JulNoWriMo Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
  Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: [Subforum: JulNoWriMo Progress Reports] [Realistic Fiction/Young Adult] BAM
brianacluster
JulNo Writer

Mood: lackadaisical
JulNoWriMo Title: ;l

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-2-2010 at 04:55 PM
[Realistic Fiction/Young Adult] BAM

Cover image taken from here

A couple of seniors are facing their last week of high school. Some are excited, others don't care, and some just don't want to let go. We are given three point of views by Priscilla Hopkins, Brent Curry, and Sheila Gilbert. Priscilla Hopkins is obbsessed with getting a boyfriend. She's never had one and feels as if though she never will at this point. Brent Curry is worried about everything that's going to be happening in the future. Sheila Gilbert just doesn't give a crap about life anymore and is ironically about to give birth soon since she's pregnant with her boyfriend's child.

Through the eyes of these seniors and the antics of the infamous Duncan Ventura, their last week together will never be forgotten.

... And I actually like that summary. :]

JULY 1ST. 3K, when I wanted 5K, but was too tired so had to settle for 3. :P

JULY 2ND. Got a little under 1K done for one of the ending scenes. I was too busy packing and cleaning to get anything else done, the day's not over yet, but I'm going to sleep early.

Don't expect many or any posts next week, as I'll be away from my home and might not have internet access. :/

[Edited on 7-3-2010 by brianacluster]

somethingwitty
JulNo Writer

Mood: Ugh...
JulNoWriMo Title: The Satelite Dimension

[*] posted on 7-2-2010 at 05:19 PM

Awesome. :) I'd love to read that! Good luck in Julno!

Thanks to thepillsburydoughgirl for the avatar!

Nano 2009-5,000 Years From Now
4398/3000
Screnzy 2009-Time Traveler's Association UNFINISHED/FAIL
4 pages/3 pages
Julno 2010-The Satelite Dimension
3959 (so far)/50000
brianacluster
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-3-2010 at 07:36 PM

Thank you, somethingwitty! Good luck to you too!

JULY 3RD. So I'm in a new state, and its 8:30 pm and I'm burned out. XD

Doubt any writing will get done as I feel like I'm going to pass out right about now. But I'll try. Funny news, yesterday I forced myself to get 5k before I went to bed and I did it. :]

I thought that Priscilla would be my favorite POV to write (since she is just another version of me *cough*) but, Sheila is absolutly AMAZING! I love writing her! XD I guess I'm a sucker for sarcastic characters, not whiny ones. Sorry Priscilla, I still love you!!!

And Brent well.... I got to get to know him a little more.

Alright. I'm out! (Yes, I got internet connection in New York! It's beautiful here!!!! So much better than boring ol' Florida. :P)

[Edited on 7-4-2010 by brianacluster]

brianacluster
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-5-2010 at 07:29 PM

July 4th. Nada.

July 5th. Sighhh.........

Description and me don't mix. XD Dialogue and me are like the best of friends. :] (probably not gramatically correct, don't go Nazi on me!)

When I see a scene in my head, I find it tough to describe for two reasons; first--because I don't have a very expanded vocabulary. I don't know what to describe because I don't have a lot of words to describe much. I mean, how many times can you say 'he took it out', 'she took a sip', 'they looked at eachother', 'she smiled'. Bahhh.

second--because it's hard to describe what exactly is going on (kinda same as the first). I see something, but I don't know how to say it! I don't know what it's called if it has a proper name! If two people are in a car, what are you supposed to describe? -needs to look at Paper Towns again, too bad it's not here with me!- I'm better off as a screen writer. :P But it's not the same as writing a novel.

As for now, I'm stuck in a car with Brent and Chris. Cigarretts and condoms are what's being talked about, and then perhaps they can talk about why Duncan's having secret meetings for all the seniors at different times. :P

Mass Facebook message sent by Duncan Ventura:

Quote:

"SUBJECT: SENIOR MEETINGS

Hey everyone! (DO NOT reply here, if you have any questions or something, send me a message, instead. Thank you.)

I’m going to be hosting secret senior meetings. I don’t want all of you at once to show up—that would be too suspicious. Instead, we’ll meet at the library tomorrow. I’ve provided an alphabet (LAST NAME) as to who I want to talk to and when. I’ll be at the library all day, but it’s your job to show up at your given time. If you show up at a different time, you’re a loser and I won’t talk to you. You’re just going to have to ask your senior friends about it.

A-C: 8:00 AM
D-F: 8:34 AM
G-I: 9:07 AM
J-L: 9:41 AM
M-O: 10:09 AM
P-R: 10:42 AM
S-U: 11:11 AM
V-X: 11:32 AM
Y&Z: 12:05 PM

AND ABSOLUTLY NO UNDERCLASSMEN ARE TO COME OR ARE TO KNOW ABOUT THIS! No brothers and sisters in Freshmen, Sophomore, or Junior year is allowed to hear about it. If you spread the word, you’re dead meat. Trust me. (;"

[Edited on 7-6-2010 by brianacluster]

Zombina
JulNo Writer

Mood: zomkol
JulNoWriMo Title: 12824

[*] posted on 7-5-2010 at 09:42 PM

This sounds really super. So many people write teen books and say, Oh, it's all about proms, it's all about who looks like what, but it's not. We have to go to college, or if we aren't going to college we have to say why, and say what we want to do instead. I'm going into sophomore year, and the graduating seniors are kind of freaking out. We all are, moving up a grade--a grade closer to life! I would totally read this. It's like, our life, but without the cliché. good luck and good writing!

Kol?
Silpelit
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-6-2010 at 01:13 PM

As someone who just graduated high school, I would read this in a heartbeat! I hope your seniors have a good senior prank...my class sure didn't! Judging by the secret "senior meetings," I'm guessing something is up? :P
brianacluster
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-9-2010 at 09:08 PM

Zombina & Silpelit (I LOVE your avatar BTW, it made me laugh) thanks for the support! It's so good to hear that some people would pick this up for a read. (I'm actually hoping this one will get published!)

So,

JULY 6TH. Fell on the bed as soon as I got to their house. Okay, did a bit of writing. :/

JULY 7TH. Meh, a little bit of writing (I was super lazy because today we just stayed at home to take a rest, and instead of writing I was watching all of my subscribed youtube videos. XD)

JULY 8TH. Nada.

JULY 9TH. Sorta a lot? I don't know anymore--I'm soo behind. But anyways, I did get pass Brent and back on Sheila, yay! :] So, since she's a bit busy about to talk to her boyfriend about how depressed she is (I just have this feeling, even though I didn't start the scene yet) I'll give you a little excerpt from earlier on Brent's POV:

Quote:
She glanced at both of us while grabbing another Funyun from the bag and taking a bite. “Why do you care?”

“Yeah,” I said, looking at Chris, “Why do we care?”

Chris rolled his eyes. “I gave you your favorite unhealthy snack. Just tell us!”

She wagged a finger at him and sighed. “I don’t know a lot, just about Senior Freeze day.” She shrugged.

“Everyone already knows that.” I said, “It’s kinda lame.”

Her eyes widened and she quickly said in defense, “No it’s not! It’s actually pretty funny and slightly awesome!”

“It does sound stupid,” Chris agreed with me.

Ashlee gave an extremely loud sigh and said, “Why does everyone think it’s dumb? I mean come on! All the seniors freezing in the hallways—it’s brilliant!” She ate another Funyun and added grudgingly, “I gave the idea the Duncan and he actually thought it was kinda neat and said he’d run it by the Duke—” Her eyes went huge and bulged out of their sockets as she brought both of her hands to her mouth, dropping the bag and dog leash.

Chris stood silent as a tapped him on the shoulder. “Dude, I think we found our answer.”

brianacluster
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-12-2010 at 10:06 PM

JULY10. Hell, I don't even remember. :P

JULY 11. Nada.

JULY 12. Got down to Sheila's scene. OMG, I'm actaully proud of it! It's so...hot. XD (NO SEX, just kissing) I couldn't and will not write sex scenes. (is a fade-to-black kinda person) Then it became adorable. I love Justin! (aka, Sheila's boyfriend)

I really do need to use these MLIAs that I keep saving. And I need to write more! I'm failing here!

brianacluster
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-15-2010 at 10:31 PM

JULY 13. Somehow ended Sheila's POV.

JULY 14. Didn't work at all. :/ (had an amazing idea all last night though).

JULY 15. Gradually working on Priscilla.

I thought up the SENIOR PRANK. THE EPIC ONE, which isn't really a prank to be honest. :P But it's more like a scavenger hunt for the other students to work on all week. :]

Not to say, there isn't going to be traditional pranks. Ever day through out the last week, there will be some sort of prank. I have a prank for every day, except Thursday. I'm Googling and watching Youtube videos, but nothing's catching my eye. I must think of something.

Other than that, I should get back to work. XD

brianacluster
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-17-2010 at 11:54 AM

JULY 16. A couple of paragraphs. :/

JULY 17. Pushing over back to Brent's POV now. Priscilla and Sheila have to be at the same meeting, just realized XD! But Sheila arrived late for a couple of reasons.

The songs which I cannot absolutly stop listening to are Up Up and Away by Lights and Spin by We The Kings.

brianacluster
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-25-2010 at 02:19 PM

I'm not even going to bother with the last couple of days. :/

But I'm writing right now. It's amazing how much I can get down if I just exit out of my browser. XD

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]