sabreslove9
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Doctor Who: The Mystery of Arelle

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-3-2011 at 06:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JSBulldog89  
Quote: Originally posted by sabreslove9  
Hi there! My name's Rachel. I'm 19 and from Buffalo, NY. I go to Penn State, (Studying Meteorology) and I am in LOVE with State College. This is my first time doing JulNo, but I've tried NaNo and Script Frenzy.

I'm writing a Doctor Who fic for this. It's really awesome. I considered doing an original fantasy, but I might save that for NaNo. I might do an NHL fic at some point for one of these, lol.

I love Doctor Who with a passion. I haven't seen many of the newer episodes, but I'm working my way there. My favorite pairing is Ten/Rose (Which is what I'm writing my fic on :3).

I'm also obsessed with the NHL. My teams are the Buffalo Sabres and the San Jose Sharks. I've also got love for the Bruins, the Red Wings and the Lightning. I can't stand the Flyers, the Senators, the Maple Leafs or the Stars.

I like to draw sometimes, and I love any music from the 80s back to the 50s. Not big on modern music, but there are some songs I like.

Someday I hope to join the Air Force. It's my current life goal, along with meeting Patrick Kane sometime this summer and maybe someday going to Pittsburgh to meet Mario Lemieux :3

Sorry for giving everyone my life's story.

I love State College / Penn State! I grew up about an hour away, and a lot of my friends go there. I visit quite often - probably on Monday for the fireworks, actually. I'm living in Rochester, NY now though.

That's so funny because I live in Buffalo, which is 45 minutes west of Rochester.
lily.catherine
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Little Red

[*] posted on 7-3-2011 at 10:47 PM

Hello ! My name is Lily, and I'm turning 19 in little under two weeks. I'll be entering my second-to-last year at University of California, Irvine next fall, and I'm majoring in English with an emphasis in Creative Writing. They also put me in the honors program there, and I'm pretty involved with it, but my real passion is writing (probably unsurprising :rolleyes: ).

This is my first time attempting JulNo, although I did participate in Script Frenzy this last April and managed to produce a 103 page script while I should have been reading and finishing my papers.

I've basically only ever written Harry Potter Fan Fiction before, so this is my first attempt at Original Fiction. I've planned out the whole thing before hand, and I really hope it works out this time...

I've taken up painting and sketching on the side of writing, but that's almost the full extent of my life at the moment. It's not a bad life, either :P

BelltdieKatze
JulNo Member

Mood: Kind of happy... but not quite.
JulNoWriMo Title: Just One Year(working title)

[*] posted on 7-4-2011 at 06:33 AM

Hi, I'm Ruhee.

I'm 18 and going off to college in a month's time. Studying engineering- supposedly chemistry at IIT Bombay. Mostly I hope to be writing, not doing science-y things, hopefully passing my courses.

This is my first JulNoWriMo, and my first wrimo, so here's to starting late and naive and still trying to win!

I write fiction, slice of life or fantasy. I find myself dragged into fanfiction somehow, obsessing about something or the other. That's me.
RJA
JulNo Writer

Mood: Still in need of her summer holiday!

[*] posted on 7-4-2011 at 01:52 PM

Hi there, I'm RJA. 23 years old and I'm from Holland, Europe.

I'm a college student, majoring in Communication. And besides writing I'm in to horses (well especially my own two ponies), singing (my band ^_^) and doing all sorts of fun stuff with my friends (sports, go out, shopping, whatever), as long as I'm doing something.

Last year was my second NaNoWriMo, and first win. Continued that with my second FiMo during December, which I won for the second time (went there after failing for my first try at NaNo). But I got hooked by all the WriMo's, so I joined WriYe and CraClu and I'm aiming for 50k every month. So JulNo will be my home for this month ^_^

Lost my muse during April and May and had a hard time writing those two months, but June was succesful again and I'm having quite some inspiration for my current novel -hence the 10k I wrote during last 24 hours- ^_^

So yeah, gonna win this!!
Alies
JulNo Writer

Mood: Awake

[*] posted on 7-4-2011 at 01:59 PM

Hi RJA,
Do you happen to do CIW?
I also study in Groningen, but I'm doing NTC and I'm now 2nd year BA.

The Doctor: Rose... before I go, I just want to tell you: you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what? [Pause] So was I!
Dr. Nicholas Rush: For a moment there I thought we were in trouble
RJA
JulNo Writer

Mood: Still in need of her summer holiday!

[*] posted on 7-4-2011 at 02:58 PM

Yay, Groningen as well! That's so cool! Do you live over here or travel?
And I'm just doing the regular Communication on Hanze University (HBO) ;) What's NTC?
Alies
JulNo Writer

Mood: Awake

[*] posted on 7-4-2011 at 03:34 PM

I travel. I live in Friesland. I assume you live there?
NTC = Nederlandse Taal en Cultuur. I study it on the RUG.

The Doctor: Rose... before I go, I just want to tell you: you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what? [Pause] So was I!
Dr. Nicholas Rush: For a moment there I thought we were in trouble
Sky Arturi
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Selena

[*] posted on 7-5-2011 at 01:40 PM
I'm taking the challenge

Hi, I'm Emma Sky from Syracuse. I've been a writer my whole life, but this is my first time with NoWriMo.

I worked out the idea for my new novel on the long weekend, and then I found out about JulNoWriMo thru some random link. So, I thot, yah...

I'm a nerd, okay, I admit it. I like old music and old books and new books and new music, I like nature and I like movies that make sense.

I gotta get used to this profile thingy so I look cooler.

Don't tell anyone else I'm a nerd, okay? Let 'em figger it out themselves.
Sky Arturi
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Selena

[*] posted on 7-5-2011 at 02:07 PM
Just realized-this is going to take time!

There are 27 days left, and that means I've gotta write over 1800 words per day!

OTOH, I've just whipped off 500, adn they're pretty good, too, if I have to say so myself.
bacchanale
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Aggiornamento

[*] posted on 7-6-2011 at 11:01 PM

Hi! :)
My name is Sarah and I live in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. This is my second year doing JulNoWriMo. Last year I got up to around 27,000 words or so, but I'm determined to get to the golden 50K line this year! I probably should have posted before but I'm really shy. I'm seventeen and going into my senior year in high school. It pretty much sums up my personality to say I'd rather spend my summer feverishly plotting and writting a depressing, dystopic sci-fi artistic kind of novel instead of getting a job like most normal teenagers. Basically, I'm weird (but in a good way, I hope!) and idiosyncratic. Besides writing, I like reading, swimming, all kinds of art, fashion, (in a splattering paint all over my jeans and tying balloons onto otherwise plain flip-flops kind of sense) music, animals, volunteering, acting, showing model horses, and a bunch of other strange eclectic things. I found out about JulNoWriMo from my Ocean City friend while making sculptures out of salt water taffy and other foods in a contest. The most random things trigger inspiration...
Melange
JulNo Royalty

JulNoWriMo Title: Shukugawa Monogatari

Word Count: 50414 / 50000
Word Count Start100% CompleteWord Count End

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-7-2011 at 05:11 AM

Hello,

I'm Melange aka Vanessa, I'm 18 and live in Austria. I've just finished school and will be studying Creative Writing (hopefully) in October. Since I have no job and a lot of free time, I decided to use the summer for writing. And then I discovered that writing when you have time is more difficult than writing when you have no time...

I'm a NaNo participant and actually trying to do Camp NaNo too. When not writing, I'm reading (Haruki Murakami, Carlos Ruiz Zafn and anything fantasy, dramatic or tragic), listening to or making music, drawing or doing sports (mostly swimming and cycling in summer). Also love Japan, its culture and language. Seeing so many active JulNo participants is actually a great surprise, I still remember the small and cozy the community from the JanNo forums. This seems to be something different, and I'm eager to check it all out. :)

[Edited on 7-7-2011 by Melange]
LadyWater
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Birdcage

[*] posted on 7-19-2011 at 06:39 PM

Hello!

I'm Leslie. I'm off to college in the fall, probably to study international relations or economics. I'm in the mountainous-central region of the US.

I love to read, and that's pretty much why I'm a writer! And I've figured out that I'm way more of a reader than a writer...less brain work.

this is the first time I've tried JulNo, though I've participated in NaNo and have never won. But, with 33k words left and 12 days, I'm SO going to pwn this novel.

I have never eaten frog legs.
Pruechelan
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: hyper

[*] posted on 7-19-2011 at 06:47 PM

Hi I'm Sen, turning 15 in November & I live in Canada!

♫♪♫▲
♪♪♪▲▲
KittyB78
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Double Trouble

[*] posted on 11-19-2011 at 05:56 PM

Wow, the site has changed a lot since I last visited. For those who don't know I'm KittyB78. People usually just call me Kitty.

I've written fanfiction since June 06, and started striking out on my own novels around the beginning of 2009. I'm a stay at home mom. 33 yrs old and always busy.

Due to many unseen and unfortunate events I missed Nano last year and Jul wrimo this year. But I did just attend my first Nano this year and I'm waiting to validate my win. I'm just under 70K words and have 2 and 1/2 chapters left to write out before the novel is complete.

Personal Motto:

"An author cannot grow without both constructive criticism and praise."- author me.
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]