JulNoWriMo Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
  Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: First love during childhood?
rarte
JulNo Member

Mood: coffeeholic

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-6-2010 at 06:42 AM
First love during childhood?

One of my protagonists is a 7 years old girl and I think she will falling in love with a boy of her age range. The question is: how kids handle their first love this young? I saw this happening, but I have no idea how it feels like. Someone could share their stories, please? Specially insecurities. 8-)

incandescent
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Deliver Me / Kinsman Redeemer / The Great Blackout / Of Servitude and Silence / Spinner's Inheritance

[*] posted on 7-6-2010 at 10:37 AM

I dealt with it by blatantly lying about it ("I do NOT!") to other people and getting really paranoid any time I was around him, because I didn't want him to find out that I thought I "liked him like that". So I started avoiding him in a supposedly-sly manner while basically stalking him on the playground.

He decided this meant we weren't friends anymore because I was acting like a complete fool, and started playing with other kids.

I decided this meant he didn't love me, and wailed my lovesick heart out.

We mutually decided that love was a scary, scary thing and we'd approach it later. We never did.

Attempting to write 400 words per day on 5 different stories.

Kinsman Redeemer: (Tragic Fantasy) 0/10k
Of Servitude and Silence: (Tragic Fantasy) 0/10k
Spinner's Inheritance: (Background work for oSaS and Kinsman series) 0/10k
Deliver Me: (Irritatingly mainstream fiction) 0/10k
The Great Blackout: (Pointless humor) 600/10k
jsights
JulNo Writer

Mood: Writerly
JulNoWriMo Title: Ravaged Heart

[*] posted on 7-6-2010 at 12:19 PM

I'm with incandescent on the lying about it part. I had a MASSIVE crush on my good friend's twin brother, and the 3 of us plus 1 other guy hung out all the time. I'm not sure if he ever knew I "like liked" him or not, but it never went anywhere other than unrequited love. The crush lasted through the whole of my grade school years.

Jen

Daxne
JulNo Writer

Mood: Feeling good!
JulNoWriMo Title: Untitled

Word Count: 6912 / 50000
Word Count Start14% Complete86% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-6-2010 at 04:53 PM

I don't think I ever told anybody who I "like liked" until I hit middle school, but at the same time, I don't think I did a good job hiding it. If anybody suggested I "like liked" somebody I would get really paranoid and very defensive.

That said, my best friend and I decided we would get married when we were around four. He would always give me things that I liked, even if they were his favorite toys. It was definitely my first love, and I still regret us growing apart due to going to different schools. That's a bit younger than you're asking for, but for me at least, I had no problem telling anybody that we were in love.

So, the difference between those two is mainly that when I was in grade school I wouldn't admit to anybody who I liked, even if it was obvious, but that when I was younger I had no problem with everybody in the world knowing.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

rarte
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-6-2010 at 10:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Daxne  

That said, my best friend and I decided we would get married when we were around four. He would always give me things that I liked, even if they were his favorite toys. It was definitely my first love, and I still regret us growing apart due to going to different schools. That's a bit younger than you're asking for, but for me at least, I had no problem telling anybody that we were in love.

Oh! This is so adorable. I mean, the "he would give me anything, even if it was his favorite toys". I googled the subject and mostly were parents testimonies about their kids first crush. This and those sites saying boys do like this and girls do like that.
Quote: Originally posted by incandescent  
I dealt with it by blatantly lying about it ("I do NOT!") to other people and getting really paranoid any time I was around him, because I didn't want him to find out that I thought I "liked him like that". So I started avoiding him in a supposedly-sly manner while basically stalking him on the playground.

I laughed so much when I read this. I never heard about a mini stalker. XD

Aleare
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-7-2010 at 07:22 AM

I was apprehensive about telling him; defensive and all when people actually asked me about it. But soon enough we realized that we both "liked" each other and so we... I guess we kind of thought we were going out? We'd already been best friends beforehand, but we'd always sit next to each other, talk to each other, and he once happily told my mom that he was going to marry me someday.

There were other people who would sing that infamous little song, "so and so and so and so, kissing in a tree", which was really kind of stupid but I found it embarrasing, and I'd still always deny that I liked him if someone asked. :D
writer_mercia
JulNo Writer

Mood: Annoyed, and should be writing.
JulNoWriMo Title: Prince of Thieves

[*] posted on 7-7-2010 at 04:13 PM

I made my first marriage proposal when I was five. I cornered the guy I was 'in love' with, and demanded that he marry me when I grew up. o.0

My best friend's little brother has a crush on a fifteen year old girl. He frequently announces his undying love for her. They've decorated their house already, and decided which of Jack's rats he's bringing with him. The girl calls his mom "Mother-in-law." It's really funny :D:D

"I'm a thief."
"You're a WHAT?"
"A thief. You know, the kind that steals."
Darkhorserunner
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: I should probably be writing right now! Tsk, tsk!
JulNoWriMo Title: Bunny

[*] posted on 7-7-2010 at 04:50 PM

I remember that my mom told me a lot that if you love someone, tell them. So I did. Behind a tree. He spit in my face. :crying: Still love him to this day.

writer_mercia
JulNo Writer

Mood: Annoyed, and should be writing.
JulNoWriMo Title: Prince of Thieves

[*] posted on 7-7-2010 at 04:52 PM

Aw! *hugs Skwigle*

"I'm a thief."
"You're a WHAT?"
"A thief. You know, the kind that steals."
rarte
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-9-2010 at 01:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Aleare  

There were other people who would sing that infamous little song, "so and so and so and so, kissing in a tree", which was really kind of stupid but I found it embarrasing, and I'd still always deny that I liked him if someone asked. :D

This song is terrible, when I was a kid I had many guy friends and people would sing it to us. Like if I could have so many boyfriends. =T
Quote: Originally posted by Darkhorserunner  
I remember that my mom told me a lot that if you love someone, tell them. So I did. Behind a tree. He spit in my face. :crying: Still love him to this day.

Aww! *hugs* You could have spat back, it would be almost like kissing. :D

vampirebadger
JulNo Member

Mood: Smelly
JulNoWriMo Title: Dark Rain

[*] posted on 7-12-2010 at 10:05 AM

I was... seven I think? When a guy actually started to like me... I had no idea why he was giving me stuff (mostly interesting rocks) and calling every day, until I was in like middle school and then all of a sudden I had an "OH!" moment. To this day I still don't know why he was interested. XD

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]