JulNoWriMo Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
  Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: Cover me up! request thread.
snowkab
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: To Grace the Halls

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-2-2010 at 02:07 AM

Username of cover requester: arcadian
Estimation of time to make cover: A day or two
Just a hint, I'm not very good, only ever made one other cover but I'm willing to give it a shot. I've already met my quota ;).
zemmy
JulNo Member

Mood: Warring against myself
JulNoWriMo Title: Wallis

[*] posted on 7-2-2010 at 08:13 AM

Username: zemmy
Title of novel: Wallis
Your name or pseudo name (only if you would like this on the cover): J.Byrd
Any other text?: Nope
A short description of your novelís themes/plot/character (depending on what you would wish the cover to focus on): Wallis is about a person named Wallis, but Wallis has a secret that nobody can know. He isn't human; he isn't exactly sure what he is, maybe just insane. Wallis suffers from extreme asthma attacks, and whenever he has one he loses a chunk of his memory. It could be the face of a person he once knew or a complete year out of his life. The only thing he knows for sure is that he'll always have his reflection. His reflection has a life of its own, but only he can see it move when it doesn't copy him.

At 15 Wallis transfers to a rundown detention school on the outskirts of Calgary, Alberta by his foster parents whose identities were lost in an asthma attack. Bragg Institute is exactly like every other detention school Wallis has been to in his life. The teachers are strict, the students separated into gangs, and the school building falling apart. But when he sees another reflection with its own life, he gets drawn into a world his asthma attacks made him forget.

Wallis deals with gender issues (in a supernatural setting), and I only used gender pronouns to describe the plot for you. Wallis actually doesn't have a gender. But if you must know, Wallis's genitalia is female. This isn't acknowledged much in the plot though, or in any of his romantic relationships.
Any images that you would like to be on the cover (not necessary): Maybe a male and a female body intertwined, but not hugging or doing anything affectionate. If you use picture of a person, please make them androgynous.
Any other details?: For tones or colours, something dark or melancholy but not black and white/sepia please.

[Edited on 7-2-2010 by zemmy]

For some inane reason I decided to do JulNoWriMo. Apparently one month isn't nearly enough agonizing torture for my mind in a year, I had to go for two.
KBlooms
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: London Conspiracy

[*] posted on 7-2-2010 at 08:29 AM

KBlooms

Kevin Bloomfield

Knight Fall

It's a murder mystery set in an alternate history steampunk Victorian era where magic is around but uncommon and my magical detective protagonist, Nicholas Knight, is working against the clock to find the murderer of Benjamin Disraeli before Britain plunges into civil war.
nocturneequuis
JulNo Member

Mood: ok
JulNoWriMo Title: Twisted

[*] posted on 7-2-2010 at 12:59 PM

Username: nocturneequuis
Title of novel: Twisted
Your name or pseudo name (only if you would like this on the cover): S. R. Remmek
Any other text?:
A short description of your novelís themes/plot/character (depending on what you would wish the cover to focus on): The novel is about two boys who only have eachother to depend on in the world, and the ties of family and love. The theme is sort of the red thread of destiny, connected to someone else by a simple invisible red thread.
Any images that you would like to be on the cover (not necessary): I'd like the red thread to be worked in there somewhere.
:D

LoveLikeRockets177
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-2-2010 at 01:19 PM

Username of cover requester: nocturneequuis
Estimation of time to make cover: Done.

Note: I wasn't sure how old the boys were and what the nature of their relationship was, so I took a chance. If you don't like it, I apologize!
FantasyFreak
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Title: Chaos is Thicker than Blood

[*] posted on 7-2-2010 at 02:31 PM

Username: FantasyFreak
Title of novel: Iynisans Blessed by Tattered Angel Wings
Book One of the Betrayal Quartet
Your name or pseudo name (only if you would like this on the cover): Lara Hearn and Siona Larsen
Any other text?: If room - The Phoenix Academy Series
A short description of your novelís themes/plot/character (depending on what you would wish the cover to focus on): Nathaniel Cynn's soul is torn in two and the part capable of true human emotion is trapped in a shadowy cage. Eleanor Cooper was a pure hearted servant girl that dreamed of true love but never expected it. When a evil dragon leads the southern barbarians in revolt on the kindgom, Eleanor becomes the next king and must team up with Nathaniel, the man that betrayed the former King to the dragon. A romance blossoms between them but is Eleanor willing to give up her innocence to be with the man she loves more than anything? And can Nathaniel regain his trapped and tortured innocence so he can truely love her back?
Any images that you would like to be on the cover (not necessary): I would really like to see feathers. White if possible. Falling white feathers from a wing that could be an angel's would be even neater. If not, I'm cool.
Any other details?: This is a coop novel with on e of my best friends who is not participating in JulNo... she might have to next year though :P

Savara
JulNo Writer

Mood: Hopeful
JulNoWriMo Title: The Obsidian Shifters

[*] posted on 7-2-2010 at 03:21 PM

Username: Savara
Title of novel: The Obsidian Shifters
Your name or pseudo name (only if you would like this on the cover): C Reijmers
Any other text?:
A short description of your novelís themes/plot/character (depending on what you would wish the cover to focus on): Fantasy, epic, war, striving for unity. There's a "Land of Lakes" in the story so maybe something related to that. No actual obsidian on the cover please :) Movement of some sort - a character moving making the picture blurry or no character but a sense of movement in another way. Light/natural colours. (Characters are mostly dark-skinned - but I'd prefer no photographs for the character(s) - representing people in some way is fine though - vague figures, drawings or simply having a building somewhere could work for that.

There's more of a plot summary over here.

Thanks!

Weakness and strength are so closely related, it is hard to discern which action indicates which characteristic. - Empress Eiliana of Kayga

cure4thecommon
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: ECHELON

[*] posted on 7-2-2010 at 07:20 PM

Username of cover requester: zemmy
Estimation of time to make cover: Done.

[Edited on 7-3-2010 by cure4thecommon]

Rossiter
decked out in palm trees

Mood: cursing time zones
JulNoWriMo Title: The Mysterious Affair of the Global Consequences

[*] posted on 7-2-2010 at 07:29 PM

Username of cover requester: KBlooms
Estimation of time to make cover: by the end of 7/2 (Hawaii time)

zemmy
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-3-2010 at 07:14 AM

Username of cover requester: FantasyFreak
Estimation of time to make cover: Done

Edit: I posted 69th on each cover me up thread, dirty xD

[Edited on 7-3-2010 by zemmy]

[Edited on 7-4-2010 by zemmy]

For some inane reason I decided to do JulNoWriMo. Apparently one month isn't nearly enough agonizing torture for my mind in a year, I had to go for two.
writer_mercia
JulNo Writer

Mood: Annoyed, and should be writing.
JulNoWriMo Title: Prince of Thieves

[*] posted on 7-3-2010 at 12:56 PM

Username: writer_mercia
Title of novel: Prince of Thieves
Your name or pseudo name (only if you would like this on the cover): Mercia
Any other text?: Never trust a thief.
A short description of your novelís themes/plot/character (depending on what you would wish the cover to focus on): Kahil is a fourteen-year old thief in the care of San-Hassan, the head of the thieves. He stole an important document from a dead man and is now being chased by two governments for it.
Any images that you would like to be on the cover (not necessary): A crown and a bloody, ornate dagger stuck into a green apple, with the crown sitting encirling the apple. Everything black and white except for the blood on the dagger. Awesome curly font, I think :)
Any other details?:

[Edited on 7-5-2010 by writer_mercia]

"I'm a thief."
"You're a WHAT?"
"A thief. You know, the kind that steals."
Luminosity.of.a.Shadow
JulNo Member

Mood: People singing their theme songs is great.
JulNoWriMo Title: Splinter

[*] posted on 7-3-2010 at 02:43 PM

Username: Luminosity.of.a.Shadow
Title of novel: Splinter
Your name or pseudo name (only if you would like this on the cover): Katie Waldrop
Any other text?: The reflections are shattering, one by one...
A short description of your novelís themes/plot/character (depending on what you would wish the cover to focus on):
The main character, Nami, was interrupted by sabotage at a critical point in the development of her id-her self. Somehow, this ended in her becoming two identical people: Nami, and Iman. They are one person in two bodies, and someday one will have to kill the other to mend their split. In the larger perspective, their world is a copy of an original, which the government brought the people to in order to save them from cataclysm. Now, this created dimension is collapsing, and this splintered person's powers-the recreation of reality-are the key to returning to the now-stabilized original. Problem is, she can't use them until her shattered self is repaired...
Any images that you would like to be on the cover (not necessary): I'd like it to involve reflections somehow.
Any other details?: The story was inspired by Within Temptation's Hand of Sorrow, so if it evokes any vivid images...Main character is pale-skinned with long red hair in a black jumpsuit with silver scrollwork across the shoulders if you want to include her.

[Request edited for simplicity, because nobody's claimed it yet.]

[Edited on 7-6-2010 by Luminosity.of.a.Shadow]

[Edited on 7-6-2010 by Luminosity.of.a.Shadow]

Credits to rschmwrite for the sig; Brytanie for the cover art. Kudos!
Tina
Super Moderator

Mood: Ain't Lonely

Word Count: 50021 / 50000
Word Count Start100% CompleteWord Count End

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-3-2010 at 03:58 PM

Username: Kristina
Title of novel: Decadence
Your name or pseudo name (only if you would like this on the cover): Tina Orwolf
Any other text?: "People aren't always going to be nice to you." or, "The love is deep so I want to control the pain." Whatever fits best. If text doesn't look right then I don't mind if you leave it out.
A short description of your novelís themes/plot/character (depending on what you would wish the cover to focus on): Themes are homosexuality and lust. Anything which suggests sadism or vandalism and/or depicits loneliness/abuse would work well. Characters are mostly 18-24 year old gangsters and prostitutes, with the exception of my religious (Christian) MC. More information in my profile. (any one thing would work, I'm not asking for all of the above, haha)
Any images that you would like to be on the cover (not necessary): Whatever you think works.
Any other details?: Feel free to U2U if you want to know anything more specific.

~ ‚ô• ~
HeraldMage
JulNo Writer

Mood: Chpper
JulNoWriMo Title: Rusted Heat

Word Count: 2208 / 50000
Word Count Start4% Complete96% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-3-2010 at 06:01 PM

Username: HeraldMage

Title of novel: txt

Your name or pseudo name (only if you would like this on the cover): um, no name

Any other text?: the words "it's more than just chatspeak" in blocky/bold print under the title, if possible. If not there, perhaps at the bottom of the cover. Wherever looks nice.

A short description of your novelís themes/plot/character (depending on what you would wish the cover to focus on): Um, basically it's about this guy who's been left by his lover of six years on his 24th bday, then later on finding love over the internet. The first part of the story is just him being depressed and not feeling motivated to do anything, then later on he starts opening himself up. So... I guess the themes are loneliness and... finding happiness? lol, I have no idea.

Any images that you would like to be on the cover (not necessary): Hm, I'm really liking my mental image of a semi-lit room, with a desk that contains an open/on laptop that's surrounded by empty cups of coffee, because that's how my MC is at the moment; messy and dependent on his computer. It'd be cool if there was a text message on the screen that you could read. I'm thinking something along the lines of "u there?" or "where r u?" something like that. I don't know how complicated it is to make covers, so if that's not possible it's quite alright.

Any other details?: No people whatsoever man, because it's awkward to me xD You can message me or whatever if you want more details or whatever. It's okay: I don't bite!

Thank you to whoever takes interest and makes this cover :3 I've never had anything like this done before, so... I'm really excited!
zemmy
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-3-2010 at 08:00 PM

Username of cover requester: Kristina

[Edited on 7-4-2010 by zemmy]

zemmy
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-4-2010 at 01:25 AM

Username of cover requester: HeraldMage
Estimation of time to make cover: Between 1 hour and 2 days

Savara
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-4-2010 at 04:03 AM

Just a reminder, my request still hasn't been claimed so if anyone is feeling creative... ;) Thanks!

Weakness and strength are so closely related, it is hard to discern which action indicates which characteristic. - Empress Eiliana of Kayga

Savara
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-4-2010 at 12:07 PM

Sorry about that, I feel slightly stupid for not checking out the first post of this thread. I didn't notice the list there so thought it might be hard to notice which request still hadn't be claimed. :) I apologise, thanks for pointing that out to me!

Sempai
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Curse of Silver Lake

[*] posted on 7-4-2010 at 01:27 PM

Username: Sempai
Title: Curse of Silver Lake
Name: S.E. Thornton
Other text: none
Short des.: Marjorie, Renee, Alicia, and Olivia head off to a three-week summer camp, Camp Silver Lake. Something is killing off campers, and they have to find out who.
Other stuff: Silver/grey on the cover is all I ask.

Thanks!
writer_mercia
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-4-2010 at 07:01 PM

Status: I'm done. And someone else pointed out that zemmy was working on yours. *facepalm* Oh well. Now you'll have two....

[Edited on 7-5-2010 by writer_mercia]

"I'm a thief."
"You're a WHAT?"
Tina
Super Moderator

Mood: Ain't Lonely

Word Count: 50021 / 50000
Word Count Start100% CompleteWord Count End

JulNoWriMo Winner!

[*] posted on 7-4-2010 at 07:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by writer_mercia  

Isn't zemmy already working on HeraldMage's cover? :confused:

~ ‚ô• ~
writer_mercia
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-4-2010 at 07:33 PM

DRAT. *stomps foot and walks around in circles* That REALLY sucks. *facepalm* I thought I'd read all the way through the thread. >.<

Oh well. HeraldMage is just going to get two covers, 'cuz I already finished it :P

"I'm a thief."
"You're a WHAT?"
rschmwrite
JulNo Writer

Mood: Content & Excited
JulNoWriMo Title: World of Prey

[*] posted on 7-4-2010 at 07:54 PM

Do you need other people to make covers. I'm offering my services :d

Visit Avatars, Signatures, Banners, Oh My! to request Anything you Want.
writer_mercia
JulNo Writer

[*] posted on 7-4-2010 at 08:07 PM

My request on page three hasn't been filled yet, to my knowledge. Of course, I'm obviously not very good at finding things on this thread. :P

"I'm a thief."
"You're a WHAT?"
rschmwrite
JulNo Writer

Mood: Content & Excited
JulNoWriMo Title: World of Prey

[*] posted on 7-5-2010 at 05:03 PM

Username of cover requester: Savara

Visit Avatars, Signatures, Banners, Oh My! to request Anything you Want.
 Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]