JulNoWriMo Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
  Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: So what are you writing?
anonymouskitten
JulNo Member

Mood: thoroughly excited
JulNoWriMo Title: Untitled, for now.

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 6-12-2011 at 03:59 PM

Hi, everyone. :) For me, July will be a month of finishing old drafts and ideas, so I will be working on two (or more!) novel bunnies.

The first: A self-discovery piece of a young lady who travels halfway across the country only to find out that what she is running from has been with her the entire time.

The second: A couple's dream of figure skating in the Olympics is tested when she gets in an almost-fatal car accident that ends with her legs being amputated.

They sound a little vague, but I have plenty of tricks up my sleeve. :) I have plenty more ideas in case these fall through, or by some stroke of luck I finish them.
SianaBlackwood
JulNo Writer

Mood: Insane :)
JulNoWriMo Title: The Silver Cliffs

[*] posted on 6-13-2011 at 10:13 AM

Sounds fun :)

"When the path seems well-lit, kill the lights and wander into darkness."
- Chuck Wendig
NaNoPlotMo | Arrow of Eloquence
marielaurent222334
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: Tired
JulNoWriMo Title: A Seduction By The Book

[*] posted on 6-13-2011 at 04:06 PM

In July i will be writing post apocalyptic novels besides romance Yuri novels and many other novels to do with other genres. the one i will be working will be Blue Lights and the novel has to do with the three sisters and three brothers who go to the blue moon academy. they never meet or see each other until graduation day, because from their parents dying a fatal death during the apocalyptic blue moon battle in 2013.

Later in years they learn to stay away from each other from their only living relatives who watch and take care of them. With them wanting the three sisters and three brothers to be the heirs and leaders of their territories that their parents lead years ago.

The second one is A Seduction By The Book which is a Yuri novel but is hard to explain about since i have not had the full concept of the plot scenes yet, but i am still working on it though!
ChoKiba
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Title: The Light of Tomorrow

[*] posted on 6-13-2011 at 04:54 PM

I don't know. I kind of decided today that I was going to do this and then realized that I actually need to choose an idea to work on >.>

Dangit
syaffolee
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Title: Bone Mountain

[*] posted on 6-14-2011 at 06:45 PM

I'm not really sure what I'm going to work on. I'm currently contemplating on rewriting/editing one of my previous Nano novels if another idea doesn't jump out at me before then.

ChoKiba
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Title: The Light of Tomorrow

[*] posted on 6-15-2011 at 02:26 PM

I'm happy, I actually figured out what in the world I'm doing!

So basically the story idea is that you have what are called Time Keepers who are basically grim reapers. They do not age. They do not feel. They simply have clocks that stop when a person dies and they take that person's soul away. Well there is a girl named Crystal who is supposed to die and then doesn't. She keeps living for some reason and so she has some Time Keepers stalking her until this guy comes along who basically scares off the Time Keepers and now he keeps coming back near and around her.
ReggieLithium
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 6-15-2011 at 09:43 PM

I've got a couple ideas kicking around in my head, and I really want to start and hopefully finish something new this summer so hopefully I can stick with one through the month.

The first one I started already. It's set in the future, and at some point in the past there was a war between two world superpowers. One was clearly winning, but it's capital was built over a series of caverns. The other country detonated bombs below the city which they believed wiped out the capital. They built another city over where it had been and easily took over it's other cites which were now in anarchy.

In the present, the world is in an energy crisis, and the government has started matching the children of its highest members genetically so that these arranged couples have the highest chance of genius offspring who can figure out what to do as well as keep the people from rebelling.
Two of the main characters are the governor's son (who is secretly gay) and his gene match. After getting into a fight while driving the girl storms off. He ends up chasing her through the woods and into a cave. In the cave they get lost and eventually the ground caves in below them. They find themselves in a lower network of caves, face to face with a girl who is from the city that was from the other capital, which instead of blowing up, had fallen into the caves. They start traveling together, and other shit happens...

The second idea just sort of came to me today watching some show where they auction off movie props. Again in the future...time travel has been invented, but is not available to everyone. It's restricted mostly to historians. However a black market version exists. In the future many people are collectors of historical items. (Gutenberg Bibles, Declaration of independence etc.) Most were just uncovered over the years, but there is also a group that makes its money going back in time, stealing things of importance and bringing them to the present to be sold to the highest bidder or just kept for themselves. Eventually it's realized that the reason their society is in such horrible shape is that these items were taken, so the items are returned at the expense of the world that the returners grew up in, and possibly their existence.
syaffolee
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Title: Bone Mountain

[*] posted on 6-17-2011 at 01:11 PM

I finally have an idea! It will probably be a fantasy mystery incorporating a lot of Turkish folklore and mythology.

HeraldMage
JulNo Writer

Mood: Chpper
JulNoWriMo Title: Rusted Heat

Word Count: 2208 / 50000
Word Count Start4% Complete96% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 6-21-2011 at 10:24 PM

I'm doing another gay teen romance this year ;o

Ethan (narrator) is an aspiring young model whose life is just peachy until he gets in a horrid accident and basically has his face rearranged (luckily his family is fairly wealthy and can afford major surgeries). During his time of ruin and recovery Vaughn, the school's 'freak' (the kid's constantly being accused of witchcraft because of the keepsakes he carries around and the fact that his best friend just happens to be a snake), is the only one who'll look him in the eye, talk to him, and of course become his only friend. It'll take a while, however, since Ethan's afraid of Vaughn like everyone else and will try to avoid him whenever possible, but they will eventually find mutual ground, become close, and, of course, become lovers. Who woulda thunk it?

Well, anyway, that's the basis of it. Haven't planned all that much, only that half of the time the MC will be hooked on drugs, there's a possible threesome/love triangle thing, and the two MC's will eventually run away to... somewhere. And honestly, it's a very serious story, despite how I made it sound xD

Should be lotsa fun.

rebeldork
Experienced JulNo'er

JulNoWriMo Title: Crossroads of Time

[*] posted on 6-23-2011 at 11:28 PM

I'm writing fantasy, a rehashing of an idea I had more than two years ago, and abandoned.

It involves demons (used to be vampires, but I'm getting sick of vampires), who are basically humans who endure a painful process that makes them unaging. Some are completely immortal.

My main character doesn't know much about demons but longs to be immortal so he goes hunting after demons in order to seduce one and become immortal; his sister comes too, to persuade him not to.

They get separated soon after entering the demon city and the story follows both of their points of view, as they both become demons (one accidentally, one making the choice) and lead very different lives. (This part is vague because I don't know it yet)

marielaurent222334
Experienced JulNo'er

[*] posted on 6-29-2011 at 07:41 PM

I am right now going to take a break from my GLBTQ novel A Seduction By The Book and work on my retold fairy tale novels. Of Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and an also darker retold novel of the Little Red Ridding Hood.

Besides another GLBTQ novels with one of them being the age differences between two women. And the other is an interracial relationship between two women of different races. Which works pretty well just like my first GLBTQ novel too, besides my post apocalyptic novels as well Fanfics.

[Edited on 6-30-2011 by marielaurent222334]

Proud Ink-Slinger

http://augnowriye.proboards.com/index.cgi
http://lilysfiction.blogspot.com/
"I wonder who the woman is i bumped into with my friends will i ever feel or tell my feelings to myself for my sort of love i am developing for her!" - AnnaLisa Altree from A Meeting Between Lovers.
Writing More and More, edit more and more, edit, plan more and more, rewrite, write, plan, edit some more, all within 31 days and 24 hours of July.
I'm Pro-Wrimo :) Are you?
fairyfeller
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-1-2011 at 05:21 PM

I've decided that instead of writing one novel, I'll write a varity of short stories using prompts and plot bunnies, with the collected word count being 50k. I just hope I can find the inspiration to think of multiple plot-lines.
tereseh
JulNo Member

Mood: Tired but Excited
JulNoWriMo Title: Getting Even

[*] posted on 7-1-2011 at 06:02 PM

I was gonna aim for a book in one week, but we'll have to see. I might have to eat my words... XD

Anyways I'm writing this YA romance. Which definitely isn't my style, I have never read a YA romance before (I have a sweet tooth for horror and mysteries) well... unless you count Twilight, which I have read (but not finished <.< ehehehe) but that one has vampires in it so according to me it's not the same. XD I don't know if I'll keep it at YA romance or make it YA paranormal romance (no vampires or werewolves) but this is what I've got so far (i.e. this is the backblurb):

What do you do when your whole life you have been bullied in school because of your mouseblond hair and your braces and, when you go to college, the first guy who tells you that you are beautiful is the same guy that spraypaint your bike neonpink and delivers a dead bird on your porch? You don't get mad, you get even.

And the title is... *drumroll* Getting Even (and I even have a cover for it :S (getting waaay ahead of myself here ;) ))

Drink Coffee!
and do stupid stuff faster and with more energy!

"Everything is possible when you're high on chocolate!" -Scott Brandon-Hoffman
GailGreen
JulNo Member

Mood: Writing... Writing... Writing...
JulNoWriMo Title: The Mystery of the Mummy

[*] posted on 7-2-2011 at 04:10 AM

I'm writing mystery... 'The Mystery of the Mummy'. Right there in the title! It's a children's mystery aimed at 8-11years about a boy and a mummy and a mystery... Yep, it's all planned out!

Really, I have no idea where I'm going with this story, but I've got a great MC, some decent supporting cast and the idea for a mummy and a mystery. I'll guess I just have to see what develops...

Any guesses how long I'll last without a plot? Ahh... well...

Let's write!

[Edited on 7-2-2011 by GailGreen]

A children's story that can only be enjoyed by children is not a good children's story in the slightest.'
--C. S. Lewis

crackingcoda
JulNo Writer

Mood: The last leg of our journey deep within the psyche...

[*] posted on 7-2-2011 at 11:33 AM

I'm writing a mystery about a promiscuous, hot tempered, female detective, her well meaning young partner, and two dead bodies that unravel the web of deceit and betrayal at the core of a small town.

...And I'm absolutely thrilled about it. :D

It's official. I'm writing a crime/thriller/mystery novel with GLBT elements. So psyched.

p1r4t3g1rl
JulNo Member

Mood: creative
JulNoWriMo Title: Violet Blues

[*] posted on 7-2-2011 at 11:55 AM

Considering that I am completely new to the WriMo world, I thought you had to do everything, from concept, to final edit in the month. At 12:06 a.m. yesterday I started the thought process of genre, main characters, setting, and conflict.
Genre = Fantasy
Main Characters = a female vampire, a witch, a chef
MainSetting = the club they own
Main Conflict = the mob wants to take over, or destroy, the club

The Freaky Friday challenge helped me get some idea of the dynamics and history. I'm hoping that it'll stick without too much tweaking.

wrampage
JulNo Member

Mood: Meh! ... GET TO WORK.... meh!
JulNoWriMo Title: Violet(rewrite) and Chronicles of sin BOOK 2

[*] posted on 7-3-2011 at 01:10 AM

I just finished wridanoju, so I'm going to be a bit of a rebel and continue with that. Its a three (maybe four? who the heck knows?) part ghost story. I only just finished part 1 during June, but I've been waiting so long to get into part 2 that I'm hoping it will go quickly and I can work my way through to part 3 by the end of July. Of course I'm planning on participating in the august campwrimo too so even if I don't finish it just yet I'm not terribly worried.. It's just all these plot bunnies pelting themselves at my windows.. I feel so bad denying their little fluffy selves...
RJA
JulNo Writer

Mood: Still in need of her summer holiday!

[*] posted on 7-4-2011 at 09:11 AM

It's July, so I'm writing straight up Summer romance this month... Or well, a little bit of drama, but not half as much as usual ^_^
marielaurent222334
Experienced JulNo'er

[*] posted on 7-10-2011 at 08:28 PM

I finished WriDaNoju last month and now i am working on different novels with different genres this year. Including some fanfics of Twilight and other ones which are crossovers. Besides non-crossover ones as well. I am working on a new fantasy novel besides a new novels series besides my old ones to be finished as well.

Which is basically what i am writing for in July. With August well that is different because i will either finished my novels . I am in the middle of besides fanfics or start some new ones including new fanfics too.

Proud Ink-Slinger

"I wonder who the woman is i bumped into with my friends will i ever feel or tell my feelings to myself for my sort of love i am developing for her!" - AnnaLisa Altree from A Meeting Between Lovers.
Writing More and More, edit more and more, edit, plan more and more, rewrite, write, plan, edit some more, all within 31 days and 24 hours of July.
Alies
JulNo Writer

Mood: Awake

[*] posted on 7-11-2011 at 05:22 AM

I'm also finishing drafts.

1. I just finished one I started 1,5 year ago. About two people being abandoned on an alien planet, without the possibility to get home. They have to try to survive on this planet and to get along.

2. I'm nearing the finish now, but I put it on hiatus for I needs some idea before turning into the resolution. It's about a guy who discovers a boy in his attic. The strange thing; his house shouldn't have a attic. It seems that the boy comes from another reality. That this attic is an other reality. The man takes him with him and cares for him. But with him comes a substance that wants to erase everything that's not part of his original world...

3. I once had the idea of writing a science fiction series of novels. A bit like Doctor Who. But I postponed it and it never got any further than planning. But now I'm intending to translate this idea into a couple of 10k stories.

The Doctor: Rose... before I go, I just want to tell you: you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what? [Pause] So was I!
Dr. Nicholas Rush: For a moment there I thought we were in trouble
marielaurent222334
Experienced JulNo'er

[*] posted on 7-26-2011 at 10:55 PM

I am now trying to finish off writing the rest of my GLBTQ novel by tonight leading up into the morning. Before dawn comes up besides my other novels and some fanfics to write or finish writing as well. For the rest of the night into the morning which i hope to be done by then for in the morning as well.

Proud Ink-Slinger

Foodmoon
Experienced JulNo'er

[*] posted on 7-27-2011 at 03:39 AM

I've written on five different stories today...(was that all? wow. it felt like more.) <7/26/11>

The one I stopped on for the moment is a fantasy. This arc of it is about a wind mage, who is having trouble controlling his powers because he took drugs which suppressed them for years, and now that his lover made him quit the drugs, his powers have come back but rather stronger than before, because they were still developing when he started taking the drugs and so he missed the learning curve, besides having to start over from square one. He's a rich boy who adores his lover, a bouncer at a bar. <7/27/11>
marielaurent222334
Experienced JulNo'er

[*] posted on 7-29-2011 at 03:39 PM

I am continuing to write more and more of my GLBTQ novel with hopes i will be done when i arrive at 200000 words and more. After those words are done and written, i am also working on my other novels as well. But i will keep writing my GLBTQ novel. With hopes i will be into higher words and then be done with it soon before this month is over.

Proud Ink-Slinger

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]