Author: Subject: Kissing?
snowkab
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: To Grace the Halls

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-7-2010 at 08:59 PM
Kissing?

Two of my MC are slowly dancing and lean in to kiss and.... They don't, they want to, but I need to have them wait to kiss. What's a good reason besides them getting interupted to have them not kiss? I could pull a Twilight and say he "isn't strong enough" (human and non-human) but I'd really rather not.
ohmynoti
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: involuntary archive

[*] posted on 7-7-2010 at 09:41 PM

inopportune snot bubble.

cheyenne.r.trumbo
JulNo Royalty

Mood: La Dee Dah

[*] posted on 7-7-2010 at 09:42 PM

Hah. Of have one of them sick? and sneeze, cough, etc. in other words... ruin the moment.

If it's outdoors, have it rain.

Indoors, someone steps on the other dance partner's foot.

_twilight_star_
JulNo Member

Mood: wondering just how I'm going to write my novel when I have no idea how it's going to end up. Yay for surprises!
JulNoWriMo Title: Disenchanted

[*] posted on 7-8-2010 at 12:02 AM

Have a friend come up to them and be like, "Hey, have you seen... oh, sorry man! Didn't realize you were having a moment!" or something. That would ruin it for me, haha.

AmintawithaRose
JulNo Writer

Mood: Eeek! It's about to start and I have no storyline!
JulNoWriMo Title: IDK :'(

Word Count: 2185 / 50000
Word Count Start4% Complete96% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-8-2010 at 12:08 AM

Nerves?

~"And that's just the tip of the iceberg, I'll do whatever it takes...to change." Owl City~
Tina
Super Moderator

Mood: Ain't Lonely

Word Count: 50021 / 50000
Word Count Start100% CompleteWord Count End

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-8-2010 at 07:01 AM

Have someone touch the other in a sensitive area (I'm talking like the ribs, thighs or some sort of pressure point: somewhere that might be unique to the person - nothing rude!). When my boyfriend touches my stomach when I try to kiss him I just start giggling or try and get away from him because it tickles. =]

~ ♥ ~
incandescent
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Deliver Me / Kinsman Redeemer / The Great Blackout / Of Servitude and Silence / Spinner's Inheritance

[*] posted on 7-8-2010 at 02:07 PM

If it's outside, my first kiss was ruined by the sighting of a snake over my boyfriend's shoulder.

This was particularly hilarious because we'd had an hour long conversation about how there could be no snakes in this area, period, end sentence, etc. I'm terrified of (wild) snakes. He was trying to convince me to walk through this really pretty section of the woods, and all I could say was, "Perfect for snakes. Ooh, I'd totally live under that log if I were a copperhead. NO! I'd live in the hollow under that tree!"

We were jumping from huge-rock to huge-rock across a really shallow, slow-moving river. I saw a rock that was just perfect looking -- the lighting was gorgeous, it was in the middle of the river, it was further out of the water than others and it just looked so damn good. So I said to myself, "Okay. When we get to THAT rock, I'll let him kiss me."

We got to that rock. I gave him the "you have three seconds to kiss her" look. He noticed, started to lean in... and I saw a HUGE snake tail disappearing into the water behind him.

The easiest answer, obviously, is to have someone simply decide "this isn't the time."

With a boyfriend of mine, we'd been having an argument. I said, "I've been giving you the 'you have three seconds to kiss me' look all night, you idiot." He said, "Oh yeah, I could totally tell." I called BS and we set up a game to prove whether or not he could tell. If he tried to kiss me when I wasn't giving him the look, I'd duck. If he didn't try to kiss me within five seconds when I was giving him the look, I'd make a buzzer noise (like the "you're out of time" noise on a game show) and wouldn't kiss him. And if he managed to read the expression and tried for a kiss, I'd kiss him.

That'd be fun to do in a story. Both characters obviously want to, but she's counting to five in her head to make sure it's within the parameters of her rules. At the last second, "beep! Took you more than five seconds." But she kind of regrets it.

(And for the curious, there were a lot of beeps and a lot of ducks. Clearly Alex doesn't know how to read the "you have three seconds" look.)

Attempting to write 400 words per day on 5 different stories.

Kinsman Redeemer: (Tragic Fantasy) 0/10k
Of Servitude and Silence: (Tragic Fantasy) 0/10k
Spinner's Inheritance: (Background work for oSaS and Kinsman series) 0/10k
Deliver Me: (Irritatingly mainstream fiction) 0/10k
The Great Blackout: (Pointless humor) 600/10k
snowkab
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: To Grace the Halls

[*] posted on 7-8-2010 at 02:49 PM

Thanks, I might have it rain... Or have it to do something with their masks seeing as their at a masquerade ball. Thanks for the ideas. :) And incandescent, I'm also terrified of snakes.... Though not as much as my dog.... :P
innocentidealist
JulNo Member

Mood: Wants to strangle her uncooperative characters. Why do they shut up NOW?
JulNoWriMo Title: Dancing with Danger (tenative)

[*] posted on 7-8-2010 at 09:10 PM

A stumble also works. A mask becomes a little loose, one of them stumbles, the other tries to keep them upright (works if its the girl falling, but they'd probably both fall if it was the guy, either way can be funny) and then the moment is lost. Just another way to think about it.

[Edited on 7-9-2010 by innocentidealist]

Nano 2009-Danger Stalking-Winner

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]