JulNoWriMo Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
  Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5
Author: Subject: JulNo has started. First paragraphs, please.
MissCellanea
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Playing with Fire

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-6-2010 at 11:09 AM

No one dared question her inclination. Though her oldest children no longer lived at home, Marion insisted on a family breakfast once a week. Dutifully, they gathered on the veranda of Danforth Manor every Sunday at eight.

SillyGirl
JulNo Member

Mood: stressing
JulNoWriMo Title: Unnatural/Broken Mirrors

[*] posted on 7-6-2010 at 02:15 PM

Sirens screamed, echoing through the cargo hold. I rammed my hands into the E-suit, pulled on the helmet and slammed the door control. The air hissed out of the room as I watched the sensor waiting for the light to turn green.
- Broken Mirrors

Twenty years ago Jay Leno got his headline. Psychic wins lottery. - Unnatural

Bookish13
JulNo Writer

Mood: :]
JulNoWriMo Title: Digimon Guardians

[*] posted on 7-6-2010 at 07:09 PM

“I didn’t do it!” Renata cringed as she heard her brother shout from the attic. A moment before there had been a large crash, but Renata had shrugged it off as some of her brother’s harmless antics. Now she second guessed the harmlessness of her brother’s actions and stood up.
---

Not very catchy, I'll admit, but it's fanfiction. *shrugs*

TakuyaKenzo
JulNo Writer

Mood: Demotivated and depressed
JulNoWriMo Title: Cross of Gray

[*] posted on 7-7-2010 at 07:37 PM

It was already eight o'clock when Hannah stepped out of her house in Cleveland. She had slept too long... At the last moment she got her things packed. And her mother didn't remember that because her bus goes at 8:10, she has to be waken up earlier than usual. But if she misses the bus...

"Close your eyes and pretend it's all a bad dream." "Then write it down!"
Sam_Garrison
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Title: The Staff of Monsters

[*] posted on 7-7-2010 at 10:41 PM

The late spring sun beat down on the ugly gray buildings of the school. It was midday, and the only shadows present were under a few scattered benches and some sparse trees. In one class room, the air conditioning unit was broken, so the students were forced to endure a long history lesson sweating, feeling quite miserable.
_twilight_star_
JulNo Member

Mood: wondering just how I'm going to write my novel when I have no idea how it's going to end up. Yay for surprises!
JulNoWriMo Title: Disenchanted

[*] posted on 7-7-2010 at 11:54 PM

Elden Christopher could remember the day that Leigh moved into the neighborhood like the day when he could finally dive without belly flopping. His childlike self had been convinced that he became a man when he could do a real dive and even more of a man when he met the bright-eyed Leigh Keene. Somewhere in the back of his six year old mind he knew that the summer was changing, that his life was changing. He felt that after those moments something would be different in him.

Feytouched
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Title: A Ghost's Tale

[*] posted on 7-11-2010 at 02:41 AM

Seirei quietly looked at the man in front of her pretending her thoughts were on him. They weren’t though. With the man’s sudden arrival, Seirei felt as though her world had shrunk. Like a wild animal, panicking as it heard the bars of a cage it hadn't realized was there close, what she wanted most in the world was to flee. Instead she focused herself on Kii and tried to ignore the feeling of eyes watching her. His bright brown eyes regarded her softly and perhaps if his had been the only ones, she wouldn’t have felt the unnatural panic well up. Even so, it was a fact that she didn’t know him and to make matters worse, she didn’t know if she wanted to. Still, Seirei had never run from her duty before and she wouldn’t run now.

Not bad for a rough draft beginning, right?

Creating a world, even in words, makes one a God, and is a damn good reason to believe in Polythesism. -Unknown

www.bamatthews.ca - The Writings & Musings of B.A. Matthews
Wingman
JulNo Royalty

Mood: "Don't say its a fine morning or i'll shoot ya"-John Wayne
JulNoWriMo Title: The Conspiracy

[*] posted on 7-11-2010 at 02:53 AM

January 10, 1916
"I read the news today"; two young gentlemen were strolling down the scuffed cracked side walks of Chicago, Illinois. At a relatively fast leisurely pace you can tell there is something troubling them by their body posture.

"Talk low Talk slow and don't say too much"-John Wayne

What ever you do don't forget to save Save
SAVE! AND I MEAN IT

Writers Creatures of the night
Ragnelle
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Title: Where the Grass Grows Green book II

[*] posted on 7-11-2010 at 11:12 AM

“The armies of Mordor hesitated and the Nazgűl turned under the attack of the eagles and fled towards the Dark Land. For a moment the hearts of all the armies of the West was lifted and victory seemed within our grasp."

*hurries back to writing*

Practising Dyslexic. Do not let ortographical digressions interfere with the intentions of this statement.

Ever tried? Ever Failed? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. - Samuel Becket
Brytanie
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-15-2010 at 01:26 AM

Despair had left Max dry as an empty husk and he couldn’t bring himself to cry.

Technically a first sentence, but it's also my first paragraph :).

LoveLikeRockets177
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-15-2010 at 10:45 AM

"Step One: Load the gun with nothing but gunpowder.
Step Two: Place the bullet inside the magician’s mouth.
Step Three: Invite a stranger from the audience on stage to be a volunteer.
Step Four: Allow the volunteer to inspect the gun – let him assure the audience it is real.
Reminder: Do not, by any means, allow a volunteer to point the gun at himself.

To a magician well-versed in his craft, keeping his volunteers under control should have been first grade stuff. However, when a volunteer puts the magician in a position where he could do nothing to change the outcome, first grade flies right out the door."

Okay, so it's not really just the first paragraph, but all of it's important. :)

[Edited on 7-16-2010 by LoveLikeRockets177]
BusterBrown
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Paper Platypus

[*] posted on 7-16-2010 at 12:17 AM

"Synus Ferman’s pet dragon was upset. She had coiled herself up in the highest corner of the room, on top of the wardrobe, and refused to come down. When he stood on a chair and tried to coax her out, she hissed and rattled her paper scales and snapped at his fingers with tiny fangs. From there, he hadn’t known what to do. She never acted like this."

rschmwrite
JulNo Writer

Mood: Content & Excited
JulNoWriMo Title: World of Prey

[*] posted on 7-16-2010 at 07:53 PM

Astraia O’Ryan creeped softly towards a burrow. Her eyes locked hard on her target—a family of three wild dogs.

Visit Avatars, Signatures, Banners, Oh My! to request Anything you Want.
tis_be_sarah
JulNo Member

Mood: nervous bliss...
JulNoWriMo Title: Somebody Had Told Me...

[*] posted on 7-16-2010 at 09:10 PM

Yawn, scratch head, look confused, rinse, lather, repeat. Advanced placement Global history is naptime for the big shots. Not to mention my AP global teacher, Mrs. Kensington, has a voice so monotone it could knock out a group of ADD inflicted, Ritalin deprived, caffeine driven second graders. So just imagine what that could do to high school sophomores. At 7:45 in the morning. It’s most positively lethal.

"art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephan Sodheim

My amazing AVPM avatar came from:http://fayethefaery.livejournal.com/35881.html?mode=reply
~*Craz4writing*~
JulNo Procrastinator

Mood: I came out to have a good time
JulNoWriMo Title: ?

Word Count: 42728 / 50000
Word Count Start85% Complete15% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-16-2010 at 09:27 PM

The cobbled streets of London were damp with the evenings drizzle. The town was mostly asleep and quiet. Little could be heard by any and everything was still. A faint glow was coming from a fairly sized inn in the middle of town. Nestled between an old book shop and a black smith, a single candle lit the main room of the inn.

Imperatrix Xoco
JulNo Royalty

Mood: ecstatic and insatiate

[*] posted on 7-17-2010 at 02:25 AM

Well. First paragraph and a quarter, since technically my first paragraph is only one sentence. :d

"Daire was five years old when he met the first idea.

She was just a little bit taller than him, stocky, hair dark and wildly curly, moving as she moved, bouncing and swirling on her head like a little sea of brown waves. A little princess in mismatched tennis shoes."

[Edited on 7-17-2010 by Imperatrix Xoco]

Aestua Nox
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: pretty optimistic
JulNoWriMo Title: Day of Silence / other projects

[*] posted on 7-18-2010 at 11:12 PM

((Mine is a continuation of last year's JulNo. And last year, I stopped in the middle of the scene. Anyway, here's where I picked up:))

I twisted my head to look at Green in blissful disbelief, but he wasn’t looking at me—he was slumped slightly, leaning on me as I leaned on him, staring at his parents with an intense mix of relief and gratitude. I relaxed against him, resting the back of my head against his chest and closing my eyes.

((So many physical descriptions! Hahaha...I was warming up. :P ))

MissCellanea
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Playing with Fire

smiley11.gif posted on 7-20-2010 at 06:35 PM
new story, new paragraph

So excited! I began a new story. I know, it's late in the game, but I love it! In fact, I love it so much, here's the first two paragraphs. (I've resisted the urge to post the entire first page!)

I had always taken for granted that dreams and reality were two separate worlds. That what occurred in one couldn’t possibly occur in the other. That the wall which divided the two was impenetrable. How was I to know this wall that I hid behind was merely a vapor, a shadow, a wisp? Under normal circumstances, I was that shadow. Like some creature in the night, I was to be avoided at all costs. On a subconscious level, with the mention of my name came the realization of the danger it imposed. My mere presence instilled a sense of fear in a normal human being.

fayola
Experienced JulNo'er

[*] posted on 8-5-2010 at 06:01 PM

The paragraph I wrote at midnight on the first of July was absolutely crap, to be honest. I've just spontaniously started to re-write my novel. My first few paragraphs still need some work, and this is, like, my 5th paragraph or something, but I like it :D so I'm going to post it here even though technically it's not my first paragraph.

Quote:
I should probably tell you some things about myself before I tell you my story. My name is Richard Lucifer Neon Rothmore. From my name, you can gather at least one thing: my parents were horrible, horrible people. Well, at least they were nice enough to make my first name the most normal, so I could just spend the rest of my days in relative peace, as long as I never told anyone my middle names. Of course, at some point in your childhood, the kids at school are going to want to find out what everyone’s middle name is. Thankfully I was always that quiet, nerdy kid at school who sat at the back of the class thinking about parallel universes while the other 3-year-olds played with play-doh, so when I would refuse to answer when someone asked me what my middle name was, they assumed it was just because I was weird and shy, and not because my middle name is Lucifer Neon.

It makes more sense with the previous few paragraphs, because he was talking about parallel universes, so thae part about that when he was 3 years old was just a joke... heheheh... my attempts at comedy fail. :/

Pages:  1  ..  3    5

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]