JulNoWriMo Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
  Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5
Author: Subject: Cover me up! request thread.
Darkhorserunner
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: I should probably be writing right now! Tsk, tsk!
JulNoWriMo Title: Bunny

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 6-4-2010 at 09:14 AM
Cover me up! request thread.

Username: Darkhorserunner
Title of novel: Bunny
Your name or pseudo name (only if you would like this on the cover): Ellen Baker
Any other text?:
A short description of your novelís themes/plot/character (depending on what you would wish the cover to focus on): Bridgit Engberg is going on a mission to find out the truth about her life - find her mother, long-lost siblings, and the secret to her father's success.
Any images that you would like to be on the cover (not necessary):
Any other details?: No people on the cover, please.
janefendy
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: umm >___>
JulNoWriMo Title: Vulture Eye / Juxtaposition of Life and Death

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 10:22 AM

Anyone knows the size of a cover, or can I make my own size?

Twitter - Last.fm - Blog

Badge(s):
janefendy
Experienced JulNo'er

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 10:26 PM

Username of cover requester: Darkhorserunner
Estimation of time to make cover: a day

The cover might be really bad since I'm not an expert, but feel free to just leave it on the tray without taking it if you don't like it :)

Twitter - Last.fm - Blog

Badge(s):
thebluedinosaur
Experienced JulNo'er

JulNoWriMo Title: Spark

[*] posted on 6-13-2010 at 01:32 AM

Username: thebluedinosaur
Title of novel: Retreat
Your name or pseudo name (only if you would like this on the cover): Jasmine Mary
Any other text?: It was hot. So hot.
A short description of your novelís themes/plot/character (depending on what you would wish the cover to focus on): Four teenagers are taking a drive to a church retreat. They have names, but they're not important; all you need to know is that it's two girls, two guys, and their parents are completely fine with them going on the trip. They're not the type to get into sexual situations. And I mean, they actually aren't. It's not just what their parents think.
Anyway. They're driving, and slowly, the tension (anger tension, that is) begins to rise; the two girls are constantly fighting, and they're running out of water. They're driving through deserts and farms, and they're nearly out of money (they should have planned ahead, I know), and it's sweltering hot. And they all start going crazy, little by little.

Any images that you would like to be on the cover (not necessary): Nah, I'm good. (:
Any other details?: Erm. It's a horror novel, so something dark would be best. Preferably not something over-the-top, though; I like simpler covers. It's really up to you, though. (:

janefendy
Experienced JulNo'er

[*] posted on 6-14-2010 at 10:23 AM

Username of cover requester: Burnttoast
Estimation of time to make cover: a day until three

Twitter - Last.fm - Blog

Badge(s):
a.nicolefindley
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: Getting the morning coffee.
JulNoWriMo Title: Cumae

[*] posted on 6-14-2010 at 02:53 PM

Username: a.nicolefindley
Title of novel: Flux
Your name or pseudo name (only if you would like this on the cover): Nicole Findley
Any other text?: n/a
A short description of your novelís themes/plot/character (depending on what you would wish the cover to focus on): A spaceship filled with criminals crash-lands on a desert planet. Most of them comitted minor crimes and set about trying to contact humans, but a few of them are murderers, bent on not being recaptured. They set about destroying the evidence of their escape: the other criminals. Yeah... murder, murder, death, death. ;)
Any images that you would like to be on the cover (not necessary): Nothing in particular, although the main character uses a knife as her main weapon... a bloody knife laying in the sand maybe? Feel free to choose something else though.
Any other details?: Don't be afraid to contact me if you're confused or have any questions. But over all, have fun!

a.nicolefindley
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: Getting the morning coffee.
JulNoWriMo Title: Cumae

[*] posted on 6-14-2010 at 05:07 PM

Username of cover requester: thebluedinosaur
Estimation of time to make cover: Should be done before 5 PM (eastern time) on June 15th.

It might not be perfect, but I'll give it my best shot. ;)

janefendy
Experienced JulNo'er

[*] posted on 6-15-2010 at 12:28 AM

Username of cover requester: a.nicolefindley
Estimation of time to make cover: a day or two.

Twitter - Last.fm - Blog

Badge(s):
cheyenne.r.trumbo
JulNo Royalty

Mood: La Dee Dah

[*] posted on 6-15-2010 at 01:49 PM

-Edited Away-

Changed my novel... May request one done at a later date.

[Edited on 16-6-2010 by cheyenne.r.trumbo]

jsights
JulNo Writer

Mood: Writerly
JulNoWriMo Title: Ravaged Heart

[*] posted on 6-16-2010 at 11:20 AM

Ooohh, me, me please! I would absolutely adore it if someone made a cover for my novel!

Username: jsights
Title of novel: Divided Heart
Your name or pseudo name (only if you would like this on the cover): Jennifer K. Sights
Any other text?: N/A
A short description of your novelís themes/plot/character (depending on what you would wish the cover to focus on): Elena, a private investigator, is hired to locate a runaway teen. During the investigation, she meets and falls in love with Vittorio, a member of a local coven of witches, and discovers that she has magical power of her own (the existence of magic is not known to the general public.) Because of the strength of Elena's newfound power, other members of the coven fear that Vittorio and Elena will try to usurp power to become High Priest and Priestess. She has to fight to save her life and the life of those she loves while trying to solve the case.
Any images that you would like to be on the cover (not necessary): I have no idea, I'm not terribly visual...my art all comes in words.
Any other details?: Vittorio is 6'6", long black hair...kind of like Antonio Banderas in "Interview with the Vampire", but his face is prettier. Elena is 5'7", petite, long hair dyed black with red streaks. They are both very Goth.
The novel takes place in modern day Boston, is urban fantasy with romance mixed in.

If you need more details, just let me know!

janefendy
Experienced JulNo'er

[*] posted on 6-17-2010 at 12:52 AM

Username of cover requester: jsights

Twitter - Last.fm - Blog

Badge(s):
Erosaf_Ruler
JulNo Member

Mood: bored
JulNoWriMo Title: Augor

[*] posted on 6-17-2010 at 02:30 AM

Username: Erosaf_Ruler
Title of novel: Kindred
Your name or pseudo name (only if you would like this on the cover): Jamie Wilson
Any other text?: Book 1 of the Consalvo Series
A short description of your novelís themes/plot/character (depending on what you would wish the cover to focus on): This book is based on four different races. Werewolves, demons and vampires. I would like a brown skinned grey eyed, russet haired teenage guy about 19 years old's face and under it a howling russet wolf. Also a blond haired pale skinned, green eyed girl teenage again but only 18's face with a picture of her whole body including black skeletal demonic wings. And also a brown skinned, black haired face with a golden crescent moon in the middle of her forehead. Under this one please the same thing as the other girl only give her the feathery black wings of an eagle.
Any images that you would like to be on the cover (not necessary):
Any other details?:
I need this by the end of June for my November NaNo so i can send away for it
Beccaa2406
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 6-17-2010 at 11:53 AM

Username of cover requester: Erosaf_Ruler

Monkey_With_Fanta
Experienced JulNo'er

Mood: In pain :(
JulNoWriMo Title: Arkanos - Memorycatcher (Book One)

[*] posted on 6-17-2010 at 01:07 PM

Username: Monkey_With_Fanta
Title of novel: Arkanos
Your name or pseudo name (only if you would like this on the cover): Dragonsphinx
Any other text?:The path north... The path to the past...
A short description of your novelís themes/plot/character (depending on what you would wish the cover to focus on): It's about a boy called Yuih who is journeying through a place called the Dragon Continent with a group of allies. Each is searching for something, but Yuih is searching for his lost memories and who he really is. They're adventure takes them ever more north of the Continent and it begins to look like they'll have to do the impossible: find a mythical city of black neon up north which might not even exist and stop the world from ending.
The cover could focus on the mythical city where most things are black and lit by blue neon lights. Or something in that direction...
Any images that you would like to be on the cover (not necessary): Maybe a skyline of a city? Donno. But it would be nice if dark blue and black colours were used as much as possible. Or blacks and blues... umm.. yeah.
Any other details?: If it helps at all my characters are very anime-ish by their looks. Yuih has a hint of Asian ethnicity and long black hair (down to his hips). If more info is needed about anything please feel free to U2U me :)

Please visit my blog Monkey's Fanta World!

JulNoWriMo 2012 ~ Arkanos - Memorycatcher (Book One)
janefendy
Experienced JulNo'er

[*] posted on 6-18-2010 at 01:50 AM

Username of cover requester: monkey_with_fanta
Estimation of time to make cover: an hour

Twitter - Last.fm - Blog

Badge(s):
SlytherinKali
JulNo Writer

Mood: Must.Keep.Writing.
JulNoWriMo Title: The Courtship of Rebekah Allen

[*] posted on 6-18-2010 at 11:32 AM

Username: SlytherinKali
Title of novel: The Courtship of Rebekah Allen
Your name or pseudo name (only if you would like this on the cover): Kali Larsen
Any other text?: n/a
A short description of your novelís themes/plot/character (depending on what you would wish the cover to focus on): The novel centers around the 17th year of Rebekah Allen. Rebekah has been raised in a conservative, traditionalist, Christian family, but she has dreams and ambitions her parents don't approve of, and a plan to get them. However, when her parents move her family to a farm in the middle of nowhere in Texas her plans need to be rearranged.

However, she soon meets her handsome neighbor, Issac (19) and finds herself falling for him despite the fact that he belongs to a family that is just like hers, only more so. When he approaches her father and asks for permission to court her Rebekah is faced with a decision that will define her for the rest of her life.
Any images that you would like to be on the cover (not necessary): I'll leave the artsy things up to someone else.
Any other details?: If you're going to include either Rebekah or Isaac you should know that Rebekah is petite with long honey blonde hair (to her mid back) and is forced to dress in long skirts and very modest tops by her parents and Isaac has curly light brown hair and glasses.

JulNo'10 - The Courtship of Rebekah Allen
Click Here to see the cover art for my JulNo. Thanks to cheyenne.r.trumbo

cheyenne.r.trumbo
JulNo Royalty

[*] posted on 6-18-2010 at 01:56 PM

Username: cheyenne.r.trumbo
Title of novel: Mortality
Your name or pseudo name (only if you would like this on the cover): Cheyenne Trumbo
Any other text?: I don't want to live forever
A short description of your novelís themes/plot/character (depending on what you would wish the cover to focus on): Uhm, Born in a small human settlement, the young girl should never have been anything special. However, he blood held the key to something, something no one imagined possible. In her blood lies the path to mortality. That's right. Mortality. You see, some vampires, don't want to be vampires. They don't want to be monsters that cause pain and suffering. The want to go back to their old lives, live, love, have a family, and then die. But there are also those vampires that find their existence a blessing. They feel like gods, never aging, never dying. They decide who lives, who dies, and who gets to join them. They are out to stop the mortality of vampires at any cost.
Any images that you would like to be on the cover (not necessary): Up to the artist
Any other details?: U2U me if you'd like to know anything about the physical appearance of the three MC's

Janina.Falk
JulNo Member

Mood: I have an editor!!
JulNoWriMo Title: I'll decide when it's done

[*] posted on 6-18-2010 at 03:13 PM

Username: Janina.Falk
Title of novel: Anamentia
Pseudo name: Janina Falk
Any other text?:
A short description of your novelís themes/plot/character: Known only as the Triplets among common conversation, it was no secret there was something odd about the Anament girls. Each born with a sensory disability, they tended to stick to themselves and the village let them alone that way. Amidst the undercurrent of whispers of curses and bad parenting the girls grew swiftly, learning to care only for one another and leave other people to themselves. As they rose in learning and added value to the tribe of Moon Dwellers the girls became almost accepted to a point, even if it seemed they had no parents; until they began to change.

Guards were thrown up against them once again as they and their natural abilities began to mutate in ways that frightened even them. Left with no out, the girls fled, soon finding camp with a motley crew of creatures. Now that the final members have joined together, the group must now finish the quest of the goddess that has been passed along their lines for centuries; or die trying.
Any images that you would like to be on the cover (not necessary): possibly a pair of young female eyes superimposed (I think that is the artsy word for half-transparent over other things) but certainly not necessary
Any other details?: U2U me if you'd like any more details

When I first saw you, I was afraid to meet you
When I finally met you, I was tentative to kiss you
When I kissed you for the first time, my heart was afraid to love you
Now that I love you, the thing I am most deathly afraid of more than anything else
Is losing you
cheyenne.r.trumbo
JulNo Royalty

[*] posted on 6-18-2010 at 06:58 PM

Blargh...

[Edited on 19-6-2010 by cheyenne.r.trumbo]

somethingwitty
JulNo Writer

Mood: Ugh...
JulNoWriMo Title: The Satelite Dimension

[*] posted on 6-24-2010 at 09:07 AM

Username: somethingwitty
Title of novel: The Satelite Dimension
Pseudo name: Emily Oliver
Any other text?: "All you have to do is save them to survive..."
A short description of your novelís themes/plot/character (depending on what you would wish the cover to focus on): A girl with black curly hair and blue eyes, tall, pale skin, orange sword, and a dagger. She is in a fighting position with knights in silver armor (six of them, they look very similar; three are girls, three are guys.) Or you could just put their faces on the cover. Whatever works.
Any other details?: The Satelite Dimension looks like she's standing on visible sound waves, so interpret that how you'd like. :)

Thanks!

[Edited on 6-24-2010 by somethingwitty]

Thanks to thepillsburydoughgirl for the avatar!

Nano 2009-5,000 Years From Now
4398/3000
Screnzy 2009-Time Traveler's Association UNFINISHED/FAIL
4 pages/3 pages
Julno 2010-The Satelite Dimension
3959 (so far)/50000
_Kyre_
JulNo Member

Mood: Wanting June to start
JulNoWriMo Title: Tattered Flesh 2

[*] posted on 6-25-2010 at 03:31 PM

Username: _Kyre_
Title of novel: Invasi|ion
Your name or pseudo name (only if you would like this on the cover): Jordan Jarman
Any other text?: Nope.

A short description of your novelís themes/plot/character (depending on what you would wish the cover to focus on): The theme of the story is choices. It's about a kid named Kyle who's warped to an alternate reality where an alter-ego of Kyle, named Jason, is destroying humankind.

Any images that you would like to be on the cover (not necessary): When I think of the cover in my mind, I see a black outline of Kyle (short shirt, messy semi-long hair, shorts) and a kind of rift. There's a thick white line in the middle, and Kyle's outline is in the middle of the white, and then separating from the white on either side is an electric yellow that goes lighter as it goes out to the edges.

Any other details?: Kyle is given a semi-control of the electricity around him, so I would like the cover colors to seem like they're electricity or something akin to lightning.

Please U2U me if that didn't make sense--I'm not all that good at explaining things...

They need a "Like" button for the posts here... ;)
Reizna
JulNo Writer

Mood: Disappointed
JulNoWriMo Title: Fallen Sun

[*] posted on 6-25-2010 at 08:36 PM

Username: Reizna
Title of novel: The Wonderland Paradox
Your name or pseudo name: Sarah Mendoza
Any other text?: All I wanted wasÖto go home. Look at the mess Iíve made.
A short description of your novelís themes/plot/character: A girl from the present day walks with a boy from school, but when she takes his hand, the road isnít the same anymore Ė where she once saw a skyscraper, she instead sees a castle.
Any images that you would like to be on the cover: Um, up to you.
Any other details?: If you can put all of that, it would be great, but if itís just too much, you can leave stuff out. Iíll be happy with the outcome.

Thanks in advance. :D
janefendy
Experienced JulNo'er

[*] posted on 6-25-2010 at 11:15 PM

Username of cover requester: _Kyre_
Estimation of time to make cover: umm half an hour.

Twitter - Last.fm - Blog

Badge(s):
cheyenne.r.trumbo
JulNo Royalty

[*] posted on 6-25-2010 at 11:54 PM

Username of cover requester: Reizna
Estimation of time to make cover: 10-15 minutes tops?

cheyenne.r.trumbo
JulNo Royalty

[*] posted on 6-26-2010 at 10:57 AM

Username of cover requester: SlitherinKali
Estimation of time to make cover: Already done!

Pages:  1    3  ..  5

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]