Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: I'm AWESOME at...
syaffolee
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Title: Bone Mountain

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 6-17-2011 at 05:29 PM

I'm doing my PhD in microbiology so I know a fair amount of that, molecular biology, biochemistry, and genetics. Just send me a message if you have any questions on those topics.

marielaurent222334
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: Tired
JulNoWriMo Title: A Seduction By The Book

[*] posted on 6-17-2011 at 11:09 PM

i am into anime, twilight, romance, drama, action, or should i say any type of genre including fantasy and scifi, or even mystery/horror/thriller or something like that.

So if you need help with any of the type of genres like fantasy scenes or scifi ones which are post apocalyptic or apocalyptic with robots and such scifi stuff. Ofairies or as i call them Fae for short or anything fantasy you need help with or other genres including my recent one for GLBTQ then i will help you with that too!

I also am into Movies and TV and i sometimes quote the lines from watching my favorite ones too many times, i am awesome at reading books that interest me to have good ideas to what to do for my novels.

I love writing exercise books because they have tips and character sheets in them to help with characters and scene plots for my novels which is pretty good to read and do.

I blog sometimes though i forget half the time to update my blog or blogs should i say. I am interested in TV show and Movie soundtracks, i walk and exercise around the lake or around a few blocks in town.

If any of you need help with scenes about where to go for the a place to relax as well as exercise then i will help you.

I can read three-four or even five books at the same time just by remembering each scene and chapter until i finish with half of them until all of the books i read are finished to be put away.

I journal to have my thoughts and plots with characters written down along with other things to write and that's what i like to do besides read how many books in my spare time when i am not on my laptop.

Anyways those are the awesome things i can think of about me that i know and do!

Proud Ink-Slinger

http://augnowriye.proboards.com/index.cgi
http://lilysfiction.blogspot.com/
"I wonder who the woman is i bumped into with my friends will i ever feel or tell my feelings to myself for my sort of love i am developing for her!" - AnnaLisa Altree from A Meeting Between Lovers.
Writing More and More, edit more and more, edit, plan more and more, rewrite, write, plan, edit some more, all within 31 days and 24 hours of July.
I'm Pro-Wrimo :) Are you?
sarahlea
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Tangled Origins

[*] posted on 6-17-2011 at 11:34 PM

I'm new here and new to WriMo, but thought I would post too.

I live in Wisconsin and have lived here all of my life in a rural setting. Family is very Catholic, so I have a lot of background in that as well.

I have both Bachelor's and Master's degrees in art therapy. So I know a fair amount about many different arts and crafts and also about psychology and counseling.

I have an interest in spiritual or energy healing.

My husband started up a paranormal investigation team (sort of like the Ghost Hunters show) so I also have some understanding of that.

I have 3 daughters age 5 and younger, so I definitely know a thing or two about being a mother. ;)

I have an unknown neuromuscular condition and have always taken an interest in the medical field. I can help with what it feels like to be disabled/ill and also know a little about a lot of different conditions. My thesis was on art therapy with children and adolescents with epilepsy, so that is one area that I'm well-versed in.

We used to raise chinchillas so I have a lot of useless information about them if anyone would be writing about them (yeah, I figure the likelihood is low - but you never know I suppose!).

I lost my dad at a young age suddenly (I was 11), so I can also help out if anyone needs an understanding on what it's like to lose a parent.

That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure there's a lot more that I'm just not thinking of right now. I have a lot of different, varied interests (as does my husband).

[Edited on 6-18-2011 by sarahlea]
misaditas
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Title: Here Be Sky Krakens

[*] posted on 6-18-2011 at 01:58 PM

I can tell you about writing sex scenes :D

I also know about bringing up kids (I have 5) and dealing with mental illness (I have a form of bipolar).

Also, I know the ins and outs of changing one's name by deed poll.

Website | Twitter
Ironhaven coming soon from Decadent Publishing
misslasagna
JulNo Writer

Mood: Stoked!

[*] posted on 6-19-2011 at 12:40 AM

My biggest area to offer help in is mental illness and related topics; I consider myself rather an expert, having several different ones myself and modding a self-injury forum, heh. Self-injury, all forms of schizophrenia, hallucinations of all types, dissociative identity disorder (formerly multiple personality disorder), other dissociative disorders, schizoaffective disorder, bipolar disorder, PTSD, borderline personality disorder, insomnia, social phobia, depression, eating disorders, hypochondria, different panic disorders, OCD, suicidality, sociopathy, head meds, the workings of psychologists and psychiatrists, mental wards, emotional/physical/sexual abuse...I can probably answer your questions :P

Music:

Spanish and piano have already been mentioned; I have done a lot of accompanying on piano and read lead sheets and stuff. Lots of playing for church. I also play organ.

Beethoven is my home boy.

Kids:

I'm one semester away from a Master's degree in Teaching, elementary, so I can tell you all about taking those classes, stuff about early childhood development in all sorts of areas, plus actually teaching in a classroom itself...all the ins and outs, problems, and joys :D

I've nannied a 3rd/4th grade girl and currently a family with four children ages 15 months to 10 years. I've done so much babysitting in my life it's not even funny, so I have tons of experience with children. I'm better with the younger ones (say up to five years or so).

I worked in a daycare for two years.

Other:

I've done a lot of research recently on early modern English, so the thees, thous, -eths, and -ests I know pretty well.

I write poetry, if that counts for anything, lol.

Oh, and also Henry VIII and his six wives...I read textbooks on him for fun :$ That's it. It's fun reading about everyone else's!

[Edited on 6-19-2011 by misslasagna]

megs
--------
"You DO NOT growl at the love muffin!"

http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_5776.gif
MsKelly65
JulNo Member

smiley11.gif posted on 6-19-2011 at 01:57 PM
Kids, families, Christian Bible, Oklahoma

I'm just pretty much awesome all around! jk

- I've lived in Oklahoma for 42 of my 45 years: esp. familiar with Tulsa, Shawnee, and Cleveland, Oklahoma
- Degree and extensive experience in Family Psychology, including child development, family relationships, and parenting
- Knowledge of general psychology and developmental psychology as well
- Experience as a single mom, a custodial parent, and a noncustodial parent, parent of child with ADHD, alcohol dependency (self and spouse of)
- Experience with both inpatient and outpatient mental health environment
- Experience in child care industry
- Better than average knowledge and understanding of the Christian Bible, teachings of Jesus and Paul, as well as other authors of the Bible
Brytanie
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 6-21-2011 at 01:47 PM

I live on the west coast of Canada, so I can help with any questions on Canada in general and specific questions on British Columbia.
Also, I go to an International school, with students from over 100 countries, so if you want to know anything about a country, chances are I can pass your questions on to someone who lives there :). Also I can answer any questions about going to an International school.
This also applies to any language, if you want something translated, I can probably find a native speaker to do it for you.
Also, the school is a boarding school and I left home when I was 16, so I can answer questions about that too :).
I've played piano for most of my life. I'm currently at the grade 10 level. I also went to a jazz academy so I have some experience with jazz music/culture.
I have a great interest in particle physics, so on the off chance it's in your novel, I could probably help.

Wingman
JulNo Royalty

Mood: "Don't say its a fine morning or i'll shoot ya"-John Wayne
JulNoWriMo Title: The Conspiracy

[*] posted on 6-21-2011 at 11:36 PM

Addition to my list

My moms a criminal justice major so I know a lot about laws and various things relating to criminology

-I know a little bit about tarot cards

-I've had a semester of JROTC

- my grandfather did body work for various companies a few being GM,Cadillac
So I've grown up around cars and know quite a bit about them

-I've seen the beach boys in concert

- I'm an expert when it comes to 60's-90's television

"Talk low Talk slow and don't say too much"-John Wayne

What ever you do don't forget to save Save
SAVE! AND I MEAN IT

Writers Creatures of the night
rebeldork
Experienced JulNo'er

JulNoWriMo Title: Crossroads of Time

[*] posted on 6-24-2011 at 02:02 PM

-Minnesota... I've lived here my whole life. Not sure if anyone cares much about that :rolleyes:

-German - I'm going for a minor and I've taken it for 5 years, so I can help a bit with the language (though not as good as a native speaker, of course)

- I go to an all girls university

So... not too much.

Adagio Beckett
JulNo Member

Mood: Tired
JulNoWriMo Title: Hearts On Stage

[*] posted on 6-27-2011 at 04:33 AM

I'd love to help out, so I thought I'd post in here :)

Music: I've played the violin for eight years, and I've been singing for much much longer.

Raising Chickens: Yes, you read that correctly. I currently have five chickens, so if you need any help with that by all means.

Tennessee: I know, you must be surprised I live in Tennessee, I can tell you we aren't all rednecks though. Actually, most people are surprised when I say I own livestock.

American College Process: Colleges in the states can be a lot different from colleges and universities across the world. If you need help talking about small liberal arts colleges I can be especially useful

appingo
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Title: Cloudcroft

[*] posted on 6-28-2011 at 02:16 AM

Well here goes...

• Living in Japan as a middle school student/minor, in Tokyo for one year and Sendai another, the latter being part of the region that was affected by the tsunami and earthquake. This includes cultures, language, train schedules, schooling, anything. I also have pictures if you need visual references.
  • Constantly moving for an adolescent: thoughts that are going through their head, adjustment, etc.
  • Psychiatric hospitals, especially as a teenager.
  • North Korea: Inner workings, lifestyle, etc. Also have photos.
  • Portland, Oregon, culture, public transportation, the people, lifestyle, weather.
  • Korean and Japanese Languages

...Think that's it that anyone would find useful?
    emerald_moons
    JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Title: Ghosts & Ghouls {Temp.}

[*] posted on 6-28-2011 at 01:29 PM

I'll see what I can help with. :D

Asperger's Syndrome: I have (quite mild and professionally diagnosed) Asperger's Syndrome. I can help explain what it's like to have AS as a child and as a teenager, and how people with AS learn to cope and learn social cues.
    Living in a Small Town: Not sure if this is helpful, but I'll through it out there.
    Eye Issues (Particularly Nystagmus): I have the entire collection of eye problems my family could possibly give me and can explain dealing with an ophthalmologist and neurologist. Nystagmus is involuntary rapid eye movement, a very uncommon eye problem. Also, a large amount of people who are drunk get nystagmus, so if want an explanation of what it's like from the drunk person's PoV, just ask me, because I get it sober. ;)
    Divorced Parents: And the mess it causes.

That's what I have for now!

• Ghosts & Ghouls • JulNo '15 •

glockenspielmonkeys
    JulNo Member

Mood: The carpal tunnel will be so great that it will alleviate traffic congestion, opening up an entire extra lane in the interstate.
    JulNoWriMo Title: Tygre

[*] posted on 6-30-2011 at 01:28 PM

Well, I've lived in two countries in my life. I lived in England until I was ten then moved to the US.

I'm in marching band, I'm a percussionist in the pit/front ensemble.

I lived on a dairy farm until I was six, then I moved to the city. I lived in the city until I was nine before living in a couple villages in southern England until my move to the US.

inpais
    JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Dmmerung in den Sternen

[*] posted on 7-2-2011 at 10:11 AM

History - Scandinavian and Prussian history, mostly. General history is fine as long as it isn't something too obscure. I'm a bit rusty, it being summer vacation and all (haven't touched a decent book in so long!) but I'll be reading up some stuff in the meantime. I'll try to help you to the best of my ability if you need it XD.

Taiwan - In the unlikely event that someone is writing about this tiny country, I've lived here for 12 years and can definitely help you with questions (anything from language to food to local products). I've also been to China before and have friends there, so any questions about general Chinese culture I'm okay with as well.

Art History - Might want to find a genuine art history major if you want really detailed research, but I can help a bit here as well from taking the AP this May.

Biculturalism/Multicuturalism - Although I've lived in Taiwan for 12 years, I've been in an International school that goes by the American curriculum, am a US citizen and have been to the States on several occasions.

Anime - I'll just...make a list of what I've watched/read in-depth before: Hetalia, Inuyasha, FMA (not Brotherhood, though), D.Gray-Man.

Harry Potter - This doesn't need explaining. XD

[Edited on 7-2-2011 by inpais]
    crackingcoda
    JulNo Writer

Mood: The last leg of our journey deep within the psyche...

[*] posted on 7-2-2011 at 02:08 PM

Battlestar Galactica, horrifying monsters and Texas.

It's official. I'm writing a crime/thriller/mystery novel with GLBT elements. So psyched.

HollyShort9
    JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Locket in a Pocket

[*] posted on 7-2-2011 at 06:40 PM

Oh gosh. Let's see. :D

Dance - I'm a hardcore dancer. It's my big passion, and I dance ballet, tap, jazz, Irish dance, contemporary/lyrical, and have a bit of hip-hop experience under my belt. I've gone to many competitions, performed in many places (Disney being one of them), and whatnot.

Piano - I've played piano since I was 5, so if you need any help with that...

Singing - I take voice lessons, and you'd be surprised how much is involved in it.

Anime - I know a lot about anime, because I watch a lot of anime all the freaking time.

Dealing With People Around You With Issues (0.o) - *if this offends anyone, I can take this off* I've had two friends with anorexia, a friend with depression, a friend who was raped and abused as a child and a friend who used to be a cutter. If your character is going to deal with something like this, or has a friend who has to react to things like this, I can tell you the way they act around other people and what it feels like to watch it, and how you tend to react.

Harry Potter - I'm a bigger fan than I probably should be. xD

[Edited on 7-2-2011 by HollyShort9]

I don't want a fairytale like Cinderella - I'd rather write and dance my own stories.
    inkybetterdays
    JulNo Member

Mood: Ambitious. ;)
    JulNoWriMo Title: Raising Dead Men to the Sky

[*] posted on 7-4-2011 at 12:03 PM

Literature: Especially classics. So if you need to allude to a theme, place, style, Shakespeare!, movement (ie Romanticism, Realism, Existentialism, Religious etc), I'll probably be able to help.

Harry Potter: But obviously, this doesn't set me apart. Lawl. XD

Music: Notes, rhythms, time signatures, key signatures, what the heck the difference is between minor and major, all that fun theory stuff. I'm also familiar with dozens of classical/Romantic/Baroque pieces. XD Contemporary pop culture....not so much. :P I played piano for a few years when I was younger and I can still plunk out a tune if I need to, but my specialty is on the flute, which I've played for nine years and intend to minor on in college.

New England: Seeing as I live here, and all.

New York City: To an extent. :) Especially all the tourist traps.

Musicals/Broadway Shows

Grammar/Spelling

U.S. History

Alternative Medicine: Homeopathic treatments, herbs etc

I'm actually awesome at more things than I realized I was awesome at. XD

[Edited on 7-6-2011 by inkybetterdays]
    Alies
    JulNo Writer

Mood: Awake

[*] posted on 7-6-2011 at 08:49 AM

The (Dutch) language
    - How languages work; some Universal laws about : Syntax, Fonetics, Fonology, Semantics, Language Acquisition.
    - How languages isn't supposed to work: Aphasia (different forms and separate disorders), Specific Language Disorder, Dyslexia (Theory, but I'm also told to be dyslectic)
    - Dutch literature
    - General 'waves' in literature. More specific about the Dutch mild translation of those international waves. (We are always late compared to the likes of UK, France, Germany ect).
    - Some basic knowledge about Old and Middle Dutch

Other stuff
    - Television shows: Doctor Who (mostly new Who, but also lots of backgrounds into Classic. Currently watching the Pertwee era); Life on Mars, Ashes To Ashes, Stargate Universe ect.
    - Music: I'm quite into 80s Britpop right now.

I tend to read a lot about things that interest me. So you can probably ask me anything about Doctor Who ect.

[Edited on 7-6-2011 by Alies]

The Doctor: Rose... before I go, I just want to tell you: you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what? [Pause] So was I!
    Dr. Nicholas Rush: For a moment there I thought we were in trouble
    Melange
    JulNo Royalty

JulNoWriMo Title: Shukugawa Monogatari

Word Count: 50414 / 50000
    Word Count Start100% CompleteWord Count End

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-7-2011 at 07:40 AM

This thread looks very useful. I'll be sure to look over it later and hopefully find something that can be useful for my novel. First of all, here goes my specialties...

- Psychology: I know about traditional fields, such as Freud and Adler, mental illnesses, and especially about writing as psychotherapy.

- Astrology: Zodiac signs and what they mean, one's ascendant and how to interpret one's horoscope.

- Austria: I live in Austria and know about Upper Austria, Vienna and Carinthia. Geography, school system, cityscape, anything. Of course, Austrian dialects of German are also available.

- Other places: I've been to Rhome and Greece, mainly Athens and some ruins of ancient places such as Delphi.

- Ancient Rhome & Greece: I know Latin and a bit of Ancient Greek, and have a pretty good grasp at culture and philosophy.
    aeradyren
    JulNo Writer

Mood: Pensive
    JulNoWriMo Title: The Dreaming Trees

[*] posted on 7-9-2011 at 09:13 PM

I suppose I'll add my small list of expertise to this list:

Harp and Piano I've played the harp for ten years, and piano for twelve, so I know a little bit about both, I suppose.
    Working in a Library Not as fun as it sounds sometimes. Especially if you are allergic to dust...
    Airlines/Flying a Plane This is actually my dad's line of work, so if anyone has any questions, I can just ask him for you!
    The Hudson River Valley I live here. It's pretty awesome.
    Catholicism I am a born and raised Catholic, and I go to a Catholic college. From Adam and Eve to the Apocalypse, I can tell you most of what you might need to know.
    Almost any World Mythology *looks at bookshelf of mythology books*
    Beowulf Don't ask me why. I love Beowulf, and Olde English poetry in general.
    The Phantom of the Opera or Dave Matthews Band Total fan right here.

[Edited on 7-10-2011 by aeradyren]

"Take what you can from your dreams, make them as real as anything."
     Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
    [ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]