Author: Subject: Plot help
thepianist2008
JulNo Writer

Mood: Ready to go!

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-21-2006 at 03:54 PM
Plot help

Thank God for you people! I though I was going to be sitting around waiting for November forever. Of course, I just found you guys, and really just started my novel 2 days ago on a whim. Anyway, I've got a problem. I'm writing a novel about kids with magic powers (I know, overdone) and I just had two pretty much action filled chapters. I think the reader needs a little downtime, I just don't know how to keep it going for about 2500 words (a chapter, about). I've already done most of the exposition (I wouldn't be at 5000 words without it). Any ideas on how to give the reader, and myself, a rest?
willibob3000
JulNo Writer

Mood: hopeful

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-22-2006 at 07:47 AM

Swap with me!!! My characters are refusing to get moving so I can get to the action scenes! They're currently debating whether murder is immoral. Sigh. Do you want them?

Seriously though, maybe they could go do something fun and you can write about that? Even kids with magic powers have to have some fun. Of course, that may not fit with your plot depending on what they're doing in the previous chapters. I've found silly arguments good for word count and a little break from action.
Good luck with the novel! Hope you work your little problem out.

Sarah

One plot, two characters and no idea what\'s going to happen!

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]