '10: Disappear (With Me Here) (win! 52k)
Screnzy '11: FTWWW (lose: 15 pages)
JulNoWriMo '11: Clandestine (Remix 9) (to be seen...)
milestofu
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 09:58 PM

Oh hey guys, I'm back. ;)

Here's the most tl;dr version of my novel ever; MURDER. GHOSTS.

I know, I just blew your mind.

marsbareater12
JulNo Royalty

JulNoWriMo Title: little monsters

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 10:01 PM

I like you! :D

But yes, you did. -thinks- Hehe~ I can imagine so many different things...and it doesn't help that my iPod is screaming out "Let's kill tonight!" :P

milestofu
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 11:02 PM

Hurrah!
I like you too random person on the internet!

Anna-wa
JulNo Member

Mood: Proud
JulNoWriMo Title: Tradition

[*] posted on 6-27-2011 at 04:17 PM

Are we still able to reply to this? (I ask because it hasn't been posted in in 2 days.)

Anyway...

My story:

I'm Gonna Find You

Summary: Alana goes out to find all the friends she made online and meet up with the real life ones she hasn't seen in a while, but wants to see again. They all have stories she knew and stories she didn't know before. How will things work out for her?

Okay, that probably wasn't a good summary, but I tried. :P I was gonna wait until NaNoWriMo because the person "Paige" is based on's birthday was in November, but oh well. I couldn't wait any longer. Haha. :P

Bubbly is bogus. - Zane

Read my fanfiction
emerald_moons
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Title: Ghosts & Ghouls {Temp.}

[*] posted on 6-27-2011 at 05:37 PM

Hello all. :)

My story The Cello Case is about a young woman, Svetlana James (she's Ukrainian born, American adopted), that was raised a thief before her adoptive brother was killed during a scrape with another group of thieves. She, a complete mess with no direction for her life, is found attacking a man drunkenly by Seth Anders, a police officer, who pities her when she tells him that she's a runaway from her abusive fiancé and takes her in. She gets a stable job and begins to trust Seth, but then she finds out that the thieves that killed her brother are doing small heists around her city, and she plans to steal the object that they really want before they can, though her efforts quickly escalate to murder.

Wow, reading that over, it sounds so terribly cliché. Oh well. ^.^ Btw, Xenexian, I approve the use of my name (Callie) in your story, especially because you actually spelled it the best way you could.

[Edited on 6-27-11 by emerald_moons]

• Ghosts & Ghouls • JulNo '15 •

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]