Author: Subject: A party! :)
Cherri
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: Searching for words...
JulNoWriMo Title: Unsigned Letters

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 6-29-2010 at 03:50 PM

"The Boeshane Peninsula, fifty first century." Jack replied, "But the time I've spent on Earth has been mostly in Cardiff." He turned for a moment to talk to Serin. "We should go to America, you'd like it there."
"I'd stick out like a sore thumb, Jack. And we're not sight-seeing, we're looking for something, remember?" Serin rolled his eyes before answering Bunny's question. "I was hatched on a ship, so I don't exactly have anywhere that I'm from... but my species originates from a small planet in a solar system about twenty-thousand light-years away from the Milky Way."

"You people and your quaint little categories."
somethingwitty
JulNo Writer

Mood: Ugh...
JulNoWriMo Title: The Satelite Dimension

[*] posted on 6-29-2010 at 03:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Zombina  
Mut frowned within himself and gave the girl a bright smile. He watched Lily being beautiful with the guy. She liked that sort of thing; she had spent too long degrading herself, and now she was making up for it. He felt a buoy of pride in his throat.

So he wouldn't frown. He would smile. Still, though...she was a touchy b****. [[If anyone has issues with profanity, just tell me. It's a habit of my characters and most often doesn't mean anything.]]

"I'm sorry, too. What's wrong with me? I should have realized. My name is Matthew. I..." What to tell? She didn't want to know anything about him, she was just nervous. "Come on, now," he said, moving closer and taking her hand in his. "You're a gorgeous girl and I just wanted to dance..."

"No, no, it's fine. I just wanted your name. Go ahead, but I don't know how to dance." Now she was really hoping he hadn't thought anything bad about her. She really had a problem with trust, which caused her to say kind of...bad things. "Could you help?"

Thanks to thepillsburydoughgirl for the avatar!

Nano 2009-5,000 Years From Now
4398/3000
Screnzy 2009-Time Traveler's Association UNFINISHED/FAIL
4 pages/3 pages
Julno 2010-The Satelite Dimension
3959 (so far)/50000
somethingwitty
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 6-29-2010 at 04:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by somethingwitty  
Mut frowned within himself and gave the girl a bright smile. He watched Lily being beautiful with the guy. She liked that sort of thing; she had spent too long degrading herself, and now she was making up for it. He felt a buoy of pride in his throat.

So he wouldn't frown. He would smile. Still, though...she was a touchy b****. [[If anyone has issues with profanity, just tell me. It's a habit of my characters and most often doesn't mean anything.]]

"I'm sorry, too. What's wrong with me? I should have realized. My name is Matthew. I..." What to tell? She didn't want to know anything about him, she was just nervous. "Come on, now," he said, moving closer and taking her hand in his. "You're a gorgeous girl and I just wanted to dance..."

"No, no, it's fine. I just wanted your name. Go ahead, but I don't know how to dance." Now she was really hoping he hadn't thought anything bad about her. She really had a problem with trust, which caused her to say kind of...bad things. "Could you help?"

Something I wanted to add:

But still...he was a stranger. He seemed kind of...you know? To her. "Just don't do anything...you know." She hoped he knew.

4398/3000
4 pages/3 pages
3959 (so far)/50000
Zombina
JulNo Writer

Mood: zomkol
JulNoWriMo Title: 12824

[*] posted on 6-30-2010 at 01:54 PM

Mut rolled his eyes, exasperated. Low self-esteem, sure. But she didn't have to exploit it. Was this flirting? Was she flirting with him, the way some men, versed in pathos, lured women in with tales of broken hearts?

...Lily looked so happy, though. He felt his heart ache. [[Vague godmode here, assuming that Ian has talked to Lily.]]

"It's not hard. Dancing, I mean. Come on, I'll show you." He took the girl's arm, harder, maybe, than he should have, and maneuvered her out onto the dance floor. Begonia pink and whale blue flashed across their skins. "Feel the beat, that's all. Feel it? Now move."

He liked to dance, perhaps not as much as Lily, but a fair amount. He liked the smooth feeling of his joints turning into pillowy clouds and his muscles into silver. That was the point of dancing, maybe, to feel smooth and frantic at the same time.

Kol?
Darkhorserunner
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: I should probably be writing right now! Tsk, tsk!
JulNoWriMo Title: Bunny

[*] posted on 6-30-2010 at 02:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Cherri  
"The Boeshane Peninsula, fifty first century." Jack replied, "But the time I've spent on Earth has been mostly in Cardiff." He turned for a moment to talk to Serin. "We should go to America, you'd like it there."
"I'd stick out like a sore thumb, Jack. And we're not sight-seeing, we're looking for something, remember?" Serin rolled his eyes before answering Bunny's question. "I was hatched on a ship, so I don't exactly have anywhere that I'm from... but my species originates from a small planet in a solar system about twenty-thousand light-years away from the Milky Way."

"Well, that's cool," Bunny said. "You should come to the state fair. We have this giant butter cow ... it's so weird." She smiled at the sheer oddness of it.

somethingwitty
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 6-30-2010 at 02:41 PM

Mut rolled his eyes, exasperated. Low self-esteem, sure. But she didn't have to exploit it. Was this flirting? Was she flirting with him, the way some men, versed in pathos, lured women in with tales of broken hearts?

...Lily looked so happy, though. He felt his heart ache. [[Vague godmode here, assuming that Ian has talked to Lily.]]

"It's not hard. Dancing, I mean. Come on, I'll show you." He took the girl's arm, harder, maybe, than he should have, and maneuvered her out onto the dance floor. Begonia pink and whale blue flashed across their skins. "Feel the beat, that's all. Feel it? Now move."

He liked to dance, perhaps not as much as Lily, but a fair amount. He liked the smooth feeling of his joints turning into pillowy clouds and his muscles into silver. That was the point of dancing, maybe, to feel smooth and frantic at the same time.

She felt him guide her across the dance floor. It felt so nice. Maybe I should loosen up, she thought, at least here. She smiled, but didn't talk, worried about what he would say.
She looked out of the corner of her eye, and saw Ian glare at her. She flashed a big smile his way. That shows him! She thought.
This is nice...she thought. Maybe I should ask Ian, when we finish, of course.

4398/3000
4 pages/3 pages
3959 (so far)/50000
Zombina
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 6-30-2010 at 03:37 PM

The boy that Lily was with was glaring at this girl. Mut winked at Lily, shimmying her way across to him, and left to meet her in the middle of the floor. It was enough to have to coax the girl into dancing; if she felt like continuing, she could damn well follow.

He and Lily met powerfully. His hands closed around her wrists and she arched backwards, turning the movement into a graceful pirouette. She touched him on his cheek. For a moment, beneath the kohl and mascara, her eyes glittered with a weird, familiar tenderness.

"Done with the guy?" he asked, spinning her around again. They had tried learning to tango a few years ago, but ended up incorporating it into their own style. It gave everything a charge. Like a hundred naked women stampeding across hell. (That's what Mut thought. He was pretty sure the image didn't come to anyone else.)

"Maybe," Lily said. "He's pretty not into it. Boring."

Mut could tell she thought they were the best dancers here. At least the most motivated, he thought. The party was falling over on its a**.

[[EDIT: horrible sentence.]]

[Edited on 6-30-2010 by Zombina]

Kol?
somethingwitty
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-1-2010 at 05:25 PM

The boy that Lily was with was glaring at this girl. Mut winked at Lily, shimmying her way across to him, and left to meet her in the middle of the floor. It was enough to have to coax the girl into dancing; if she felt like continuing, she could damn well follow.

He and Lily met powerfully. His hands closed around her wrists and she arched backwards, turning the movement into a graceful pirouette. She touched him on his cheek. For a moment, beneath the kohl and mascara, her eyes glittered with a weird, familiar tenderness.

"Done with the guy?" he asked, spinning her around again. They had tried learning to tango a few years ago, but ended up incorporating it into their own style. It gave everything a charge. Like a hundred naked women stampeding across hell. (That's what Mut thought. He was pretty sure the image didn't come to anyone else.)

"Maybe," Lily said. "He's pretty not into it. Boring."

Mut could tell she thought they were the best dancers here. At least the most motivated, he thought. The party was falling over on its a**.

[[EDIT: horrible sentence.]]

[Edited on 6-30-2010 by Zombina]

(I'm confused. Who are we talking about here?)

4398/3000
4 pages/3 pages
3959 (so far)/50000
Zombina
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-1-2010 at 06:54 PM

[[Lily was with Ian, but left. Mut was with Kira, but left. I think they'll both leave soon, I'm not going to be able to RP for a couple of days and I don't want to mess up the thread :embarrassed:]]

Kol?
somethingwitty
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-2-2010 at 09:42 AM

[[Lily was with Ian, but left. Mut was with Kira, but left. I think they'll both leave soon, I'm not going to be able to RP for a couple of days and I don't want to mess up the thread :embarrassed:]]

(It's okay. :) )

Ditched by a boy! How usual, she thought.
She wandered through the crowd, trying to find someone. Instead, she ran into Ian...someone she did NOT want to talk to.
"Ian? What do you want?" She snapped.
He replied gently, "Uh...nothing. What happened to you?"
"Ditched by a boy,"
"Ditched by a girl," They both laughed. "Well, look over there." He pointed to where a girl and Captain Jack were talking. "Let's go talk to them. And this time, I WON'T abandon you." He smiled.
"Just to make sure, take my hand." She said seriously.
"Fine, fine," He said, stifling a smile.
"Hello," They both said, directing it at either of them.
"I'm Kira,"
"I'm Ian,"

4398/3000
4 pages/3 pages
3959 (so far)/50000
Cherri
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: Searching for words...
JulNoWriMo Title: Unsigned Letters

[*] posted on 7-2-2010 at 11:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Darkhorserunner  

"Well, that's cool," Bunny said. "You should come to the state fair. We have this giant butter cow ... it's so weird." She smiled at the sheer oddness of it.

"A giant butter cow? Is that a cow made out of butter, or what?" Jack asked, grinning at the thought. "Only on Earth, no where else in the Universe." He commented.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Serin, this is Jack." Serin told Kira and Ian when they approached, holding out a hand to shake with each of them alternately. He was becoming rather comfortable here. There weren't the odd looks that he often recieved back on the Earth that he and Jack were used to.

[Edited on 7-2-2010 by Cherri]

"You people and your quaint little categories."
Zombina
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-2-2010 at 02:29 PM

[[YAYYYY MISSION COMPLETE.]]
Lily and Mut left.

Kol?
angelxallow
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-2-2010 at 11:22 PM

Stella walked into the party, unsure of herself. It had been a long time since she had been to such a gathering, since most of the parties back where she was from were only for those who either wanted to buy or sell sex, drugs or weapons. After sliding her brown hair over her shoulder to let it fall down her back, she slid her hands into her pockets, allowing a grin to settle gently on her lips as she scanned the room with violet eyes.
doan2300
JulNo Member

Mood: caffeinated
JulNoWriMo Title: Falldown from the Broken City

[*] posted on 7-8-2010 at 08:22 PM

The first thing Lunarian noticed when she entered the room and swept over it with her usual impassive gaze was that the soundsystem, though switched on, was silent. What kind of party didn't have any of the latest Game Over anthems playing? The ambience would improve with some Hyperdirge. Maybe do something about the lighting as well, it was flashing in all sorts of colours that weren't red. She walked across the room to the DJ's booth...
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]